|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wakes Levi in Chapter 21?
(a) Barking dogs.
(b) A scream.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A car's backfire.
2. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) David Wilson's car.
(b) David Wilson's bike.
(c) David Wilson's eyelids.
(d) Katherine's front door.
3. What is "Uncle" Steve's job?
(c) Construction worker.
(d) Security guard.
4. What does Ken demand of Katherine in Chapter 23?
(a) That she stay at her house with him.
(b) That she accompany him to dinner.
(c) That she cook dinner for him.
(d) That she change her dress before going out.
5. What is lodged in Levi's abdomen?
(a) A knife.
(b) A tree branch.
(c) A cane.
(d) A steering wheel.
6. Hunt tells Levi's probation officer that there are _______________ murder victims connected to Levi.
7. What kind of car does Ken Holloway drive?
(a) White Cadillac.
(b) Black BMW.
(c) Red VW.
(d) Green Chevy.
8. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
(a) She melts them in water.
(b) She throws them in the trash.
(c) She flushes them in the commode.
(d) She puts them down the garbage disposal.
9. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
10. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
11. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
12. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
(a) Trying to dig a grave.
(b) Eating his supper.
(d) Loading a gun.
13. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To take Johnny to school.
(b) To fix the plumbing.
(c) To check on Johnny's mother.
(d) To jump Katherine's car battery.
14. In what state does the story take place?
(d) North Carolina.
15. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
(a) Children's drawings.
(b) Take-out menus.
(c) Newspaper headlines.
(d) Playboy pictures.
Short Answer Questions
1. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
2. With whom does Johnny's mother have an affair?
3. What does Johnny ask about David Wilson from his hospital bed?
4. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
5. What is Johnny doing when Detective Hunt finds him near Louisa Sparrow's residence?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)