|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
(a) Because he wants to drive him to Georgia.
(b) Because he knows where Alyssa is.
(c) Because he knows he is innocent.
(d) Because he wants to give him money to run away.
2. What is listed in the book Johnny has in his pocket?
(a) His father's address.
(b) Local sex offenders.
(c) Girls who have rejected him.
(d) Alyssa's poems.
3. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
(a) Levi was a suspect in a murder case ten years ago.
(b) There is no way Levi could have killed anyone.
(c) When it comes to bad tempers, Levi's is murderous.
(d) It is highly possible that Levi could commit murder.
4. How long has Alyssa been missing?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) A year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
5. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
(a) hair color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
2. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
3. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
4. How old is Johnny?
5. In what state does the story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
2. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
3. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
4. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
5. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
6. Why is Officer Taylor reluctant to work on the Merrimon case as instructed by Hunt?
7. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
8. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
9. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
10. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)