|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A knife.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bow and arrow.
2. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The river.
(b) Her pond.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The lake.
3. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
4. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Blowing his horn.
(b) Sending out smoke signals.
(c) Beating his chest.
(d) Blowing his whistle.
5. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To check on his family.
(b) To kill a smaller animal.
(c) To go to the bathroom.
(d) To get a drink of water.
6. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
(a) An adder.
(b) A rattle snake.
(c) A python.
(d) A brown snake.
7. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
8. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A baker.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A loon.
(d) A porter.
9. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A hog.
(d) A horse snake.
10. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A carpenter.
(b) A woodcutter.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A candlemaker.
11. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) A snake.
(b) An eel.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rat.
12. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
(a) He saved a child from a python.
(b) He killed a horse snake.
(c) He saved an old woman from a tiger.
(d) He killed a wild hog.
13. What is the name of Turng's wife?
14. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Chopped it up.
(b) Starved it.
(c) Shot it.
(d) Strangled it.
15. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died in her sleep.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She died of a stoke.
(d) She died of the flu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
2. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
3. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
4. How did the mother react to her son's death?
5. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)