|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) A lion.
(b) A hog.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A tiger.
2. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
3. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She slapped the man.
(b) She cried.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She fainted.
4. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The silver fish.
(b) The hogfish.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The buffalo fish.
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
(a) An electric eel.
(b) A silver eel.
(c) A brown eel.
(d) A gold eel.
6. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
(a) The windy season.
(b) The sunny season.
(c) The tornado season.
(d) The rainy season.
7. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
(a) Hollywood films.
(b) Chinese mythology.
(c) Japanese mythology.
(d) Bollywood films.
8. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To pick coconuts.
(b) To fish.
(c) To do their shopping.
(d) To send messages.
9. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) A Utopian Vision.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) Finding One's Self.
(d) Funny Birds.
10. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
(a) She buried herself.
(b) She killed the crocodile.
(c) She climbed a tree.
(d) She swam to an island.
11. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
12. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a pit.
(b) On a chain.
(c) In a cage.
(d) In a shed outside.
13. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
(b) He was always passively aggressive.
(c) His father was a karate expert.
(d) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
14. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(a) Crocodile skin.
(b) Tiger skin.
(c) Coconut shells.
15. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
2. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
3. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
4. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
5. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)