|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is shown lodged in Levi's intestines on an autopsy x-ray?
2. The firefighters find an old bicycle and ________________________ in the mine.
3. What do Hunt and Yoakum have to surrender to the police chief?
4. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
5. Jack says he loaned Alyssa his bicycle so she could ____________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does the police chief give Hunt for why Yoakum was taken away for questioning?
2. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
3. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
4. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
5. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
6. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
7. Why does Yoakum think that Hunt's involvement in the Merrimon case be harmful for several reasons?
8. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
9. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
10. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "The Last Child"? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Abuse takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of emotional abuse in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)