|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The wife commented that the mule looked as if he had gotten a ___________ education.
2. Conway wanted a horse that could be compared to which of the following?
3. Only through constant focus can one become __________________.
4. At this point Conway has how many horses?
5. What does Conway refer to as being a "newborn piece of fire?"
Short Answer Questions
1. On what holiday did Conway meet the family on the coast?
2. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
3. What was the name of Conway's first horse?
4. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
5. Reckford compares manual labor to which of the following __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
2. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
3. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
4. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
5. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
6. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
7. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
8. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
9. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
10. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)