|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years passed until Conway and Donna saw each other again?
2. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
3. Where was Karen Conway raised?
(c) Salt Lake City.
4. Where did Conway choose to live?
(a) In a commune.
(b) With grandparents.
5. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the parcel of land?
2. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
3. How old was Mrs. Conway when she took the silver flute passage?
4. In what state was Conway born and raised?
5. It was also around this time that Conway began to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What activities did Conway take part in before and during his college career?
2. Who is Isabella Bird? Why was she fascinated by the stereotypical American man?
3. What aspect of Turtle Island Preserve was most difficult for Conway?
4. What does Gilbert say about Conway's journey to find the primitive people in Guatemala? How did Conway find the people?
5. Conway had little to no money when he returned to North Carolina. Discuss Conway's plan.
6. What are Gilbert's thoughts on the "American man?" How is this character typically viewed?
7. Eustace Conway has become famous for what activities?
8. Discuss the purchase of the first parcel of land for Turtle Island Preserve and Conway's plans for it.
9. Discuss Conway's foray into life as a naturalist. How did Conway learn the necessary skills?
10. Examine the incident in which Conway impressed Professor Clawson.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)