|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Jack and Johnny take Levi to be safe while Johnny goes for help?
(a) An old barn.
(b) An abandoned house.
(c) Jarvis' shed.
(d) A cellar.
2. The old woman tells Hunt and Yoakum that ____________________________.
(a) she can't remember where she parked her car.
(b) she eats tuna for lunch every day.
(c) the cat she used to feed hasn't been around for awhile.
(d) someone has stolen her can opener.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Yoakum warns Hunt about regarding Hunt's involvement with Katherine and Johnny?
(a) It could undermine Hunt's credibility.
(b) It could be explosive in the media.
(c) Hunt could be fired.
(d) Katherine will expect him to marry her.
4. Hunt recalls that ________________ was apparently the only witness to Alyssa's abduction.
5. Why does Officer Cross forbid Jack and Gerald to speak of Alyssa's death?
(a) Officer Cross would be put on unpaid leave.
(b) It would ruin Gerald's baseball career.
(c) The kids at school would be rough on Jack.
(d) Officer Cross would lose his job.
6. What is the name on the piece of cloth Levi used for a bandage?
(a) Tiffany Shore.
(b) Katherine Merrimon.
(c) Alyssa Merrimon.
(d) Johnny Merrimon.
7. How does Meechum destroy his computer?
(a) Beats it with a ball bat.
(b) Plunges it into a tub of water.
(c) Pours acid on it.
(d) Smashes it with an ax.
8. Where is Yoakum taken for investigation?
9. Officer Taylor finds a nineteen-year-old woman dressed in a ________________ costume in Holloway's house.
(b) police officer's.
10. Johnny is placed in foster care for how long?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) One week.
(d) Two years.
11. What does Hunt think that Cross put in David Wilson's wrecked car?
(a) One of Yoakum's shell casings.
(b) Pornography CDs.
(c) Alyssa's sweater.
(d) Open containers of beer.
12. What is notable about Steve and two other security guards when Yoakum and Hunt push their way into the mall security office?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They do not have guns.
(c) They are all the same height.
(d) They have new uniforms.
13. Where does Hunt stop on the way home in Chapter 39?
(a) Steve's house.
(b) Yoakum's house.
(c) Katherine's house.
(d) Ken's condo.
14. Why does Hunt arrest Cross?
(a) For the murder of Alyssa Merrimon.
(b) For the murder of David Wilson.
(c) For the murder of Spencer Merrimon.
(d) For the kidnapping of Alyssa Merrimon.
15. Whose bike is found in the mine?
Short Answer Questions
1. The stolen license plates used on the cars Johnny saw at Jarvis' place were taken from cars ____________________.
2. What does Johnny see in the front yard of his house when he arrives in Chapter 53?
3. Steve gives Yoakum and Hunt directions to _____________________.
4. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
5. Why do Hunt and Yoakum head to the mall?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)