|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The goldfish.
(b) The silver fish.
(c) The buffalo fish.
(d) The hogfish.
2. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her children.
3. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a shed outside.
(b) In a pit.
(c) On a chain.
(d) In a cage.
4. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
(a) A banyan leaf.
(b) Tree leaves.
(c) A dead hog.
(d) Vine leaves.
5. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A horse.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A hog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does an eel build his nest?
2. What is the name of Turng's wife?
3. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
4. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
5. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
2. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
3. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
4. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
5. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
6. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
7. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
8. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
9. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
10. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)