|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
(a) Black guy, black shirt.
(b) Big and bald.
(c) White guy, black shirt.
(d) Long hair hippie.
2. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is watching television.
(c) She is mixing a drink.
(d) She is bent over an old photo of his father.
3. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
4. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
5. With whom does Johnny's mother have an affair?
(a) Ken Holloway.
(b) Jim Allen.
(c) No one.
(d) Ed Metzger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
2. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
3. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
4. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
5. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cross reveal about Hunt's son's part in the murder cover-up and how does Hunt address the situation?
2. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
3. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
4. What reason does Hunt give Yoakum for why Officer Cross probably killed David Wilson?
5. What does Johnny help Levi do while he waits to ask him what David Wilson may have told him about the missing girl?
6. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
7. What information does Dr. Trenton Moore give to Hunt that clears Hunt in Levi's killing?
8. What are Ken Holloway's attitudes and actions toward women that probably make him an accessory in the child abductions?
9. What is the cause of Levi's infected finger and why does he try to strangle Jack?
10. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)