|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Beating his chest.
(b) Sending out smoke signals.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Blowing his whistle.
2. What does grandmother love attending?
(b) The mall openings.
(c) The theater.
(d) The cinema.
3. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
(a) Fishing nets.
4. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(c) Earth worms.
5. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(a) Sugar cane.
(b) Bamboo sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
2. How did the mother react to her son's death?
3. Where does an eel build his nest?
4. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
5. How did the monkey kill the child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
2. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
3. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
4. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
5. How did the hunters eventually kill the horse snake?
6. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
7. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
8. Why did Trung and Lan's family split them up?
9. How did Trung save Lan?
10. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)