|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
2. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
3. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Billy the Kid.
(d) Davy Crockett.
4. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
5. Gilbert comments on which famous treaty?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Treaty of Paris.
(c) Treaty of London.
(d) Marshall Plan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of boat did Conway use in Alaska?
2. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
3. How old was Conway when Donna made it clear that she wanted to get married?
4. In what state was Conway born and raised?
5. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
2. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
3. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
4. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
5. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
6. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
7. What was surprising about Conway's childhood? What were his hobbies?
8. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
9. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
10. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)