|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many mentors did Conway have when it came to the horses?
2. Which of the following was not mentioned as something that had been damaged by the storm?
3. What was the name of the group?
(a) The Lone Rangers.
(b) The Range Rascals.
(c) The Texas Rangers.
(d) The Long Riders.
4. Gilbert believes that Conway has a ________ when it comes to the horses.
(a) Soft heart.
(b) Natural gift.
(c) Rebellious streak.
(d) Great fear.
5. Dave refers to his time at Turtle Island as being __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the woman that accompanied the Conways on the cross country trip?
2. What did Conway send to the mule's former owners?
3. What was the name of Conway's first horse?
4. What type of structure did the boys enter?
5. The group faced what type of storm while riding through Louisiana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
2. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
3. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
4. What happened between Eustace and Judson along the way?
5. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
6. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
7. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
8. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
9. Examine the concept and rules of Camp Sequoyah.
10. Who was Hobo? What was his importance in Conway's life? What tragedy took place to end the relationship?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)