|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
2. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
3. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
4. What does Johnny find in the glove box of Uncle Steve's car?
5. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
2. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
3. Who tips off Meechum to destroy the computer and child pornography items?
4. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
5. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
6. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
7. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
8. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
9. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
10. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Hart uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two examples you can identify in the story and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 1,728 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)