|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
2. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
(b) Conway didn't love Donna.
(c) Donna's parents hated him.
(d) Having no money.
3. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the book?
(a) Davy Crockett.
(b) Yosemite Sam.
(c) John Fremont.
(d) Kit Carson.
4. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
5. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
(b) Kidney donor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway decided to focus on two majors, English and ____________.
2. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
3. Conway hiked mountains in which country?
4. Conway traveled to which country to scale its cliffs?
5. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
2. What were Mrs. Conway's thoughts about the children playing in the woods?
3. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
4. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
5. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
6. What are Gilbert's thoughts on the "American man?" How is this character typically viewed?
7. What was surprising about Conway's childhood? What were his hobbies?
8. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
9. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
10. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)