|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the man in #24 weigh?
(a) 210 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 175 pounds.
(d) 300 pounds.
2. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
(a) Who will take Katherine to her bedroom.
(b) Johnny's absences from school.
(c) Johnny's bedtime.
(d) Why Johnny can't take the car tonight.
3. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A steering wheel.
(b) A knife.
(c) A cane.
(d) A tree branch.
4. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
(a) A bag of trash.
(b) The body of a man.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A bicycle.
5. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
(a) If he had any identification on him.
(b) If he had a family.
(c) If his cycle was ever found.
(d) If he was alive when Levi reached him.
6. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a rope.
(c) the handcuffs.
(d) a badge.
7. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
(a) Cindy Kerrigan.
(b) Angela Morton.
(c) Tiffany Shore.
(d) Julie Nevins.
8. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
(a) Loading a gun.
(b) Eating his supper.
(c) Trying to dig a grave.
9. What does Johnny find in the glove box of Uncle Steve's car?
(a) A pistol.
(c) A carton of cigarettes.
(d) A flashlight.
10. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To fix the plumbing.
(b) To jump Katherine's car battery.
(c) To check on Johnny's mother.
(d) To take Johnny to school.
11. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
12. What does Johnny decide to investigate at Jarvis' house?
(a) A cellar.
(b) A locked shed.
(c) His basement.
(d) The attic.
13. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
(a) That she change her dress before going out.
(b) That she accompany him to dinner.
(c) That she cook dinner for him.
(d) That she stay at her house with him.
14. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
(a) Bill Hazzard.
(b) Ron Hubbard.
(c) Phil Bowman.
(d) John Yoakum.
15. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
(a) Larry Morgan.
(b) Levi Freemantle.
(c) Lewis Cline.
(d) Lou Andreas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is inside the box left on Katherine's doorstep for Johnny?
2. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
3. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
4. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
5. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)