|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(b) It would have thought he was its parent.
(c) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(d) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
2. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its fins.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its gills.
3. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its head.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its legs.
4. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
5. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
3. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
4. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
5. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
2. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
3. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
4. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
5. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
6. What is an otter's party?
7. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
8. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
9. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
10. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)