|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
(a) Wild chickens.
(b) Wild boar.
(c) Wild hogs.
(d) Wild buffalo.
2. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
3. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
(b) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(c) They were always followed by tigers.
(d) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
4. What were the houses in the village made of?
(b) Tree bark.
(c) Sugar cane.
5. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The oil tree.
(b) The protecting tree.
(c) The sap tree.
(d) The armor tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
2. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
3. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
4. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
5. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would fisherman catch the hogfish?
2. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
3. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
4. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
5. How did Nhuong's father use his monkey to catch squirrels?
6. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
7. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
8. How Nyoung's grandmother protect her husband in the restaurant?
9. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
10. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)