|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not immediately noticeable when Conway approached the town?
(c) Rusty cars.
2. Having the woman along was a benefit for every reason except which of the following?
(a) She was a master chef.
(b) She was a seasoned horse woman.
(c) She owned a horse trailer.
(d) She owned a truck.
3. What religion was practiced by this mentor?
4. Conway believed that there is something about the presence and ___________ of a horse that draws people in.
5. Reckford decided to follow his calling to become a _______________.
(d) Rodeo clown.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did the storm occur?
2. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
3. What was the name of Conway's first horse?
4. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
5. What was the typical starting time for Conway and the others on the cross country trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
2. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
3. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
4. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
5. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
6. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
7. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
8. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
9. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
10. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)