|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
2. During what season did Nhuong and his cousin like to catch fish?
(a) The windy season.
(b) The tornado season.
(c) The rainy season.
(d) The sunny season.
3. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A hog.
(d) A lion.
4. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A hog.
(b) A leopard.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cheetah.
5. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
(a) A gold eel.
(b) A silver eel.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A brown eel.
6. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
(c) Fishing nets.
7. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only gets its jaw.
(b) He would only get get half of the eel.
(c) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(d) He would get nothing.
8. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A rascal.
(b) A fool.
(c) A goat.
(d) A bull.
9. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her grandchildren.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her children.
10. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(a) Water snakes.
11. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
(a) She needed protection.
(b) She was lonely.
(c) She needed help around the house.
(d) She was a monkey trainer.
12. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Starved it.
(b) Strangled it.
(c) Chopped it up.
(d) Shot it.
13. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The hogfish.
(b) The silver fish.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The buffalo fish.
14. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
15. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She fell down dead.
(c) She laughed.
(d) She shot the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
3. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
4. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
5. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)