|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
2. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
3. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
4. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
5. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)