|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
(a) A river.
(c) A lake.
2. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
(a) A boxer.
(b) A demon.
(c) A devil.
(d) A wrestler.
3. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(b) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(c) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(d) It would have thought he was its parent.
4. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(b) The hunted.
5. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
(a) He drowned in the river.
(b) He died of a heart attack.
(c) He was murdered by thieves.
(d) He was killed by a wildhog.
6. What is the hog's skin usually covered with?
7. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
(a) When it's young.
(b) When it's in a group.
(c) When it's alone.
(d) When it's hungry.
8. What is the name for a wild hog's home?
(a) A coop.
(b) A farm.
(c) A harem.
(d) A pen.
9. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Fur traders.
(b) Government officials.
(c) Buffalo traders.
(d) Buffalo thieves.
10. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
(a) They would eat their calves.
(b) They would follow the winner home.
(c) They would refuse any other leaders.
(d) They would walk off a cliff.
11. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) English mustard.
(b) French mustard.
(c) Indian mustard.
(d) German mustard.
12. Where did Nhuong and his cousin sell the otters?
(a) A city factory.
(b) The dock.
(c) The next village.
(d) The market place.
13. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(b) Nhuong's cousin.
(c) Nhuong's brother.
(d) Nhuong's father.
14. How did Tank help catch the white catfish?
(a) He stomped on the catfish.
(b) He used his horns to fish the catfish out of the water.
(c) He walked backwards with the fishline attached to his horn.
(d) He blocked the cat fish's escape.
15. Which part of Mr. Short's body did Hung cut off?
(a) His tail.
(b) His head.
(c) His feet.
(d) His eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does one stop a snake from biting?
2. What did the author's family mainly grow on their land?
3. What animal does the author say was even more dangerous than a tiger?
4. What is the only part of a hog's body not protected by sap?
5. Where did Nhuong and his family eventually find Tank after he didn't arrive home?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)