|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Cash and a gun.
(b) Credit cards and cash.
(c) Map and credit cards.
(d) Cash and a piece of fabric.
2. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
(a) Checking a county map.
(b) Riding his bike.
(c) Listening to his iPod.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
3. Katherine tells Hunt that she and Johnny believe that _____________________________.
(a) Alyssa will come home one day.
(b) a cop worked with Jarvis in his pedophile activities.
(c) Hunt is not working hard enough on the case.
(d) Tiffany knows what happened to Alyssa.
4. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
(a) Lewis Cline.
(b) Lou Andreas.
(c) Levi Freemantle.
(d) Larry Morgan.
5. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
(a) He was David Wilson's friend.
(b) His mother has died.
(c) He found his wife with another man.
(d) His son is missing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
2. What is Kathryn Merrimon doing when Detective Hunt drives by the house in Chapter 10?
3. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
4. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
5. What kind of music blares from the room of the teenager in #56?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
2. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
3. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
4. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
5. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
6. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
7. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
8. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
9. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
10. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
This section contains 1,257 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)