|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did Conway hike?
2. What name is used to describe a type of valley in the Appalachian Mountains?
3. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
(a) Poisonous snakes.
4. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(a) Crack dealers.
(c) Gang members.
5. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
2. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
3. What kind of boat did Conway use in Alaska?
4. Which of the following does not describe Conway?
5. Conway flew to which country to realize his dream?
Short Essay Questions
1. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
2. What is meant by the concept of America as a utopia?
3. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
4. What were Mrs. Conway's thoughts about the children playing in the woods?
5. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
6. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
7. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
8. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
9. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
10. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)