|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
2. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His feet.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His tail.
(d) His head.
3. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(b) His mother was cooking his favorite.
(c) He had to finish his homework.
(d) His mother needed Tank's help.
4. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
(a) In the rice fields.
(b) Swimming in the lake.
(c) Tied to a tree.
(d) In someone's yard.
5. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(a) Water buffalo.
(b) Wild boars.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is the story set?
2. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
3. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
4. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
5. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
2. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
3. How did Lang and Trung persuade their families that they should marry?
4. How does a fisherman capture a golden eel?
5. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
6. How did Nhuong train the unfaithful birds to come back at six in the evening?
7. How did the villagers travel from other villages and towns?
8. Why did Nhuong and his cousin burn the two-step snake?
9. How did Lan eventually escape the crocodile?
10. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)