|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
(a) a knife wound.
(b) a crushed windpipe.
(c) a gunshot wound.
(d) a heart attack.
2. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
3. Whose dead bodies are found in a bedroom of Levi's house?
(a) Tiffany and Johnny.
(b) Levi's wife and a black man.
(c) Alyssa and Tiffany.
(d) Alyssa and a black boy.
4. What is inside the box left on Katherine's doorstep for Johnny?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) A skunk.
(c) Dog feces.
(d) An injured cat.
5. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
(a) Puts eagle feathers on his head.
(b) Cut his arms.
(c) Smears ashes on himself.
(d) Crush berries on his skin.
6. Why does Hunt give Katherine and Johnny a ride home from the crime scene?
(a) It is really cold.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) She is intoxicated.
(d) She is distraught.
7. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
(a) She is watching television.
(b) She is mixing a drink.
(c) She is bent over an old photo of his father.
(d) She is sleeping.
8. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
(a) he is double jointed.
(b) he has no long-term memory.
(c) he does not believe in God.
(d) he is likely to commit his crime again.
9. Who is Johnny's only friend?
10. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
(a) She flushes them in the commode.
(b) She throws them in the trash.
(c) She puts them down the garbage disposal.
(d) She melts them in water.
11. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) Katherine's front door.
(b) David Wilson's car.
(c) David Wilson's bike.
(d) David Wilson's eyelids.
12. What is Johnny's obsession since his sister's disappearance?
(a) Stalking Louisa Sparrow.
(b) Cutting himself.
(c) Searching for leads about her.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
13. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a rope.
(c) a badge.
(d) the handcuffs.
14. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A knife.
(b) A steering wheel.
(c) A cane.
(d) A tree branch.
15. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
(a) If he had a family.
(b) If his cycle was ever found.
(c) If he had any identification on him.
(d) If he was alive when Levi reached him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Johnny asleep in the car close to Jarvis' house?
2. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
3. Who is Detective Hunt's estranged son?
4. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
5. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)