|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Yoakum warns Hunt about regarding Hunt's involvement with Katherine and Johnny?
(a) Hunt could be fired.
(b) It could undermine Hunt's credibility.
(c) It could be explosive in the media.
(d) Katherine will expect him to marry her.
2. What reason does Hunt tell Yoakum that he thinks Officer Cross killed David Wilson?
(a) David stumbled on Alyssa's body while exploring.
(b) David pointed a gun at him.
(c) David tried to break into his house.
(d) David hotwired his car and drove off.
3. What is Katherine's situation when Johnny returns home?
(a) She is tied to her bed with scarves.
(b) She is tied to a chair with ropes.
(c) Her hands are tied behind her back with wire.
(d) Her body is suspended with ropes.
4. Why does Hunt arrest Cross?
(a) For the murder of Spencer Merrimon.
(b) For the kidnapping of Alyssa Merrimon.
(c) For the murder of Alyssa Merrimon.
(d) For the murder of David Wilson.
5. What name does Levi say before he dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Steve's description of Meechum __________________________.
2. With whom does Hunt have a contentious encounter in Chapter 37?
3. A shell with __________________ fingerprints was found inside the wreckage of David Wilson's car.
4. What is notable about Steve and two other security guards when Yoakum and Hunt push their way into the mall security office?
5. Who kills Levi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Yoakum think that Hunt's involvement in the Merrimon case be harmful for several reasons?
2. Why did Officer Cross forbid anyone to speak of Alyssa's death?
3. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
4. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
5. Describe the scene which Hunt and Yoakum find when they arrive at Officer Cross' house to arrest him.
6. What do the firefighters find in the mine shaft?
7. What explanation do the firefighters give for the death of the girl in the mine shaft?
8. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
9. What does Cross reveal about Hunt's son's part in the murder cover-up and how does Hunt address the situation?
10. How does fear drive Yoakum to shoot Meechum and Johnny to stalk Levi?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)