|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through River Creatures, and The Horse Snake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Hung make a dummy of?
(a) A crocodile.
(b) A wild hog.
(c) A man.
(d) A child.
2. What is an otter's party?
(a) A rare gathering of otter's at the riverbank.
(b) An otter's foray into the home of a human.
(c) An otter's protest at problems on the river.
(d) An otter's march from one home to another.
3. How does one stop a snake from biting?
(a) By biting its tail.
(b) By holding its head.
(c) By looking in its eyes.
(d) By stroking its body.
4. What did the old man's wife give Tank to eat?
(a) Rice cake.
(b) Brown sugar.
(c) A piece of fish.
5. What part of the wild hog is its most dangerous weapon?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its tail.
(c) Its head.
(d) Its teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
2. What does the author say a tiger would sometimes turn into in its old age?
3. What would Nhuong's father do during the evenings?
4. Why were wild hogs such a problem?
5. What does Nhuong say the white catfish fought like at the end of the old man's line?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)