|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
2. How old was Mrs. Conway when she took the silver flute passage?
3. Where was Karen Conway raised?
(c) Salt Lake City.
4. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
5. Conway chose to do what after returning from his trip on the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Go to college.
(b) Start a school.
(c) Move to LA.
(d) Get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
2. Conway feels it is his destiny to save which of the following?
3. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
4. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
5. Gilbert comments on which famous treaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
2. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
3. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
4. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
5. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
6. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
7. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
8. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
9. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
10. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)