|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who appears and points a pistol at Cross?
2. What does Johnny help Levi to do?
(a) Eat some food.
(b) Dig a grave.
(c) Walk to the truck.
(d) Remove his handcuffs.
3. What do Hunt and Yoakum have to surrender to the police chief?
(a) Their keys.
(b) Their uniforms.
(c) Their badges.
(d) Their revolvers.
4. What reason does Hunt tell Yoakum that he thinks Officer Cross killed David Wilson?
(a) David stumbled on Alyssa's body while exploring.
(b) David hotwired his car and drove off.
(c) David tried to break into his house.
(d) David pointed a gun at him.
5. How did Levi learn about the death of his daughter?
(a) On the radio.
(b) In a phone call.
(c) In a news clipping.
(d) On the Internet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the sign at the mine where Levi says Alyssa is?
2. Jack says he loaned Alyssa his bicycle so she could ____________________________.
3. What had fallen into the shaft prior to the body?
4. Who kills Holloway?
5. What does Moore say killed Levi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
2. Describe the scene in which Johnny returns home to find his mother abused by Holloway and Holloway's resulting death.
3. What do the firefighters find in the mine shaft?
4. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
5. Describe the scene which Hunt and Yoakum find when they arrive at Officer Cross' house to arrest him.
6. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
7. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
8. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
9. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
10. Why did Officer Cross forbid anyone to speak of Alyssa's death?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)