|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did the author look after on the family farm?
(b) Wild boars.
(c) Water buffalo.
2. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his buttocks.
(b) He gored his the leg.
(c) He bit his nose.
(d) He stamped on his foot.
3. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He stomped on the catfish.
(b) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(c) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
(d) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
4. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
(a) A wild hog.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A crocodile.
(d) A horsesnake.
5. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) He had to finish his homework.
(b) His mother needed Tank's help.
(c) His mother was cooking his favorite.
(d) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
6. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Strangle them.
(c) Whip them.
(d) Drown them.
7. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
(a) A python.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) An adder.
(d) A grass snake.
8. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(a) Sugar cane.
(c) Rice plants.
9. What was the name of the bird who stole Nhuong's cousin's birds?
10. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A monkey bridge.
(b) A draw bridge.
(c) An ape bridge.
(d) A buffalo bridge.
11. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Threw it in the trench.
(b) Covered it with oil.
(c) Pulled it in.
(d) Broke it.
12. What color clothing did Nhuong wear to camoflague himself from the otters?
13. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) The next village.
(b) The market place.
(c) A city factory.
(d) The dock.
14. What did Nhuong's father do to ensure Tank was not taken again?
(a) He paid gurads to watch the fields.
(b) He kept Tank at home.
(c) He dug a trench around the fields.
(d) He untied the rope from his nose.
15. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's hungry.
(b) When it's young.
(c) When it's alone.
(d) When it's in a group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
2. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
3. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
4. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
5. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)