|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
2. What has happened to three of the four knights?
3. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
4. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
5. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
These stories reflect beliefs, ideals, and conflict during the time in which the stories are written.
Part 1) How do these stories reflect the time in which they were written?
Part 2) How are they relevant to readers of that time?
Part 3) How are these stories relevant today? Will they continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
In Milun, a parallel is made between various aspects of the story.
Part 1) What parallel events take place? How are they similar?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these parallel events?
Part 3) How are these events similar to events found in other stories in this book?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)