|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of storm did the group have to face while riding?
2. Conway's philosophy is based on which of the following?
3. In what state did the storm occur?
4. How many mentors did Conway have when it came to the horses?
5. Gilbert says that many of Conway's dreams are now ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
2. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
3. Discuss the story of Dave Reckford. What was Conway's advice to Reckford?
4. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
5. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
6. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
7. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
8. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
9. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
10. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Learn about anthropology. Conway took anthropology as one of his majors in college. Discuss anthropology. What is the science, its purpose and goals? Why was Conway interested in it? What may have influenced his decision? How could a degree in anthropology influence Conway's life? How does it relate to activism? How does it relate to Turtle Island?
Essay Topic 2
Explain in detail what you think may have happened to Conway after "The Last American Man" was published. Check your thoughts against the actual details of Conway's exploits and where he stands today, both personally and professionally. Were your predictions close to the truth? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay from the point of view of Karen Johnson Conway regarding the situation at Camp Sequoyah. How do you think Karen felt about the camp? What were the opinions of Big Eustace and Little Eustace? What were the issues surrounding the ownership and operation of the camp after the Chief died? Who was most interested in running it? What were Karen's opinions toward her brothers at this time? Why was the ownership/operation of the camp in question? How did Karen feel when it became obvious that she would never run the camp? What was the reason behind the decision? What did Karen believe was the real reason? Explain.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)