|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
(a) She cried until he gave him.
(b) She forced her family to look sad when he arrived.
(c) She gave him large tips.
(d) She threatened to tell his superior that he he was sleeping with his patients.
2. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A fool.
(b) A goat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A rascal.
3. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
(a) He kept on trying to take his own life.
(b) He kept on talking to himself.
(c) He kept on hearing Lan's voice.
(d) He decided to hunt for the crocodile that killed Lan.
4. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) An eel.
(b) A rat.
(c) A snake.
(d) A mouse.
5. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The theater.
(b) The mall openings.
(d) The cinema.
6. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
7. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
8. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Blowing his horn.
(b) Blowing his whistle.
(c) Beating his chest.
(d) Sending out smoke signals.
9. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died in her sleep.
(b) She died of the flu.
(c) She died of a heart attack.
(d) She died of a stoke.
10. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A hog.
11. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
(a) Threw her savings into the river.
(b) Killed her baby.
(c) Burned down her house.
(d) Took all her medication.
12. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The ribcage.
(b) The eye.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The chin.
13. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Fine Young Man.
(b) The Elegant One.
(c) The Strong One.
(d) Faithful One.
14. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
(a) Old lady.
(c) Old man.
15. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The buffalo fish.
(b) The hogfish.
(c) The silver fish.
(d) The goldfish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the son do for a living?
2. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
3. What is the name of Turng's wife?
4. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
5. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)