|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
2. Which of the following was not something taught to Conway while he lived outside the country?
(c) Fighting skills.
3. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
4. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
5. What is the first name of the main character?
Short Answer Questions
1. The route stretches between which two states?
2. In what state was Conway born and raised?
3. What was the name of the parcel of land?
4. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
5. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
2. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
3. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
4. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
5. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
6. What activities did Conway take part in before and during his college career?
7. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
8. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
9. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
10. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)