|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He bit his nose.
(b) He gored his buttocks.
(c) He gored his the leg.
(d) He stamped on his foot.
2. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Why is he always so grumpy?
(b) Why is his stomach so big?
(c) Why can he run so fast?
(d) Who are his parents?
3. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) An adder.
(b) A grass snake.
(c) A python.
(d) A horse snake.
4. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) During child birth.
(b) She was murdered by thieves.
(c) She was killed by a crocodile.
(d) In a car accident.
5. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Fur traders.
(b) Buffalo thieves.
(c) Government officials.
(d) Buffalo traders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
2. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
3. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
4. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
5. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. Why are otter cubs so prized?
4. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
5. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
6. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
7. What is the ideal buffalo?
8. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)