|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country is the story set?
2. What does Nhuong say disrupted his dreams?
3. What part of the catfish produces a harmful poison?
(a) Its fins.
(b) Its gills.
(c) Its tail.
(d) Its teeth.
4. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
(a) His hunting knife.
(b) The hog's tusks.
(c) His shoes.
(d) The hog's heart.
5. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A buffalo bridge.
(b) A draw bridge.
(c) A monkey bridge.
(d) An ape bridge.
6. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) The market place.
(b) A city factory.
(c) The next village.
(d) The dock.
7. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) His mother needed Tank's help.
(b) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(c) His mother was cooking his favorite.
(d) He had to finish his homework.
8. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) The school yard.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A government meeting.
(d) A local wedding.
9. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The forest.
(b) The river.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The jungle.
10. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's in a group.
(c) When it's alone.
(d) When it's young.
11. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(a) Nhuong's father.
(c) Nhuong's brother.
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
12. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(b) Brown sugar.
(c) Rice cake.
(d) A piece of fish.
13. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
(a) A horsesnake.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A wild hog.
14. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its liver.
15. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Branches and ivy.
(b) Sugar cane and vines.
(c) Bamboo canes and vines.
(d) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
2. What kind of animal would the villagers use as bait to catch a catfish?
3. What is the name of the boy who decided to put a stop to Mr. Short?
4. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
5. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)