|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Chopped it up.
(b) Shot it.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Strangled it.
2. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A woodcutter.
(c) A carpenter.
(d) A candlemaker.
3. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
(b) Under the sand.
(c) In the bottom of trees.
(d) In the mud beneath the water.
4. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The chin.
(b) The eye.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The ribcage.
5. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Sending out smoke signals.
(b) Beating his chest.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Blowing his whistle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lan take her bath?
2. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
3. How did the mother react to her son's death?
4. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
5. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)