|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
2. How did Nhuong's cousin help him capture the otter cubs?
(a) He tempted them with food.
(b) He killed the mother otter.
(c) He held the mother otter.
(d) He blocked their escape.
3. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A fishing line on its own.
(b) A spear.
(c) A bamboo pole.
(d) A metal pole.
4. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(a) Rice cake.
(b) Brown sugar.
(c) A piece of fish.
5. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) She was murdered by thieves.
(b) During child birth.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) She was killed by a crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
2. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
3. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
4. What did Hung make a dummy of?
5. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
Short Essay Questions
1. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
2. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
3. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
4. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
5. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
6. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
7. How did Tank escape the thieves?
8. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
9. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
10. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)