|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
(a) The windy season.
(b) The sunny season.
(c) The tornado season.
(d) The rainy season.
2. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
3. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The stomach.
(b) The chin.
(c) The eye.
(d) The ribcage.
4. What did the son do for a living?
(b) Buying and selling.
(d) Running a bar.
5. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
(a) Bite off its feet so it would drown on its own.
(b) Bite its foot and pull it under the water.
(c) Lure it into the deeper parts of the water and then kill it.
(d) Poison it and then come back for it later.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
2. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
3. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
4. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
5. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
2. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
3. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
4. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
5. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
6. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
7. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
8. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
9. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
10. How did Trung save Lan?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)