|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jack and Johnny take Levi to be safe while Johnny goes for help?
(a) An old barn.
(b) A cellar.
(c) Jarvis' shed.
(d) An abandoned house.
2. Why does Hunt call firefighters to the abandoned mine?
(a) They have great rescue equipment.
(b) There is the possibility of an explosion.
(c) They are trained in this type of rescue situation.
(d) They can ascend and descend ropes at great lengths.
3. What does Officer Taylor see on the sofa in Holloway's house?
(b) Two dogs.
(c) Blood stains.
(d) Lines of cocaine.
4. How did Gerald scare Alyssa?
(a) He tapped on her bedroom window every night.
(b) He followed her home from school.
(c) He called and just breathed into the phone.
(d) The noise and bright lights of his new truck.
5. What does Moore say killed Levi?
(a) A massive coronary.
(b) The trauma of the stick in his side.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) A brain aneuryism.
6. Why does Officer Cross forbid Jack and Gerald to speak of Alyssa's death?
(a) Officer Cross would lose his job.
(b) Officer Cross would be put on unpaid leave.
(c) The kids at school would be rough on Jack.
(d) It would ruin Gerald's baseball career.
7. What does Hunt think that Cross put in David Wilson's wrecked car?
(a) Alyssa's sweater.
(b) Open containers of beer.
(c) Pornography CDs.
(d) One of Yoakum's shell casings.
8. Who told Jack where Alyssa is?
9. What does the person in #169 tell Cross as he points the pistol at him?
(a) It's your fault.
(b) Her murder is on your head.
(c) You're going to burn in hell.
(d) I hate you.
10. What is found in Spencer Merrimon's pocket?
(a) A locket.
(b) A map.
(c) A drawing made by Alyssa.
(d) A receipt.
11. What did Holloway smash in his house when he was mad at the girl?
(a) His bookcase.
(b) His coffee table.
(c) His piano.
(d) His television.
12. Who does Hunt believe ran David Wilson over the bridge?
13. What had fallen into the shaft prior to the body?
(a) The wagon.
(b) The bicycle.
(c) The dog.
(d) The soccer ball.
14. Who is Meechum?
(a) Steve's best friend.
(b) Steve's landlord.
(c) Steve's boss.
(d) Steve's uncle.
15. What does Jack notice in a piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
(a) A name tag.
(b) A star.
(c) A ribbon.
(d) A button hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hunt arrest Cross?
2. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
3. What does Levi pour over his wounds?
4. Whose bike is found in the mine?
5. What is the name on the piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)