|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway questions if he might be ___________ when it comes to contracts.
2. The group faced what type of storm while riding through Louisiana?
3. Where had Conway met the drug dealers?
4. Reckford decided to follow his calling to become a _______________.
5. It had only been ____ years since Conway bought his first horse.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
2. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
3. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
4. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
5. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
6. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
7. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
8. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
9. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
10. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Learn about anthropology. Conway took anthropology as one of his majors in college. Discuss anthropology. What is the science, its purpose and goals? Why was Conway interested in it? What may have influenced his decision? How could a degree in anthropology influence Conway's life? How does it relate to activism? How does it relate to Turtle Island?
Essay Topic 2
Although the Conways were extremely upset, Camp Sequoyah was effectively abandoned after Chief Johnson died. Do you think the same thing will happen to Turtle Island? Who might take over after Conway dies? Do you think Conway would ever retire? If Conway was to hand over the preserve to another person, who would it be? Does Gilbert have any affiliation with Turtle Island or Conway? If no one person can or will take over Turtle Island, what might happen to it? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay from the point of view of Karen Johnson Conway regarding the situation at Camp Sequoyah. How do you think Karen felt about the camp? What were the opinions of Big Eustace and Little Eustace? What were the issues surrounding the ownership and operation of the camp after the Chief died? Who was most interested in running it? What were Karen's opinions toward her brothers at this time? Why was the ownership/operation of the camp in question? How did Karen feel when it became obvious that she would never run the camp? What was the reason behind the decision? What did Karen believe was the real reason? Explain.
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)