|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
2. What does the lady do for the three knights?
3. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
4. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
5. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
Essay Topic 1
In a couple of the stories the action is prophesied and various characters' destinies are pre-ordained.
Part 1) How is it prophesied in these stories? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Why are the characters' destinies pre-ordained? How does this compare to characters' lives in other stories?
Part 3) Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
At many times during this book, adultery is not condemned.
Part 1) When is adultery not condemned? Why is it not condemned?
Part 2) How might readers at the time these stories were created react to this? Why might they react this way?
Part 3) How does the idea of adultery being noble affect readers today? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Faith and one's ultimate reward are connected in Le Fresne's story.
Part 1) Describe Le Fresne's story. How was Le Fresne faithful? Why was she faithful?
Part 2) How is she rewarded? What does this reveal about the connection between faithfulness and reward?
Part 3) Should she have been faithful in this situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,300 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)