|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hunt and Yoakum have to surrender to the police chief?
2. What does Johnny see in the front yard of his house when he arrives in Chapter 53?
3. Who helps Katherine find a new place to live?
4. The stolen license plates used on the cars Johnny saw at Jarvis' place were taken from cars ____________________.
5. At the mall, Yoakum and Hunt encounter an old woman carrying ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
2. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
3. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
4. How had Levi learned of his daughter's death and what did God tell him to do then?
5. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
6. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
7. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
8. What do the firefighters find in the mine shaft?
9. When does Hunt begin to think that maybe Alyssa wasn't abducted at all and who really knows the truth?
10. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"The Last Child" is a classic mystery story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Fear takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)