|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He loses his shoes.
(b) He falls onto a boulder.
(c) He lands in the river.
(d) He breaks his leg.
2. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
3. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(a) A movie.
(c) The video arcade.
(d) Out to look for the child killer.
4. What does Johnny decide to investigate at Jarvis' house?
(a) The attic.
(b) A cellar.
(c) A locked shed.
(d) His basement.
5. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) The television.
(b) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
(c) The computer screen.
(d) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
2. Ken Holloway receives a phone call telling him that _______________________.
3. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
4. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
5. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
2. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
3. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
4. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
5. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
6. Why does Katherine dispose of her Vicodin and other medications?
7. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
8. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
9. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
10. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)