|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway ran ads in which town's newspapers?
2. What type of animal had Conway always longed to have?
3. Conway warns about polluting one's _____________.
4. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
5. Which of the following was not mentioned as something that had been damaged by the storm?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the middle aged man that tries to make contact with Conway at the festival every year?
2. Reckford compares manual labor to which of the following __________________.
3. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
4. Conway discusses which aisle in the grocery store?
5. Dave was putting in _____ hours per day at the preserve.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
2. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
3. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
4. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
5. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
6. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
7. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
8. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
9. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
10. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)