|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the typical starting time for Conway and the others on the cross country trip?
2. What type of horse did Conway borrow from a neighbor?
3. What adjective can be used to describe the pace of the work day at Turtle Island?
4. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
5. Eustace got into a violent altercation with which of the following?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Gilbert says that Conway has never been able to succeed at love or to realize his dream of having 13 children, mostly due to his way of life and attitudes. Compare and contrast Donna, Patience and Ashley. How did the women fit into Conway's life? What caused the end of the relationship? What were the women's opinions at the end?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Schiele Museum of Natural History in North Carolina with two other similar museums. Try to choose at least one in your region. Discuss exhibits, education, and other offerings in the museums' various programs.
Essay Topic 3
Choose at least two other inspirational speakers and/or activists. Compare and contrast them with Conway. What are the major differences? What are the most obvious similarities? What are the main messages? Which is the most effective? Are the messages legitimate? How can you tell? Which do you find the most motivational and inspirational? How do you feel after learning about the message? Explain.
This section contains 1,553 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)