|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
2. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
3. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
4. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
5. What will the woman name her son?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 2
Supernatural beings are found in several of these stories.
Part 1) What supernatural beings are found? Describe how they are used in each story.
Part 2) Why are supernatural beings used? What might they symbolize?
Part 3) Do these supernatural beings enhance the stories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)