|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
2. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
3. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
4. What happens the night before the tournament?
5. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of self-sacrifice and forgiveness.
Part 1) Where can this theme be found in this book?
Part 2) How does this theme connect many of the stories in this book?
Part 3) Why might this theme be important to the author? How might it be important to readers?
Essay Topic 2
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 3
In Milun, a parallel is made between various aspects of the story.
Part 1) What parallel events take place? How are they similar?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these parallel events?
Part 3) How are these events similar to events found in other stories in this book?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)