|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
2. What does the woman's lover give her?
3. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
4. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
5. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At many times during this book, adultery is not condemned.
Part 1) When is adultery not condemned? Why is it not condemned?
Part 2) How might readers at the time these stories were created react to this? Why might they react this way?
Part 3) How does the idea of adultery being noble affect readers today? Why?
Essay Topic 3
in Eliduc, all three characters serve God in the end.
Part 1) How do they end up serving God? Why does the story end this way?
Part 2) How is this story similar and different to other stories in this book?
Part 3) What message does this story send?
This section contains 1,308 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)