|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the son do for a living?
(c) Buying and selling.
(d) Running a bar.
2. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She shot the doctor.
(d) She fell down dead.
3. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Poppy fields.
(b) Corn fields.
(c) Coffee fields.
(d) Rice fields.
4. What is the name of Turng's wife?
5. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
(a) He kept on trying to take his own life.
(b) He kept on hearing Lan's voice.
(c) He kept on talking to himself.
(d) He decided to hunt for the crocodile that killed Lan.
6. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His grandmother.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
7. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
8. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The wise old lady.
(b) The main hero.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The young heroine.
9. For which of the following reasons did humans keep monkeys?
(a) To send messages.
(b) To do their shopping.
(c) To fish.
(d) To pick coconuts.
10. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
(a) Hollywood films.
(b) Chinese mythology.
(c) Bollywood films.
(d) Japanese mythology.
11. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
12. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
13. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(b) Her children.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her husband.
14. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A dead person's face.
(b) A virgin's face.
(c) A dead person's chest.
(d) A dead animal's body.
15. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(d) Water snakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does an eel build his nest?
2. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
3. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
4. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
5. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)