|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
(a) Ron Hubbard.
(b) Phil Bowman.
(c) Bill Hazzard.
(d) John Yoakum.
2. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
(a) Eating his supper.
(b) Loading a gun.
(c) Trying to dig a grave.
3. Where does Johnny want Jack to go with him in Chapter 10?
(a) The video arcade.
(c) Out to look for the child killer.
(d) A movie.
4. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
(b) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
(c) The computer screen.
(d) The television.
5. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Hunt.
(b) Detective Neale.
(c) Detective Milford.
(d) Detective Ellis.
6. What was used as a murder weapon to kill the people in #59?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A fireplace poker.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A cinder block.
7. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) A window shattering.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Two screams.
8. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
(a) Big and bald.
(b) White guy, black shirt.
(c) Black guy, black shirt.
(d) Long hair hippie.
9. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
10. What does the injured man on the riverbank say before he dies?
(a) The girl that was taken.
(b) Get help please.
(c) Tell my wife I love her.
(d) It wasn't my fault.
11. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) David Wilson's car.
(b) David Wilson's eyelids.
(c) David Wilson's bike.
(d) Katherine's front door.
12. What is Johnny's mother doing when he approaches the house and looks in the window?
(a) She is mixing a drink.
(b) She is bent over an old photo of his father.
(c) She is sleeping.
(d) She is watching television.
13. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
(a) He was David Wilson's friend.
(b) His son is missing.
(c) He found his wife with another man.
(d) His mother has died.
14. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
(b) Uncle Steve.
(c) Detective Hunt.
15. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Sits down to await God's instructions.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
2. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
3. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
4. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
5. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)