|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of boat did Conway use in Alaska?
2. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
3. What subject did the professor teach?
(a) Physical Science.
4. Conway flew to which country to realize his dream?
5. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
6. Which of the following is not part of the American man's unusual attire?
(a) Leather clothing.
(d) Large boots.
7. Who was quoted as saying that American men work hard and fast?
8. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(b) Crack dealers.
(d) Gang members.
9. Conway attempted to prove to the man that he was some type of ________________.
10. What was the name of the professor that was impressed by Conway?
11. What was the name of the route taken by Conway?
(a) Continental Divide.
(b) Route 66.
(c) American Discovery Trail.
(d) Appalachian Trail.
12. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(b) Locating clay.
(c) Stalking a deer.
13. In which city did the author meet the brothers?
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
14. It was also around this time that Conway began to do what?
(c) Cliff dive.
15. What is the name of Conway's father?
(a) Richard Conway II.
(b) Judson Conway I.
(c) Eustace Conway III.
(d) William Conway IV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
2. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
3. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
4. After the end of their relationship Conway told Valarie that ____________ is sacred to him.
5. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)