|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A woodcutter.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A candlemaker.
2. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
(a) A musical.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A drama.
3. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Elegant One.
(b) The Strong One.
(c) The Fine Young Man.
(d) Faithful One.
4. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) A snake.
(b) An eel.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
5. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The mall openings.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The theater.
6. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Finding One's Self.
(b) Funny Birds.
(c) A Utopian Vision.
(d) Little Altar on the roadside.
7. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) A gun.
(b) A fire.
(c) A guard dog.
(d) An arrow.
8. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her grandchildren.
9. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
10. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
11. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A hog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
12. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(d) Earth worms.
13. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
(a) A dead hog.
(b) Vine leaves.
(c) Tree leaves.
(d) A banyan leaf.
14. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To fish.
(b) To send messages.
(c) To do their shopping.
(d) To pick coconuts.
15. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A at.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rat.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
2. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
3. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
4. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
5. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)