|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not immediately noticeable when Conway approached the town?
(b) Rusty cars.
2. Conway warns about polluting one's _____________.
3. Where did Conway's mule come from originally?
(c) North Dakota.
4. Conway wanted a horse that could be compared to which of the following?
5. In what state did the storm occur?
(a) New Mexico.
(b) North Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman that would become Conway's star pupil?
2. Reckford decided to follow his calling to become a _______________.
3. Reckford compares manual labor to which of the following __________________.
4. Which is not one of the places mentioned as one being traveled by Dave?
5. What type of structure did the boys enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
2. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
3. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
4. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
5. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
6. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
7. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
8. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
9. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
10. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)