|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rat.
(c) An eel.
(d) A mouse.
2. Where did grandma elbow the rascal?
(a) The ribcage.
(b) The stomach.
(c) The chin.
(d) The eye.
3. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A guard dog.
(c) A fire.
(d) A gun.
4. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died of a stoke.
(b) She died of the flu.
(c) She died of a heart attack.
(d) She died in her sleep.
5. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
6. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her grandchildren.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her children.
7. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(d) Water snakes.
8. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A horse snake.
(d) A hog.
9. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Rice fields.
(b) Poppy fields.
(c) Corn fields.
(d) Coffee fields.
10. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
(a) Fishing nets.
11. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The theater.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The mall openings.
12. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(b) Sugar cane.
(d) Bamboo sticks.
13. What is the name of Turng's wife?
14. How do fishermen paralyze hogfish?
(a) By covering its eyes.
(b) By creating noise.
(c) By pulling its tail.
(d) By ticking its belly.
15. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) Goodness Me.
(b) Faithful One.
(c) The Flatterer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
2. What were most opera in Vietnam based on in those days?
3. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
4. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
5. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)