Tank, the Water Buffalo, and My Cousin
1. In which country is the story set?
2. What were the houses in the village made of?
(a) Tree bark.
(c) Sugar cane.
3. What did each house have surrounding it to protect it from wild animals?
(a) A trench.
(c) Animal traps.
(d) A moat.
4. What was the name of the bridge that lead to the front door of each house?
(a) A draw bridge.
(b) An ape bridge.
(c) A monkey bridge.
(d) A buffalo bridge.
5. What did the families do with their bridge at night?
(a) Broke it.
(b) Pulled it in.
(c) Covered it with oil.
(d) Threw it in the trench.
6. What did the villagers have to travel across to get to the nearest town?
(a) A lake.
(c) A river.
7. What kind of mustard did the villagers grow?
(a) English mustard.
(b) French mustard.
(c) German mustard.
(d) Indian mustard.
8. What does the author say the villagers became during the dry season?
(a) The hunted.
This section contains 4,117 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)