|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) Two screams.
(b) A window shattering.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Dogs barking.
2. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To arrest Ken.
(b) To bring Johnny home.
(c) To go on stakeout.
(d) To ask more questions.
3. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
4. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Sits down to await God's instructions.
5. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
(a) Crush berries on his skin.
(b) Cut his arms.
(c) Smears ashes on himself.
(d) Puts eagle feathers on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
2. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
3. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
4. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
5. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
2. Why is an arrest warrant issued for Levi Freemantle?
3. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
4. What does Johnny's friend, Jack, say when Johnny asks him to repeat the details of Alyssa's abduction?
5. What does Johnny do when Ken muscles him out of putting his mother to bed when returning home from the riverbank crime scene?
6. What are some of the traumatic events that have occurred that make Johnny Merrimon a troubled boy?
7. For what reason is Levi largely suspected in the abductions?
8. Describe Johnny's transformation into an Indian chief.
9. Why will the Department of Social Services want to speak to Katherine?
10. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)