|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(b) Earth worms.
2. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Fine Young Man.
(b) Faithful One.
(c) The Strong One.
(d) The Elegant One.
3. What is the name of Turng's wife?
4. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
(a) It is a sacred creature.
(b) Its skin makes for strong shoes.
(c) It is delicious to eat.
(d) It is worth alot of money.
5. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
(a) When he met her in secret.
(b) When he spoke her name in his sleep.
(c) When he cried when she forgot his birthday.
(d) When he threatened to kill himself after she had been offered a place at university.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
2. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
3. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
4. Where does an eel build his nest?
5. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
2. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
3. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
4. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
5. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
6. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
7. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
8. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
9. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
10. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)