|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
(a) Eating his supper.
(b) Trying to dig a grave.
(d) Loading a gun.
2. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To arrest Ken.
(b) To ask more questions.
(c) To go on stakeout.
(d) To bring Johnny home.
3. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
(a) He works on engines.
(b) He distrusts adults.
(c) He skips school.
(d) He double-checks locks on doors.
4. With whom does Johnny's mother have an affair?
(a) No one.
(b) Ken Holloway.
(c) Jim Allen.
(d) Ed Metzger.
5. In Chapter 3, Detective Hunt has had nightmares about _______________________.
(a) the Alyssa Merrimon case.
(b) flying into a mountain.
(c) falling into a well.
(d) his son running away.
6. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Alyssa's jacket.
(c) A photo of his father.
(d) His clothes.
7. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
(b) The television.
(c) The computer screen.
(d) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
8. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
(a) A black pickup truck.
(b) A white van.
(c) A blue sedan.
(d) A red Jeep.
9. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Take-out menus.
(b) Newspaper headlines.
(c) Playboy pictures.
(d) Children's drawings.
10. What is Johnny's last name?
11. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
(a) That she stay at her house with him.
(b) That she change her dress before going out.
(c) That she accompany him to dinner.
(d) That she cook dinner for him.
12. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
13. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
(a) Riding his bike.
(b) Listening to his iPod.
(c) Eating a sandwich.
(d) Checking a county map.
14. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) A gunshot.
(b) A window shattering.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Two screams.
15. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
(a) a gunshot wound.
(b) a crushed windpipe.
(c) a knife wound.
(d) a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Katherine tells Hunt that she and Johnny believe that _____________________________.
2. Who is Johnny's only friend?
3. In what state does the story take place?
4. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
5. Why does Hunt give Katherine and Johnny a ride home from the crime scene?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)