|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A candlemaker.
(d) A woodcutter.
2. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) Poppy fields.
(c) Rice fields.
(d) Coffee fields.
3. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A knife.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A gun.
(d) A stick.
4. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The cinema.
(b) The mall openings.
(d) The theater.
5. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Finding One's Self.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) Funny Birds.
(d) A Utopian Vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
2. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
3. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
4. What did the son do for a living?
5. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
2. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
3. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
4. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
5. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
6. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
7. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
8. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
9. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
10. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)