|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Conway's movements while performing manual labor?
2. In what state did the storm occur?
(c) New Mexico.
(d) North Carolina.
3. What type of program did Conway start?
(b) Horse riding and care.
(d) Secondary education.
4. What type of horse was it?
(c) Tennessee walker.
5. What type of animal had Conway always longed to have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows mindfulness as day follows night?
2. What kind of storm did the group have to face while riding?
3. Conway's philosophy is based on which of the following?
4. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
5. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
2. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
3. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
4. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
5. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
6. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
7. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
8. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
9. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
10. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)