|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
(a) Cut his arms.
(b) Smears ashes on himself.
(c) Crush berries on his skin.
(d) Puts eagle feathers on his head.
2. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
(b) The computer screen.
(c) The television.
(d) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
3. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A tree branch.
(b) A cane.
(c) A knife.
(d) A steering wheel.
4. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
(a) he is double jointed.
(b) he has no long-term memory.
(c) he does not believe in God.
(d) he is likely to commit his crime again.
5. Who is Johnny's mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
2. Katherine tells Hunt that she and Johnny believe that _____________________________.
3. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
4. Who finds Johnny asleep in the car close to Jarvis' house?
5. What is listed in the book Johnny has in his pocket?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
2. Why is Johnny so obsessed with staking out Burton Jarvis' house and what does he learn there?
3. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
4. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
5. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
6. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
7. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
8. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
9. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
10. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)