|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does grandmother love attending?
2. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
3. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
4. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
5. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
2. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
3. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
4. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
5. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
6. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
7. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
8. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
9. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
10. How did Trung save Lan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence of the following people on Nhuong's life. What did each character teach him about life?
1. His cousin.
2. His father.
3. His grandmother.
Essay Topic 2
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the problems caused by the following animals.
1. Wild hogs.
3. Horse snakes.
How do the village try to combat the problems these animals cause?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)