|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Little Altar on the Roadside, and The Hero.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Nhuong's father alert the community of the presence of the horse snake?
(a) Blowing his horn.
(b) Sending out smoke signals.
(c) Blowing his whistle.
(d) Beating his chest.
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
(a) Tree bark.
(b) Sugar cane.
3. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Threw it in the trench.
(b) Pulled it in.
(c) Broke it.
(d) Covered it with oil.
4. Why would have been better for Nhuong if he had caught the otter with its eyes still closed?
(a) It would not have remembered that it was kidnapped.
(b) It would have thought he was its parent.
(c) It would have been more willing to catch fish for him.
(d) It would have not have cried for its siblings.
5. What evidence did Trung find at the river bank that suggested she had been eaten by a crocodile?
(a) Her ripped clothes.
(b) One of her fingers.
(c) Her blood.
(d) Strands of her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Nhuong's cousin help him capture the otter cubs?
2. What character is the chapter Opera, Karate and Bandits dedicated to?
3. What did Trung think Lan was when he saw her on the island from a distance?
4. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
5. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)