|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
2. How do the men tire the hog?
3. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
4. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
5. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
2. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
3. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
4. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
6. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
7. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
8. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
9. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
10. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
Essay Topic 2
How does one catch a white catfish? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 3
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)