|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
2. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
3. What is the name of Conway's younger brother?
4. Unlike American men, European men tend to be more ___________________.
(c) Well bred.
5. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
Short Answer Questions
1. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
2. How old was Conway when he moved out of the family home?
3. Conway lived with which tribe in Mexico?
4. In which city did the author meet the brothers?
5. How old was Conway when Donna made it clear that she wanted to get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
2. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
3. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
4. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
5. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
6. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
7. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
8. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
9. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
10. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)