|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A wrestler.
(c) A demon.
(d) A devil.
2. Why couldn't Nhuong stay for dinner?
(a) His mother needed Tank's help.
(b) He had to finish his homework.
(c) He was going out for dinner with his cousin.
(d) His mother was cooking his favorite.
3. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
4. Why did lowland buffalo not make good fighters?
(a) They were not brought up with fierce animals.
(b) They never had to look after themselves.
(c) They were spoiled.
(d) They had a different diet.
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Covered it with oil.
(b) Threw it in the trench.
(c) Broke it.
(d) Pulled it in.
6. What warned the farmer to the presence of a wild hog?
(a) The hog's tusks.
(b) A strange smell.
(c) His dog.
(d) His daughter.
7. What were the houses in the village made of?
(b) Tree bark.
(d) Sugar cane.
8. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
(a) They would eat their calves.
(b) They would refuse any other leaders.
(c) They would follow the winner home.
(d) They would walk off a cliff.
9. What would the otters eat at their party?
10. How do the men tire the hog?
(a) They set their dogs after it.
(b) They push it into a trench.
(c) They drive a truck after it.
(d) They set Tank after it.
11. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
(b) A lake.
(c) A river.
12. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A local wedding.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) The school yard.
(d) A government meeting.
13. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) A city factory.
(b) The market place.
(c) The next village.
(d) The dock.
14. How did Tank injure one of the thieves?
(a) He gored his the leg.
(b) He stamped on his foot.
(c) He bit his nose.
(d) He gored his buttocks.
15. What would fisherman use to fish a white catfish?
(a) A metal pole.
(b) A bamboo pole.
(c) A fishing line on its own.
(d) A spear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
2. Which of the following is a question the children asked about Tank?
3. What kind of calf does Nhuong's father want to buy?
4. How did the mother otter try to stop Nhuong from taking her cubs?
5. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)