|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tristram hide?
2. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
3. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
4. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
5. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chaitivel, a lady cannot choose a husband from her suitors.
Part 1) Why can she not choose a husband from her suitors? How does she remedy this?
Part 2) Is this a good way to choose a mate? Why or why not? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? What might readers think of this story? Why?
Essay Topic 2
In Les Deus Amanz, the king does not want to give his daughter away in marriage.
Part 1) Why does the king not want to give his daughter away in marriage? How does he go about keeping her from marrying?
Part 2) How might parents at this time commiserate with this father?
Part 3) How can parents today understand why this father does not want to give his daughter away in marriage?
Essay Topic 3
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)