Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
2. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
3. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
4. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
5. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
2. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
3. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
4. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
5. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
6. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
7. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
8. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
9. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
10. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
Conway spent time during college learning how to better cope with the weather in addition to sharpening his hunting skills. What do you think prompted Conway to do these things? Why would Conway need to sharpen these skills if he had already spent so much time in the outdoors? Do you think something had changed? What animals and terrain would Conway typically face on a routine basis? Are any of the animals unusual or exotic? What is the weather in that area of the state? Explain the seasons. How might the conditions be different if Conway had been in a low lying area? How has the area changed since the founding of Turtle Island Preserve?
Turtle Island Preserve is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina. The Great Smoky Mountains are nearby to the west. Compare and contrast the two mountain ranges. Select a mountain range close to you to add to the comparison. If there are no mountains nearby, compare the two mountain ranges with the Appalachian Mountains.
Compare and contrast the Schiele Museum of Natural History in North Carolina with two other similar museums. Try to choose at least one in your region. Discuss exhibits, education, and other offerings in the museums' various programs.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)