|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
(a) The hog's heart.
(b) The hog's tusks.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His hunting knife.
2. What is the name for a wild hog's home?
(a) A pen.
(b) A coop.
(c) A farm.
(d) A harem.
3. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(a) Water buffalo.
(d) Wild boars.
4. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His feet.
(b) His head.
(c) His tail.
(d) His eyes.
5. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his the leg.
(b) He gored his buttocks.
(c) He stamped on his foot.
(d) He bit his nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
2. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
3. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
4. What did Hung make a dummy of?
5. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
2. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
3. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
4. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
5. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
6. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
7. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
8. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
9. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
10. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)