|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Author’s Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in the Introduction, we live in an age when what mediums are “constantly redefining and refining their tools”?
(a) Film and television
(b) Good and evil
(c) Newspapers and magazines
(d) Right and wrong
2. What is Matthew Shepard’s father’s name?
(a) Dennis Shepard
(b) James Shepard
(c) Roger Shepard
(d) Mark Shepard
3. Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde deals with Oscar Wilde's three trials on the matter of his relationship with whom?
(a) Reverend Fred Phelps
(b) Lord Alfred Douglas
(c) Jim Geringer
(d) Russell Henderson
4. In what year was The Laramie Project first performed in Laramie, Wyoming, according to the author of the Introduction?
5. Where was Matthew Shepard born?
(a) Casper, Wyoming
(b) Durango, Colorado
(c) Kalispell, Montana
(d) Mammoth Lakes, California
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bertolt Brecht die?
2. Where was the poet, playwright and director Bertolt Brecht born?
3. Who developed the original music for the premiere production of The Laramie Project?
4. How many weeks after the murder of Matthew Shepard did the author and members of the Tectonic Theater Project travel to Laramie, Wyoming to collect interviews?
5. The author of the Introduction to The Laramie Project writes: “There are moments in history when a particular event brings the various ideologies and beliefs prevailing in a culture into sharp focus. At these junctures event becomes a” what, of sorts?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)