|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny catch "Uncle" Steve staring at in Johnny's house?
(a) The computer screen.
(b) Wallet with money on the kitchen table.
(c) The television.
(d) Katherine's naked, sleeping body.
2. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) Two screams.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) A window shattering.
(d) A gunshot.
3. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
4. Holloway tells Hunt that Johnny has broken a window in his house _______________ times.
5. Detective Hunt says that ___________________ found on Tiffany indicate a police connection.
(a) a jacket.
(b) a rope.
(c) the handcuffs.
(d) a badge.
6. How old is Johnny?
7. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Credit cards and cash.
(b) Cash and a piece of fabric.
(c) Map and credit cards.
(d) Cash and a gun.
8. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Uncle Steve.
9. Who is the "giant green monster" who grabs Johnny as he is running?
(a) Lewis Cline.
(b) Lou Andreas.
(c) Larry Morgan.
(d) Levi Freemantle.
10. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Newspaper headlines.
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Playboy pictures.
(d) Children's drawings.
11. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He falls onto a boulder.
(b) He lands in the river.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He loses his shoes.
12. Why does Holloway return to the Merrimon house in Chapter 13?
(a) Looking for Johnny.
(b) He left his car there.
(c) To bring Vicodin for Katherine.
(d) To calm Katherine down.
13. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
(a) Because he knows where Alyssa is.
(b) Because he knows he is innocent.
(c) Because he wants to drive him to Georgia.
(d) Because he wants to give him money to run away.
14. Who is the female officer who is assigned to watch over Katherine?
(a) Laura Taylor.
(b) Lindsay Morton.
(c) Janice Spillman.
(d) Marie Harris.
15. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
(b) hair color.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
2. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
3. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
4. How much does the man in #24 weigh?
5. What is Kathryn Merrimon doing when Detective Hunt drives by the house in Chapter 10?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)