|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunt gets a call from Officer Cross telling him the police team has unearthed the body of whom?
2. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
3. To what do the firefighters hook their ropes?
4. Who told Jack where Alyssa is?
5. At the mall, Yoakum and Hunt encounter an old woman carrying ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hunt learn is the first body unearthed at Jarvis' house?
2. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
3. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
4. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
5. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
6. What information does Dr. Trenton Moore give to Hunt that clears Hunt in Levi's killing?
7. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
8. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
9. How had Levi learned of his daughter's death and what did God tell him to do then?
10. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the story. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)