|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy think about the landlady as she is showing him around the bed and breakfast?
(a) That she is slightly dotty.
(b) That she is old and infirm.
(c) That she is younger than he first thought.
(d) That she is criminally insane.
2. What color are the landlady's fingernails?
3. What odd verb does the landlady use when describing Mr. Mulholland's arrival at the bed and breakfast?
4. From what town did Mr. Temple come?
5. When Billy compares the landlady to a mother, he envisions her welcoming him for what holiday?
(d) Boxing Day.
6. What does Billy believe about when Mr. Mulholland left the bed and breakfast?
(a) That he left shortly after arriving.
(b) That he left recently.
(c) That he left years earlier.
(d) That he never left.
7. Which bedroom is Billy given?
(a) One facing the side of the house.
(b) One facing the back of the house.
(c) One facing the front of the house.
(d) One in the middle of the house.
8. What does the landlady offer Billy to eat as they sit together in the sitting room?
(a) A cucumber sandwich.
(b) A ginger biscuit.
(c) A cinnamon bun.
(d) A piece of bread and butter.
9. As the landlady is showing Billy around the bed and breakfast, what name does she accidentally call him?
(a) Mr. Parker.
(b) Mr. Perkins.
(c) Mr. Pickston.
(d) Mr. Popkins.
10. When Billy thinks the landlady is harmless, what literary device is being used?
11. According to the landlady, what school had Mr. Mulholland attended when he came to the bed and breakfast?
(b) Imperial College.
(d) King's College.
12. According to the landlady, how had she been feeling prior to Billy's arrival?
13. According to the landlady, why do so few people stay at the bed and breakfast?
(a) Because her prices are so high.
(b) Because most people prefer The Bell and Dragon.
(c) Because she is so choosy.
(d) Because of her reputation.
14. When Billy describes the landlady as being "off her rocker," what literary convention is being used?
15. According to the landlady, who stays on the second floor of the bed and breakfast?
(a) The other boarders.
(b) The servants.
(d) The landlady.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what town did Mr. Mulholland come?
2. What sports does Billy think Mr. Mulholland and Mr. Temple played?
3. As Billy reads the guestbook, he discovers how many entries above him on the page?
4. According to the landlady, Billy is allowed to do what in his room?
5. According to Billy, how old is Mr. Temple's guestbook entry?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)