|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) A Utopian Vision.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) Funny Birds.
(d) Finding One's Self.
2. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) Her pond.
(b) The lake.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
3. What is the name of Turng's wife?
4. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only gets its jaw.
(b) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(c) He would only get get half of the eel.
(d) He would get nothing.
5. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A rat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A at.
(d) A dog.
6. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The theater.
(c) The mall openings.
(d) The cinema.
7. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
(a) When he threatened to kill himself after she had been offered a place at university.
(b) When he met her in secret.
(c) When he cried when she forgot his birthday.
(d) When he spoke her name in his sleep.
8. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
(a) She was lonely.
(b) She was a monkey trainer.
(c) She needed help around the house.
(d) She needed protection.
9. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bamboo cane.
(c) A bush.
(d) An ape.
10. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To check on his family.
(b) To kill a smaller animal.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To get a drink of water.
11. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Sending out smoke signals.
(b) Beating his chest.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Blowing his whistle.
12. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
13. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Rice fields.
(b) Poppy fields.
(c) Coffee fields.
(d) Corn fields.
14. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
(a) A drama.
(c) A musical.
(d) A comedy.
15. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A stick.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
2. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
3. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
4. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
5. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)