|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Turng's wife?
2. What did the townspeople used to burn on the altar?
3. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
(a) It is a sacred creature.
(b) Its skin makes for strong shoes.
(c) It is delicious to eat.
(d) It is worth alot of money.
4. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
(a) Poison it and then come back for it later.
(b) Bite its foot and pull it under the water.
(c) Lure it into the deeper parts of the water and then kill it.
(d) Bite off its feet so it would drown on its own.
5. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) In the bottom of trees.
(b) Under the sand.
(c) In the mud beneath the water.
(d) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
6. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The young heroine.
(b) The wise old lady.
(c) The main hero.
(d) The narrator.
7. What kind of theater production did Nhoung and his grandmother attend on New Year's Day?
(b) A musical.
(c) A comedy.
(d) A drama.
8. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
(a) A stick.
(b) A gun.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A knife.
9. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
(a) Her blood.
(b) Her ripped clothes.
(c) One of her fingers.
(d) Strands of her hair.
10. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The river.
(b) The ocean.
(c) Her pond.
(d) The lake.
11. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In a pit.
(c) In a shed outside.
(d) On a chain.
12. What did grandmother use to stop the bandit?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A gun.
(c) A fire.
(d) A guard dog.
13. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A cheetah.
(b) A horse.
(c) A hog.
(d) A leopard.
14. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Train monkeys.
(b) Train dogs.
(c) Tame a wild hog.
(d) Capture a horse snake.
15. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The silver fish.
(b) The hogfish.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The buffalo fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
2. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
3. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
4. Why did everyone in Trung's family think he was going mad?
5. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)