|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A bottle of Oxycontin.
(c) A love note.
(d) A vase of roses.
2. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Playboy pictures.
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Children's drawings.
(d) Newspaper headlines.
3. How old is Johnny?
4. What does the man in #24 do when he sees the body of the dead man on the riverbank?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Sits down to await God's instructions.
(c) Screams for help.
(d) Calls the police.
5. Hunt tells Levi's probation officer that there are _______________ murder victims connected to Levi.
6. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A steering wheel.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A knife.
(d) A cane.
7. In what state does the story take place?
(d) North Carolina.
8. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Cash and a gun.
(b) Map and credit cards.
(c) Credit cards and cash.
(d) Cash and a piece of fabric.
9. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
(a) She melts them in water.
(b) She flushes them in the commode.
(c) She puts them down the garbage disposal.
(d) She throws them in the trash.
10. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
11. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To fix the plumbing.
(b) To take Johnny to school.
(c) To check on Johnny's mother.
(d) To jump Katherine's car battery.
12. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
(c) Security guard.
(d) Construction worker.
13. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Milford.
(b) Detective Neale.
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Detective Ellis.
14. What does Johnny do in the woods?
(a) Shoots his gun.
(b) Sleeps in a tent.
(c) Waits for the killer.
(d) Builds a bonfire.
15. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
(a) Listening to his iPod.
(b) Checking a county map.
(c) Riding his bike.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
2. Why does Hunt arrest Holloway?
3. Why are police dogs brought into Levi's house?
4. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
5. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)