|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its tail.
(c) Its teeth.
(d) Its head.
2. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) French mustard.
(b) English mustard.
(c) Indian mustard.
(d) German mustard.
3. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
(a) Inside his tractor.
(b) In a flower pot.
(c) Behind a shed.
(d) On top of a clump of grass.
4. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(a) Rice cake.
(b) A piece of fish.
(d) Brown sugar.
5. What did the author name his buffalo?
(b) Big Bill.
6. What did the author have to stop the water buffalo nibbling on?
(a) Sugar cane.
(c) Rice plants.
7. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(b) The hunted.
8. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(b) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
(c) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(d) It would have thought he was its parent.
9. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
(a) Nhuong's brother.
(b) Nhuong's father.
(d) Nhuong's cousin.
10. Where did Nhuong imprison the otter?
(a) A bamboo cage.
(b) An iron cage.
(c) A carrier.
(d) A small hut.
11. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pressing its forehead.
(b) By tickling its belly.
(c) By pinching its belly.
(d) By biting its tail.
12. What kind of wild hog is most dangerous?
(a) A lone wild hog.
(b) An injured wild hog.
(c) A hungry wild hog.
(d) A tired wild hog.
13. Which part of the hog do the villagers save?
(a) Its liver.
(b) Its head.
(c) Its heart.
(d) Its eyes.
14. What would the otters eat at their party?
15. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A local wedding.
(b) A government meeting.
(c) The school yard.
(d) A supermarket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hunters carry with them to kill the wild hog?
2. How does one stop a snake from biting?
3. When is the only time a tiger will attack a wild hog?
4. What were the houses in the village made of?
5. Where did the wild hogs live?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)