|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
(a) He dug a trench around the fields.
(b) He untied the rope from his nose.
(c) He kept Tank at home.
(d) He paid gurads to watch the fields.
2. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His feet.
(b) His head.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His tail.
3. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Government officials.
(b) Fur traders.
(c) Buffalo thieves.
(d) Buffalo traders.
4. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A demon.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A devil.
(d) A wrestler.
5. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A horsesnake.
(d) A crocodile.
6. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The river.
(b) The forest.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The mountains.
7. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) Inside his tractor.
(b) Behind a shed.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) On top of a clump of grass.
8. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(b) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(c) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(d) He stomped on the catfish.
9. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) An alligator.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A horse snake.
10. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) A bear.
(d) An elephant.
11. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its fins.
(b) Its teeth.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its gills.
12. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
(a) His daughter.
(b) The hog's tusks.
(c) A strange smell.
(d) His dog.
13. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's alone.
(c) When it's in a group.
(d) When it's young.
14. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
(a) An injured wild hog.
(b) A lone wild hog.
(c) A hungry wild hog.
(d) A tired wild hog.
15. What is an otter's party?
(a) An otter's foray into the home of a human.
(b) An otter's march from one home to another.
(c) A rare gathering of otter's at the riverbank.
(d) An otter's protest at problems on the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
2. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
3. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
4. What kind of animals do Nhuong and his cousin hunt and cook alive?
5. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)