|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandchildren.
2. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A virgin's face.
(b) A dead person's face.
(c) A dead person's chest.
(d) A dead animal's body.
3. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The ocean.
(b) Her pond.
(c) The river.
(d) The lake.
4. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His father.
(c) His grandmother.
(d) His cousin.
5. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A guard dog.
(c) A gun.
(d) A fire.
6. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(a) Earth worms.
7. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
8. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
(a) A brown eel.
(b) A silver eel.
(c) A gold eel.
(d) An electric eel.
9. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
10. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
(a) When he cried when she forgot his birthday.
(b) When he spoke her name in his sleep.
(c) When he threatened to kill himself after she had been offered a place at university.
(d) When he met her in secret.
11. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She shot the doctor.
(c) She fell down dead.
(d) She laughed.
12. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The main hero.
(c) The wise old lady.
(d) The young heroine.
13. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Fine Young Man.
(b) Faithful One.
(c) The Strong One.
(d) The Elegant One.
14. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) Goodness Me.
(c) The Flatterer.
(d) Faithful One.
15. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Train dogs.
(b) Train monkeys.
(c) Tame a wild hog.
(d) Capture a horse snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
3. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
4. Where does an eel build his nest?
5. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)