|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway believes it is important to know what _____________ smells do to your senses.
2. Conway ran ads in which town's newspapers?
3. Gilbert refers to Conway as being a type of a(n) ________________.
(b) Method Man.
4. What adjective can be used to describe the pace of the work day at Turtle Island?
5. Conway tells a story about a boy that stepped into a ______________ nest.
(a) Yellow jacket.
6. Which of the following was not immediately noticeable when Conway approached the town?
(b) Rusty cars.
7. Reckford decided to follow his calling to become a _______________.
(a) Rodeo clown.
8. What type of horse was it?
(b) Tennessee walker.
9. What is the name of the middle aged man that tries to make contact with Conway at the festival every year?
10. Conway wanted a horse that could be compared to which of the following?
11. Conway bought which piece of antique machinery?
(a) Mowing machine.
(b) Blacksmith's anvil.
(d) Butter churn.
12. Which of the following was not mentioned as something that had been damaged by the storm?
13. Conway compared his first horse to which of the following?
14. Conway shocked students when he claimed never to use which of the following?
(a) Cell phone.
15. What does Conway refer to as being a "newborn piece of fire?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Conway tells Gilbert that his photo would be next to which word in the dictionary?
2. What type of horse did Conway borrow from a neighbor?
3. What follows mindfulness as day follows night?
4. The wife commented that the mule looked as if he had gotten a ___________ education.
5. In what state did the storm occur?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)