|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of horse was it?
(c) Tennessee walker.
2. What kind of storm did the group have to face while riding?
3. The wife commented that the mule looked as if he had gotten a ___________ education.
4. Dave refers to his time at Turtle Island as being __________________.
5. Conway was concerned about how his horse might react when he saw the ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway believes it is important to know what _____________ smells do to your senses.
2. What type of horse did Conway borrow from a neighbor?
3. Which of the following was not immediately noticeable when Conway approached the town?
4. On what holiday did Conway meet the family on the coast?
5. What follows mindfulness as day follows night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
2. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
3. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
4. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
5. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
6. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
7. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
8. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
9. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
10. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)