|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date did the United States Congress pass the Matthew Shepard and James Byrd, Jr. Hate Crimes Prevention Act?
(a) May 3, 2004
(b) October 22, 2009
(c) June 16, 2001
(d) December 29, 2007
2. When did James Byrd, Jr. die?
3. In the essay by Bertolt Brecht discussed in the Introduction to The Laramie Project, the author describes a model based upon “an eyewitness demonstrating to a collection of people how” what took place?
(a) A fire
(b) A traffic accident
(c) A rainbow
(d) A murder
4. The limousine driver in Act 1 claims, “They say that the Wyoming” what will “drive a man insane”?
5. When was James Byrd, Jr. born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joined the writing team for Tectonic Theater Project’s production of The Laramie Project as “an associate writer and ‘bench coach’” according to the Author’s Note?
2. Where was Matthew Shepard born?
3. What sect leader was killed in the Waco siege?
4. What did Matthew Shepard choose to major in at college?
5. Doc O’Connor claims that the trains that go by where he lives pass every how many minutes in Act 1?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)