|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
2. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
3. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(d) Earth worms.
4. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The cinema.
(b) The theater.
(d) The mall openings.
5. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would get nothing.
(b) He would only gets its jaw.
(c) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(d) He would only get get half of the eel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
2. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
3. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
4. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
5. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
2. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
3. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
4. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
5. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
6. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
7. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
8. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
9. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
10. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)