|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
2. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
3. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
4. What do the men use to make stretchers?
5. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
2. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
3. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
4. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
5. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
6. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
7. How did the villagers stop wild animals from getting into their houses?
8. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
9. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
10. What is the ideal buffalo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does one catch a white catfish? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 2
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
Essay Topic 3
What does the story express about Vietnam before all the conflicts that struck down the country? How did war change Vietnam?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)