|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A horse snake.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A hog.
(d) A tiger.
2. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(a) Crocodile skin.
(b) Coconut shells.
(d) Tiger skin.
3. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
(a) Burned down her house.
(b) Threw her savings into the river.
(c) Took all her medication.
(d) Killed her baby.
4. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) A hog.
(b) A lion.
(c) A tiger.
(d) An elephant.
5. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
(d) His cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
2. What did the son do for a living?
3. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
4. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
5. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trung save Lan?
2. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
3. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
4. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
5. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
6. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
7. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
8. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
9. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
10. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)