|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The young heroine.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The wise old lady.
(d) The main hero.
2. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A hog.
3. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To fish.
(b) To pick coconuts.
(c) To do their shopping.
(d) To send messages.
4. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A at.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
5. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A dead person's face.
(b) A virgin's face.
(c) A dead animal's body.
(d) A dead person's chest.
6. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(a) Crocodile skin.
(b) Tiger skin.
(c) Coconut shells.
7. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Little Altar on the roadside.
(b) A Utopian Vision.
(c) Finding One's Self.
(d) Funny Birds.
8. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To go to the bathroom.
(b) To kill a smaller animal.
(c) To check on his family.
(d) To get a drink of water.
9. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
10. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(a) Bamboo sticks.
(d) Sugar cane.
11. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(d) Earth worms.
12. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
(a) Her ripped clothes.
(b) Strands of her hair.
(c) Her blood.
(d) One of her fingers.
13. What did the son do for a living?
(a) Buying and selling.
(c) Running a bar.
14. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(b) His father was a karate expert.
(c) He was always passively aggressive.
(d) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
15. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A baker.
(b) A loon.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
2. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
3. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
4. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
5. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)