|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Monkey and the Old Lady, and What Can You Do with a Monkey?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the peddler brag he could do in a short space of time?
(a) Capture a horse snake.
(b) Train dogs.
(c) Train monkeys.
(d) Tame a wild hog.
2. What does the narrator name the person who insults his grandfather at the restaurant?
(a) A goat.
(b) A rascal.
(c) A bull.
(d) A fool.
3. How does one stop a snake from squeezing a person to death?
(a) By pressing its forehead.
(b) By tickling its belly.
(c) By biting its tail.
(d) By pinching its belly.
4. What is the name of the tree the hog's rubs themselves against to coat themselves?
(a) The sap tree.
(b) The protecting tree.
(c) The oil tree.
(d) The armor tree.
5. What kind of animal does Tank do battle with one dry season?
(a) A tiger.
(b) A lion.
(c) An elephant.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the old lady's friend use to kill the monkey?
2. Why did the old lady keep a monkey?
3. What kind of fish does the horse snake become intoxicated by?
4. Where did the farmer put his daughter before he ran from the wild hog?
5. How did Nhuong's cousin's father die?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)