Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
2. What does the lady do for the three knights?
3. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
4. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
5. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Lanval's loyalty is tested.
Part 1) How is his loyalty tested? Why is it tested?
Part 2) What are the outcomes of each of these tests? What do they reveal about Lanval?
Part 3) How is Lanval rewarded? Is this a substantial and appropriate award? Why or why not?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)