|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He loses his shoes.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He lands in the river.
(d) He falls onto a boulder.
2. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
(a) Why Johnny can't take the car tonight.
(b) Johnny's bedtime.
(c) Who will take Katherine to her bedroom.
(d) Johnny's absences from school.
3. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
(a) Ron Hubbard.
(b) Phil Bowman.
(c) John Yoakum.
(d) Bill Hazzard.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
(a) He works on engines.
(b) He distrusts adults.
(c) He skips school.
(d) He double-checks locks on doors.
5. How much does the man in #24 weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 175 pounds.
(c) 300 pounds.
(d) 210 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
2. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
3. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
4. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
5. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
2. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
3. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
4. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
5. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
6. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
7. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
8. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
9. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
10. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)