Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
Essay Topic 1
What is Nhoung's relationship with his grandmother? How does her death affect him and how does he express his feelings within the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)