Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Why is his stomach so big?
(b) Who are his parents?
(c) Why can he run so fast?
(d) Why is he always so grumpy?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's alone.
(c) When it's in a group.
(d) When it's young.
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
(a) His chin.
(b) His nose.
(c) His hind legs.
(d) His forehead.
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They had a different diet.
(b) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(c) They were spoiled.
(d) They never had to look after themselves.
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
(a) Sugar cane.
(c) Tree bark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
2. Where did the wild hogs live?
3. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
4. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
5. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Tank escape the thieves?
2. What is the best way for a hunter to kill a lone wild hog?
3. How did the author's friend train his monkey to pick tea leaves?
4. How would grandmother get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. Why is a horse snake so dangerous?
6. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
7. How did the monkey burn down the old lady's house?
8. How did Trung save Lan?
9. How did Mr. Short lose his tail?
10. How did the monkey kill the butcher's child?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)