|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(a) Crack dealers.
(d) Gang members.
2. When Gilbert was in her twenties she decided to move to which state to become a cowgirl?
3. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
4. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
5. It was also around this time that Conway began to do what?
(a) Cliff dive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
2. What was the name of the man that agreed to provide a place to stay for the Long Riders?
3. What subject did the professor teach?
4. What was the name of the parcel of land?
5. Where did Conway choose to live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
2. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
3. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
4. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
5. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
6. What are Gilbert's thoughts on the "American man?" How is this character typically viewed?
7. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
8. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
9. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
10. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)