|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
2. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) On a chain.
(b) In a pit.
(c) In a cage.
(d) In a shed outside.
3. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Sending out smoke signals.
(b) Blowing his whistle.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Beating his chest.
4. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
(a) Killed her baby.
(b) Burned down her house.
(c) Took all her medication.
(d) Threw her savings into the river.
5. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
Short Answer Questions
1. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
2. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
3. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
4. How did grandmother eventually die?
5. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
2. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
3. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
4. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
7. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
8. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
9. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
10. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)