|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
(a) A pet.
(b) A god.
(c) A vegetarian.
(d) A man eater.
2. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They were always followed by tigers.
(b) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(c) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(d) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
3. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
(a) She scratched his back.
(b) She clawed his leg.
(c) She bit his toes.
(d) She jumped on his back.
4. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
5. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
2. Where had most of the patient and obedient buffalo been raised?
3. Where did the wild hogs live?
4. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
5. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
2. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
3. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
4. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
5. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
6. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
7. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
8. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
9. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
10. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)