Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
7. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
Examine the book's chronological setting.
1. What were the main concerns during the 1940s? How does the author express these concerns?
2. How would the author change the book if it was set in today's society?
Describe how villagers manage the following in Nhoung's hamlet.
1. Buying and selling goods.
3. Making a living.
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)