|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
2. Who is Levi's wife?
3. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
4. How long has Alyssa been missing?
5. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
2. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
3. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
4. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
5. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
6. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
7. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
8. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
9. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
10. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Detective Hunt and Ken Holloway. What are their roles within the story? Both of the men are interested in Katherine but for different reasons. Which man is the better choice for Katherine? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Katherine. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)