|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
2. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
3. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
4. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
5. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
2. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
3. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
4. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
5. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
6. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
7. Why are otter cubs so prized?
8. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
9. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
10. How did Tank escape the thieves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does one catch a golden eel? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the problems caused by the following animals.
1. Wild hogs.
3. Horse snakes.
How do the village try to combat the problems these animals cause?
Essay Topic 3
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)