|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
2. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
3. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
4. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
5. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
2. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
3. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
4. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
5. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
6. What does Cross reveal about Hunt's son's part in the murder cover-up and how does Hunt address the situation?
7. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
8. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
9. Who does Hunt learn is the first body unearthed at Jarvis' house?
10. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the book's title. What did the author mean by calling the book "The Last Child"? Cite an example to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Levi Freemantle. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him--if anything--at this point in his life?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 1,801 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)