Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when he reaches the top?
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
2. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
3. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
4. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
5. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
8. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
9. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
10. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
In Chaitivel, a lady cannot choose a husband from her suitors.
Part 1) Why can she not choose a husband from her suitors? How does she remedy this?
Part 2) Is this a good way to choose a mate? Why or why not? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? What might readers think of this story? Why?
In Les Deus Amanz, the king does not want to give his daughter away in marriage.
Part 1) Why does the king not want to give his daughter away in marriage? How does he go about keeping her from marrying?
Part 2) How might parents at this time commiserate with this father?
Part 3) How can parents today understand why this father does not want to give his daughter away in marriage?
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)