|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through River Creatures, and The Horse Snake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
(a) For food.
(b) To turn his aggression on someone weaker.
(c) To prove he was still a man.
(d) For help.
2. What do the men use to make stretchers?
(a) Branches and ivy.
(b) Sugar cane and vines.
(c) Bamboo canes and vines.
(d) Sugar cane and palm leaves.
3. Where did Nhuong hear the story of how Tank was stolen?
(a) A local wedding.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) The school yard.
(d) A government meeting.
4. What is an otter's party?
(a) An otter's protest at problems on the river.
(b) An otter's foray into the home of a human.
(c) An otter's march from one home to another.
(d) A rare gathering of otter's at the riverbank.
5. What might the female buffalo do if Tank was defeated?
(a) They would refuse any other leaders.
(b) They would follow the winner home.
(c) They would walk off a cliff.
(d) They would eat their calves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hung make a dummy of?
2. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
3. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
4. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
5. What kind of snake did Nhuong's cousin tame?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)