Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
(b) Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) Wall Street.
2. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
(b) Knife sheath.
(c) Riding crop.
3. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
(b) Charlie Brown.
(d) Fat Albert.
4. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
(c) Street people.
5. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway chose to do what after returning from his trip on the Appalachian Trail?
2. What is the name of Conway's father?
3. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
4. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
5. What was the name of the parcel of land?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
2. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
3. Explain the conversation regarding the building of a snowman.
4. Discuss the family life of the Chief.
5. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
6. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
7. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
8. What is Gilbert's observation about Conway's life at Turtle Island and the message he often fails to deliver?
9. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
10. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)