|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
2. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
3. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
4. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
5. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
2. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
3. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
4. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
5. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
6. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
7. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
8. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
9. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
10. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is important for someone like Nhuong to learn in a village so close to wild animals? What does he still have to learn by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
How does one catch a white catfish? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 3
Describe how villagers manage the following in Nhoung's hamlet.
1. Buying and selling goods.
3. Making a living.
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)