Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
2. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
3. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
4. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
5. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
2. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
3. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
4. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
5. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
6. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
7. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
8. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
9. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
10. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
Essay Topic 1
Write a full biography on Eustace Conway. How would you describe his relationships with his parents, Judson, and his friends? Discuss Conway's academic career, love of nature, and business ventures. Learn about Conway today and how things may have changed.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Schiele Museum of Natural History in North Carolina with two other similar museums. Try to choose at least one in your region. Discuss exhibits, education, and other offerings in the museums' various programs.
Essay Topic 3
Although the Conways were extremely upset, Camp Sequoyah was effectively abandoned after Chief Johnson died. Do you think the same thing will happen to Turtle Island? Who might take over after Conway dies? Do you think Conway would ever retire? If Conway was to hand over the preserve to another person, who would it be? Does Gilbert have any affiliation with Turtle Island or Conway? If no one person can or will take over Turtle Island, what might happen to it? Explain.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)