|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Two screams.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) A window shattering.
2. How old is Johnny?
3. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
4. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
(a) For assaulting an officer.
(b) For robbery.
(c) For breaking and entering.
(d) For kidnapping.
5. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Neale.
(b) Detective Ellis.
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Detective Milford.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
2. Who finds Johnny asleep in the car close to Jarvis' house?
3. What does Johnny stop to pick up as he drives his mother's car to Ken Holloway's house?
4. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
5. What is Johnny's obsession since his sister's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Levi take from the body of the dead man, and what do the police theorize about his murder?
2. What happens when Johnny awakens from a nap under a bridge?
3. What are some of the fears that Hunt experiences in both his personal and professional lives?
4. Why is Levi the chief suspect in the deaths of his wife and her lover and why does the chief not believe that Levi's little daughter is missing?
5. Into whose care is Johnny released when he leaves the hospital?
6. Where does Hunt find Johnny after a call from Louisa Sparrow and what are Johnny's plans for the day?
7. Who is the "giant green monster" who stops Johnny from running?
8. What binds Johnny and Detective Hunt?
9. How does Levi come to be injured in the woods?
10. How does the author reveal that Johnny has broken another window in Ken's home?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)