|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Katherine's situation when Johnny returns home?
(a) Her hands are tied behind her back with wire.
(b) She is tied to a chair with ropes.
(c) Her body is suspended with ropes.
(d) She is tied to her bed with scarves.
2. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
3. The stolen license plates used on the cars Johnny saw at Jarvis' place were taken from cars ____________________.
(a) at a restaurant.
(b) at the hospital.
(c) at the mall.
(d) at the high school.
4. Who helps Katherine find a new place to live?
5. The body found in the mine is a female ___________________________.
(a) of Alyssa's approximate age.
(b) about two years old.
(c) about twenty five years old.
(d) about sixty years old.
6. What does Levi pour over his wounds?
(a) Veterinary medicine.
7. Whose body does Levi need to bury?
(a) His son's.
(b) His friend's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His daughter's.
8. How did Levi's finger get infected?
(a) From a hoe on the work crew.
(b) When a splinter from the old shovel entered the skin.
(c) When Johnny bit him.
(d) When he cut it on a rusty saw.
9. Which of the following does Hunt NOT tell Katherine when he leaves her and Johnny at the motel?
(a) I love you.
(b) Her car is released from impound.
(c) Her car is parked at the front of the motel.
(d) The car keys are at the motel desk.
10. At the mall, Yoakum and Hunt encounter an old woman carrying ____________________.
(a) an umbrella.
(b) a pistol.
(c) a dog.
(d) a can of tuna.
11. Where do Jack and Johnny take Levi to be safe while Johnny goes for help?
(a) Jarvis' shed.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) An old barn.
(d) A cellar.
12. The firefighters find an old bicycle and ________________________ in the mine.
(a) a dog's skeleton.
(b) some baseballs.
(c) an unidentifiable body.
(d) a wagon.
13. Jack says he loaned Alyssa his bicycle so she could ____________________________.
(a) ride to the mines for a school geology project.
(b) go to the county fair.
(c) ride with her friends to the next town.
(d) go on a Girl Scout outing.
14. Who is Trenton Moore?
(a) The coroner.
(b) An architect.
(c) A professor.
(d) A geologist.
15. What name did Holloway call the girl at his house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name on the piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
2. Hunt and Yoakum have to meet with state investigators from _______________ when they go to work the next day.
3. Where does Hunt stop on the way home in Chapter 39?
4. Why does Hunt arrest Cross?
5. What does the person in #169 tell Cross as he points the pistol at him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)