|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(a) Nhuong's father.
(c) Nhuong's cousin.
(d) Nhuong's brother.
2. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
(a) Organize a party.
(b) Sing songs.
(c) Teach the children.
(d) Build furniture.
3. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
4. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
(a) His nose.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His hind legs.
(d) His chin.
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Covered it with oil.
(b) Pulled it in.
(c) Broke it.
(d) Threw it in the trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the wild hogs live?
2. In which country is the story set?
3. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
4. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
5. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
2. How did the crocodile get at Lan?
3. Why are Unfaithful birds called unfaithful?
4. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
5. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
6. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
7. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
8. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
9. What is the ideal buffalo?
10. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)