|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
(a) Poisonous snakes.
2. How long did Conway stay?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 12 months.
3. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(c) Influential politicians.
4. Who was quoted as saying that American men work hard and fast?
5. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Davy Crockett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Conway's father?
2. What name is used to describe a type of valley in the Appalachian Mountains?
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the book?
4. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
5. What is the name of a place shared by many of like minds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
2. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
3. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
4. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
5. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
6. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
7. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
8. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
9. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
10. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)