|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
(b) Humming birds.
(d) Song birds.
2. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
(a) Organize a party.
(b) Build furniture.
(c) Teach the children.
(d) Sing songs.
3. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Strangle them.
(c) Drown them.
(d) Eat them.
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(b) They had a different diet.
(c) They never had to look after themselves.
(d) They were spoiled.
5. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his buttocks.
(b) He stamped on his foot.
(c) He bit his nose.
(d) He gored his the leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
2. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
3. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
4. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
5. What is an otter's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the thieves make sure that Tank could not thrash around and snap the rope that tied him to the tree?
2. What did the author learn on his first trip to the jungle?
3. What would it have meant if Tank was killed by the bull in the section?
4. How did the villagers stop wild animals from getting into their houses?
5. How did the crocodile attack the villagers?
6. Why are wild hogs so difficult to kill?
7. Why did Nhuong call his new buffalo Tank?
8. How did the farmers use their dogs to capture the wild hogs?
9. Why were tigers such a nuisance to the villagers?
10. How did Mr. Short's life change after the loss of his tail?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)