|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Why is his stomach so big?
(b) Who are his parents?
(c) Why can he run so fast?
(d) Why is he always so grumpy?
2. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's alone.
(c) When it's in a group.
(d) When it's young.
3. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
(a) His chin.
(b) His nose.
(c) His hind legs.
(d) His forehead.
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They had a different diet.
(b) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(c) They were spoiled.
(d) They never had to look after themselves.
5. What were the houses in the village made of?
(a) Sugar cane.
(c) Tree bark.
6. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A wrestler.
(b) A demon.
(c) A devil.
(d) A boxer.
7. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The jungle.
8. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
(a) A vegetarian.
(b) A god.
(c) A man eater.
(d) A pet.
9. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would have thought he was its parent.
(b) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(c) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(d) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
10. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
11. What is the name for a wild hog's home?
(a) A harem.
(b) A farm.
(c) A coop.
(d) A pen.
12. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A water buffalo.
13. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(b) A piece of fish.
(c) Rice cake.
(d) Brown sugar.
14. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A buffalo bridge.
(b) A draw bridge.
(c) A monkey bridge.
(d) An ape bridge.
15. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He bit his nose.
(b) He gored his the leg.
(c) He gored his buttocks.
(d) He stamped on his foot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one stop a snake from biting?
2. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
3. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
4. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
5. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)