|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Poppy fields.
(b) Coffee fields.
(c) Corn fields.
(d) Rice fields.
2. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
3. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(b) Bamboo sticks.
(d) Sugar cane.
4. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The ribcage.
(b) The eye.
(c) The chin.
(d) The stomach.
5. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
(a) She forced her family to look sad when he arrived.
(b) She gave him large tips.
(c) She cried until he gave him.
(d) She threatened to tell his superior that he he was sleeping with his patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the mother react to her son's death?
2. What does grandmother love attending?
3. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
4. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
5. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
2. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
3. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
4. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
5. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
6. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
7. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
8. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
9. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
10. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)