|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Judge say is the recommended sentence for the crime of Russell Henderson in “Moment: Russell Henderson” of Act 3?
(a) 85 years
(b) 35 years
(c) Two life sentences
(d) 50 years
2. Where was the Reverend Fred Phelps born?
(a) Seattle, Washington
(b) Oakland, California
(c) Meridian, Mississippi
(d) Bangor, Maine
3. Who says, “So when they used “gay panic” as their defense, I felt, this is good, if nothing else the truth is going to be told … the truth is coming out” in “Moment: Gay Panic” of Act 3?
(a) Rebecca Hilliker
(b) Matt Galloway
(c) Jedadiah Schultz
(d) Amanda Gronich
4. Zubaida Ula says in “Moment: A Death Penalty Case” of Act 3 that she knew Aaron McKinney in grade school and he was called what?
5. Who states in “Moment: A Death Penalty Case” of Act 3, “I don’t believe that one person should be killed as redemption for his having killed another. Two wrongs don’t make a right.”?
(a) Reverend Fred Phelps
(b) Matt Galloway
(c) Dr. Cantway
(d) Father Roger Schmit
6. Who decided to organize a group of individuals to assemble around the Westboro Baptist Church protesters dressed as angels at the trial of Russell Henderson?
(a) Marge Murray
(b) Rob DeBree
(c) Harry Woods
(d) Romaine Patterson
7. In “Moment: The Gem City of the Plains” from Act 2, Newsperson 1 says that there are no more what per capita in Wyoming than there are in New York, Florida, or California?
8. For what television network did Moisés Kaufman adapt and direct The Laramie Project?
9. Catherine Connolly states in Act 2 that there were probably about how many people from town at the arraignment?
10. According to Catherine Connolly in Act 2, the arraignment lasted how long?
(a) 2 hours
(b) 5 minutes
(c) 20 minutes
(d) 6 hours
11. According to the Narrator in Act 3, the trial of Russell Henderson was to be what type of trial?
(a) Assault with a deadly weapon
(b) Involuntary manslaughter
(c) Capital murder
(d) Aggravated assault
12. Russell Henderson’s Mormon Home Teacher claims to have known Russell for how many years in “Moment: Russell Henderson” of Act 3?
13. Sergeant Hing claims that the Laramie Police had apprehended the suspects in Matthew Shepard’s beating and murder in less than how much time in Act 2?
(a) 4 days
(b) 1 day
(c) 3 weeks
(d) 12 hours
14. Who is described as Matthew Shepard’s academic adviser in Act 2?
(a) John Peacock
(b) Matt Galloway
(c) Rebecca Hilliker
(d) Stephen Belber
15. In “Moment: Aaron McKinney” of Act 3, who is played in a tape recording questioning Aaron McKinney?
(a) Jim Geringer
(b) Greg Pierotti
(c) Father Roger Schmit
(d) Sergeant Rob DeBree
Short Answer Questions
1. In “Moment: A Death Penalty Case” of Act 3, the Narrator says that it had been how long since the day that Matthew Shepard died that the trial of Aaron James McKinney began?
2. Who says in “Moment: Epilogue” of Act 3, “On our last trip, I had the good fortune of seeing Jedadiah Schultz play the role of Prior in Angels in America”?
3. What is the title of Moisés Kaufman’s adaptation of Tennessee Williams’s later one-acts?
4. Who says in “Moment: Departure” of Act 3, “And I will speak with you, I will trust that if you write a play of this, that you say it right. You need to do your best to say it correct”?
5. Who claims in “Moment: Seeing Matthew” of Act 2, “Ultimately, no matter how you dice it, I did have an opportunity”?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)