|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims in Act 1, “But Wyoming, unless you’re a professional, well, the bulk of the people are working minimum-wage jobs”?
(a) Alison Mears
(b) Romaine Patterson
(c) Lucy Thompson
(d) Reverend Fred Phelps
2. James Byrd, Jr. was murdered by three men who asserted to be what?
(b) Peace activists
(c) College educated
(d) White supremacists
3. The author of the Introduction to The Laramie Project writes: “There are moments in history when a particular event brings the various ideologies and beliefs prevailing in a culture into sharp focus. At these junctures event becomes a” what, of sorts?
(a) Train crash
(b) Super Bowl
(c) Eureka moment
(d) Lightning rod
4. The Waco siege began on February 28 of what year?
5. Moisés Kaufman claims in Act 1 that “Today Leigh tried to explain to me to no avail what” what was?
(a) Jumbo shrimp
(b) Chicken fried steak
(c) Elk burgers
(d) Fried ice cream
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the costuming and staging notes, The Laramie Project should be an event driven by what?
2. At what university did Matthew Shepard study?
3. In the essay by Bertolt Brecht discussed in the Introduction to The Laramie Project, the author describes a model based upon “an eyewitness demonstrating to a collection of people how” what took place?
4. Where does the Narrator say Doc O’Connor lives in Act 1?
5. The Narrator states in the beginning of Act 1 that the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, on what date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Moisés Kaufman say about the role of theater and its structure in the Introduction?
2. What do the residents of Laramie relate in “Moment: A Definition”?
3. When and where did The Laramie Project premiere?
4. Describe Moisés Kaufman. How is he involved with the Tectonic Theater Project?
5. What most recent works of Moisés Kaufman’s are described in the Introduction to The Laramie Project?
6. What does Rebecca Hilliker relate about her students in Act 1’s “Moment: Rebecca Hilliker”?
7. How did the research begin on The Laramie Project? What role did the members of the theater company play?
8. How are the religious views in Laramie depicted in “Moment: The Word” in Act 1?
9. What awards has Moisés Kaufman won in the United States?
10. Who is the first person introduced in Act 1 that knew Matthew Shepard?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)