|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Trenton Moore?
2. Who helps Katherine find a new place to live?
3. Where is Yoakum taken for investigation?
4. How did Levi's finger get infected?
5. Steve's description of Meechum __________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
2. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
3. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
4. When does Hunt begin to think that maybe Alyssa wasn't abducted at all and who really knows the truth?
5. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
6. Describe the scene in which Hunt and Yoakum are ordered to surrender their revolvers and why Yoakum is taken to state headquarters in Raleigh for questioning.
7. Why does Yoakum think that Hunt's involvement in the Merrimon case be harmful for several reasons?
8. Why did Officer Cross forbid anyone to speak of Alyssa's death?
9. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
10. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "The Last Child"? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Katherine. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)