|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(a) A movie.
(b) The video arcade.
(d) Out to look for the child killer.
2. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
(a) Because he wants to give him money to run away.
(b) Because he knows he is innocent.
(c) Because he wants to drive him to Georgia.
(d) Because he knows where Alyssa is.
3. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
(a) He was David Wilson's friend.
(b) He found his wife with another man.
(c) His mother has died.
(d) His son is missing.
4. How old is Johnny?
5. What does Johnny decide to investigate at Jarvis' house?
(a) His basement.
(b) A locked shed.
(c) The attic.
(d) A cellar.
6. Whose dead bodies are found in a bedroom of Levi's house?
(a) Alyssa and a black boy.
(b) Alyssa and Tiffany.
(c) Tiffany and Johnny.
(d) Levi's wife and a black man.
7. What kind of car does Ken Holloway drive?
(a) Green Chevy.
(b) Red VW.
(c) White Cadillac.
(d) Black BMW.
8. What is Johnny's obsession since his sister's disappearance?
(a) Cutting himself.
(b) Smoking cigarettes.
(c) Stalking Louisa Sparrow.
(d) Searching for leads about her.
9. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
10. In what state does the story take place?
(c) North Carolina.
11. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
(a) A bag of trash.
(b) The body of a man.
(c) A wagon.
(d) A bicycle.
12. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
13. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Cash and a piece of fabric.
(b) Credit cards and cash.
(c) Cash and a gun.
(d) Map and credit cards.
14. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A knife.
(b) A cane.
(c) A steering wheel.
(d) A tree branch.
15. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
(a) Looking for Johnny.
(b) He left his car there.
(c) To calm Katherine down.
(d) To bring Vicodin for Katherine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
2. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
3. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
4. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
5. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)