|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
(a) Alyssa's jacket.
(b) His clothes.
(c) A photo of his father.
(d) A Bible.
2. Whose dead bodies are found in a bedroom of Levi's house?
(a) Levi's wife and a black man.
(b) Alyssa and Tiffany.
(c) Tiffany and Johnny.
(d) Alyssa and a black boy.
3. What is Johnny's obsession since his sister's disappearance?
(a) Stalking Louisa Sparrow.
(b) Cutting himself.
(c) Searching for leads about her.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
4. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She is bent over an old photo of his father.
(c) She is mixing a drink.
(d) She is watching television.
5. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) A window shattering.
(d) Two screams.
6. What does Johnny stop to pick up as he drives his mother's car to Ken Holloway's house?
(a) A burger and fries.
(b) A huge rock.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A hitchhiker.
7. What is found in David Wilson's garage?
(a) Woodworking tools.
(c) Christmas decorations.
(d) Climbing gear.
8. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
9. Who is Johnny's father?
10. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
(a) Levi was a suspect in a murder case ten years ago.
(b) There is no way Levi could have killed anyone.
(c) When it comes to bad tempers, Levi's is murderous.
(d) It is highly possible that Levi could commit murder.
11. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A factory.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) A jewelry store.
12. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
(a) Eating a sandwich.
(b) Listening to his iPod.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Checking a county map.
13. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
(a) Security guard.
(b) Construction worker.
14. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
15. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
2. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
3. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
4. What does Johnny find in the glove box of Uncle Steve's car?
5. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)