|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's alone.
(c) When it's in a group.
(d) When it's young.
2. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
(a) Wild chickens.
(b) Wild boar.
(c) Wild hogs.
(d) Wild buffalo.
3. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A horse snake.
(b) A grass snake.
(c) An adder.
(d) A python.
4. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) In a car accident.
(b) She was killed by a crocodile.
(c) She was murdered by thieves.
(d) During child birth.
5. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
(c) Song birds.
(d) Humming birds.
6. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) An electric eel.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) An alligator.
7. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They never had to look after themselves.
(b) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(c) They were spoiled.
(d) They had a different diet.
8. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A small hut.
(b) A carrier.
(c) An iron cage.
(d) A bamboo cage.
9. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
(a) A pet.
(b) A god.
(c) A man eater.
(d) A vegetarian.
10. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
11. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(b) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
(c) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(d) They were always followed by tigers.
12. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A fishing line on its own.
(b) A bamboo pole.
(c) A spear.
(d) A metal pole.
13. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The mountains.
14. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its fins.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its gills.
15. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By looking in its eyes.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By stroking its body.
(d) By holding its head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
2. In which country is the story set?
3. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
4. What is the name for a wild hog's home?
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)