|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
2. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
3. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
4. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
5. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
2. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
3. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
4. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
5. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
6. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
7. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
8. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
9. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
10. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
Essay Topic 2
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the problems caused by the following animals.
1. Wild hogs.
3. Horse snakes.
How do the village try to combat the problems these animals cause?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)