Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when he reaches the top?
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
2. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
3. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
4. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
5. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
8. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
9. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
10. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
In a couple of the stories the action is prophesied and various characters' destinies are pre-ordained.
Part 1) How is it prophesied in these stories? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Why are the characters' destinies pre-ordained? How does this compare to characters' lives in other stories?
Part 3) Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)