|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her husband.
2. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
(a) A eel lamp.
(b) A hogfish lamp.
(c) A tiger lamp.
(d) A catfish lamp.
3. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Funny Birds.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) A Utopian Vision.
(d) Finding One's Self.
4. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
5. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A hog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A horse snake.
(d) A crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
3. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
4. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
5. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Trung react to Lan's disappearance?
2. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
3. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
4. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
5. How did Grandmother save her family form bandits?
6. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
7. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
8. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
9. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
10. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)