|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A cane.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A steering wheel.
(d) A knife.
2. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
(a) His son is missing.
(b) He was David Wilson's friend.
(c) He found his wife with another man.
(d) His mother has died.
3. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
(a) If he was alive when Levi reached him.
(b) If his cycle was ever found.
(c) If he had a family.
(d) If he had any identification on him.
4. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
(a) Because he wants to give him money to run away.
(b) Because he knows where Alyssa is.
(c) Because he wants to drive him to Georgia.
(d) Because he knows he is innocent.
5. What does Johnny do in the woods?
(a) Shoots his gun.
(b) Waits for the killer.
(c) Sleeps in a tent.
(d) Builds a bonfire.
6. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) David Wilson's bike.
(b) David Wilson's eyelids.
(c) David Wilson's car.
(d) Katherine's front door.
7. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Children's drawings.
(b) Newspaper headlines.
(c) Take-out menus.
(d) Playboy pictures.
8. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Neale.
(b) Detective Ellis.
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Detective Milford.
9. Ken Holloway receives a phone call telling him that _______________________.
(a) his car has been vandalized.
(b) a window in his house has been broken.
(c) the alarm at his house is going off.
(d) his sister has been in a car accident.
10. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
(a) She melts them in water.
(b) She flushes them in the commode.
(c) She puts them down the garbage disposal.
(d) She throws them in the trash.
11. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(b) The video arcade.
(c) A movie.
(d) Out to look for the child killer.
12. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
(a) a crushed windpipe.
(b) a heart attack.
(c) a knife wound.
(d) a gunshot wound.
13. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
14. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To take Johnny to school.
(b) To jump Katherine's car battery.
(c) To check on Johnny's mother.
(d) To fix the plumbing.
15. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
(c) hair color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
2. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
3. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
4. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
5. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)