|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
2. What does the woman do to the baby?
3. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. Equitan promises he will never take another and tells her that in love she is the master and he her subject. How does she respond to this?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
2. How does the story end?
3. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
4. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
5. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
6. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
7. What does the king do at the end of the story?
8. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
9. What decree does the king send out? Why?
10. Why does a lady arrange a tournament?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Milun, a parallel is made between various aspects of the story.
Part 1) What parallel events take place? How are they similar?
Part 2) What is the purpose for these parallel events?
Part 3) How are these events similar to events found in other stories in this book?
Essay Topic 2
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)