|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
2. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
3. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
4. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
5. Milun hears about a brave knight and determines to do what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At many times during this book, adultery is not condemned.
Part 1) When is adultery not condemned? Why is it not condemned?
Part 2) How might readers at the time these stories were created react to this? Why might they react this way?
Part 3) How does the idea of adultery being noble affect readers today? Why?
Essay Topic 2
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
Faith and one's ultimate reward are connected in Le Fresne's story.
Part 1) Describe Le Fresne's story. How was Le Fresne faithful? Why was she faithful?
Part 2) How is she rewarded? What does this reveal about the connection between faithfulness and reward?
Part 3) Should she have been faithful in this situation? Why or why not?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)