|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
(a) She was a monkey trainer.
(b) She needed protection.
(c) She needed help around the house.
(d) She was lonely.
2. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
(a) She threatened to tell his superior that he he was sleeping with his patients.
(b) She gave him large tips.
(c) She cried until he gave him.
(d) She forced her family to look sad when he arrived.
3. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
(a) One of her fingers.
(b) Her ripped clothes.
(c) Her blood.
(d) Strands of her hair.
4. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A horse snake.
(b) A hog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A crocodile.
5. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To fish.
(b) To send messages.
(c) To do their shopping.
(d) To pick coconuts.
6. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) He was always passively aggressive.
(b) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
(c) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(d) His father was a karate expert.
7. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
8. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
(a) Old man.
(d) Old lady.
9. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The hogfish.
(b) The goldfish.
(c) The buffalo fish.
(d) The silver fish.
10. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His father.
(d) His cousin.
11. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
(a) A tree.
(b) A bush.
(c) A bamboo cane.
(d) An ape.
12. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(d) Water snakes.
13. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The theater.
(b) The mall openings.
(c) The cinema.
14. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
(a) A dead hog.
(b) A banyan leaf.
(c) Vine leaves.
(d) Tree leaves.
15. What did the son do for a living?
(b) Buying and selling.
(d) Running a bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the monkey kill the child?
2. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
3. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
4. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
5. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)