|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
2. What does the lady do for the three knights?
3. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
4. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
5. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
Essay Topic 1
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 2
In Chaitivel, a lady cannot choose a husband from her suitors.
Part 1) Why can she not choose a husband from her suitors? How does she remedy this?
Part 2) Is this a good way to choose a mate? Why or why not? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? What might readers think of this story? Why?
Essay Topic 3
When a person of higher status initiates a relationship with one of lower status, the results are disastrous.
Part 1) Describe two situations from this book such as this. Why are they disastrous?
Part 2) What does this reveal about one's social status at the time these stories were written?
Part 3) Is one's status important today? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)