|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
2. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
3. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
4. How much does the man in #24 weigh?
5. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
2. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
3. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
4. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
5. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
6. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
7. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
8. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
9. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
10. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Ken Holloway. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Katherine. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Johnny, Jack, Detective Hunt, Allen and Katherine. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)