|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will the woman name her son?
2. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
3. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
4. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
5. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of self-sacrifice and forgiveness.
Part 1) Where can this theme be found in this book?
Part 2) How does this theme connect many of the stories in this book?
Part 3) Why might this theme be important to the author? How might it be important to readers?
Essay Topic 2
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 3
Faith and one's ultimate reward are connected in Le Fresne's story.
Part 1) Describe Le Fresne's story. How was Le Fresne faithful? Why was she faithful?
Part 2) How is she rewarded? What does this reveal about the connection between faithfulness and reward?
Part 3) Should she have been faithful in this situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)