|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The oil tree.
(b) The sap tree.
(c) The protecting tree.
(d) The armor tree.
2. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A shed.
(c) A car.
(d) A trench.
3. What did the author name his buffalo?
(c) Big Bill.
4. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its head.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its liver.
(d) Its heart.
5. What would the otters eat at their party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
2. How did Nhuong's cousin help him capture the otter cubs?
3. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
4. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
5. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
3. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
4. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
5. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
6. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
7. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
8. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
9. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
10. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)