|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Protecting the village from thieves.
(b) Protecting the herd from tigers.
(d) Carrying shopping back from town.
2. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(c) Rich people.
3. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
4. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(b) Nhuong's father.
(c) Nhuong's brother.
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
5. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A horsesnake.
6. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
(a) A pit.
(b) A river.
(c) A trench.
(d) A lake.
7. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(a) Wild boars.
(c) Water buffalo.
8. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They were always followed by tigers.
(b) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
(c) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(d) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
9. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Fur traders.
(b) Government officials.
(c) Buffalo traders.
(d) Buffalo thieves.
10. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A water buffalo.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A wild hog.
11. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A buffalo bridge.
(b) A monkey bridge.
(c) A draw bridge.
(d) An ape bridge.
12. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) An iron cage.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A small hut.
(d) A bamboo cage.
13. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He stamped on his foot.
(b) He gored his buttocks.
(c) He bit his nose.
(d) He gored his the leg.
14. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Broke it.
(b) Pulled it in.
(c) Covered it with oil.
(d) Threw it in the trench.
15. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
2. What was the most feared animal on the river?
3. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
4. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
5. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)