|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
2. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
3. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
4. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
5. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
2. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
3. How did the Unfaithful birds die?
4. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
5. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
6. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
7. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
10. Why are otter cubs so prized?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence of the following people on Nhuong's life. What did each character teach him about life?
1. His cousin.
2. His father.
3. His grandmother.
Essay Topic 2
How would it have effected Nhuong and his family's life if the thieves had managed to steal Tank? Why is Tank so loyal to the family and the village, and what does this say about buffloas in general?
Essay Topic 3
What the importance of the following animals to the village?
1. Water buffaloes.
3. Otter cubs.
This section contains 1,225 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)