|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A steering wheel.
(b) A cane.
(c) A knife.
(d) A tree branch.
2. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To take Johnny to school.
(b) To fix the plumbing.
(c) To check on Johnny's mother.
(d) To jump Katherine's car battery.
3. What does Levi's probation officer tell Hunt about Levi?
(a) There is no way Levi could have killed anyone.
(b) It is highly possible that Levi could commit murder.
(c) Levi was a suspect in a murder case ten years ago.
(d) When it comes to bad tempers, Levi's is murderous.
4. Johnny finds a collection of _______________ bottles in the bathroom.
(a) hair color.
5. In Chapter 3, Detective Hunt has had nightmares about _______________________.
(a) falling into a well.
(b) the Alyssa Merrimon case.
(c) his son running away.
(d) flying into a mountain.
6. Why does Hunt give Katherine and Johnny a ride home from the crime scene?
(a) Her car broke down.
(b) She is intoxicated.
(c) It is really cold.
(d) She is distraught.
7. What does Levi take from the dead man's body?
(a) Cash and a gun.
(b) Map and credit cards.
(c) Credit cards and cash.
(d) Cash and a piece of fabric.
8. Who is Detective Hunt's partner?
(a) Ron Hubbard.
(b) Phil Bowman.
(c) Bill Hazzard.
(d) John Yoakum.
9. What does Johnny stop to pick up as he drives his mother's car to Ken Holloway's house?
(a) A huge rock.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A hitchhiker.
(d) A burger and fries.
10. Who shoots Jarvis as he attacks Johnny?
11. What is the name of Johnny's twin sister?
12. Johnny learns that another girl, _____________________, has been abducted.
(a) Angela Morton.
(b) Cindy Kerrigan.
(c) Tiffany Shore.
(d) Julie Nevins.
13. With whom does Johnny's mother have an affair?
(a) No one.
(b) Jim Allen.
(c) Ed Metzger.
(d) Ken Holloway.
14. Why is Johnny insistent about finding Levi?
(a) Because he knows where Alyssa is.
(b) Because he knows he is innocent.
(c) Because he wants to give him money to run away.
(d) Because he wants to drive him to Georgia.
15. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
(a) To go on stakeout.
(b) To arrest Ken.
(c) To ask more questions.
(d) To bring Johnny home.
Short Answer Questions
1. The medical examiner determines that David Wilson did not die from injuries sustained in a fall, but from _______________________.
2. Why is Levi crying as he stumbles through the woods?
3. How long has Alyssa been missing?
4. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
5. Where does Uncle Steve work as a security guard?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)