|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
2. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
3. What kind of animal would the villagers use as bait to catch a catfish?
4. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
2. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
3. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
4. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
6. What is the ideal buffalo?
7. Why are otter cubs so prized?
8. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
9. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
10. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
Essay Topic 2
How does one catch a white catfish? How does Nhuong make the task easier for himself?
Essay Topic 3
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)