|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnny's obsession since his sister's disappearance?
(a) Stalking Louisa Sparrow.
(b) Searching for leads about her.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
(d) Cutting himself.
2. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
(b) Construction worker.
(d) Security guard.
3. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He loses his shoes.
(c) He lands in the river.
(d) He falls onto a boulder.
4. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
(a) Levi Freemantle.
(b) Lou Andreas.
(c) Larry Morgan.
(d) Lewis Cline.
5. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
(a) A factory.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A jewelry store.
(d) A shopping mall.
6. In what state does the story take place?
(a) North Carolina.
7. How old is Johnny?
8. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
(a) Checking a county map.
(b) Listening to his iPod.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
9. Johnny and Jack head to an abandoned tobacco farm near whose house?
10. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
11. What does the injured man on the riverbank say before he dies?
(a) The girl that was taken.
(b) It wasn't my fault.
(c) Get help please.
(d) Tell my wife I love her.
12. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
(a) Big and bald.
(b) Long hair hippie.
(c) White guy, black shirt.
(d) Black guy, black shirt.
13. Why does Hunt give Katherine and Johnny a ride home from the crime scene?
(a) She is intoxicated.
(b) She is distraught.
(c) Her car broke down.
(d) It is really cold.
14. What is inside the box left on Katherine's doorstep for Johnny?
(a) A dead rat.
(b) An injured cat.
(c) A skunk.
(d) Dog feces.
15. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(a) A movie.
(b) The video arcade.
(d) Out to look for the child killer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Holloway rents a house to Katherine for _____________ per month.
2. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
3. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
4. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
5. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)