Lesson 1 (from Tank, the Water Buffalo, and My Cousin)
The aim of this lesson is to examine Nhuong's character.
1. With the students, brainstorm all the places they think Nhuong goes in his spare time. Divide the students into pairs and ask them to choose one of the settings and develop a conversation between Nhuong and one of his friends.
2. Divide the students into two groups. One group should research Nhuong's life and the other group should think of questions they like to ask Nhuong about his life. Finish the lesson with a question and answer session.
3. Divide the students into pairs or groups of three. Ask them to use magazine pictures to make a picture story of Nhuong's life.
4. Homework. Write Nhuong's character background.
Lesson 2 (from Tank, the Water Buffalo, and My Cousin)
The aim of this lesson is to examine Nhuong's upbringing.
1. Class discussion. How does Nhuong's upbringing effect his decisions in the novel? How do the students think...
This section contains 4,275 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)