|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
2. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
3. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
4. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
5. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did Tank escape the thieves?
4. What is the ideal buffalo?
5. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
6. What is an otter's party?
7. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
8. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
9. Why are otter cubs so prized?
10. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence of the following people on Nhuong's life. What did each character teach him about life?
1. His cousin.
2. His father.
3. His grandmother.
Essay Topic 2
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
Essay Topic 3
How does one catch a golden eel? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)