|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunt arrest Cross?
2. Hunt gets a call from Officer Cross telling him the police team has unearthed the body of whom?
3. Johnny thought the man in #174 was a cop because ________________________.
4. What name does Levi say before he dies?
5. At the mall, Yoakum and Hunt encounter an old woman carrying ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
2. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
3. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
4. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
5. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
6. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
7. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
8. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
9. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
10. What reason does the police chief give Hunt for why Yoakum was taken away for questioning?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Abuse takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of emotional abuse in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)