|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
(a) Eat them.
(b) Whip them.
(c) Strangle them.
(d) Drown them.
2. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The city.
(c) The jungle.
3. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its heart.
(b) Its eyes.
(c) Its liver.
(d) Its head.
4. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
(a) They would eat all the rice plants given the chance.
(b) They were always followed by tigers.
(c) They sometimes attacked without provocation.
(d) They always tried to impregnate the buffalos.
5. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
(b) Sugar cane and vines.
(c) Branches and ivy.
(d) Bamboo canes and vines.
6. What were the houses in the village made of?
(c) Sugar cane.
(d) Tree bark.
7. What is the name for a wild hog's home?
(a) A pen.
(b) A farm.
(c) A coop.
(d) A harem.
8. Where did the two farmers hide from the wild hog?
(a) A trench.
(b) A car.
(c) A shed.
(d) A tractor.
9. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
10. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) English mustard.
(b) German mustard.
(c) Indian mustard.
(d) French mustard.
11. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By looking in its eyes.
(b) By holding its head.
(c) By biting its tail.
(d) By stroking its body.
12. Where did the wild hogs live?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The forest.
(c) The river.
(d) The jungle.
13. What kind of people sought after catfish?
(b) Rich people.
14. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A bear.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A lion.
15. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) The next village.
(b) The dock.
(c) A city factory.
(d) The market place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
2. What were the tigers always trying to steal?
3. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
4. What does Tank push the buffalo into?
5. What do the villagers place on the dead man's tomb?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)