|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author of the Introduction to The Laramie Project writes: “There are moments in history when a particular event brings the various ideologies and beliefs prevailing in a culture into sharp focus. At these junctures event becomes a” what, of sorts?
(a) Super Bowl
(b) Train crash
(c) Lightning rod
(d) Eureka moment
2. James Byrd, Jr. was murdered by three men who asserted to be what?
(a) College educated
(c) Peace activists
(d) White supremacists
3. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that his family is what generation in Laramie, Wyoming?
4. Where was Oscar Wilde born?
(a) Dublin, Ireland
(b) Warsaw, Poland
(c) Paris, France
(d) Sydney, Australia
5. In the Waco siege, a fire destroyed the compound when a second assault was launched, killing how many people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Brecht essay does the author discuss in the Introduction?
2. Where was Matthew Shepard born?
3. In the essay by Bertolt Brecht discussed in the Introduction to The Laramie Project, the author describes a model based upon “an eyewitness demonstrating to a collection of people how” what took place?
4. What did the sign on the University Inn say when the Tectonic Theater Project members entered Laramie, according to Barbara Pitts in Act 1?
5. Jedadiah Schultz says in Act 1 that his parents reacted how when he told them he would be doing a scene from Angels in America for a high school competition?
Short Essay Questions
1. What structural purpose do Kaufman’s “moments” have in the play?
2. What is the text of The Laramie Project based upon the transcripts of?
3. Where did Matthew Shepard die? Who was charged with his murder?
4. How does Act 1 of The Laramie Project begin? How is this “scene” defined?
5. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
6. What did Moisés Kaufman hope to capture from the residents in Laramie, Wyoming?
7. Who makes statements in “Moment: Finding Matthew Shepard”?
8. When was The Laramie Project adapted to film? Where was it first presented?
9. When and where did The Laramie Project premiere?
10. When in “Moment: A Definition” does the tone of Act 1 begin to change? How?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)