|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years passed until Conway and Donna saw each other again?
2. Who did Conway want to meet so much that he would leave the country for a time?
(a) Primitive people.
(b) Canadian mounties.
(d) South Pacific islanders.
3. What was the name of the professor that was impressed by Conway?
4. Conway lived with which tribe in Mexico?
5. Chapter 4 begins in which year?
6. Conway is compared to which mythological character?
(a) Billy the Kid.
(b) Davy Crockett.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
7. Along with being a journalist, it can also be said that Conway was working as a(n) ___________________.
8. Which of the following was a skill not taught by Conway's mother?
(c) Stalking a deer.
(d) Locating clay.
9. Which of the following was not something taught to Conway while he lived outside the country?
(a) Fighting skills.
10. What is Susan's last name?
(d) Van Pelt.
11. Conway compares which of the following to brilliant music?
(a) Falling icicles.
(b) Rushing water.
(c) Chirping birds.
12. Conway jokes about a conversation with an old Georgia man asking about Conway's __________.
13. When asked about her unconventional parenting skills, Mrs. Conway is _______________.
14. Where did the professor go to college?
15. It is true that Crockett and Boone were both considered to be __________________.
(b) Influential politicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was present in that location that could have severely injured the children?
2. The author refers to the American man as being part stereotype, part ______________.
3. Conway feels it is his destiny to save which of the following?
4. Conway objected to the idea of marriage due to which factor?
5. What name is used to describe a type of valley in the Appalachian Mountains?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)