|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Officer Cross forbid Jack and Gerald to speak of Alyssa's death?
2. What does Jack notice in a piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
3. What had fallen into the shaft prior to the body?
4. Why does Hunt call firefighters to the abandoned mine?
5. The firefighters find an old bicycle and ________________________ in the mine.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene which Hunt and Yoakum find when they arrive at Officer Cross' house to arrest him.
2. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
3. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
4. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
5. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
6. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
7. When does Hunt begin to think that maybe Alyssa wasn't abducted at all and who really knows the truth?
8. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
9. What information does Dr. Trenton Moore give to Hunt that clears Hunt in Levi's killing?
10. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)