|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(a) Nhuong's cousin.
(b) Nhuong's father.
(c) Nhuong's brother.
2. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The armor tree.
(b) The oil tree.
(c) The sap tree.
(d) The protecting tree.
3. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Protecting the village from thieves.
(b) Carrying shopping back from town.
(d) Protecting the herd from tigers.
4. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) An ape bridge.
(b) A draw bridge.
(c) A monkey bridge.
(d) A buffalo bridge.
5. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
(a) His forehead.
(b) His chin.
(c) His hind legs.
(d) His nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most feared animal on the river?
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
3. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
4. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
5. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
2. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
3. Why are otter cubs so prized?
4. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
5. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
6. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
7. What is the ideal buffalo?
8. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
9. How did Tank escape the thieves?
10. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)