|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Funny Birds.
(b) Finding One's Self.
(c) Little Altar on the roadside.
(d) A Utopian Vision.
2. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Strangled it.
(b) Chopped it up.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Shot it.
3. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The silver fish.
(b) The goldfish.
(c) The hogfish.
(d) The buffalo fish.
4. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She cried.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She slapped the man.
(d) She fainted.
5. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Corn fields.
(b) Rice fields.
(c) Coffee fields.
(d) Poppy fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
2. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
3. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
4. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
5. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
2. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
3. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
4. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
5. How did Trung save Lan?
6. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
7. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
8. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
9. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
10. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)