|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
2. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Drown them.
(d) Strangle them.
3. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) She was murdered by thieves.
(b) In a car accident.
(c) She was killed by a crocodile.
(d) During child birth.
4. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A wrestler.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A demon.
(d) A devil.
5. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
6. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His head.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His tail.
(d) His feet.
7. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(a) Brown sugar.
(c) A piece of fish.
(d) Rice cake.
8. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its head.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its tail.
9. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(b) He stomped on the catfish.
(c) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(d) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
10. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
(b) Humming birds.
(d) Song birds.
11. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Sugar cane and vines.
(b) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
(c) Bamboo canes and vines.
(d) Branches and ivy.
12. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) An alligator.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A horse snake.
13. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(a) Nhuong's father.
(b) Nhuong's brother.
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
14. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Who are his parents?
(b) Why is his stomach so big?
(c) Why is he always so grumpy?
(d) Why can he run so fast?
15. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A grass snake.
(b) A python.
(c) An adder.
(d) A horse snake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one stop a snake from biting?
2. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
3. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
4. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
5. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)