Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
What does the story express about Vietnam before all the conflicts that struck down the country? How did war change Vietnam?
Discuss the differences between the novel and autobiography formats. What are the main elements of a book? What are the main elements of an autobiography? What can novelists express that an autobiographer cannot? How can autobiographies keep to the facts while still maintaining a level of entertainment?
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)