|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion was practiced by this mentor?
2. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
(a) Patriot Movement.
(b) Daughters of the Revolution.
(c) Sons of Liberty.
3. At this point Conway has how many horses?
4. It had only been ____ years since Conway bought his first horse.
5. Which is not one of the places mentioned as one being traveled by Dave?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Gilbert use to describe Conway's ownership of so many animals?
2. What did Conway send to the mule's former owners?
3. Conway warns about polluting one's _____________.
4. Conway believes it is important to know what _____________ smells do to your senses.
5. Conway's mentor(s) found him to be which type of student?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
2. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
3. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
4. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
5. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
6. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
7. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
8. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
9. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
10. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)