|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Conway applied for a job as which of the following?
2. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
3. Which personality characteristic often came between Conway and Donna?
4. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
5. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
6. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
7. What type of saddle did Conway use on the trip?
8. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
9. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
10. Conway jokes about a conversation with an old Georgia man asking about Conway's __________.
11. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
12. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(c) Influential politicians.
13. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
14. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
15. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the route taken by Conway?
2. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
3. The author dismisses the common perception that Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were _______________.
4. It was also around this time that Conway began to do what?
5. Which of the following was not something taught to Conway while he lived outside the country?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)