|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ken Holloway receives a phone call telling him that _______________________.
(a) the alarm at his house is going off.
(b) his car has been vandalized.
(c) a window in his house has been broken.
(d) his sister has been in a car accident.
2. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
(a) To calm Katherine down.
(b) He left his car there.
(c) Looking for Johnny.
(d) To bring Vicodin for Katherine.
3. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
(a) Janice Spillman.
(b) Laura Taylor.
(c) Marie Harris.
(d) Lindsay Morton.
4. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Ellis.
(b) Detective Neale.
(c) Detective Milford.
(d) Detective Hunt.
5. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
2. Who is Levi's wife?
3. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
4. Who is Johnny's only friend?
5. Where does Johnny say he wants to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
2. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
3. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
4. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
5. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
6. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
7. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
8. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
9. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
10. Why does Katherine dispose of her Vicodin and other medications?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)