|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Levi tells Johnny that his wife once shot him because ______________________.
(a) he wouldn't get a job.
(b) he broke her bottle of perfume.
(c) he flirted with another woman.
(d) she thought he was stupid.
2. Hunt gets a call from Officer Cross telling him the police team has unearthed the body of whom?
(a) Sonia Burton.
(b) Spencer Merrimon.
(c) Judith Grace.
(d) Janet Holmes.
3. What had Johnny kept under his bed to use as a weapon?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A lead pipe.
(c) A fireplace poker.
(d) A board.
4. Hunt shows an autopsy photo of _________________ to Johnny to confirm that he is the man Johnny saw with Jarvis.
5. To what do the firefighters hook their ropes?
(a) A tree.
(b) A crane.
(c) A fire truck.
(d) The back of the police car.
6. Who helps Katherine find a new place to live?
7. A shell with __________________ fingerprints was found inside the wreckage of David Wilson's car.
8. Who told Jack where Alyssa is?
9. Why does Officer Cross forbid Jack and Gerald to speak of Alyssa's death?
(a) It would ruin Gerald's baseball career.
(b) Officer Cross would lose his job.
(c) Officer Cross would be put on unpaid leave.
(d) The kids at school would be rough on Jack.
10. Why does Hunt call firefighters to the abandoned mine?
(a) They have great rescue equipment.
(b) There is the possibility of an explosion.
(c) They are trained in this type of rescue situation.
(d) They can ascend and descend ropes at great lengths.
11. What does Johnny see in the front yard of his house when he arrives in Chapter 53?
(a) Detective Hunt's car.
(b) A police cruiser.
(c) A crew of reporters.
(d) Ken's smashed SUV.
12. Whose bike is found in the mine?
13. Who emerges from the woods to say he knows where Alyssa is?
14. Whose addresses are found in Spencer Merrimon's pocket?
(a) Nine registered sex offenders.
(b) His ex-girlfriends.
(c) His brothers and sisters.
(d) His co-workers.
15. What does Moore say killed Levi?
(a) A brain aneuryism.
(b) The trauma of the stick in his side.
(c) A stab wound.
(d) A massive coronary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #169 tell Cross as he points the pistol at him?
2. Jack tells Hunt that Alyssa is in a/an _____________________________.
3. How did Levi learn about the death of his daughter?
4. Where does Hunt stop on the way home in Chapter 39?
5. Which of the following does Hunt NOT tell Katherine when he leaves her and Johnny at the motel?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)