|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the second farmer alert the hamlet of the wild hog?
(a) Setting light to a tree.
(b) Blowing his horn.
(d) Setting off a flare.
2. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
(a) An injured wild hog.
(b) A hungry wild hog.
(c) A tired wild hog.
(d) A lone wild hog.
3. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
4. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(b) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(c) He stomped on the catfish.
(d) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
5. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(c) Rich people.
6. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Whip them.
(b) Strangle them.
(c) Drown them.
(d) Eat them.
7. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
(a) The hog's tusks.
(b) His hunting knife.
(c) The hog's heart.
(d) His shoes.
8. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The protecting tree.
(b) The oil tree.
(c) The armor tree.
(d) The sap tree.
9. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A bear.
(d) A lion.
10. What was Tank's responsibility after he was retired from farming?
(a) Protecting the herd from tigers.
(c) Protecting the village from thieves.
(d) Carrying shopping back from town.
11. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's young.
(c) When it's in a group.
(d) When it's alone.
12. Who did Nhuong send to deliver a message to his family?
13. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(b) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(c) They were always followed by tigers.
(d) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
14. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A buffalo bridge.
(b) A monkey bridge.
(c) An ape bridge.
(d) A draw bridge.
15. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His head.
(b) His feet.
(c) His tail.
(d) His eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
2. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
3. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
4. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
5. Where had most of the patient and obedient buffalo been raised?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)