|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway was concerned about how his horse might react when he saw the ____________.
2. Which horse had a rock stuck in his hoof?
3. In what year did Conway buy the horse he would take cross country?
4. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
5. What type of program did Conway start?
(a) Secondary education.
(b) Horse riding and care.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman that accompanied the Conways on the cross country trip?
2. What was the name of the group?
3. Conway bought which piece of antique machinery?
4. What does Conway refer to as being a "newborn piece of fire?"
5. What word does Gilbert use to describe Conway's ownership of so many animals?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
2. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
3. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
4. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
5. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
6. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
7. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
8. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
9. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
10. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)