|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
2. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
3. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
4. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
5. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
2. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
3. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
4. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
5. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
6. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
7. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
8. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
9. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
10. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Abuse takes on an almost human persona in this book. What were the sources of emotional abuse in the story? What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)