|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died of the flu.
(b) She died of a stoke.
(c) She died in her sleep.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
2. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
3. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A butcher.
(b) A loon.
(c) A porter.
(d) A baker.
4. How do fishermen paralyze hogfish?
(a) By covering its eyes.
(b) By creating noise.
(c) By pulling its tail.
(d) By ticking its belly.
5. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(a) Water snakes.
6. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) His father was a karate expert.
(b) He was always passively aggressive.
(c) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
(d) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
7. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
(a) Using a dead squirrel as bait.
(b) Splashing out water.
(c) Digging a tunnel.
(d) Tapping its tail to get the fish to surface.
8. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The young heroine.
(b) The main hero.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The wise old lady.
9. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
(a) He killed a wild hog.
(b) He saved a child from a python.
(c) He killed a horse snake.
(d) He saved an old woman from a tiger.
10. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A hog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A horse snake.
11. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A dead person's chest.
(b) A dead animal's body.
(c) A virgin's face.
(d) A dead person's face.
12. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The ocean.
(b) The lake.
(c) The river.
(d) Her pond.
13. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To fish.
(b) To do their shopping.
(c) To pick coconuts.
(d) To send messages.
14. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) The Flatterer.
(b) Faithful One.
(c) Goodness Me.
15. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(b) Tiger skin.
(c) Coconut shells.
(d) Crocodile skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
2. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
3. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
4. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
5. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)