|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would get nothing.
(b) He would only get get half of the eel.
(c) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(d) He would only gets its jaw.
2. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
(a) The Strong One.
(b) The Elegant One.
(c) The Fine Young Man.
(d) Faithful One.
3. Why did Nhuong's cousin become a hero?
(a) He killed a horse snake.
(b) He saved a child from a python.
(c) He saved an old woman from a tiger.
(d) He killed a wild hog.
4. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The chin.
(b) The eye.
(c) The stomach.
(d) The ribcage.
5. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She laughed.
(b) She fainted.
(c) She slapped the man.
(d) She cried.
6. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
(a) Old lady.
(b) Old man.
7. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) A gun.
(b) A fire.
(c) A guard dog.
(d) An arrow.
8. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Rice fields.
(b) Poppy fields.
(c) Corn fields.
(d) Coffee fields.
9. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A hog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A horse snake.
10. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Capture a horse snake.
(b) Train dogs.
(c) Train monkeys.
(d) Tame a wild hog.
11. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
(a) Her blood.
(b) Her ripped clothes.
(c) One of her fingers.
(d) Strands of her hair.
12. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A stick.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
13. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
(a) A comedy.
(b) A musical.
(d) A drama.
14. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
(c) His cousin.
15. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
(a) Bite its foot and pull it under the water.
(b) Poison it and then come back for it later.
(c) Lure it into the deeper parts of the water and then kill it.
(d) Bite off its feet so it would drown on its own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lan dressed herself in?
2. What does grandmother love attending?
3. How did the monkey ruin the old lady's life?
4. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
5. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)