|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Protecting the herd from tigers.
(b) Carrying shopping back from town.
(d) Protecting the village from thieves.
2. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) The next village.
(b) A city factory.
(c) The market place.
(d) The dock.
3. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its fins.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its gills.
4. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
5. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(a) Wild boars.
(b) Water buffalo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an otter's party?
2. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
3. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
4. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
5. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
2. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
3. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
4. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
5. Describe the authors role on the farm as a child?
6. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
7. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
8. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
9. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
10. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)