|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tank, the Water Buffalo, and My Cousin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of people considered Tank a prize?
(a) Fur traders.
(b) Buffalo traders.
(c) Buffalo thieves.
(d) Government officials.
2. What was the most feared animal on the river?
(a) An alligator.
(b) A horse snake.
(c) An electric eel.
(d) A crocodile.
3. Why would a defeated buffalo run towards humans?
(a) For food.
(b) For help.
(c) To turn his aggression on someone weaker.
(d) To prove he was still a man.
4. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(d) The hunted.
5. Where did the author first travel to with his father at twelve years old?
(b) The mountains.
(c) The jungle.
(d) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which country is the story set?
2. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
3. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
4. Who pulls Tank away from the fight?
5. How does a horse snake kill its victims if it doesn't bite them?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)