|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
2. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 3 years.
3. Conway hiked mountains in which country?
4. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
(d) Baby boomers.
5. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
(a) Large boots.
(b) Leather clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
2. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
3. What items were spread across the desk when Gilbert sat talking to Conway?
4. Conway traveled to which country to scale its cliffs?
5. In what type of dwelling did Conway live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
2. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
3. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
4. What type of travel was Conway involved in while in school?
5. How old was Conway when he set out on his own for the first time?
6. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
7. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
8. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
9. Why does Conway become disenchanted with his work at Turtle Island?
10. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)