|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lands on the riverbank near where Johnny has been taking a nap?
(a) The body of a man.
(b) A bag of trash.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A wagon.
2. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
(a) A love note.
(b) A vase of roses.
(c) A bottle of Oxycontin.
(d) A box of chocolates.
3. Which of the following does Johnny NOT do as part of his Indian initiation rite?
(a) Puts eagle feathers on his head.
(b) Smears ashes on himself.
(c) Crush berries on his skin.
(d) Cut his arms.
4. Why does "Uncle" Steve come to Johnny's house in Chapter 2?
(a) To jump Katherine's car battery.
(b) To check on Johnny's mother.
(c) To fix the plumbing.
(d) To take Johnny to school.
5. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Milford.
(b) Detective Ellis.
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Detective Neale.
6. Who tries to break his way into Katherine's house?
(c) Detective Hunt.
7. What kind of car does Ken Holloway drive?
(a) Green Chevy.
(b) Red VW.
(c) White Cadillac.
(d) Black BMW.
8. How much does the man in #24 weigh?
(a) 300 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 210 pounds.
(d) 175 pounds.
9. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
(a) Why Johnny can't take the car tonight.
(b) Who will take Katherine to her bedroom.
(c) Johnny's bedtime.
(d) Johnny's absences from school.
10. What is Levi doing when Johnny and Jack find him?
(a) Trying to dig a grave.
(b) Loading a gun.
(d) Eating his supper.
11. Detective Hunt order an immediate, full-scale search of access roads and trailheads in the hopes of finding Wilson's ______________.
12. In Chapter 15, Hunt checks with Yoakum on the progress of prints from _______________________.
(a) David Wilson's car.
(b) David Wilson's bike.
(c) David Wilson's eyelids.
(d) Katherine's front door.
13. Which of the following does NOT describe Johnny?
(a) He double-checks locks on doors.
(b) He skips school.
(c) He distrusts adults.
(d) He works on engines.
14. In Chapter 16, Hunt learns that the fingerprint on David Wilson's eyelid is that of ____________________.
15. What does Hunt hear just as he is ready to pull away from the Merrimon house?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) A window shattering.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) Two screams.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Johnny stay after his release from the hospital?
2. Whose dead bodies are found in a bedroom of Levi's house?
3. Why does Detective Hunt return to Johnny's house in Chapter 9?
4. While watching store security cameras, who does Johnny see being harassed by a group of kids?
5. In what state does the story take place?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)