|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
2. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
3. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
4. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
5. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
Essay Topic 3
How does one catch a golden eel? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)