|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction and Author’s Note.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Tectonic Theater Project’s group in Laramie as the head writer, according to the Author’s Note?
(a) Leigh Fondakowski
(b) Stephen Belber
(c) Greg Pierotti
(d) Stephen Wangh
2. According to the author in the Author’s Note, during the development of the play, the members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie how many times to conduct interviews?
3. Who designed the original set for the premiere production of The Laramie Project?
(a) Sherry Johnson
(b) Doug Laws
(c) Robert Brill
(d) Andy Paris
4. Where did The Laramie Project initially open?
(a) The Los Angeles Taper Forum
(b) The Actor’s Theater of San Francisco
(c) The Guthrie Theater
(d) The Denver Center Theater
5. At what university did Matthew Shepard study?
(a) The University of Montana
(b) The University of Wyoming
(c) The University of Colorado
(d) The University of Alaska
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
2. What Brecht essay does the author discuss in the Introduction?
3. The author of the Introduction to The Laramie Project writes: “There are moments in history when a particular event brings the various ideologies and beliefs prevailing in a culture into sharp focus. At these junctures event becomes a” what, of sorts?
4. Who wrote Gross Indecency: The Three Trials of Oscar Wilde?
5. According to the author in the Introduction, contemporary “theater has too often remained entrenched in the nineteenth-century traditions of” what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)