|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
2. What does the woman do to the baby?
3. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
4. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
5. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lanval end up arrested?
2. What decree does the king send out? Why?
3. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
4. What is the woman's scheme?
5. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
6. Who is Eliduc? What has happened to him?
7. How is Lanval's loyalty to King Arthur tested?
8. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
9. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
10. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
in Eliduc, all three characters serve God in the end.
Part 1) How do they end up serving God? Why does the story end this way?
Part 2) How is this story similar and different to other stories in this book?
Part 3) What message does this story send?
Essay Topic 2
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 3
When a person of higher status initiates a relationship with one of lower status, the results are disastrous.
Part 1) Describe two situations from this book such as this. Why are they disastrous?
Part 2) What does this reveal about one's social status at the time these stories were written?
Part 3) Is one's status important today? Why or why not?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)