|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which part of the buffalo's body is very fragile?
(a) His forehead.
(b) His hind legs.
(c) His nose.
(d) His chin.
2. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
(a) A river.
(d) A lake.
3. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A bamboo cage.
(b) A small hut.
(c) An iron cage.
(d) A carrier.
4. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
(a) The jungle.
(b) The mountains.
(d) The city.
5. What did the author name his buffalo?
(c) Big Bill.
6. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By looking in its eyes.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By holding its head.
(d) By stroking its body.
7. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
(a) Wild buffalo.
(b) Wild hogs.
(c) Wild boar.
(d) Wild chickens.
8. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(b) Water buffalo.
(d) Wild boars.
9. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) He had to finish his homework.
(b) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(c) His mother needed Tank's help.
(d) His mother was cooking his favorite.
10. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
(a) For food.
(b) To prove he was still a man.
(c) For help.
(d) To turn his aggression on someone weaker.
11. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A crocodile.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A water buffalo.
12. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
13. How did Nhuong's cousin help him capture the otter cubs?
(a) He held the mother otter.
(b) He blocked their escape.
(c) He killed the mother otter.
(d) He tempted them with food.
14. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) On top of a clump of grass.
(b) Inside his tractor.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) Behind a shed.
15. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
2. What did Hung make a dummy of?
3. What do the men use to make stretchers?
4. What kind of people sought after catfish?
5. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)