|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(b) Gang members.
(c) Crack dealers.
2. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
3. What subject did the professor teach?
(b) Physical Science.
4. In which city did the author meet the brothers?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
5. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
(a) Environmental Protection Agency.
(b) Wall Street.
6. In what type of dwelling did Conway live?
7. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
8. What adjective is used to describe Karen Conway?
9. What is the name of a place shared by many of like minds?
(a) Flop house.
10. Conway feels it is his destiny to save which of the following?
11. Conway eventually set a world record for which of the following activities?
(a) Riding a horse cross country.
(b) Swimming from California to Hawaii.
(c) Collecting the most whild animal skins.
(d) Scaling Denali alone.
12. Many are shocked that Mrs. Conway would allow her children to play in or near _______________.
(c) The woods.
13. Conway applied for a job as which of the following?
14. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
15. When Gilbert was in her twenties she decided to move to which state to become a cowgirl?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
2. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
3. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
4. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
5. Conway decided to focus on two majors, English and ____________.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)