|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
2. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
3. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
4. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
5. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
2. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
3. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
4. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
5. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
6. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
7. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
8. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
9. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
10. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Johnny, Jack, Detective Hunt, Allen and Katherine. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, socialization, etc.
Essay Topic 2
There are several events of foreshadowing in the story. Define foreshadowing. Cite at least two situations in the story that serve as foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)