|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
2. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
(a) Tapping its tail to get the fish to surface.
(b) Using a dead squirrel as bait.
(c) Digging a tunnel.
(d) Splashing out water.
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) His father was a karate expert.
(b) He was always passively aggressive.
(c) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(d) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
4. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) On a chain.
(b) In a cage.
(c) In a shed outside.
(d) In a pit.
5. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) Under the sand.
(b) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
(c) In the mud beneath the water.
(d) In the bottom of trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the monkey kill the child?
2. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
3. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
4. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
5. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
2. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
3. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
4. How did Trung save Lan?
5. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
6. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
7. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
8. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
9. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
10. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)