|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
(a) His mother has died.
(b) His son is missing.
(c) He found his wife with another man.
(d) He was David Wilson's friend.
2. Katherine tells Hunt that she and Johnny believe that _____________________________.
(a) Hunt is not working hard enough on the case.
(b) Alyssa will come home one day.
(c) Tiffany knows what happened to Alyssa.
(d) a cop worked with Jarvis in his pedophile activities.
3. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
(a) His clothes.
(b) A photo of his father.
(c) Alyssa's jacket.
(d) A Bible.
4. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) Two screams.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) A window shattering.
(d) A gunshot.
5. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
(a) A red Jeep.
(b) A black pickup truck.
(c) A white van.
(d) A blue sedan.
6. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
(a) Alex Puthoff.
(b) Mark Sutton.
(c) David Hall.
(d) David Wilson.
7. Who takes Tiffany to the hospital?
(a) An ambulance.
(b) Detective Hunt.
8. What does Johnny decide to investigate at Jarvis' house?
(a) His basement.
(b) A locked shed.
(c) A cellar.
(d) The attic.
9. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He lands in the river.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He loses his shoes.
(d) He falls onto a boulder.
10. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Credit cards and cash.
(b) Cash and a gun.
(c) Cash and a piece of fabric.
(d) Map and credit cards.
11. What was used as a murder weapon to kill the people in #59?
(a) A cinder block.
(b) A fireplace poker.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A pistol.
12. In what state does the story take place?
(c) North Carolina.
13. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
(a) Sits down to await God's instructions.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Calls the police.
14. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To check on Johnny's mother.
(b) To take Johnny to school.
(c) To jump Katherine's car battery.
(d) To fix the plumbing.
15. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
2. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
3. What does the injured man on the riverbank say before he dies?
4. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
5. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)