|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had fallen into the shaft prior to the body?
(a) The wagon.
(b) The dog.
(c) The soccer ball.
(d) The bicycle.
2. In Chapter 45, the police chief tells Hunt that ___________________ is a prime suspect in the murders.
3. Where is Yoakum taken for investigation?
4. Who is Trenton Moore?
(a) A geologist.
(b) An architect.
(c) A professor.
(d) The coroner.
5. What does Johnny tell Jack about Levi in Chapter 44?
(a) He has dug two graves during the night.
(b) He has run away during the night.
(c) He has taken the keys.
(d) He thinks he is dying.
6. What is notable about Steve and two other security guards when Yoakum and Hunt push their way into the mall security office?
(a) They are all bald.
(b) They do not have guns.
(c) They are all the same height.
(d) They have new uniforms.
7. What does Officer Taylor hear when she arrives at Ken Holloway's house?
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) A loud stereo.
(d) A woman crying.
8. Levi tells Johnny that his wife once shot him because ______________________.
(a) he wouldn't get a job.
(b) he flirted with another woman.
(c) he broke her bottle of perfume.
(d) she thought he was stupid.
9. What name did Holloway call the girl at his house?
10. What do Hunt and Yoakum NOT see at the Cross house when they go to arrest Cross?
(a) Cross is outside yelling.
(b) Gerald's truck is smashed against the house.
(c) Mrs. Cross is praying on her knees in the yard.
(d) Cross is at the curb waiting for them.
11. Who appears and points a pistol at Cross?
12. What is shown lodged in Levi's intestines on an autopsy x-ray?
(a) A key.
(b) A toy car.
(c) A stick.
(d) A locket.
13. Jack says he loaned Alyssa his bicycle so she could ____________________________.
(a) go to the county fair.
(b) go on a Girl Scout outing.
(c) ride with her friends to the next town.
(d) ride to the mines for a school geology project.
14. What does Johnny help Levi to do?
(a) Dig a grave.
(b) Eat some food.
(c) Walk to the truck.
(d) Remove his handcuffs.
15. Which of the following is NOT someone the police chief thinks were involved in the murders?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Levi walk off his work detail?
2. Johnny thought the man in #174 was a cop because ________________________.
3. Johnny is placed in foster care for how long?
4. Whose addresses are found in Spencer Merrimon's pocket?
5. Hunt shows an autopsy photo of _________________ to Johnny to confirm that he is the man Johnny saw with Jarvis.
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)