|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The sap tree.
(b) The oil tree.
(c) The armor tree.
(d) The protecting tree.
2. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Broke it.
(b) Threw it in the trench.
(c) Covered it with oil.
(d) Pulled it in.
3. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Why is his stomach so big?
(b) Why is he always so grumpy?
(c) Why can he run so fast?
(d) Who are his parents?
4. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His head.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His feet.
(d) His tail.
5. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
2. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
3. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
4. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
5. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
2. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
3. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
4. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
6. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
7. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
8. What is an otter's party?
9. What is the ideal buffalo?
10. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)