|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its fins.
(b) Its gills.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its tail.
2. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) French mustard.
(b) German mustard.
(c) Indian mustard.
(d) English mustard.
3. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(b) They could be taught to catch fish.
(c) They could be taught to follow commands.
(d) They were a delicacy.
4. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A python.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) An adder.
(d) A grass snake.
5. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
2. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
3. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
4. In which country is the story set?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Unfaithful birds die?
2. Why did Nhuong and his cousin burn the two-step snake?
3. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
4. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
5. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
6. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
7. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
8. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
9. Why was the author's father so important to the village?
10. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)