|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man that agreed to provide a place to stay for the Long Riders?
2. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Davy Crockett.
(d) Billy the Kid.
3. How long did Conway struggle to gain a particular piece of land vital to the success of Turtle Island?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
4. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
5. Unlike American men, European men tend to be more ___________________.
(c) Well bred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway eventually set a world record for which of the following activities?
2. Conway traveled to which country to scale its cliffs?
3. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
4. Conway hiked mountains in which country?
5. Conway lived with which tribe in Mexico?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
2. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
3. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
4. To which famous frontiersman is Conway compared? Where would this person be found?
5. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
6. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
7. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
8. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
9. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
10. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)