|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks after the murder of Matthew Shepard did the author and members of the Tectonic Theater Project travel to Laramie, Wyoming to collect interviews?
2. In the author’s note about the text, he claims that “When writing this play, we used a technique I developed called” what?
3. Where did The Laramie Project initially open?
4. Who did the waitress Debbie introduce herself to at a local inn in Act 1?
5. In what year was The Laramie Project first performed in Laramie, Wyoming, according to the author of the Introduction?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Moisés Kaufman. How is he involved with the Tectonic Theater Project?
2. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
3. Where did Matthew Shepard die? Who was charged with his murder?
4. What most recent works of Moisés Kaufman’s are described in the Introduction to The Laramie Project?
5. What does Doc O’Connor remark about the gay population in Laramie in Act 1?
6. What is the text of The Laramie Project based upon the transcripts of?
7. How was Matthew Shepard discovered? Where was he taken?
8. What is related in “Moment: A Scarf” in Act 1?
9. Where was Moisés Kaufman from? When did he enter the theater?
10. What was Moisés Kaufman’s objective in exploring themes in The Laramie Project?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tony Kushner’s award-winning play, Angels in America. When was the play produced? What are its central subjects and themes? How was it received? Why did Jedadiah Schultz’s parents react as they did to his performing a scene from the play? How do Angels in America and The Laramie Project relate to one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of homosexuality in the play and how it relates to the events surrounding Matthew Shepard. Do you think that people today are more accepting of the gay community? Why or why not? Is acceptance based upon location?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Aaron McKinney and Russell Henderson. How old were McKinney and Henderson at the time of Matthew Shepard’s murder? What impressions did they have on the people of the town? Who liked these individuals? Why? Who disliked them?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)