|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its gills.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its fins.
2. How does the second farmer alert the hamlet of the wild hog?
(a) Blowing his horn.
(b) Setting light to a tree.
(d) Setting off a flare.
3. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
(a) To prove he was still a man.
(b) For help.
(c) For food.
(d) To turn his aggression on someone weaker.
4. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
(d) The cattle.
5. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) German mustard.
(b) Indian mustard.
(c) French mustard.
(d) English mustard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most feared animal on the river?
2. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
3. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
4. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
5. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
2. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
3. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
4. What is the ideal buffalo?
5. Why are otter cubs so prized?
6. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
7. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
8. How did Tank escape the thieves?
9. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
10. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)