|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Milun hears about a brave knight and determines to do what?
2. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
3. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
4. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
5. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Essay Topic 3
in Eliduc, all three characters serve God in the end.
Part 1) How do they end up serving God? Why does the story end this way?
Part 2) How is this story similar and different to other stories in this book?
Part 3) What message does this story send?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)