|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A water buffalo.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A wild hog.
(d) A tiger.
2. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(b) Nhuong's brother.
(c) Nhuong's cousin.
(d) Nhuong's father.
3. In which country is the story set?
4. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(a) Rice plants.
(b) Sugar cane.
5. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) Indian mustard.
(b) German mustard.
(c) English mustard.
(d) French mustard.
6. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pinching its belly.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By pressing its forehead.
(d) By tickling its belly.
7. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(b) The hunted.
8. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Broke it.
(b) Covered it with oil.
(c) Pulled it in.
(d) Threw it in the trench.
9. What would the otters eat at their party?
10. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its liver.
11. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its gills.
(d) Its fins.
12. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
(a) An injured wild hog.
(b) A tired wild hog.
(c) A lone wild hog.
(d) A hungry wild hog.
13. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(a) A piece of fish.
(b) Rice cake.
(c) Brown sugar.
14. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
(a) A horsesnake.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A wild hog.
15. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(c) Rich people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
2. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
3. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
4. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
5. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)