|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT lead Yoakum and Hunt to think Steve was involved?
2. Yoakum and Hunt think that a likely reason Johnny thinks a cop was involved with Jarvis is ____________________.
3. Who appears and points a pistol at Cross?
4. What is Meechum doing when Hunt and Yoakum see him through a crack in his blinds?
5. Why did Yoakum kill Meechum?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
2. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
3. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
4. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
5. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
6. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
7. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
8. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
9. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
10. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the story. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Katherine. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)