|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is important to ask which type of questions throughout your life?
2. In what year did Conway buy the horse he would take cross country?
3. Conway wanted a horse that could be compared to which of the following?
4. Which is not one of the places mentioned as one being traveled by Dave?
5. What was the typical starting time for Conway and the others on the cross country trip?
(a) 4 a.m.
(c) 3:30 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman that would become Conway's star pupil?
2. How old was Reckford when he was interviewed by Gilbert?
3. Dave Reckford was from which city?
4. What is the name of the middle aged man that tries to make contact with Conway at the festival every year?
5. At this point Conway has how many horses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
2. What advice did Gilbert offer to Conway?
3. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
4. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
5. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
6. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
7. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
8. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
9. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
10. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)