|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
2. How did Nhuong's cousin help him capture the otter cubs?
3. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
4. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
5. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are otter cubs so prized?
2. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
3. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
4. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
5. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
6. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
7. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
8. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
9. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
10. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
Essay Topic 2
What is Nhoung's relationship with his grandmother? How does her death affect him and how does he express his feelings within the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)