|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Johnny thought the man in #174 was a cop because ________________________.
(a) he wore some type of badge.
(b) he had a blue uniform.
(c) he had a walkie-talkie.
(d) he carried a gun and handcuffs.
2. Who is Jack's brother?
3. To what do the firefighters hook their ropes?
(a) A fire truck.
(b) A crane.
(c) The back of the police car.
(d) A tree.
4. Which of the following is NOT someone the police chief thinks were involved in the murders?
5. What does Johnny tell Jack about Levi in Chapter 44?
(a) He has taken the keys.
(b) He has run away during the night.
(c) He has dug two graves during the night.
(d) He thinks he is dying.
6. Steve gives Yoakum and Hunt directions to _____________________.
(a) Ken's condo.
(b) the Hush Arbor.
(c) Jarvis' storage locker.
(d) Meechum's house.
7. Which of the following is NOT something Yoakum warns Hunt about regarding Hunt's involvement with Katherine and Johnny?
(a) It could undermine Hunt's credibility.
(b) Katherine will expect him to marry her.
(c) It could be explosive in the media.
(d) Hunt could be fired.
8. Who is Trenton Moore?
(a) A geologist.
(b) An architect.
(c) A professor.
(d) The coroner.
9. What did Holloway smash in his house when he was mad at the girl?
(a) His bookcase.
(b) His television.
(c) His coffee table.
(d) His piano.
10. What is notable about Steve and two other security guards when Yoakum and Hunt push their way into the mall security office?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They do not have guns.
(c) They have new uniforms.
(d) They are all the same height.
11. What does Hunt think that Cross put in David Wilson's wrecked car?
(a) Open containers of beer.
(b) Pornography CDs.
(c) Alyssa's sweater.
(d) One of Yoakum's shell casings.
12. Why can Katherine and Johnny not go back home right away?
(a) There is no water.
(b) Someone has broken the windows.
(c) The power is off.
(d) The house is a crime scene.
13. How does Meechum destroy his computer?
(a) Plunges it into a tub of water.
(b) Beats it with a ball bat.
(c) Smashes it with an ax.
(d) Pours acid on it.
14. What is Levi's answer when Johnny asks him where Alyssa is?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) In Jarvis' cellar.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At Hush Arbors.
15. How did Levi learn about the death of his daughter?
(a) On the Internet.
(b) In a phone call.
(c) In a news clipping.
(d) On the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hunt recalls that ________________ was apparently the only witness to Alyssa's abduction.
2. Cross tells Hunt that ________________ was with Gerald when Alyssa was forced into the mining tunnel.
3. What does Johnny help Levi to do?
4. What does the person in #169 tell Cross as he points the pistol at him?
5. Whose bike is found in the mine?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)