|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the book?
(a) John Fremont.
(b) Kit Carson.
(c) Yosemite Sam.
(d) Davy Crockett.
2. What is the name of Conway and Valarie's mutual friend?
3. Conway found it necessary to approach Big Eustace when he was in need of which of the following?
(c) Kidney donor.
4. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
5. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
6. The trip took her to remote parts of which state?
7. In what state was Conway born and raised?
(b) North Dakota.
(d) North Carolina.
8. What type of saddle did Conway use on the trip?
9. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
10. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
11. Conway compares which of the following to brilliant music?
(a) Chirping birds.
(c) Falling icicles.
(d) Rushing water.
12. In which year did Conway buy the first parcel of land for the preserve?
13. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(a) South Pacific islanders.
(b) Canadian mounties.
(d) Primitive people.
14. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Davy Crockett.
15. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(a) Stalking a deer.
(b) Locating clay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which is not one of the animals acquired on the cross country trip?
2. Conway lived with which tribe in Mexico?
3. Gilbert comments on which famous treaty?
4. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
5. Conway believes that man's connection to nature has _________________.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)