|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) The school yard.
(c) A local wedding.
(d) A government meeting.
2. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
(a) A mixed-blood calf.
(b) An albino calf.
(c) An energetic calf.
(d) A fierce calf.
3. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(b) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(c) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
(d) They were always followed by tigers.
4. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
(a) The hog's tusks.
(b) His dog.
(c) A strange smell.
(d) His daughter.
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Broke it.
(b) Covered it with oil.
(c) Threw it in the trench.
(d) Pulled it in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
2. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
3. What would the otters eat at their party?
4. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
5. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
2. How did Tank escape the thieves?
3. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
4. Why are lone wild hogs more dangerous than a herd of wild hogs?
5. Why was the horse snake the most feared animal?
6. What problems did the wild hog cause the farmers it attacked?
7. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
8. How did Nhuong's cousin tame a python?
9. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
10. How did the female otter protect her cubs?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)