|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does the king agree to this plan?
2. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
3. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
4. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
5. What does the other woman's mother intend to have Le Fresne do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the seneschal's wife respond to the king's interests? Why does she respond this way?
2. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
3. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
4. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
5. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
6. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
7. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
8. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
9. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
10. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of one suffering for true love.
Part 1) How is this a theme?
Part 2) Why might this be a popular theme for readers?
Part 3) Do you believe that one must suffer for true love? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When a person of higher status initiates a relationship with one of lower status, the results are disastrous.
Part 1) Describe two situations from this book such as this. Why are they disastrous?
Part 2) What does this reveal about one's social status at the time these stories were written?
Part 3) Is one's status important today? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)