|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
(b) St. Paul.
2. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
(a) Having no money.
(b) Donna's parents hated him.
(d) Conway didn't love Donna.
3. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
4. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
(b) Large boots.
(d) Leather clothing.
5. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
6. Conway decided to focus on two majors, English and ____________.
7. What was the name of the route taken by Conway?
(a) Continental Divide.
(b) American Discovery Trail.
(c) Route 66.
(d) Appalachian Trail.
8. When Conway was not at school he spent his time acting as which of the following _________________.
(b) Tour guide.
(c) Ranch hand.
(d) Assistant curator.
9. How much longer did the relationship between Conway and Donna last?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
10. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(b) Billy the Kid.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Davy Crockett.
11. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
12. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(a) Locating clay.
(c) Stalking a deer.
13. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
(c) Kidney donor.
14. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(a) Crack dealers.
(b) Gang members.
15. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(a) Influential politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the professor go to college?
2. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
3. What was the name of the man that agreed to provide a place to stay for the Long Riders?
4. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
5. Conway eventually set a world record for which of the following activities?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)