|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway questions if he might be ___________ when it comes to contracts.
2. The group faced what type of storm while riding through Louisiana?
3. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
4. What is another name for someone's religious beliefs?
5. Gilbert refers to Conway as being a type of a(n) ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
2. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
3. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
4. Discuss the story of Dave Reckford. What was Conway's advice to Reckford?
5. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
6. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
7. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
8. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
9. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
10. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a full biography on Eustace Conway. How would you describe his relationships with his parents, Judson, and his friends? Discuss Conway's academic career, love of nature, and business ventures. Learn about Conway today and how things may have changed.
Essay Topic 2
Conway openly admits to putting on an act of the wild mountain man to get attention. Do you think this behavior tarnishes Conway's reputation? Explain. Also explain how Conway tends to respond to those people. Write out a scenario in which Conway is confronted, negatively and/or positively regarding his unusual behavior.
Essay Topic 3
Write a 1000 word essay on Turtle Island Preserve. Include the site's history and information on Conway but focus mainly on the statistics of the site, the programs offered there, its success rate, etc. What are Conway's goals? Have those goals been changed, met or exceeded? Where do you think Turtle Preserve will be 5 -10 years from now? Explain.
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)