|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A trench.
(c) A car.
(d) A shed.
2. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(c) Sugar cane.
(d) Rice plants.
3. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pinching its belly.
(b) By tickling its belly.
(c) By biting its tail.
(d) By pressing its forehead.
4. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) They were a delicacy.
(b) They could be taught to follow commands.
(c) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(d) They could be taught to catch fish.
5. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
(a) His dog.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A strange smell.
(d) The hog's tusks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
2. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
3. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
4. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
5. How do the men tire the hog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is an otter's party?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
4. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
5. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
6. Why are otter cubs so prized?
7. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
8. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
9. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
10. How did the villagers stop wild animals from getting into their houses?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)