|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the professor that was impressed by Conway?
2. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
3. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(a) Primitive people.
(b) Canadian mounties.
(c) South Pacific islanders.
4. The route stretches between which two states?
(a) New York and Texas.
(b) Maine and Georgia.
(c) Kansas and Utah.
(d) Washington and California.
5. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
(b) Charlie Brown.
(d) Fat Albert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
2. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
3. Where did the professor go to college?
4. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
5. Conway taught the class how to do which of the following?
Short Essay Questions
1. What about Conway's childhood might shock most modern parents?
2. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
3. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
4. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
5. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
6. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
7. Discuss the juxtaposition of Conway's appearance and lifestyle.
8. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
9. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
10. What were Mrs. Conway's thoughts about the children playing in the woods?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)