|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
(a) A net.
(b) A log barrier.
(c) A mud bank.
(d) A metal barrier.
2. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
3. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Sending out smoke signals.
(b) Blowing his whistle.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Beating his chest.
4. Who would always play the hero in grandmas' plays?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her grandchildren.
5. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
(a) Digging a tunnel.
(b) Splashing out water.
(c) Tapping its tail to get the fish to surface.
(d) Using a dead squirrel as bait.
6. How did Nhuong's mother think the old lady should have kept her monkey?
(a) In a shed outside.
(b) In a pit.
(c) On a chain.
(d) In a cage.
7. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Train dogs.
(b) Train monkeys.
(c) Capture a horse snake.
(d) Tame a wild hog.
8. What did Huong use as bait for eel fishing?
(b) Earth worms.
9. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
10. Complete the following title "the monkey and the..."
(c) Old man.
(d) Old lady.
11. What did the son do for a living?
(a) Buying and selling.
(d) Running a bar.
12. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Poppy fields.
(b) Rice fields.
(c) Coffee fields.
(d) Corn fields.
13. What kind of snake does the author say the horse snake grew as large as?
(a) An adder.
(b) A brown snake.
(c) A python.
(d) A rattle snake.
14. What had Lan dressed herself in?
(b) Coconut shells.
(c) Tiger skin.
(d) Crocodile skin.
15. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
(a) A woodcutter.
(b) A candlemaker.
(c) A butcher.
(d) A carpenter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does an eel build his nest?
2. How do fishermen paralyze hogfish?
3. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
4. How did grandmother eventually die?
5. What did Trung's mother realize Trung should marry Lan?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)