|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(b) The video arcade.
(c) Out to look for the child killer.
(d) A movie.
2. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) David Wilson's bike.
(b) Katherine's front door.
(c) David Wilson's car.
(d) David Wilson's eyelids.
3. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
4. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
(c) hair color.
5. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
(a) That she change her dress before going out.
(b) That she stay at her house with him.
(c) That she accompany him to dinner.
(d) That she cook dinner for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
2. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
3. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
4. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
5. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
2. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
3. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
4. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
5. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
6. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
7. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
8. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
9. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
10. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)