|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Burton Jarvis is a recidivist which means _________________________.
(a) he does not believe in God.
(b) he is double jointed.
(c) he is likely to commit his crime again.
(d) he has no long-term memory.
2. What does Johnny throw into his bonfire?
(a) A Bible.
(b) Alyssa's jacket.
(c) His clothes.
(d) A photo of his father.
3. What does Jack repeat about Alyssa's disappearance for Johnny?
(a) White guy, black shirt.
(b) Long hair hippie.
(c) Black guy, black shirt.
(d) Big and bald.
4. What type of vehicle was Alyssa pulled into on the day she disappeared?
(a) A white van.
(b) A red Jeep.
(c) A black pickup truck.
(d) A blue sedan.
5. How long has Alyssa been missing?
(a) Eighteen months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three years.
(d) A year.
6. Who finds Johnny asleep in the car close to Jarvis' house?
7. Who is the prime suspect in the killings of Levi's girlfriend and the black man?
8. The motorcycle crash victim, David Wilson, was a member of the ________________ department at the college.
9. What does Katherine do with the medications in her medicine chest?
(a) She puts them down the garbage disposal.
(b) She throws them in the trash.
(c) She melts them in water.
(d) She flushes them in the commode.
10. Who is the detective who is also a friend of Johnny's family?
(a) Detective Neale.
(b) Detective Milford.
(c) Detective Hunt.
(d) Detective Ellis.
11. How old is Johnny?
12. What happens when Levi slides down a muddy ravine?
(a) He breaks his leg.
(b) He loses his shoes.
(c) He lands in the river.
(d) He falls onto a boulder.
13. What do Johnny and Ken fight about at Johnny's house?
(a) Johnny's bedtime.
(b) Why Johnny can't take the car tonight.
(c) Who will take Katherine to her bedroom.
(d) Johnny's absences from school.
14. What is the name of the man who died on the riverbank?
(a) David Wilson.
(b) Alex Puthoff.
(c) Mark Sutton.
(d) David Hall.
15. What has Ken left for Katherine on the kitchen table in her house?
(a) A vase of roses.
(b) A love note.
(c) A bottle of Oxycontin.
(d) A box of chocolates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found hanging on a recently-vacated room in Levi's house?
2. Who is Johnny's only friend?
3. What does the injured man on the riverbank say before he dies?
4. What kind of car does Ken Holloway drive?
5. Why are police dogs brought into Levi's house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)