|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde?
(a) Frank Galati
(b) Neil Simon
(c) Terrence McNally
(d) Moisés Kaufman
2. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) December 29, 2007
(b) June 16, 2001
(c) October 22, 2009
(d) May 3, 2004
3. It was February of what year that Matthew Shepard was beaten and raped during a high school trip?
4. When did James Byrd, Jr. die?
5. In the essay by Bertolt Brecht discussed in the Introduction to The Laramie Project, the author describes a model based upon “an eyewitness demonstrating to a collection of people how” what took place?
(a) A fire
(b) A traffic accident
(c) A murder
(d) A rainbow
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, contemporary “theater has too often remained entrenched in the nineteenth-century traditions of” what?
2. Where did The Laramie Project initially open?
3. The Waco siege began on February 28 of what year?
4. Who interviews Detective Sergeant Hing in the beginning of Act 1?
5. According to the author in the Author’s Note, during the development of the play, the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie how many times to conduct interviews?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)