|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the places mentioned as one being traveled by Dave?
2. What was the name of the manufacturer that closed down in Reckford's home state?
3. What type of program did Conway start?
4. Which of the following was not served at the dinner?
5. It is important to ask which type of questions throughout your life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
2. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
3. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
4. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
5. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
6. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
7. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
8. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
9. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
10. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Turtle Island Preserve is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. The Great Smoky Mountains are nearby to the west. Compare and contrast the two mountain ranges. Select a mountain range close to you to add to the comparison. If there are no mountains nearby, compare the two mountain ranges with the Appalachian Mountains.
Essay Topic 2
Camp Sequoyah was an iconic part of the Johnson/Conway family history. Discuss Camp Sequoyah. What was the general public opinion of the camp? Who worked there? What type of person or group attended the camp? How long was the average stay? What was learned/taught at the camp? What were the Chief's rules? Did any of the Johnson or Conway family members ever work there? What was the relationship between Chief Johnson and his children and grandchildren? What was Little Eustace's opinion of his grandfather and the camp? What happened after the Chief died? Who was put in charge of the camp? Does the camp still exist?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay from the point of view of Karen Johnson Conway regarding the situation at Camp Sequoyah. How do you think Karen felt about the camp? What were the opinions of Big Eustace and Little Eustace? What were the issues surrounding the ownership and operation of the camp after the Chief died? Who was most interested in running it? What were Karen's opinions toward her brothers at this time? Why was the ownership/operation of the camp in question? How did Karen feel when it became obvious that she would never run the camp? What was the reason behind the decision? What did Karen believe was the real reason? Explain.
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)