|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
(b) Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) Wall Street.
2. Which is not among the items Conway gifted to Valarie?
(b) Knife sheath.
(c) Riding crop.
3. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
(b) Charlie Brown.
(d) Fat Albert.
4. Gilbert recounts one of Conway's lectures given to a room full of people that looked and acted like _______________.
(c) Street people.
5. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
6. Conway chose to do what after returning from his trip on the Appalachian Trail?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Move to LA.
(c) Go to college.
(d) Start a school.
7. What is the name of Conway's father?
(a) Judson Conway I.
(b) William Conway IV.
(c) Eustace Conway III.
(d) Richard Conway II.
8. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
(b) Having no money.
(c) Donna's parents hated him.
(d) Conway didn't love Donna.
9. In what year did Gilbert meet the Conways?
10. What was the name of the parcel of land?
(a) Winfield Plain.
(b) Boone Gulch.
(c) Cabell Gregg.
(d) Blue Ridge Parkway.
11. What is the first name of the main character?
12. How old was Conway when Donna made it clear that she wanted to get married?
13. The author writes about Judson's strange riding wardrobe including which of the following?
14. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the book?
(a) Yosemite Sam.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(c) John Fremont.
(d) Kit Carson.
15. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(c) Influential politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
2. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
3. How old was Conway when he moved out of the family home?
4. How many cassette tapes did Conway buy to use on the cross country journey?
5. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)