|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
7. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
Essay Topic 1
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
Essay Topic 2
What is Nhoung's relationship with his grandmother? How does her death affect him and how does he express his feelings within the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)