|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(b) A movie.
(c) The video arcade.
(d) Out to look for the child killer.
2. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
(a) Mark Sutton.
(b) David Hall.
(c) David Wilson.
(d) Alex Puthoff.
3. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Take-out menus.
(b) Children's drawings.
(c) Playboy pictures.
(d) Newspaper headlines.
4. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
(a) Sits down to await God's instructions.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Calls the police.
5. What does Johnny do in the woods?
(a) Builds a bonfire.
(b) Waits for the killer.
(c) Sleeps in a tent.
(d) Shoots his gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Johnny say he wants to live?
2. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
3. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
4. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
5. In Chapter 3, Detective Hunt has had nightmares about _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
2. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
3. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
4. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
5. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
6. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
7. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
8. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
9. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
10. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
This section contains 1,084 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)