|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another name for someone's religious beliefs?
2. Having the woman along was a benefit for every reason except which of the following?
(a) She was a seasoned horse woman.
(b) She was a master chef.
(c) She owned a truck.
(d) She owned a horse trailer.
3. Dave was putting in _____ hours per day at the preserve.
4. Conway tells a story about a boy that stepped into a ______________ nest.
(a) Yellow jacket.
5. In what state did the storm occur?
(b) North Carolina.
(c) New Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not immediately noticeable when Conway approached the town?
2. What was the name of the animal finally purchased by Conway?
3. Conway gave the woman the unprecedented job of managing which of the following?
4. Gilbert refers to Conway as being a type of a(n) ________________.
5. What type of program did Conway start?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
2. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
3. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
4. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
5. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
6. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
7. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
8. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
9. Discuss the story of Dave Reckford. What was Conway's advice to Reckford?
10. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)