|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
(a) A net.
(b) A metal barrier.
(c) A mud bank.
(d) A log barrier.
2. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
(a) A knife.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A stick.
(d) A gun.
3. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
(a) A python.
(b) A rattle snake.
(c) A brown snake.
(d) An adder.
4. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A hog.
(c) A lion.
(d) An elephant.
5. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(b) Water snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
2. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
3. How did the monkey kill the child?
4. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
5. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
2. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
3. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
4. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
5. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
6. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
7. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
8. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
9. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
10. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)