|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway lived with people of which culture?
2. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
3. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
(b) Street people.
4. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
5. Unlike American men, European men tend to be more ___________________.
(d) Well bred.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
2. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
3. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
4. In what state was Conway born and raised?
5. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was surprising about Conway's childhood? What were his hobbies?
2. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
3. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
4. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
5. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
6. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
7. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
8. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
9. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
10. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)