|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Turng's wife?
2. How did the monkey kill the child?
(a) Shot it.
(b) Chopped it up.
(c) Strangled it.
(d) Starved it.
3. What member of his family does Nhuong describe as physically weak?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His grandfather.
(d) His father.
4. Why did everyone assume Nhuong's grandfather was a great karate expert?
(a) His father was a karate expert.
(b) Grandma told everyone he taught her karate.
(c) He was always weraing a karate suit with a black belt.
(d) He was always passively aggressive.
5. What was the name of the villain in the opera?
(a) The Flatterer.
(b) Goodness Me.
(c) Faithful One.
6. What did the son do for a living?
(a) Buying and selling.
(b) Running a bar.
7. What did the son use to make a wedding bed?
(b) Sugar cane.
(c) Bamboo sticks.
8. How did Grandma get the doctor to give her his most powerful medicine?
(a) She gave him large tips.
(b) She cried until he gave him.
(c) She threatened to tell his superior that he he was sleeping with his patients.
(d) She forced her family to look sad when he arrived.
9. What kind of lamp attracted the horse snake?
(a) A tiger lamp.
(b) A hogfish lamp.
(c) A eel lamp.
(d) A catfish lamp.
10. Where does an eel build his nest?
(a) In the mud beneath the water.
(b) Under the sand.
(c) In holes it makes in the riverbank.
(d) In the bottom of trees.
11. What is the title of the first chapter in this section?
(a) A Utopian Vision.
(b) Finding One's Self.
(c) Little Altar on the roadside.
(d) Funny Birds.
12. What would happen if a fisherman pulled the fishline from the eel too early?
(a) He would only get the contents of its stomach.
(b) He would get nothing.
(c) He would only get get half of the eel.
(d) He would only gets its jaw.
13. What does grandmother love attending?
(b) The mall openings.
(c) The theater.
(d) The cinema.
14. What kind of profession did the mother want her son to move into?
15. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
(a) She was a monkey trainer.
(b) She needed help around the house.
(c) She was lonely.
(d) She needed protection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does grandmother say once defended himself against a horse snake?
2. What kind of river animals did the eels like to eat?
3. What had been placed over the son's head when the mother visited him at his cot?
4. What slipped through the log barrier to attack Lan?
5. Who did Nhuong use to drag eels from their nests?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)