|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its tail.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its teeth.
2. How does the second farmer alert the hamlet of the wild hog?
(a) Setting off a flare.
(b) Blowing his horn.
(d) Setting light to a tree.
3. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
4. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
(a) In the rice fields.
(b) Tied to a tree.
(c) Swimming in the lake.
(d) In someone's yard.
5. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
(a) She clawed his leg.
(b) She scratched his back.
(c) She bit his toes.
(d) She jumped on his back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the men tire the hog?
2. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
3. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
4. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did grandmother cause the town to fear her husband?
2. How did Nhuong's father use his monkey to catch squirrels?
3. How does Tank die?
4. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
5. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
6. What had the horse fish done in an attempt to get to the fish in the pond?
7. How did the peddler catch the fourteen monkeys?
8. How did the peddler teach monkey to eat rice with a spoon?
9. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
10. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)