|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
2. What do these women do for Guigemar?
3. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
4. What does Guigemar tie around her?
5. He returns to the king's court and does what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
2. How does the story end?
3. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
4. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
5. What does the knight do regarding the potion during his climb?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does this story end?
8. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
9. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
10. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
Essay Topic 1
Supernatural beings are found in several of these stories.
Part 1) What supernatural beings are found? Describe how they are used in each story.
Part 2) Why are supernatural beings used? What might they symbolize?
Part 3) Do these supernatural beings enhance the stories? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In Milun, a parallel is made between various aspects of the story.
Part 1) What parallel events take place? How are they similar?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these parallel events?
Part 3) How are these events similar to events found in other stories in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
This section contains 1,898 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)