|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
(a) A hog.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A horse snake.
2. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
3. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(a) Sugar cane.
(b) Bamboo sticks.
4. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
(a) A metal barrier.
(b) A net.
(c) A log barrier.
(d) A mud bank.
5. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
(a) A hogfish lamp.
(b) A eel lamp.
(c) A catfish lamp.
(d) A tiger lamp.
6. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(c) Earth worms.
7. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) A fire.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A guard dog.
(d) A gun.
8. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
9. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(b) He was always passively aggressive.
(c) His father was a karate expert.
(d) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
10. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
11. What did the old lady keep with her after the monkey had ruined her life?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A stick.
(c) A knife.
(d) A gun.
12. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A bull.
(b) A goat.
(c) A fool.
(d) A rascal.
13. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To get a drink of water.
(b) To go to the bathroom.
(c) To kill a smaller animal.
(d) To check on his family.
14. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Chopped it up.
(b) Strangled it.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Shot it.
15. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A at.
(c) A rat.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
2. What is the name of Turng's wife?
3. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
5. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)