|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what type of dwelling did Conway live?
2. What subject did the professor teach?
(c) Physical Science.
3. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
4. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
5. Where did the professor go to college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the main character?
2. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
3. When Gilbert was in her twenties she decided to move to which state to become a cowgirl?
4. How old was Conway when he moved out of the family home?
5. Conway decided to focus on two majors, English and ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
2. What is meant by the concept of America as a utopia?
3. Gilbert compares Conway to Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone. What is the comparison?
4. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
5. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
6. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
7. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
8. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
9. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
10. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)