|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The waitress Debbie claims to have been born in what year in Act 1?
2. What Brecht essay does the author discuss in the Introduction?
(a) Guerrilla Theater
(b) Propaganda in Theater
(c) The Epic Theater
(d) The Street Scene
3. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that his family is what generation in Laramie, Wyoming?
4. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s mother?
(a) Anna Shepard
(b) Judy Shepard
(c) Mary Shepard
(d) Martha Shepard
5. When was James Byrd, Jr. born?
6. What does Barbara Pitts say the first thing to welcome them was when they arrived in Laramie in Act 1?
(a) A Ferrari dealership
(b) A rodeo
(c) A protest
7. In what year did Oscar Wilde die?
8. Whose following quote is used in the introduction: “After all, not to create only, or found only, But to bring perhaps from afar what is already founded, To give it our own identity, average, limitless, free”?
(a) Arthur Miller’s
(b) John Keats’s
(c) Walt Whitman’s
(d) Henry David Thoreau’s
9. Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde deals with Oscar Wilde's three trials on the matter of his relationship with whom?
(a) Reverend Fred Phelps
(b) Lord Alfred Douglas
(c) Jim Geringer
(d) Russell Henderson
10. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) June 16, 2001
(b) May 3, 2004
(c) October 22, 2009
(d) December 29, 2007
11. According to the author in the Introduction, when he and the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, they did not know that they would devote how much time to the project?
(a) 5 months
(b) 4 years
(c) 2 years
(d) 11 months
12. The Narrator states in the beginning of Act 1 that the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, on what date?
(a) May 11, 2000
(b) November 14, 1998
(c) February 18, 1999
(d) July 4, 1997
13. Greg Pierotti claims in “Moment: Journal Entries” of Act 1, that he swore he heard what the moment he crossed the Wyoming border?
(a) Hooting owls
(b) Screaming cowboys
(c) Howling wolves
(d) A herd of buffalo
14. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s younger brother?
(a) Caleb Shepard
(b) Oscar Shepard
(c) William Shepard
(d) Logan Shepard
15. Who interviews Detective Sergeant Hing in the beginning of Act 1?
(a) Philip Dubois
(b) Harry Woods
(c) Matt Mickelson
(d) Greg Pierotti
Short Answer Questions
1. Jedadiah Schultz says in Act 1 that his parents reacted how when he told them he would be doing a scene from Angels in America for a high school competition?
2. Angels in America is a play by what playwright?
3. Where was James Byrd, Jr. murdered?
4. Who joined the writing team for Tectonic Theater Project’s production of The Laramie Project as “an associate writer and ‘bench coach’” according to the Author’s Note?
5. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that all the towns of southern Wyoming are laid out and spaced because of what coming through?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)