Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
2. What does the lady do for the three knights?
3. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
4. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
5. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
Essay Topic 1
Lanval's loyalty is tested.
Part 1) How is his loyalty tested? Why is it tested?
Part 2) What are the outcomes of each of these tests? What do they reveal about Lanval?
Part 3) How is Lanval rewarded? Is this a substantial and appropriate award? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In a couple of the stories the action is prophesied and various characters' destinies are pre-ordained.
Part 1) How is it prophesied in these stories? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Why are the characters' destinies pre-ordained? How does this compare to characters' lives in other stories?
Part 3) Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)