|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny tell Jack about Levi in Chapter 44?
2. The firefighters find an old bicycle and ________________________ in the mine.
3. What is Levi's answer when Johnny asks him where Alyssa is?
4. Who told Jack where Alyssa is?
5. What do Hunt and his son have for dinner in Chapter 41?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
2. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
3. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
4. Describe the scene in which Hunt and Yoakum are ordered to surrender their revolvers and why Yoakum is taken to state headquarters in Raleigh for questioning.
5. Why did Officer Cross forbid anyone to speak of Alyssa's death?
6. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
7. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
8. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
9. What is the cause of Levi's infected finger and why does he try to strangle Jack?
10. What information does Dr. Trenton Moore give to Hunt that clears Hunt in Levi's killing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Fear takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)