|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
(a) She jumped on his back.
(b) She bit his toes.
(c) She clawed his leg.
(d) She scratched his back.
2. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
(a) Tied to a tree.
(b) In the rice fields.
(c) Swimming in the lake.
(d) In someone's yard.
3. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
(b) Branches and ivy.
(c) Sugar cane and vines.
(d) Bamboo canes and vines.
4. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
5. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
(a) A god.
(b) A man eater.
(c) A vegetarian.
(d) A pet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
2. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
3. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
4. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
5. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
2. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
3. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
4. What did the villagers do with the wild hog?
5. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
6. It what way did Tank prove to be very smart?
7. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
8. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
9. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
10. How did Tank protect his herd from the tiger?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)