|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Conway stay?
2. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
3. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
4. What is the name of Conway's younger brother?
5. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
2. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
3. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
4. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
5. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
6. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
7. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
8. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
9. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
10. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose at least two other inspirational speakers and/or activists. Compare and contrast them with Conway. What are the major differences? What are the most obvious similarities? What are the main messages? Which is the most effective? Are the messages legitimate? How can you tell? Which do you find the most motivational and inspirational? How do you feel after learning about the message? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Write a biography on Elizabeth Gilbert. Include her childhood, work with nature, activism, relationship to Turtle Island, and her professional career.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Schiele Museum of Natural History in North Carolina with two other similar museums. Try to choose at least one in your region. Discuss exhibits, education, and other offerings in the museums' various programs.
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)