|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tristram hide?
2. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
3. What will the woman name her son?
4. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
5. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 2
The knight in Les Deus Amanz gets a potion to help him climb the mountain.
Part 1) From where does he get the potion? Does she use it? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does his behavior on this mountain reveal about him?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)