Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
Essay Topic 1
How do the humans and animals interact with each other? What problems would modern readers have with some treatment of the animals at the hands of humans? How could Nhuong justify his treatment of animals in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Essay Topic 3
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)