|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
2. What comes from beneath the altar?
3. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
4. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
5. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bird imagery is found in several stories.
Part 1) Describe this bird imagery. What is the purpose of the birds in each story?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen birds?
Part 3) What do birds symbolize today? How might this affect your interpretation of these stories?
Essay Topic 2
Lanval's loyalty is tested.
Part 1) How is his loyalty tested? Why is it tested?
Part 2) What are the outcomes of each of these tests? What do they reveal about Lanval?
Part 3) How is Lanval rewarded? Is this a substantial and appropriate award? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The knight in Les Deus Amanz gets a potion to help him climb the mountain.
Part 1) From where does he get the potion? Does she use it? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does his behavior on this mountain reveal about him?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? How do you know this?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)