|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
2. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
3. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
4. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
5. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Essay Topic 3
In Les Deus Amanz, the king does not want to give his daughter away in marriage.
Part 1) Why does the king not want to give his daughter away in marriage? How does he go about keeping her from marrying?
Part 2) How might parents at this time commiserate with this father?
Part 3) How can parents today understand why this father does not want to give his daughter away in marriage?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)