|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(b) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(c) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(d) He stomped on the catfish.
2. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his buttocks.
(b) He stamped on his foot.
(c) He bit his nose.
(d) He gored his the leg.
3. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(b) The hunted.
4. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pinching its belly.
(b) By tickling its belly.
(c) By pressing its forehead.
(d) By biting its tail.
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Threw it in the trench.
(b) Broke it.
(c) Covered it with oil.
(d) Pulled it in.
6. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
(a) They would follow the winner home.
(b) They would walk off a cliff.
(c) They would refuse any other leaders.
(d) They would eat their calves.
7. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A government meeting.
(b) The school yard.
(c) A local wedding.
(d) A supermarket.
8. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its liver.
(c) Its eyes.
(d) Its head.
9. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) An ape bridge.
(b) A monkey bridge.
(c) A buffalo bridge.
(d) A draw bridge.
10. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
(a) His daughter.
(b) A strange smell.
(c) His dog.
(d) The hog's tusks.
11. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
(a) A trench.
(b) A moat.
(d) Animal traps.
12. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A carrier.
(b) A bamboo cage.
(c) An iron cage.
(d) A small hut.
13. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
14. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
(a) They could be taught to catch fish.
(b) Their hide was worth alot of money.
(c) They could be taught to follow commands.
(d) They were a delicacy.
15. What would the otters eat at their party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
2. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
3. Where did the wild hogs live?
4. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
5. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)