|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway ran ads in which town's newspapers?
2. At this point Conway has how many horses?
3. What was the name of the manufacturer that closed down in Reckford's home state?
(c) Black and Decker.
(d) John Deere.
4. What was the name of the horse Conway took on this particular trip?
(b) Peter Rabbit.
5. What type of festival is attended by Conway and Gilbert?
(c) Renaissance festival.
(d) May Day festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did the storm occur?
2. Having the woman along was a benefit for every reason except which of the following?
3. Conway bought which piece of antique machinery?
4. What is another name for someone's religious beliefs?
5. Conway tells a story about a boy that stepped into a ______________ nest.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
2. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
3. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
4. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
5. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
6. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
7. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
8. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
9. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
10. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)