|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By biting its tail.
(b) By pressing its forehead.
(c) By tickling its belly.
(d) By pinching its belly.
2. How do the men tire the hog?
(a) They set Tank after it.
(b) They set their dogs after it.
(c) They drive a truck after it.
(d) They push it into a trench.
3. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) An electric eel.
4. What would the otters eat at their party?
5. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Fur traders.
(b) Buffalo thieves.
(c) Buffalo traders.
(d) Government officials.
6. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Covered it with oil.
(b) Threw it in the trench.
(c) Pulled it in.
(d) Broke it.
7. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Bamboo canes and vines.
(b) Sugar cane and vines.
(c) Branches and ivy.
(d) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
8. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
(a) A trench.
(b) Animal traps.
(d) A moat.
9. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(b) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(c) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(d) He stomped on the catfish.
10. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A water buffalo.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A wild hog.
11. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His tail.
(c) His head.
(d) His feet.
12. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
(a) A fierce calf.
(b) An albino calf.
(c) A mixed-blood calf.
(d) An energetic calf.
13. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
(a) He untied the rope from his nose.
(b) He paid gurads to watch the fields.
(c) He dug a trench around the fields.
(d) He kept Tank at home.
14. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
(a) The city.
(b) The mountains.
(d) The jungle.
15. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the wild hogs live?
2. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
3. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
4. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
5. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)