|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Zubaida Ula says in “Moment: A Death Penalty Case” of Act 3 that she knew Aaron McKinney in grade school and he was called what?
2. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s younger brother?
(a) Oscar Shepard
(b) Caleb Shepard
(c) Logan Shepard
(d) William Shepard
3. Where was Matthew Shepard beaten and raped during a high school trip, causing him to experience depression and panic attacks?
4. What did Matthew Shepard choose to major in at college?
(b) English literature
(c) Political science
5. Who designed the original set for the premiere production of The Laramie Project?
(a) Sherry Johnson
(b) Robert Brill
(c) Doug Laws
(d) Andy Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, “So when they used “gay panic” as their defense, I felt, this is good, if nothing else the truth is going to be told … the truth is coming out” in “Moment: Gay Panic” of Act 3?
2. In “Moment: Gay Panic” of Act 3, who says, “When that defense team argued that McKinney did what he did because Matthew made a pass at him … I just wanted to vomit, because that’s like saying that it’s okay.”?
3. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
4. What is Matthew Shepard’s father’s name?
5. What Laramie resident states in Act 2 that he believes if this “had been a heterosexual these two boys decided to take out and rob, this never would have made national news”?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)