|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
(b) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(c) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(d) They were always followed by tigers.
2. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(b) His mother needed Tank's help.
(c) He had to finish his homework.
(d) His mother was cooking his favorite.
3. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A bear.
(c) A lion.
(d) An elephant.
4. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) On top of a clump of grass.
(b) Inside his tractor.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) Behind a shed.
5. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
(a) A car.
(b) A trench.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A shed.
6. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A python.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) A grass snake.
(d) An adder.
7. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A local wedding.
(b) The school yard.
(c) A government meeting.
(d) A supermarket.
8. What would the otters eat at their party?
9. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
(a) He drowned in the river.
(b) He died of a heart attack.
(c) He was murdered by thieves.
(d) He was killed by a wildhog.
10. Where had most of the patient and obedient buffalo been raised?
(a) The midlands.
(b) The lowlands.
(c) The highlands.
(d) The evenlands.
11. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A metal pole.
(b) A bamboo pole.
(c) A spear.
(d) A fishing line on its own.
12. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(d) The hunted.
13. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) She was murdered by thieves.
(b) During child birth.
(c) In a car accident.
(d) She was killed by a crocodile.
14. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
(a) The city.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The jungle.
15. What kind of animal was Mr. Short?
(a) A water buffalo.
(b) A wild hog.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A crocodile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
3. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
4. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
5. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)