|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
(c) Large boots.
(d) Leather clothing.
2. What subject did the professor teach?
(d) Physical Science.
3. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
4. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
(a) Knife sheath.
(c) Riding crop.
5. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
(c) Poisonous snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
2. The author dismisses the common perception that Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were _______________.
3. What is the name of a place shared by many of like minds?
4. Unlike American men, European men tend to be more ___________________.
5. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the overall accomplishment of the Long Riders?
2. What one thing stood in the way of the realization of Conway's vision? How did Conway solve the problem?
3. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
4. What behaviors did Conway exhibit that most concerned Donna?
5. Describe a typical day in the lives of the Long Riders.
6. Describe the scene that opens chapter 9.
7. What is one of Conway's ultimate goals?
8. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
9. Explain the relationship between Conway and Ashley.
10. Why did visitors find the American man to be so fascinating?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)