|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) German mustard.
(b) Indian mustard.
(c) French mustard.
(d) English mustard.
2. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pinching its belly.
(b) By tickling its belly.
(c) By biting its tail.
(d) By pressing its forehead.
3. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A water buffalo.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A wild hog.
(d) A crocodile.
4. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By biting its tail.
(b) By looking in its eyes.
(c) By stroking its body.
(d) By holding its head.
5. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A grass snake.
(b) A python.
(c) A horse snake.
(d) An adder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
2. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
3. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
4. What do the men use to make stretchers?
5. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ideal buffalo?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did Tank escape the thieves?
4. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
5. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
6. Why are otter cubs so prized?
7. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
8. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
9. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
10. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)