|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Equitan promises he will never take another and tells her that in love she is the master and he her subject. How does she respond to this?
2. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
3. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
4. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
5. What does the woman scheme?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
2. What happens after the maiden gives her child to her sister?
3. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
4. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
5. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
6. What decree does the king send out? Why?
7. How does Meriaduc learn of the lady's love for another man? What does he do about this?
8. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
9. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
10. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
These stories reflect beliefs, ideals, and conflict during the time in which the stories are written.
Part 1) How do these stories reflect the time in which they were written?
Part 2) How are they relevant to readers of that time?
Part 3) How are these stories relevant today? Will they continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Some stories involve a child that learns as an adult the truth of his parentage.
Part 1) Describe these stories. How do they learn about their parentage?
Part 2) How does this knowledge help them? At the time the stories were written, what would be the main purpose for knowing one's parentage?
Part 3) How is that reason the same or different today?
Essay Topic 3
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)