|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To ask more questions.
(b) To bring Johnny home.
(c) To arrest Ken.
(d) To go on stakeout.
2. Who is Johnny's only friend?
3. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
4. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
(a) For assaulting an officer.
(b) For kidnapping.
(c) For breaking and entering.
(d) For robbery.
5. What does Johnny find in the glove box of Uncle Steve's car?
(b) A pistol.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A carton of cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the box left on Katherine's doorstep for Johnny?
2. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
3. Why are police dogs brought into Levi's house?
4. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
5. How long has Alyssa been missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
2. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
3. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
4. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
5. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
6. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
7. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
8. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
9. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
10. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)