|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Waco, Texas, a siege was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation which lasted how many days?
2. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that his family is what generation in Laramie, Wyoming?
3. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s mother?
(a) Anna Shepard
(b) Mary Shepard
(c) Martha Shepard
(d) Judy Shepard
4. Bertolt Brecht was a part of a theatrical movement called what?
(b) Epic theater
(c) Theater of the Absurd
5. What question does Sergeant Hing say the reporter asked him, completely missing the point, in Act 1?
(a) How cold does it get here?
(b) Are there bears out here?
(c) Who in the hell would want to run out here?
(d) What’s the population of Laramie?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the course of the authors’ travels to Laramie, Wyoming, they conducted more than how many interviews according to the author of the Introduction?
2. It was February of what year that Matthew Shepard was beaten and raped during a high school trip?
3. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s younger brother?
4. Who claims in Act 1, “But Wyoming, unless you’re a professional, well, the bulk of the people are working minimum-wage jobs”?
5. In what year was Matthew Shepard murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the residents of Laramie relate in “Moment: A Definition”?
2. How is the crime against Matthew Shepard described in the Introduction?
3. What does Marge Murray say about bias and prejudice within Laramie in Act 1?
4. What does Rebecca Hilliker relate about her students in Act 1’s “Moment: Rebecca Hilliker”?
5. Where was Moisés Kaufman from? When did he enter the theater?
6. How do the townspeople of Laramie describe Matthew Shepard in Act 1?
7. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
8. How was Matthew Shepard discovered? Where was he taken?
9. What is related in “Moment: The Fireside” in Act 1?
10. What structural purpose do Kaufman’s “moments” have in the play?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)