|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose bike is found in the mine?
2. Hunt shows an autopsy photo of whom to Johnny to confirm that he is the man Johnny saw with Jarvis?
3. What does Levi pour over his wounds?
4. What do Hunt and his son have for dinner in Chapter 41?
5. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that who is a prime suspect in the murders?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
2. What information does Dr. Trenton Moore give to Hunt that clears Hunt in Levi's killing?
3. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
4. What reason does the police chief give Hunt for why Yoakum was taken away for questioning?
5. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
6. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
7. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
8. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
9. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
10. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book The Last Child? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Katherine and her relationships to her son and her lover. What has led to Katherine’s struggles with alcohol and drug abuse? How does this abuse affect her son? How does it affect her?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Detective Hunt. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him at this point in his life?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)