|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was quoted as saying that American men work hard and fast?
2. Conway intended to design Turtle Island to operate how many hours per day?
3. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
4. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
5. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
6. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
7. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
(b) Riding crop.
(c) Knife sheath.
8. As a child Conway learned about birds and animals that were native to which area?
9. What is the name of Conway's father?
(a) Judson Conway I.
(b) Eustace Conway III.
(c) William Conway IV.
(d) Richard Conway II.
10. Where was Karen Conway raised?
(b) Salt Lake City.
11. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
12. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
13. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
14. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
15. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
(b) Fat Albert.
(d) Charlie Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
2. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
3. Unlike American men, European men tend to be more ___________________.
4. What kind of boat did Conway use in Alaska?
5. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)