|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A hog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A horse snake.
(d) A crocodile.
2. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
(a) He kept on hearing Lan's voice.
(b) He decided to hunt for the crocodile that killed Lan.
(c) He kept on trying to take his own life.
(d) He kept on talking to himself.
3. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A virgin's face.
(b) A dead animal's body.
(c) A dead person's chest.
(d) A dead person's face.
4. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
(a) A gold eel.
(b) A brown eel.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A silver eel.
5. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(a) Crocodile skin.
(c) Coconut shells.
(d) Tiger skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
2. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
3. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
4. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
5. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
2. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
3. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
4. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
5. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
6. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
7. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
8. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
9. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
10. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)