|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The buffalo fish.
(b) The goldfish.
(c) The silver fish.
(d) The hogfish.
2. What kind of eel did Nhuong want to catch?
(a) A brown eel.
(b) A gold eel.
(c) A silver eel.
(d) An electric eel.
3. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
(a) Bite its foot and pull it under the water.
(b) Poison it and then come back for it later.
(c) Bite off its feet so it would drown on its own.
(d) Lure it into the deeper parts of the water and then kill it.
4. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would get nothing.
(b) He would only get get half of the eel.
(c) He would only gets its jaw.
(d) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
5. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She slapped the man.
(c) She cried.
(d) She laughed.
6. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
7. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
8. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
(a) A net.
(b) A metal barrier.
(c) A mud bank.
(d) A log barrier.
9. What did the son do for a living?
(a) Buying and selling.
(b) Running a bar.
10. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Shot it.
(b) Chopped it up.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Strangled it.
11. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(b) Faithful One.
(c) Goodness Me.
(d) The Flatterer.
12. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Blowing his whistle.
(b) Sending out smoke signals.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Beating his chest.
13. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A rascal.
(b) A bull.
(c) A goat.
(d) A fool.
14. According to tradition, what does a banyan leaf usually cover?
(a) A dead animal's body.
(b) A virgin's face.
(c) A dead person's chest.
(d) A dead person's face.
15. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(a) Sugar cane.
(d) Bamboo sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Turng's wife?
2. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
3. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
4. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
5. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)