|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It had only been ____ years since Conway bought his first horse.
2. At Turtle Island children were encouraged to investigate the homes of which creature?
3. What follows mindfulness as day follows night?
4. Conway compared his first horse to which of the following?
5. The wife commented that the mule looked as if he had gotten a ___________ education.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway believed that there is something about the presence and ___________ of a horse that draws people in.
2. Which horse had a rock stuck in his hoof?
3. How old was Reckford when he was interviewed by Gilbert?
4. What religion was practiced by this mentor?
5. While in Louisiana, the group was hosted by which other group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
2. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
3. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
4. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
5. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
6. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
7. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
8. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
9. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
10. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)