|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
(a) Its behind.
(b) Its forehead.
(c) Its throat.
(d) Its belly.
2. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A bamboo pole.
(b) A fishing line on its own.
(c) A metal pole.
(d) A spear.
3. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(b) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(c) It would have thought he was its parent.
(d) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
4. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) An ape bridge.
(b) A monkey bridge.
(c) A buffalo bridge.
(d) A draw bridge.
5. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By looking in its eyes.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By stroking its body.
(d) By holding its head.
6. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
(b) Humming birds.
(c) Song birds.
7. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
8. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A water buffalo.
(d) A tiger.
9. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Water buffalo.
10. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its gills.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its fins.
11. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(c) Rich people.
12. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
(b) The cattle.
13. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(c) The hunted.
14. In which country is the story set?
15. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
2. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
3. How do the men tire the hog?
4. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
5. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)