|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Conway's movements while performing manual labor?
2. What type of horse did Conway borrow from a neighbor?
3. What was the name of the horse Conway took on this particular trip?
(a) Peter Rabbit.
4. Which of the following was not served at the dinner?
(a) Corn bread.
(c) Collard greens.
5. Dave refers to his time at Turtle Island as being __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dave was putting in _____ hours per day at the preserve.
2. What adjective can be used to describe the pace of the work day at Turtle Island?
3. Conway bought which piece of antique machinery?
4. Conway questions if he might be ___________ when it comes to contracts.
5. On what holiday did Conway meet the family on the coast?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilbert describe the evolution of man's progress on the continent?
2. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
3. How did the sons fare in their adult lives? What was their reaction to their inheritance?
4. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
5. Discuss the issues that arose between Conway and Ashley. What was Gilbert's advice regarding the relationship?
6. Why did Gilbert consider it odd that Conway owned ten horses on such a small parcel of land?
7. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
8. What was the reason behind denying Karen the opportunity to take over for her father?
9. Discuss Conway's first trip on horseback.
10. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)