Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
7. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
What is Nhoung's relationship with his grandmother? How does her death affect him and how does he express his feelings within the narrative?
Examine the influence of the following people on Nhuong's life. What did each character teach him about life?
1. His cousin.
2. His father.
3. His grandmother.
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)