|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the town/city where Conway was raised?
(b) St. Paul.
2. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
3. Gilbert compares Conway as being as savvy as anyone on/in ____________.
(b) Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) Wall Street.
4. What subject did the professor teach?
(b) Physical Science.
5. Where was Karen Conway raised?
(b) Salt Lake City.
6. People in Conway's crowd referred to him as being _____________.
7. What was the name of the English writer fascinated by the American man?
8. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
9. Gilbert was stunned to see Conway sharing his life stories with which dangerous group?
(a) Gang members.
(b) Crack dealers.
10. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(b) South Pacific islanders.
(c) Canadian mounties.
(d) Primitive people.
11. How old was Conway when he began to stay out in the woods alone?
12. Conway traveled to which country to scale its cliffs?
(b) New Zealand.
(c) South Africa.
13. Chapter 6 begins in which year?
14. What is the name of Conway and Valarie's mutual friend?
15. What was the name of Conway's "hillbilly mentor?"
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Conway when he became a naturalist?
2. What is the first name of the main character?
3. Many are shocked that Mrs. Conway would allow her children to play in or near _______________.
4. How long did Conway work at Turtle Island before he began to burn out?
5. How long did Conway stay?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)