|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Strong One.
(b) The Fine Young Man.
(c) The Elegant One.
(d) Faithful One.
2. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
(a) Threw her savings into the river.
(b) Took all her medication.
(c) Burned down her house.
(d) Killed her baby.
3. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(a) Crocodile skin.
(b) Tiger skin.
(d) Coconut shells.
4. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Beating his chest.
(b) Sending out smoke signals.
(c) Blowing his whistle.
(d) Blowing his horn.
5. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A rat.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A at.
6. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only gets its jaw.
(b) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(c) He would get nothing.
(d) He would only get get half of the eel.
7. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
8. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
(a) A log barrier.
(b) A mud bank.
(c) A metal barrier.
(d) A net.
9. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
10. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
(a) Splashing out water.
(b) Using a dead squirrel as bait.
(c) Tapping its tail to get the fish to surface.
(d) Digging a tunnel.
11. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
(a) Old man.
(c) Old lady.
12. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) Goodness Me.
(b) The Flatterer.
(c) Faithful One.
13. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
14. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
(a) Vine leaves.
(b) A dead hog.
(c) A banyan leaf.
(d) Tree leaves.
15. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) Her pond.
(b) The ocean.
(c) The river.
(d) The lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the son do for a living?
2. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
3. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
4. How did grandmother eventually die?
5. What does grandmother love attending?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)