|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
2. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
3. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
4. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
5. How did the mother react to her son's death?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)