|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
2. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
3. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
4. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
5. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bird imagery is found in several stories.
Part 1) Describe this bird imagery. What is the purpose of the birds in each story?
Part 2) Why might the author have chosen birds?
Part 3) What do birds symbolize today? How might this affect your interpretation of these stories?
Essay Topic 2
The knight in Les Deus Amanz gets a potion to help him climb the mountain.
Part 1) From where does he get the potion? Does she use it? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does his behavior on this mountain reveal about him?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of self-sacrifice and forgiveness.
Part 1) Where can this theme be found in this book?
Part 2) How does this theme connect many of the stories in this book?
Part 3) Why might this theme be important to the author? How might it be important to readers?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)