|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
2. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
3. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
4. What is the woman forced to do?
5. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the knight do regarding the potion during his climb?
2. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
3. How does Lanval end up arrested?
4. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
5. Why does the lord consent to marry La Codre?
6. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
7. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
8. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
9. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
10. What does the king do at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These stories reflect beliefs, ideals, and conflict during the time in which the stories are written.
Part 1) How do these stories reflect the time in which they were written?
Part 2) How are they relevant to readers of that time?
Part 3) How are these stories relevant today? Will they continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Les Deus Amanz, the king does not want to give his daughter away in marriage.
Part 1) Why does the king not want to give his daughter away in marriage? How does he go about keeping her from marrying?
Part 2) How might parents at this time commiserate with this father?
Part 3) How can parents today understand why this father does not want to give his daughter away in marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Supernatural beings are found in several of these stories.
Part 1) What supernatural beings are found? Describe how they are used in each story.
Part 2) Why are supernatural beings used? What might they symbolize?
Part 3) Do these supernatural beings enhance the stories? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,006 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)