|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(a) Primitive people.
(c) Canadian mounties.
(d) South Pacific islanders.
2. How many years passed until Conway and Donna saw each other again?
3. Conway is known for having a strong ______________.
4. What is the first name of the main character?
5. Conway compares which of the following to brilliant music?
(a) Rushing water.
(b) Chirping birds.
(d) Falling icicles.
6. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
7. What name is used to describe a type of valley in the Appalachian Mountains?
8. What type of saddle did Conway use on the trip?
9. Who was quoted as saying that American men work hard and fast?
10. Gilbert comments on which famous treaty?
(a) Treaty of Paris.
(b) Treaty of London.
(c) Declaration of Independence.
(d) Marshall Plan.
11. What is the name of Conway and Valarie's mutual friend?
12. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
13. Gilbert's actions are compared to which president?
(b) Teddy Roosevelt.
(c) George Washington.
14. Conway hiked mountains in which country?
15. When Conway was not at school he spent his time acting as which of the following _________________.
(a) Assistant curator.
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Ranch hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
2. Conway lived with which tribe in Mexico?
3. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
4. The author dismisses the common perception that Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were _______________.
5. Which personality characteristic often came between Conway and Donna?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)