|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Levi's answer when Johnny asks him where Alyssa is?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) At Hush Arbors.
(c) In Jarvis' cellar.
(d) At the mall.
2. Jack says he loaned Alyssa his bicycle so she could ____________________________.
(a) go to the county fair.
(b) ride to the mines for a school geology project.
(c) ride with her friends to the next town.
(d) go on a Girl Scout outing.
3. Who is Jack's brother?
4. What is notable about Steve and two other security guards when Yoakum and Hunt push their way into the mall security office?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They do not have guns.
(c) They have new uniforms.
(d) They are all the same height.
5. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bird does Levi yell at during the burial?
2. Which of the following is NOT someone the police chief thinks were involved in the murders?
3. Officer Taylor finds a nineteen-year-old woman dressed in a ________________ costume in Holloway's house.
4. What does Hunt ask Allen when he awakens him at home?
5. What does Jack notice in a piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jack reveal about the truth of how Alyssa died in the mine shaft?
2. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
3. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
4. Why did Officer Cross forbid anyone to speak of Alyssa's death?
5. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
6. Why does Levi say he carried his daughter's coffin to the remote spot in the woods?
7. Describe the scene in which Hunt and Yoakum are ordered to surrender their revolvers and why Yoakum is taken to state headquarters in Raleigh for questioning.
8. What item found with his remains indicates that Spencer Merrimon may have been close to identifying the child abductors?
9. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
10. How had Levi learned of his daughter's death and what did God tell him to do then?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)