|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state was Conway born and raised?
(a) North Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
2. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
3. What is the name of a place shared by many of like minds?
(a) Flop house.
4. How long did Conway struggle to gain a particular piece of land vital to the success of Turtle Island?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 8 years.
5. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
6. How many miles did Conway hike?
7. Many are shocked that Mrs. Conway would allow her children to play in or near _______________.
(a) The woods.
8. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
9. What is the name of Conway and Valarie's mutual friend?
10. How long did Conway stay?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 3 months.
11. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
(d) Kidney donor.
12. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
13. What items were spread across the desk when Gilbert sat talking to Conway?
(b) Land maps.
(c) Empty coffee cups.
14. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
15. Who was quoted as saying that American men work hard and fast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilbert's actions are compared to which president?
2. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
3. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
4. Conway hiked mountains in which country?
5. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)