|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
2. Which personality characteristic often came between Conway and Donna?
3. How many miles did Conway hike?
4. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
5. Conway feels it is his destiny to save which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. It was also around this time that Conway began to do what?
2. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
3. How old was Conway when Donna made it clear that she wanted to get married?
4. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
5. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused the relationship between Little Eustace and Big Eustace to be healed, even if only marginally?
2. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
3. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
4. How does Gilbert compare the American man to the European man?
5. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
6. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
7. Discuss the pros and cons of Conway's blossoming celebrity.
8. What activities did Conway take part in before and during his college career?
9. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
10. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)