|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
(a) She killed the crocodile.
(b) She buried herself.
(c) She climbed a tree.
(d) She swam to an island.
2. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
3. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) Coffee fields.
(c) Rice fields.
(d) Poppy fields.
4. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
5. How do fishermen paralyze hogfish?
(a) By ticking its belly.
(b) By pulling its tail.
(c) By covering its eyes.
(d) By creating noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
2. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
3. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
4. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
5. What is the name of Turng's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
2. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
3. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
4. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
5. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
6. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
7. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
8. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
9. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
10. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)