|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Laramie resident states in Act 2 that he believes the gay community took “this as an advantage, said this is a good time for us to exploit this”?
(a) Gil Engen
(b) Russell Henderson
(c) Father Roger Schmit
(d) Reverend Fred Phelps
2. Who was the CEO of the Poudre Valley Hospital at the time of Matthew Shepard’s murder?
(a) Rulon Stacey
(b) Harry Woods
(c) Matt Galloway
(d) Doug Laws
3. Who is described as a “first-term Republican up for reelection” in Act 2?
(a) Jedadiah Schultz
(b) Reverend Fred Phelps
(c) Doug Laws
(d) Jim Geringer
4. Zubaida Ula says in “Moment: A Death Penalty Case” of Act 3 that she knew Aaron McKinney in grade school and he was called what?
5. In “Moment: The Gem City of the Plains” from Act 2, Newsperson 3 says that Laramie “bills itself as Wyoming’s” what?
(a) Social hub
(c) Philosophy center
Short Answer Questions
1. Catherine Connolly states in Act 2 that there were probably about how many people from town at the arraignment?
2. In “Moment: Medical Update” in Act 2, the Narrator announces the “Matthew Shepard update at three P.M., Saturday” on what date?
3. Russell Henderson’s Mormon Home Teacher claims to have known Russell for how many years in “Moment: Russell Henderson” of Act 3?
4. For what television network did Moisés Kaufman adapt and direct The Laramie Project?
5. The Reverend Fred Phelps claims in Act 3 that “God’s _____ is pure.”
Short Essay Questions
1. What sentencing does Russell Henderson receive in Act 3?
2. How does Romaine Patterson respond to the Reverend Fred Phelps in Act 3?
3. How is The Laramie Project structured?
4. What is the Society for Human Rights? When was it established?
5. What regrets do the citizens of Laramie express in Act 2?
6. What follows the funeral of Matthew Shepard in Act 3?
7. How is the phrase “Live and let live” used for contrast in the play?
8. What interspersed speeches appear in Act 2? What scene follows the first speech?
9. What characters represent the theme of prejudice in The Laramie Project?
10. How is prejudice defined? What role does it play in The Laramie Project?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)