|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sent with the child?
2. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
3. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
4. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
5. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Essay Topic 2
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
in Eliduc, all three characters serve God in the end.
Part 1) How do they end up serving God? Why does the story end this way?
Part 2) How is this story similar and different to other stories in this book?
Part 3) What message does this story send?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)