|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
2. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
(a) A fierce calf.
(b) A mixed-blood calf.
(c) An albino calf.
(d) An energetic calf.
3. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(b) They could be taught to catch fish.
(c) They could be taught to follow commands.
(d) They were a delicacy.
4. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) A tiger.
5. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pinching its belly.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By tickling its belly.
(d) By pressing its forehead.
6. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
(a) In someone's yard.
(b) Swimming in the lake.
(c) Tied to a tree.
(d) In the rice fields.
7. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
(a) A river.
(d) A lake.
8. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) Behind a shed.
(b) On top of a clump of grass.
(c) Inside his tractor.
(d) In a flower pot.
9. How does the second farmer alert the hamlet of the wild hog?
(a) Setting off a flare.
(b) Setting light to a tree.
(c) Blowing his horn.
10. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Protecting the herd from tigers.
(b) Protecting the village from thieves.
(d) Carrying shopping back from town.
11. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They were spoiled.
(b) They had a different diet.
(c) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(d) They never had to look after themselves.
12. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A python.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A grass snake.
(d) An adder.
13. How do the men tire the hog?
(a) They set their dogs after it.
(b) They drive a truck after it.
(c) They set Tank after it.
(d) They push it into a trench.
14. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(b) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(c) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(d) It would have thought he was its parent.
15. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his the leg.
(b) He bit his nose.
(c) He gored his buttocks.
(d) He stamped on his foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
2. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
3. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
4. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
5. What do the men use to make stretchers?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)