|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word that is repeatedly used as a synonym for the word expertise?
2. Conway eventually set a world record for which of the following activities?
(a) Collecting the most whild animal skins.
(b) Swimming from California to Hawaii.
(c) Riding a horse cross country.
(d) Scaling Denali alone.
3. When Conway was not at school he spent his time acting as which of the following _________________.
(b) Ranch hand.
(c) Tour guide.
(d) Assistant curator.
4. Gilbert comments on which famous treaty?
(a) Declaration of Independence.
(b) Marshall Plan.
(c) Treaty of Paris.
(d) Treaty of London.
5. Conway taught the class how to do which of the following?
(a) Make a fishing pole.
(b) Cure ham.
(c) Skin a rabbit.
(d) Build a fire with no matches.
6. Conway flew to which country to realize his dream?
7. Conway jokes about a conversation with an old Georgia man asking about Conway's __________.
8. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
(a) Large boots.
(b) Leather clothing.
9. Where did Conway choose to live?
(a) With grandparents.
(c) In a commune.
10. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 2 years.
11. Gilbert makes reference to which famous generation?
(d) Baby boomers.
12. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
13. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
14. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
15. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
Short Answer Questions
1. The route stretches between which two states?
2. The author dismisses the common perception that Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone were _______________.
3. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
4. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
5. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)