|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is inside the box left on Katherine's doorstep for Johnny?
(a) An injured cat.
(b) A skunk.
(c) Dog feces.
(d) A dead rat.
2. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
3. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To bring Johnny home.
(b) To go on stakeout.
(c) To ask more questions.
(d) To arrest Ken.
4. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
(a) The body of a man.
(b) A wagon.
(c) A bag of trash.
(d) A bicycle.
5. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
2. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
3. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
4. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
5. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Officer Taylor and the traumatized young woman at Ken Holloway's house.
2. What reason does the police chief give Hunt for why Yoakum was taken away for questioning?
3. What is Johnny's response to Hunt when questioned about whether Levi is the man Johnny saw on the bridge?
4. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
5. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
6. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
7. Is Yoakum's shooting of Meechum justifiable?
8. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
9. How do Hunt and Yoakum realize that Steve is not the security guard they are looking for?
10. What items are discovered with Spencer Merrimon's remains?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)