|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
(a) There is no way Levi could have killed anyone.
(b) When it comes to bad tempers, Levi's is murderous.
(c) Levi was a suspect in a murder case ten years ago.
(d) It is highly possible that Levi could commit murder.
2. How old is Levi's daughter?
3. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
4. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A car's backfire.
(c) A scream.
(d) Barking dogs.
5. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
(a) For robbery.
(b) For kidnapping.
(c) For assaulting an officer.
(d) For breaking and entering.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
2. What is found in David Wilson's garage?
3. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
4. Who is Johnny's only friend?
5. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
2. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
3. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
4. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
5. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
6. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
7. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
8. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
9. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
10. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)