|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows mindfulness as day follows night?
2. What adjective can be used to describe the pace of the work day at Turtle Island?
3. Conway shocked students when he claimed never to use which of the following?
4. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
5. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
Essay Topic 1
Turtle Island Preserve is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. The Great Smoky Mountains are nearby to the west. Compare and contrast the two mountain ranges. Select a mountain range close to you to add to the comparison. If there are no mountains nearby, compare the two mountain ranges with the Appalachian Mountains.
Essay Topic 2
Gilbert says that Conway has never been able to succeed at love or to realize his dream of having 13 children, mostly due to his way of life and attitudes. Compare and contrast Donna, Patience and Ashley. How did the women fit into Conway's life? What caused the end of the relationship? What were the women's opinions at the end?
Essay Topic 3
Write a biography on Elizabeth Gilbert. Include her childhood, work with nature, activism, relationship to Turtle Island, and her professional career.
This section contains 1,550 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)