|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described as a limousine driver in Act 1?
(a) Jim Geringer
(b) Rob DeBree
(c) Sherry Aanenson
(d) Doc O’Connor
2. Who is described as being the president of the University of Wyoming in Act 1?
(a) Amanda Gronich
(b) Rob DeBree
(c) Catherine Connolly
(d) Philip Dubois
3. Where was Matthew Shepard beaten and raped during a high school trip, causing him to experience depression and panic attacks?
4. In Waco, Texas, a siege was initiated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation which lasted how many days?
5. When was Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde published?
6. In what year was The Laramie Project first performed in Laramie, Wyoming, according to the author of the Introduction?
7. The limousine driver in Act 1 claims, “They say that the Wyoming” what will “drive a man insane”?
8. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s mother?
(a) Judy Shepard
(b) Martha Shepard
(c) Mary Shepard
(d) Anna Shepard
9. Where was Matthew Shepard born?
(a) Casper, Wyoming
(b) Mammoth Lakes, California
(c) Kalispell, Montana
(d) Durango, Colorado
10. Who does Andy Paris interview in Act 1?
(a) Doug Laws
(b) Rebecca Hilliker
(c) Sherry Johnson
(d) Trish Steger
11. What did the sign at the Wyoming border say when the Tectonic Theater Project members first arrived, according to Greg Pierotti in Act 1?
(a) Wyoming—river fun in the mountain sun
(b) Wyoming—like no place on earth
(c) Wyoming—land of Yellowstone
(d) Wyoming—where buffalo outnumber people
12. What is the name of the sect that had a standoff with the FBI and AFT in Waco, Texas?
(a) The Divinity Project
(b) The Branch Davidians
(c) The Lord’s Children
(d) Al Qaeda
13. According to the author in the Introduction, every project Tectonic Theater Project undertakes as a company has two objectives. What is the first?
(a) To expose political and religious viewpoints
(b) To examine the subject matter at hand
(c) To explore theatrical language and form
(d) To explain current events
14. Where does the Narrator say Doc O’Connor lives in Act 1?
(d) Rock Springs
15. According to the author in the Introduction, when he and the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, they did not know that they would devote how much time to the project?
(a) 2 years
(b) 11 months
(c) 5 months
(d) 4 years
Short Answer Questions
1. Angels in America is a play by what playwright?
2. Where was James Byrd, Jr. murdered?
3. In Detective Sergeant Hing’s interview in Act 1, Hing states that his family is what generation in Laramie, Wyoming?
4. Who joined the writing team for Tectonic Theater Project’s production of The Laramie Project as “an associate writer and ‘bench coach’” according to the Author’s Note?
5. How many members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, along with Moisés Kaufman to collect interviews?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)