|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
(a) Swimming in the lake.
(b) In the rice fields.
(c) Tied to a tree.
(d) In someone's yard.
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
(a) Sugar cane.
(b) Tree bark.
3. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A bamboo pole.
(b) A spear.
(c) A metal pole.
(d) A fishing line on its own.
4. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(a) Rice plants.
(b) Sugar cane.
5. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
6. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
7. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
8. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
(a) Its throat.
(b) Its forehead.
(c) Its behind.
(d) Its belly.
9. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A local wedding.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) The school yard.
(d) A government meeting.
10. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
11. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
12. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) During child birth.
(b) She was killed by a crocodile.
(c) She was murdered by thieves.
(d) In a car accident.
13. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
14. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(b) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(c) He stomped on the catfish.
(d) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
15. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its tail.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its gills.
(d) Its fins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
2. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
3. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
4. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
5. What do the men use to make stretchers?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)