|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway gave the woman the unprecedented job of managing which of the following?
(b) Water system.
2. Conway believed that there is something about the presence and ___________ of a horse that draws people in.
3. In what year did Conway buy the horse he would take cross country?
4. Conway tells Gilbert that his photo would be next to which word in the dictionary?
5. Dave was putting in _____ hours per day at the preserve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway bought which piece of antique machinery?
2. Gilbert believes that Conway has a ________ when it comes to the horses.
3. Reckford compares manual labor to which of the following __________________.
4. How many of the people only finished out part of their terms in the program?
5. What was the name of the woman that accompanied the Conways on the cross country trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
2. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
3. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
4. Discuss the story of Dave Reckford. What was Conway's advice to Reckford?
5. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
6. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
7. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
8. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
9. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
10. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)