|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is listed in the book Johnny has in his pocket?
(a) Alyssa's poems.
(b) His father's address.
(c) Girls who have rejected him.
(d) Local sex offenders.
2. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
3. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
4. In Chapter 3, Detective Hunt has had nightmares about _______________________.
(a) his son running away.
(b) flying into a mountain.
(c) the Alyssa Merrimon case.
(d) falling into a well.
5. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
2. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
3. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
4. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
5. Who is Johnny's only friend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
2. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
3. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
4. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
5. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
6. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
7. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
8. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
9. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
10. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)