|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
2. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
3. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
4. How old is Johnny?
5. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
2. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
3. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
4. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
5. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
6. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
7. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
8. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
9. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
10. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the book. Why does Hart use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Detective Hunt. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Detective Hunt and Ken Holloway. What are their roles within the story? Both of the men are interested in Katherine but for different reasons. Which man is the better choice for Katherine? Why?
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)