|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Conway?
2. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
3. Conway compares which of the following to brilliant music?
4. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
5. Which personality characteristic often came between Conway and Donna?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
2. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
3. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
4. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
5. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
6. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
7. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
8. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
9. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
10. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the Conways were extremely upset, Camp Sequoyah was effectively abandoned after Chief Johnson died. Do you think the same thing will happen to Turtle Island? Who might take over after Conway dies? Do you think Conway would ever retire? If Conway was to hand over the preserve to another person, who would it be? Does Gilbert have any affiliation with Turtle Island or Conway? If no one person can or will take over Turtle Island, what might happen to it? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a full biography on Eustace Conway. How would you describe his relationships with his parents, Judson, and his friends? Discuss Conway's academic career, love of nature, and business ventures. Learn about Conway today and how things may have changed.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay from the point of view of Karen Johnson Conway regarding the situation at Camp Sequoyah. How do you think Karen felt about the camp? What were the opinions of Big Eustace and Little Eustace? What were the issues surrounding the ownership and operation of the camp after the Chief died? Who was most interested in running it? What were Karen's opinions toward her brothers at this time? Why was the ownership/operation of the camp in question? How did Karen feel when it became obvious that she would never run the camp? What was the reason behind the decision? What did Karen believe was the real reason? Explain.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)