|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde deals with Oscar Wilde's three trials on the matter of his relationship with whom?
(a) Reverend Fred Phelps
(b) Russell Henderson
(c) Jim Geringer
(d) Lord Alfred Douglas
2. Where was Oscar Wilde born?
(a) Sydney, Australia
(b) Dublin, Ireland
(c) Paris, France
(d) Warsaw, Poland
3. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that all the towns of southern Wyoming are laid out and spaced because of what coming through?
(b) The weather
(c) The Pony Express
(d) The railroad
4. Who interviews Detective Sergeant Hing in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Greg Pierotti
(b) Matt Mickelson
(c) Philip Dubois
(d) Harry Woods
5. What did the sign at the Wyoming border say when the Tectonic Theater Project members first arrived, according to Greg Pierotti in Act 1?
(a) Wyoming—like no place on earth
(b) Wyoming—river fun in the mountain sun
(c) Wyoming—where buffalo outnumber people
(d) Wyoming—land of Yellowstone
6. Who did the waitress Debbie introduce herself to at a local inn in Act 1?
(a) Matt Mickelson
(b) Leigh Fondakowski
(c) Tiffany Edwards
(d) Matt Galloway
7. According to the author in the Introduction, we live in an age when what mediums are “constantly redefining and refining their tools”?
(a) Newspapers and magazines
(b) Good and evil
(c) Film and television
(d) Right and wrong
8. Who is described as a limousine driver in Act 1?
(a) Jim Geringer
(b) Rob DeBree
(c) Sherry Aanenson
(d) Doc O’Connor
9. In the course of the authors’ travels to Laramie, Wyoming, they conducted more than how many interviews according to the author of the Introduction?
10. In the essay by Bertolt Brecht discussed in the Introduction to The Laramie Project, the author describes a model based upon “an eyewitness demonstrating to a collection of people how” what took place?
(a) A traffic accident
(b) A murder
(c) A rainbow
(d) A fire
11. Who designed the original set for the premiere production of The Laramie Project?
(a) Andy Paris
(b) Doug Laws
(c) Robert Brill
(d) Sherry Johnson
12. The Narrator states in the beginning of Act 1 that the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, on what date?
(a) November 14, 1998
(b) July 4, 1997
(c) February 18, 1999
(d) May 11, 2000
13. What is Matthew Shepard’s father’s name?
(a) Dennis Shepard
(b) James Shepard
(c) Mark Shepard
(d) Roger Shepard
14. According to the author in the costuming and staging notes, The Laramie Project should be an event driven by what?
15. What sect leader was killed in the Waco siege?
(a) Jim Jones
(b) Charles Manson
(c) Robert Edwards
(d) David Koresh
Short Answer Questions
1. In Waco, Texas, a siege was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation which lasted how many days?
2. How many members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, along with Moisés Kaufman to collect interviews?
3. According to the author in the Introduction, every project Tectonic Theater Project undertakes as a company has two objectives. What is the second?
4. Where does April Silva say she grew up in Act 1?
5. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)