|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
(c) Poisonous snakes.
2. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(d) Influential politicians.
3. In which city did the author meet the brothers?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
4. Many are shocked that Mrs. Conway would allow her children to play in or near _______________.
(b) The woods.
5. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author writes about Judson's strange riding wardrobe including which of the following?
2. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
3. What type of saddle did Conway use on the trip?
4. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
5. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
2. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
3. What were Mrs. Conway's thoughts about the children playing in the woods?
4. What activities did Conway take part in before and during his college career?
5. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
6. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
7. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
8. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
9. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
10. What was surprising about Conway's childhood? What were his hobbies?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)