|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 2
What is important for someone like Nhuong to learn in a village so close to wild animals? What does he still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How does one catch a golden eel? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)