|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's last name?
2. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
3. Hunt tells Levi's probation officer that there are _______________ murder victims connected to Levi.
4. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
5. Who is Johnny's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
2. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
3. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
4. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
5. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
6. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
7. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
8. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
9. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
10. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Katherine. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her--if anything--at this point in her life?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)