|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his the leg.
(b) He bit his nose.
(c) He stamped on his foot.
(d) He gored his buttocks.
2. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
(a) They would refuse any other leaders.
(b) They would walk off a cliff.
(c) They would eat their calves.
(d) They would follow the winner home.
3. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A buffalo bridge.
(b) An ape bridge.
(c) A draw bridge.
(d) A monkey bridge.
4. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
5. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
2. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
3. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
4. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
5. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
2. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
3. How did the villagers stop wild animals from getting into their houses?
4. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
5. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
6. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
7. What is an otter's party?
8. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
9. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
10. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)