|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Strangle them.
(b) Eat them.
(c) Drown them.
(d) Whip them.
2. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(b) His mother needed Tank's help.
(c) He had to finish his homework.
(d) His mother was cooking his favorite.
3. What did Hung make a dummy of?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A man.
(c) A child.
(d) A wild hog.
4. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
5. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its teeth.
(b) Its head.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its legs.
6. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The jungle.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The forest.
(d) The river.
7. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A small hut.
(c) An iron cage.
(d) A bamboo cage.
8. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
(a) Its throat.
(b) Its forehead.
(c) Its belly.
(d) Its behind.
9. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(b) Sugar cane.
(c) Rice plants.
10. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Carrying shopping back from town.
(c) Protecting the village from thieves.
(d) Protecting the herd from tigers.
11. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A devil.
(b) A boxer.
(c) A demon.
(d) A wrestler.
12. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
13. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) A horse snake.
(b) An alligator.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A crocodile.
14. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A horse snake.
(b) An adder.
(c) A grass snake.
(d) A python.
15. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
(a) Build furniture.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Sing songs.
(d) Organize a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
2. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
3. How does one stop a snake from biting?
4. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)