|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
2. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
3. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
4. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
5. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
2. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
3. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
4. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
5. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
6. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
7. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
8. How did Tank escape the thieves?
9. Why are otter cubs so prized?
10. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does one catch a golden eel? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how villagers manage the following in Nhoung's hamlet.
1. Buying and selling goods.
3. Making a living.
Essay Topic 3
How does one catch a white catfish? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)