|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal would the villagers use as bait to catch a catfish?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A rat.
(d) An otter.
2. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By looking in its eyes.
(b) By holding its head.
(c) By biting its tail.
(d) By stroking its body.
3. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) They were a delicacy.
(b) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(c) They could be taught to follow commands.
(d) They could be taught to catch fish.
4. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) Inside his tractor.
(b) On top of a clump of grass.
(c) Behind a shed.
(d) In a flower pot.
5. What did the author name his buffalo?
(d) Big Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
2. Where had most of the patient and obedient buffalo been raised?
3. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
4. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
5. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
3. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
4. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
5. Why are otter cubs so prized?
6. How did the villagers stop wild animals from getting into their houses?
7. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
8. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
9. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
10. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)