|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name is used to describe a type of valley in the Appalachian Mountains?
2. What was the name of the professor that was impressed by Conway?
3. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
4. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(a) Gang members.
(c) Crack dealers.
5. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
2. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
3. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
4. What was the name of the route taken by Conway?
5. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Conway thought he had finally found the woman of his dreams in Patience. Who was Patience?
2. Conway makes reference to Walt Whitman regarding nature. What is the quote and what does it mean?
3. What happened to cause the relationship to end?
4. Who was Chief Johnson? Why was he important to the Conway family?
5. Which author is quoted in the book regarding Conway's belief that men must always move forward?
6. Gilbert states that Conway's childhood gave him the courage and ambition to take on which activities?
7. What is Conway's advice in regards to using one's senses?
8. Gilbert discusses the history of the American frontier. Examine at least two of the most important items discussed by Gilbert.
9. What happened to Conway's relationship with Donna at this time?
10. Discuss the formation of the Long Riders. Where did the group go?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)