|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
2. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(b) Coconut shells.
(c) Tiger skin.
(d) Crocodile skin.
3. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) She was a monkey trainer.
(c) She needed help around the house.
(d) She needed protection.
4. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In a pit.
(c) In a shed outside.
(d) On a chain.
5. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A stick.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
2. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
3. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
4. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
5. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
2. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
3. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
6. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
7. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
8. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
9. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
10. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)