|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Meechum die?
2. What is Levi's answer when Johnny asks him where Alyssa is?
3. With whom does Hunt have a contentious encounter in Chapter 37?
4. What is on the sign at the mine where Levi says Alyssa is?
5. Why did Yoakum shoot Meechum?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
2. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
3. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
4. What is the cause of Levi's infected finger and why does he try to strangle Jack?
5. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
6. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
7. Why does Yoakum think that Hunt's involvement in the Merrimon case be harmful for several reasons?
8. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
9. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
10. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
John Hart is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphor, and irony, and briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the book's title. What does the author mean by calling it simply "The Last Child"? What is he trying to emphasize with this emphatic style? Suggest three alternate titles for this book with supporting rationale for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)