|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Andy Paris interview in Act 1?
(a) Rebecca Hilliker
(b) Sherry Johnson
(c) Doug Laws
(d) Trish Steger
2. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that Wyoming is one of the largest states in the country and the least what?
3. How many members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, along with Moisés Kaufman to collect interviews?
4. What question does Sergeant Hing say the reporter asked him, completely missing the point, in Act 1?
(a) How cold does it get here?
(b) Are there bears out here?
(c) Who in the hell would want to run out here?
(d) What’s the population of Laramie?
5. Moisés Kaufman claims in Act 1 that “Today Leigh tried to explain to me to no avail what” what was?
(a) Jumbo shrimp
(b) Fried ice cream
(c) Chicken fried steak
(d) Elk burgers
6. Angels in America is a play by what playwright?
(a) Nilo Cruz
(b) Tony Kushner
(c) Thornton Wilder
(d) Scott McMorrow
7. Who is described as being the president of the University of Wyoming in Act 1?
(a) Rob DeBree
(b) Philip Dubois
(c) Amanda Gronich
(d) Catherine Connolly
8. What is Matthew Shepard’s father’s name?
(a) James Shepard
(b) Dennis Shepard
(c) Mark Shepard
(d) Roger Shepard
9. In what year did Oscar Wilde die?
10. What did the sign at the Wyoming border say when the Tectonic Theater Project members first arrived, according to Greg Pierotti in Act 1?
(a) Wyoming—like no place on earth
(b) Wyoming—where buffalo outnumber people
(c) Wyoming—land of Yellowstone
(d) Wyoming—river fun in the mountain sun
11. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) December 29, 2007
(b) October 22, 2009
(c) June 16, 2001
(d) May 3, 2004
12. Who is described as the head of the theater department at the University of Wyoming in Act 1?
(a) Bill McKinney
(b) Marge Murray
(c) Philip Dubois
(d) Rebecca Hilliker
13. Where did The Laramie Project initially open?
(a) The Los Angeles Taper Forum
(b) The Actor’s Theater of San Francisco
(c) The Guthrie Theater
(d) The Denver Center Theater
14. Who led the Tectonic Theater Project’s group in Laramie as the head writer, according to the Author’s Note?
(a) Stephen Belber
(b) Leigh Fondakowski
(c) Stephen Wangh
(d) Greg Pierotti
15. Who in Act 1 says, “It’s hard to talk about Laramie now, to tell you what Laramie is, for us”?
(a) Matt Galloway
(b) Jedadiah Schultz
(c) Aaron Kreifels
(d) Doc O'Connor
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, we live in an age when what mediums are “constantly redefining and refining their tools”?
2. In the course of the authors’ travels to Laramie, Wyoming, they conducted more than how many interviews according to the author of the Introduction?
3. Bertolt Brecht was a part of a theatrical movement called what?
4. What did Matthew Shepard choose to major in at college?
5. In what year did The Laramie Project first perform in New York?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)