|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
(a) There is no way Levi could have killed anyone.
(b) It is highly possible that Levi could commit murder.
(c) Levi was a suspect in a murder case ten years ago.
(d) When it comes to bad tempers, Levi's is murderous.
2. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
3. Who is Levi's wife?
4. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To arrest Ken.
(b) To bring Johnny home.
(c) To go on stakeout.
(d) To ask more questions.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
(a) He skips school.
(b) He works on engines.
(c) He double-checks locks on doors.
(d) He distrusts adults.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kathryn Merrimon doing when Detective Hunt drives by the house in Chapter 10?
2. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
3. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
4. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
5. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
2. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
3. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
4. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
5. Why does Johnny refuse to pray with his mother when she asks?
6. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
7. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
8. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
9. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
10. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)