|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
2. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her grandchildren.
3. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A hog.
(b) A cheetah.
(c) A horse.
(d) A leopard.
4. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
(a) A bamboo cane.
(b) An ape.
(c) A tree.
(d) A bush.
5. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) An eel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rat.
6. What had grandma's great uncle taught her?
7. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
8. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She shot the doctor.
(d) She fell down dead.
9. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would get nothing.
(b) He would only get get half of the eel.
(c) He would only gets its jaw.
(d) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
10. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
(b) His cousin.
11. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
(a) She forced her family to look sad when he arrived.
(b) She gave him large tips.
(c) She threatened to tell his superior that he he was sleeping with his patients.
(d) She cried until he gave him.
12. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A bull.
(b) A rascal.
(c) A fool.
(d) A goat.
13. Who does Nhuong's mother tell the old lady a story about?
(a) A baker.
(b) A loon.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A porter.
14. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
15. What does grandmother love attending?
(a) The mall openings.
(b) The cinema.
(c) The theater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
3. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
4. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
5. How did the monkey kill the child?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)