|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) His mother was cooking his favorite.
(b) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(c) His mother needed Tank's help.
(d) He had to finish his homework.
2. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A python.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) An adder.
(d) A grass snake.
3. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(c) Rich people.
4. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
(a) Wild boar.
(b) Wild chickens.
(c) Wild buffalo.
(d) Wild hogs.
5. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(b) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(c) It would have thought he was its parent.
(d) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men use to make stretchers?
2. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
3. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
4. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
5. Where had most of the patient and obedient buffalo been raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Nhuong's cousin teach the song birds different songs?
2. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
3. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
4. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
5. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
6. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
7. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
8. What is the ideal buffalo?
9. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
10. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)