|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose addresses are found in Spencer Merrimon's pocket?
2. What do Hunt and Yoakum NOT see at the Cross house when they go to arrest Cross?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Yoakum warns Hunt about regarding Hunt's involvement with Katherine and Johnny?
4. Why does Officer Cross forbid Jack and Gerald to speak of Alyssa's death?
5. Hunt and Yoakum have to meet with state investigators from _______________ when they go to work the next day.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "The Last Child"? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
"The Last Child" is a classic mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)