|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
(a) Julie Nevins.
(b) Cindy Kerrigan.
(c) Tiffany Shore.
(d) Angela Morton.
2. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
(a) a gunshot wound.
(b) a knife wound.
(c) a crushed windpipe.
(d) a heart attack.
3. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
(a) A photo of his father.
(b) His clothes.
(c) A Bible.
(d) Alyssa's jacket.
4. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
(a) Big and bald.
(b) Black guy, black shirt.
(c) Long hair hippie.
(d) White guy, black shirt.
5. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
(b) The television.
(c) The computer screen.
(d) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
2. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
3. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
4. How old is Levi's daughter?
5. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
2. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
3. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
4. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
5. Why does Johnny commit acts of vandalism at Holloway's house?
6. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
7. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
8. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
9. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
10. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)