|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
2. How old was Conway when he moved out of the family home?
3. Conway is known for having a strong ______________.
4. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
5. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(a) Stalking a deer.
(d) Locating clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
2. What is the first name of the main character?
3. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
4. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
5. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
2. Describe Karen Conway's childhood.
3. Where was Conway born and raised? In what kind of atmosphere did Conway live?
4. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
5. What were Mrs. Conway's thoughts about the children playing in the woods?
6. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
7. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
8. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
9. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
10. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)