|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
2. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(a) Stalking a deer.
(d) Locating clay.
3. Conway applied for a job as which of the following?
4. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
5. What was the name of the parcel of land?
(a) Blue Ridge Parkway.
(b) Boone Gulch.
(c) Winfield Plain.
(d) Cabell Gregg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What items were spread across the desk when Gilbert sat talking to Conway?
2. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
3. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
4. What type of saddle did Conway use on the trip?
5. Which of the following was not something taught to Conway while he lived outside the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Conway notice when he took in some young boys that had no real direction?
2. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
3. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
4. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
5. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
6. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
7. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
8. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
9. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
10. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)