|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Matthew Shepard beaten and raped during a high school trip, causing him to experience depression and panic attacks?
2. In what year was Matthew Shepard murdered?
3. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) May 3, 2004
(b) June 16, 2001
(c) October 22, 2009
(d) December 29, 2007
4. What does Barbara Pitts say the first thing to welcome them was when they arrived in Laramie in Act 1?
(b) A Ferrari dealership
(c) A protest
(d) A rodeo
5. According to Doc O’Connor in Act 1, the trains used to carry cattle but now all they carry is what?
(a) Coal and lumber
(b) Grain and milk
(c) Chemicals and metal
(d) Diapers and cars
Short Answer Questions
1. The Narrator states in the beginning of Act 1 that the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, on what date?
2. Who does Andy Paris interview in Act 1?
3. Who joined the writing team for Tectonic Theater Project’s production of The Laramie Project as “an associate writer and ‘bench coach’” according to the Author’s Note?
4. Whose mother worked in a roundhouse, according to the narrative in Act 1?
5. The president of the University of Wyoming states that he lets his children play out at night until what time in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moisés Kaufman’s homeland view his works?
2. What do the residents of Laramie relate in “Moment: A Definition”?
3. Who makes statements in “Moment: Finding Matthew Shepard”?
4. What is the text of The Laramie Project based upon the transcripts of?
5. What is related in “Moment: A Scarf” in Act 1?
6. How does Act 1 of The Laramie Project begin? How is this “scene” defined?
7. What awards has Moisés Kaufman won in the United States?
8. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
9. What does Jedadiah Schultz relate about the play Angels in America in Act 1?
10. Describe Moisés Kaufman. How is he involved with the Tectonic Theater Project?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)