|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ken Holloway receives a phone call telling him that _______________________.
(a) the alarm at his house is going off.
(b) his car has been vandalized.
(c) a window in his house has been broken.
(d) his sister has been in a car accident.
2. What is listed in the book Johnny has in his pocket?
(a) Girls who have rejected him.
(b) Alyssa's poems.
(c) His father's address.
(d) Local sex offenders.
3. Who is Johnny's only friend?
4. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
5. Hunt tells Levi's probation officer that there are _______________ murder victims connected to Levi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
2. How old is Johnny?
3. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
4. With whom does Johnny's mother have an affair?
5. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
2. How does Johnny inadvertently rescue the missing girl, Tiffany Shore, at Jarvis' house?
3. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
4. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
5. Who is Johnny's "Uncle" Steve?
6. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
7. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
8. What is Levi's probation officer's opinion of whether or not Levi could be a murderer?
9. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
10. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
This section contains 1,203 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)