|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A stick.
2. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
3. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To kill a smaller animal.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To get a drink of water.
(d) To check on his family.
4. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died of the flu.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She died in her sleep.
(d) She died of a stoke.
5. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Capture a horse snake.
(b) Tame a wild hog.
(c) Train monkeys.
(d) Train dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
2. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
3. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
4. Where does an eel build his nest?
5. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trung save Lan?
2. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
3. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
4. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
5. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
6. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
7. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
8. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
9. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
10. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)