|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
2. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
4. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
5. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Hunt think planted Yoakum's shell casing in David Wilson's car and then ran Wilson over the bridge?
2. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
3. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
4. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
5. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
6. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
7. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
8. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
9. Why do Hunt and Yoakum think that Johnny believes that a cop was involved with Jarvis?
10. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Fear takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of good vs. evil. Identify at least two characters who embody both good and evil and then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 1,661 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)