|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Conway struggle to gain a particular piece of land vital to the success of Turtle Island?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 15 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. What items were spread across the desk when Gilbert sat talking to Conway?
(a) Land maps.
(d) Empty coffee cups.
3. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
(a) Poisonous snakes.
4. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
5. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
6. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
7. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
8. Conway eventually set a world record for which of the following activities?
(a) Riding a horse cross country.
(b) Swimming from California to Hawaii.
(c) Collecting the most whild animal skins.
(d) Scaling Denali alone.
9. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
(a) St. Paul.
10. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
11. In what month did Donna move out of the teepee?
12. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
(a) Baby boomers.
13. Where did Conway choose to live?
(b) With grandparents.
(d) In a commune.
14. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(a) South Pacific islanders.
(b) Canadian mounties.
(d) Primitive people.
15. How many years passed until Conway and Donna saw each other again?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the route taken by Conway?
2. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
3. Conway taught the class how to do which of the following?
4. Conway flew to which country to realize his dream?
5. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)