|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Alyssa been missing?
2. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
3. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
4. Why does Hunt give Katherine and Johnny a ride home from the crime scene?
5. What does Johnny find in the glove box of Uncle Steve's car?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
2. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
3. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
4. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
5. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
6. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
7. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
8. Why does Katherine dispose of her Vicodin and other medications?
9. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
10. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)