|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A small hut.
(b) A carrier.
(c) A bamboo cage.
(d) An iron cage.
2. What kind of birds did Nhuong's cousin steal from a nest?
(b) Humming birds.
(c) Song birds.
3. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He stomped on the catfish.
(b) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(c) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(d) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
4. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) On top of a clump of grass.
(b) Behind a shed.
(c) In a flower pot.
(d) Inside his tractor.
5. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
6. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
(a) To prove he was still a man.
(b) For help.
(c) To turn his aggression on someone weaker.
(d) For food.
7. How did Nhuong's cousin's mother die?
(a) She was killed by a crocodile.
(b) During child birth.
(c) She was murdered by thieves.
(d) In a car accident.
8. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
(a) Build furniture.
(b) Teach the children.
(c) Organize a party.
(d) Sing songs.
9. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By tickling its belly.
(b) By biting its tail.
(c) By pressing its forehead.
(d) By pinching its belly.
10. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
(a) Its forehead.
(b) Its belly.
(c) Its throat.
(d) Its behind.
11. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
(a) He untied the rope from his nose.
(b) He kept Tank at home.
(c) He dug a trench around the fields.
(d) He paid gurads to watch the fields.
12. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An elephant.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bear.
13. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
(a) Why is he always so grumpy?
(b) Who are his parents?
(c) Why is his stomach so big?
(d) Why can he run so fast?
14. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
(a) A tractor.
(b) A shed.
(c) A trench.
(d) A car.
15. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
(a) A lake.
(b) A river.
(c) A pit.
(d) A trench.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
2. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
3. How does the second farmer alert the hamlet of the wild hog?
4. Where did the wild hogs live?
5. Why were otter cubs the most prized?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)