|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The river.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ocean.
(d) Her pond.
2. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She shot the doctor.
(d) She fell down dead.
3. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The mall openings.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The theater.
4. What is the name of Turng's wife?
5. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A porter.
(b) A baker.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A loon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
2. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
3. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
4. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
5. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
2. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
3. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
4. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
5. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
6. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
7. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
8. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
9. How did Trung save Lan?
10. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)