|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
(a) He killed a wild hog.
(b) He saved a child from a python.
(c) He killed a horse snake.
(d) He saved an old woman from a tiger.
2. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) Goodness Me.
(c) Faithful One.
(d) The Flatterer.
3. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Capture a horse snake.
(b) Train monkeys.
(c) Train dogs.
(d) Tame a wild hog.
4. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A loon.
(b) A butcher.
(c) A baker.
(d) A porter.
5. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The eye.
(b) The ribcage.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The chin.
6. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The wise old lady.
(b) The narrator.
(c) The main hero.
(d) The young heroine.
7. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In a pit.
(c) On a chain.
(d) In a shed outside.
8. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
(a) Fishing nets.
9. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Starved it.
(b) Shot it.
(c) Strangled it.
(d) Chopped it up.
10. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(b) Water snakes.
11. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The lake.
(b) The river.
(c) Her pond.
(d) The ocean.
12. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her children.
(b) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
13. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
(a) He decided to hunt for the crocodile that killed Lan.
(b) He kept on trying to take his own life.
(c) He kept on talking to himself.
(d) He kept on hearing Lan's voice.
14. What does grandmother love attending?
(b) The cinema.
(c) The theater.
(d) The mall openings.
15. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A rascal.
(b) A goat.
(c) A bull.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
2. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
3. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
4. What is the name of Turng's wife?
5. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)