|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her grandchildren.
(d) Her husband.
2. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died of a stoke.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She died of the flu.
(d) She died in her sleep.
3. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She slapped the man.
(d) She cried.
4. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
5. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
(a) His cousin.
6. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The eye.
(b) The chin.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The ribcage.
7. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To get a drink of water.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To kill a smaller animal.
(d) To check on his family.
8. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
(a) Chinese mythology.
(b) Bollywood films.
(c) Japanese mythology.
(d) Hollywood films.
9. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
(a) A rattle snake.
(b) A brown snake.
(c) An adder.
(d) A python.
10. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only gets its jaw.
(b) He would get nothing.
(c) He would only get get half of the eel.
(d) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
11. What does grandmother love attending?
(b) The cinema.
(c) The mall openings.
(d) The theater.
12. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
13. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
14. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A candlemaker.
(b) A carpenter.
(c) A woodcutter.
(d) A butcher.
15. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A at.
(b) A dog.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
2. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
3. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
4. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
5. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)