|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
2. Reckford decided to follow his calling to become a _______________.
3. What religion was practiced by this mentor?
4. At this point Conway has how many horses?
5. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
2. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
3. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
4. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
5. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
6. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
7. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
8. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
9. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
10. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a 1000 word essay on Turtle Island Preserve. Include the site's history and information on Conway but focus mainly on the statistics of the site, the programs offered there, its success rate, etc. What are Conway's goals? Have those goals been changed, met or exceeded? Where do you think Turtle Preserve will be 5 -10 years from now? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Although the Conways were extremely upset, Camp Sequoyah was effectively abandoned after Chief Johnson died. Do you think the same thing will happen to Turtle Island? Who might take over after Conway dies? Do you think Conway would ever retire? If Conway was to hand over the preserve to another person, who would it be? Does Gilbert have any affiliation with Turtle Island or Conway? If no one person can or will take over Turtle Island, what might happen to it? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Conway spent time during college learning how to better cope with the weather in addition to sharpening his hunting skills. What do you think prompted Conway to do these things? Why would Conway need to sharpen these skills if he had already spent so much time in the outdoors? Do you think something had changed? What animals and terrain would Conway typically face on a routine basis? Are any of the animals unusual or exotic? What is the weather in that area of the state? Explain the seasons. How might the conditions be different if Conway had been in a low lying area? How has the area changed since the founding of Turtle Island Preserve?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)