|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny and Jack head to an abandoned tobacco farm near whose house?
2. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He lands in the river.
(b) He loses his shoes.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He falls onto a boulder.
3. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
(a) David Hall.
(b) Mark Sutton.
(c) Alex Puthoff.
(d) David Wilson.
4. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
5. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Ellis.
(b) Detective Hunt.
(c) Detective Milford.
(d) Detective Neale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
2. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
3. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
4. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
5. What is found in David Wilson's garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
2. Describe the scene at Meechum's house when Hunt and Yoakum enter and how Meechum is killed.
3. What do the firefighters find in the mine shaft?
4. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
5. How do Hunt and Yoakum reach the conclusion that the man who Johnny saw with Jarvis was a security guard?
6. Describe the scene which Hunt and Yoakum find when they arrive at Officer Cross' house to arrest him.
7. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
8. Describe the scene in which Hunt and Yoakum are ordered to surrender their revolvers and why Yoakum is taken to state headquarters in Raleigh for questioning.
9. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
10. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)