|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Sending out smoke signals.
(b) Blowing his whistle.
(c) Blowing his horn.
(d) Beating his chest.
2. What did Lan used to help Trung's mother to fix?
(c) Fishing nets.
3. What was found inside the bed's bamboo stalks?
(a) A snake.
(b) An eel.
(c) A rat.
(d) A mouse.
4. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Chopped it up.
(b) Strangled it.
(c) Starved it.
(d) Shot it.
5. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) Finding One's Self.
(b) Little Altar on the roadside.
(c) A Utopian Vision.
(d) Funny Birds.
6. What was the horse snake doing to get at the fish in the pond?
(a) Tapping its tail to get the fish to surface.
(b) Digging a tunnel.
(c) Using a dead squirrel as bait.
(d) Splashing out water.
7. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) In the mud beneath the water.
(b) Under the sand.
(c) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
(d) In the bottom of trees.
8. Why is an eel so prized by fisherman?
(a) It is a sacred creature.
(b) Its skin makes for strong shoes.
(c) It is worth alot of money.
(d) It is delicious to eat.
9. Who would monkeys sometimes gang up on and kill?
10. How did Lan escape from the crocodile?
(a) She buried herself.
(b) She swam to an island.
(c) She climbed a tree.
(d) She killed the crocodile.
11. How did the mother react to her son's death?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She shot the doctor.
(c) She fell down dead.
(d) She laughed.
12. What role would grandmother play in her plays?
(a) The main hero.
(b) The young heroine.
(c) The wise old lady.
(d) The narrator.
13. How did the old lady react to the death of the monkey?
(a) She fainted.
(b) She laughed.
(c) She cried.
(d) She slapped the man.
14. Where did Lan take her bath?
(a) The lake.
(b) Her pond.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The river.
15. What kind of fields did the fish swim in?
(a) Rice fields.
(b) Poppy fields.
(c) Corn fields.
(d) Coffee fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
2. What was the name of the main protagonist in the opera?
3. How did grandmother eventually die?
4. What normally had separated the bathing area from dangerous animals?
5. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)