|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did grandmother eventually die?
(a) She died of the flu.
(b) She died of a heart attack.
(c) She died of a stoke.
(d) She died in her sleep.
2. What killed the mother's husband in the altar on the roadside story?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A hog.
(d) A lion.
3. What did the baby snake live off while trapped in the bamboo?
4. What kind of animal was it said the horse snake was as fast as?
(a) A hog.
(b) A horse.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A cheetah.
5. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
(d) Water snakes.
6. How would an eel try to kill an adult duck?
(a) Poison it and then come back for it later.
(b) Lure it into the deeper parts of the water and then kill it.
(c) Bite its foot and pull it under the water.
(d) Bite off its feet so it would drown on its own.
7. What is the name of the farmer who discovers the horse snake?
8. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) Under the sand.
(b) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
(c) In the mud beneath the water.
(d) In the bottom of trees.
9. What kind of creature covered the man's face?
(a) A at.
(b) A rat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A mouse.
10. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She slapped the man.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She fainted.
(d) She cried.
11. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Funny Birds.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) Finding One's Self.
(d) A Utopian Vision.
12. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The narrator.
(b) The main hero.
(c) The young heroine.
(d) The wise old lady.
13. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
(a) The buffalo fish.
(b) The hogfish.
(c) The goldfish.
(d) The silver fish.
14. Why did the crocodile leave Lan in the first place?
(a) To check on his family.
(b) To kill a smaller animal.
(c) To get a drink of water.
(d) To go to the bathroom.
15. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(b) His father was a karate expert.
(c) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
(d) He was always passively aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
2. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
3. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
4. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
5. Where did Lan take her bath?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)