* Reader is introduced to Eustace Conway.
* Conway was raised in North Carolina in the 1960s.
* Conway shunned "civilized" life to become a naturalist.
* Conway moved to the woods at age 17.
* Conway's travel exploits are recounted.
* Conway lived in Guatemala to learn about primitive cultures.
* Conway's childhood is reviewed.
* Karen Conway, Eustace's mother, is also a free spirit.
* Gilbert talks about meeting Conway and his brother in 1993.
* The author reverts to 1975 for tales about Conway's museum experiences.
* Karen Conway's style of mothering is discussed.
* Gilbert explains the make up of the American man.
* Gilbert compares American men to foreign men.
* Isabella Bird is introduced.
* Gilbert wanted to find out if all the stories were true.
* Gilbert recounts the meeting with Eustace and Judson.
* Gilbert appreciates Conway's style.
* Conway was kind to all no matter what the situation.
* Conway has developed a strong dogma.
* Gilbert talks about Conway's...
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)