|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Catherine Connolly states in Act 2 that there were probably about how many people from town at the arraignment?
2. Who says in “Moment: Departure” of Act 3, “And I will speak with you, I will trust that if you write a play of this, that you say it right. You need to do your best to say it correct”?
(a) Jon Peacock
(b) Reverend Fred Phelps
(c) Father Roger Schmit
(d) Sherry Aanenson
3. Where is the Westboro Baptist Church based?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia
(b) Boston, Massachusetts
(c) St. Louis, Missouri
(d) Topeka, Kansas
4. Who was the prosecuting attorney in the trial of Aaron James McKinney?
(a) Doug Laws
(b) Andy Paris
(c) Cal Rerucha
(d) Jim Geringer
5. What verdict did the jury reach in the case of Aaron McKinney for the charge of first-degree felony murder (kidnapping)?
(a) Not guilty
(c) Not guilty by reason of insanity
6. Russell Henderson’s Mormon Home Teacher claims to have known Russell for how many years in “Moment: Russell Henderson” of Act 3?
7. Who sets up a vigil as Matt lies dying in the hospital and is disappointed when other ministers in the town will not become involved?
(a) Philip Dubois
(b) Marge Murray
(c) Father Roger Schmit
(d) Reverend Fred Phelps
8. What does the ADL stand for?
(a) Anti-Defamation League
(b) American Domestic Lawyers
(c) Automatic Denial Litigation
(d) American Defense League
9. What Laramie resident describes being recorded for Hard Copy in Act 2?
(a) Aaron McKinney
(b) Doc O’Connor
(c) Romaine Patterson
(d) Aaron Kreifels
10. Sergeant Hing claims that the Laramie Police had apprehended the suspects in Matthew Shepard’s beating and murder in less than how much time in Act 2?
(a) 4 days
(b) 1 day
(c) 12 hours
(d) 3 weeks
11. Who is described as a “first-term Republican up for reelection” in Act 2?
(a) Jim Geringer
(b) Jedadiah Schultz
(c) Reverend Fred Phelps
(d) Doug Laws
12. Catherine Connolly states that the arraignment took place on what day of the week in Act 2?
13. What refers to a type of editorial bias in mass media in which events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers?
14. In “Moment: The Gem City of the Plains” from Act 2, Newsperson 1 says “It’s a tough business, as Matt Shepard knew, as his friends all knew, to be gay in” what?
(a) Cowboy country
(b) Yellowstone country
(c) God’s country
(d) Teton country
15. Who was the girlfriend of Aaron McKinney at the time of Matthew Shepard’s murder?
(a) Catherine Connolly
(b) Romaine Patterson
(c) Rebecca Hilliker
(d) Kristen Price
Short Answer Questions
1. Leigh Fondakowski has been a member of Tectonic Theater Project since what year?
2. Who is described as Matthew Shepard’s academic adviser in Act 2?
3. What is the name of Romaine Patterson’s sister in The Laramie Project?
4. For what newspaper does Kerry Drake report in The Laramie Project?
5. The Wyoming governor in Act 2 states, “I would like to urge the people of Wyoming against overreacting in a way that gives one group” what?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)