|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
2. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
3. Conway chose to do what after returning from his trip on the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Start a school.
(b) Move to LA.
(c) Get a job.
(d) Go to college.
4. The author writes about Judson's strange riding wardrobe including which of the following?
5. Gilbert's actions are compared to which president?
(a) George Washington.
(c) Teddy Roosevelt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the professor that was impressed by Conway?
2. What was the name of the man that agreed to provide a place to stay for the Long Riders?
3. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
4. What is the name of Conway's father?
5. The author dismisses the common perception that Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is meant by the concept of America as a utopia?
2. What influence did Karen Conway have over the reconciliation of Little Eustace and Big Eustace?
3. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
4. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
5. What are Conway's memories of his first trips into the woods as a child? What did Conway's parents teach him?
6. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
7. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
8. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
9. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
10. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)