|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who emerges from the woods to say he knows where Alyssa is?
2. Jack tells Hunt that Alyssa is in a/an _____________________________.
3. What does Hunt think that Cross put in David Wilson's wrecked car?
4. The old woman tells Hunt and Yoakum that ____________________________.
5. At the mall, Yoakum and Hunt encounter an old woman carrying ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the firefighters find in the mine shaft?
2. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
3. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
4. Why does Yoakum think that Hunt's involvement in the Merrimon case be harmful for several reasons?
5. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
6. What reason does the police chief give Hunt for why Yoakum was taken away for questioning?
7. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
8. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
9. Describe the scene which Hunt and Yoakum find when they arrive at Officer Cross' house to arrest him.
10. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Johnny, Jack, Detective Hunt, Allen and Katherine. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
"The Last Child" is a classic example of a coming-of-age story. What does that classification entail? Why does this book fit into this category?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)