Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
7. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the influence of the following people on Nhuong's life. What did each character teach him about life?
1. His cousin.
2. His father.
3. His grandmother.
Essay Topic 2
What was Tank's role as a buffalo in his herd? Why did Tank become so important to the village?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)