|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, we live in an age when what mediums are “constantly redefining and refining their tools”?
(a) Right and wrong
(b) Film and television
(c) Good and evil
(d) Newspapers and magazines
2. According to the author in the costuming and staging notes, The Laramie Project should be an event driven by what?
3. Who is described as a limousine driver in Act 1?
(a) Sherry Aanenson
(b) Rob DeBree
(c) Doc O’Connor
(d) Jim Geringer
4. Whose mother worked in a roundhouse, according to the narrative in Act 1?
(a) Marge Murray’s
(b) Dennis Shepard’s
(c) Amanda Gronich’s
(d) Matt Mickelson’s
5. According to the author in the Author’s Note, during the development of the play, the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie how many times to conduct interviews?
Short Answer Questions
1. Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde deals with Oscar Wilde's three trials on the matter of his relationship with whom?
2. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s mother?
3. When did James Byrd, Jr. die?
4. In what year was The Laramie Project first performed in Laramie, Wyoming, according to the author of the Introduction?
5. Who is described as being the president of the University of Wyoming in Act 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. When and where did The Laramie Project premiere?
2. How was Matthew Shepard discovered? Where was he taken?
3. How is the crime against Matthew Shepard described in the Introduction?
4. What awards has Moisés Kaufman won in the United States?
5. When in “Moment: A Definition” does the tone of Act 1 begin to change? How?
6. Who makes statements in “Moment: Finding Matthew Shepard”?
7. Who speaks in the introduction to Act 1? What is established in this opening?
8. Where did Matthew Shepard die? Who was charged with his murder?
9. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
10. What is related in “Moment: The Fireside” in Act 1?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)