|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To get a drink of water.
(b) To kill a smaller animal.
(c) To check on his family.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
2. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Train dogs.
(b) Capture a horse snake.
(c) Train monkeys.
(d) Tame a wild hog.
3. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His grandmother.
4. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A hog.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A horse.
5. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only get get half of the eel.
(b) He would only gets its jaw.
(c) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(d) He would get nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
2. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
3. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
4. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
5. Where does an eel build his nest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nhuong have to keep his otter in a cage?
2. How did the son die from the bamboo bed?
3. How did Nhuong's grandmother entertain herself in her old age?
4. How did Nhuong and the old man catch the white catfish?
5. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
6. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
7. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
8. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
9. Describe the opera Nhuong and his grandmother attend in this section?
10. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)