|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hunt shows an autopsy photo of _________________ to Johnny to confirm that he is the man Johnny saw with Jarvis.
2. Why does Hunt call firefighters to the abandoned mine?
(a) There is the possibility of an explosion.
(b) They can ascend and descend ropes at great lengths.
(c) They are trained in this type of rescue situation.
(d) They have great rescue equipment.
3. What name did Holloway call the girl at his house?
4. What is on the sign at the mine where Levi says Alyssa is?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) No crossing.
(c) No. Croz.
(d) North Crossing.
5. Steve gives Yoakum and Hunt directions to _____________________.
(a) Ken's condo.
(b) the Hush Arbor.
(c) Jarvis' storage locker.
(d) Meechum's house.
6. Who is Trenton Moore?
(a) The coroner.
(b) An architect.
(c) A professor.
(d) A geologist.
7. Why can Katherine and Johnny not go back home right away?
(a) The power is off.
(b) The house is a crime scene.
(c) Someone has broken the windows.
(d) There is no water.
8. Why did Yoakum kill Meechum?
(a) So he wouldn't kill Hunt.
(b) So he wouldn't go after any more little girls.
(c) So he wouldn't kill him first.
(d) So he wouldn't tell about their conspiracy.
9. Yoakum and Hunt think that a likely reason Johnny thinks a cop was involved with Jarvis is ____________________.
(a) because the man wore a uniform.
(b) because a badge was found near Jarvis' shed.
(c) because the handcuffs were police equipment.
(d) because he saw a police car at Jarvis' shack.
10. With whom does Hunt have a contentious encounter in Chapter 37?
11. Cross tells Hunt that ________________ was with Gerald when Alyssa was forced into the mining tunnel.
12. Where do Jack and Johnny take Levi to be safe while Johnny goes for help?
(a) An abandoned house.
(b) An old barn.
(c) A cellar.
(d) Jarvis' shed.
13. How does Meechum destroy his computer?
(a) Pours acid on it.
(b) Beats it with a ball bat.
(c) Plunges it into a tub of water.
(d) Smashes it with an ax.
14. Johnny is placed in foster care for how long?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
15. Who is Meechum?
(a) Steve's uncle.
(b) Steve's boss.
(c) Steve's best friend.
(d) Steve's landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
2. Who told Jack where Alyssa is?
3. Who emerges from the woods to say he knows where Alyssa is?
4. What does the person in #169 tell Cross as he points the pistol at him?
5. Jack tells Hunt that Alyssa is in a/an _____________________________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)