|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Oscar Wilde born?
2. How many members of the Tectonic Theater Project traveled to Laramie, Wyoming, along with Moisés Kaufman to collect interviews?
3. Where was James Byrd, Jr. murdered?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona
(b) Omaha, Nebraska
(c) Pueblo, Colorado
(d) Jasper, Texas
4. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) October 22, 2009
(b) December 29, 2007
(c) May 3, 2004
(d) June 16, 2001
5. Who were the Tectonic Theater Project’s associate writers who led the group in Laramie, according to the Author’s Note?
(a) Greg Pierotti and Leigh Fondakowski
(b) Stephen Belber and Greg Pierotti
(c) Stephen Belber and Jim Geringer
(d) Leigh Fondakowski and Jon Peacock
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Matthew Shepard’s younger brother?
2. In the course of the authors’ travels to Laramie, Wyoming, they conducted more than how many interviews according to the author of the Introduction?
3. What is the name of the sect that had a standoff with the FBI and AFT in Waco, Texas?
4. Who does Andy Paris interview in Act 1?
5. Who claims in Act 1, “But Wyoming, unless you’re a professional, well, the bulk of the people are working minimum-wage jobs”?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)