|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, when he and the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, they did not know that they would devote how much time to the project?
(a) 4 years
(b) 11 months
(c) 2 years
(d) 5 months
2. According to the author in the Introduction, every project Tectonic Theater Project undertakes as a company has two objectives. What is the first?
(a) To explore theatrical language and form
(b) To explain current events
(c) To examine the subject matter at hand
(d) To expose political and religious viewpoints
3. In the author’s note about the text, he claims that “When writing this play, we used a technique I developed called” what?
(a) Reflection work
(b) Thought work
(c) Moment work
(d) Truth work
4. Moisés Kaufman claims in Act 1 that “Today Leigh tried to explain to me to no avail what” what was?
(a) Fried ice cream
(b) Jumbo shrimp
(c) Elk burgers
(d) Chicken fried steak
5. The waitress Debbie claims to have been born in what year in Act 1?
6. In what year was Matthew Shepard murdered?
7. What did Matthew Shepard choose to major in at college?
(c) Political science
(d) English literature
8. What question does Sergeant Hing say the reporter asked him, completely missing the point, in Act 1?
(a) What’s the population of Laramie?
(b) How cold does it get here?
(c) Are there bears out here?
(d) Who in the hell would want to run out here?
9. What did the sign on the University Inn say when the Tectonic Theater Project members entered Laramie, according to Barbara Pitts in Act 1?
(a) God bless everyone
(b) Peace be with you
(c) Laramie mourns
(d) Hate is not a Laramie value
10. What is Matthew Shepard’s father’s name?
(a) Mark Shepard
(b) Dennis Shepard
(c) James Shepard
(d) Roger Shepard
11. When was Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde published?
12. Whose mother worked in a roundhouse, according to the narrative in Act 1?
(a) Dennis Shepard’s
(b) Amanda Gronich’s
(c) Marge Murray’s
(d) Matt Mickelson’s
13. What did the Welcome to Laramie sign say the population was when the Tectonic Theater Project members arrived, according to Barbara Pitts in Act 1?
14. What is the name of the sect that had a standoff with the FBI and AFT in Waco, Texas?
(a) The Divinity Project
(b) The Lord’s Children
(c) The Branch Davidians
(d) Al Qaeda
15. What sect leader was killed in the Waco siege?
(a) Charles Manson
(b) Robert Edwards
(c) Jim Jones
(d) David Koresh
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Oscar Wilde born?
2. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that all the towns of southern Wyoming are laid out and spaced because of what coming through?
3. In what year was The Laramie Project first performed in Laramie, Wyoming, according to the author of the Introduction?
4. According to the author in the costuming and staging notes, The Laramie Project should be an event driven by what?
5. Where does April Silva say she grew up in Act 1?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)