• Reader is introduced to Eustace Conway.
• Conway was raised in North Carolina in the 1960s.
• Conway shunned "civilized" life to become a naturalist.
• Conway moved to the woods at age 17.
• Conway's travel exploits are recounted.
• Conway lived in Guatemala to learn about primitive cultures.
• Conway's childhood is reviewed.
• Karen Conway, Eustace's mother, is also a free spirit.
• Gilbert talks about meeting Conway and his brother in 1993.
• The author reverts to 1975 for tales about Conway's museum experiences.
• Karen Conway's style of mothering is discussed.
• Gilbert explains the make up of the American man.
• Gilbert compares American men to foreign men.
• Isabella Bird is introduced.
• Gilbert wanted to find out if all the stories were true.
• Gilbert recounts the meeting with Eustace and Judson.
• Gilbert appreciates Conway's style.
• Conway was kind to all no matter what the situation.
• Conway has developed a strong dogma.
• Gilbert talks about Conway's...
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)