|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
(b) Security guard.
(c) Construction worker.
2. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
(a) David Hall.
(b) Mark Sutton.
(c) David Wilson.
(d) Alex Puthoff.
3. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
(a) That she change her dress before going out.
(b) That she cook dinner for him.
(c) That she accompany him to dinner.
(d) That she stay at her house with him.
4. How old is Johnny?
5. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A love note.
(c) A bottle of Oxycontin.
(d) A vase of roses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
2. What was used as a murder weapon to kill the people in #59?
3. Who tries to break his way into Katherine's house?
4. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
5. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Katherine since the disappearances of her daughter and husband?
2. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack come upon him in the woods?
3. What are Hunt's true reasons for his obsession with the Alyssa Merrimon case and why does he especially dislike Ken Holloway?
4. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
5. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
6. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
7. What are Hunt and Yoakum able to determine about David Wilson by searching his home?
8. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
9. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
10. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)