|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway ran ads in which town's newspapers?
2. Dave refers to his time at Turtle Island as being __________________.
3. Conway warns about polluting one's _____________.
4. Dave spent a day watching Conway build a ________________.
5. Unhappy people tend not to _____________ to themselves.
(a) Be kind.
(c) Be mindful.
(d) Be respectful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway wanted a horse that could be compared to which of the following?
2. What was the name of the horse Conway took on this particular trip?
3. What was the name of the group?
4. What adjective can be used to describe the pace of the work day at Turtle Island?
5. What was the name of Conway's first horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
2. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
3. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
4. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
5. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
6. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
7. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
8. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
9. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
10. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)