|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) They could be taught to follow commands.
(b) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(c) They were a delicacy.
(d) They could be taught to catch fish.
2. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its head.
(c) Its legs.
(d) Its tail.
3. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
4. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
(a) An albino calf.
(b) An energetic calf.
(c) A mixed-blood calf.
(d) A fierce calf.
5. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
(a) His shoes.
(b) The hog's heart.
(c) His hunting knife.
(d) The hog's tusks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
2. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
3. What was the most feared animal on the river?
4. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
5. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
2. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
3. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
4. What is the ideal buffalo?
5. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
6. How did Tank escape the thieves?
7. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
8. Why are otter cubs so prized?
9. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
10. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)