|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
2. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
3. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
4. In honor of the marriage, what does Le Fresne do?
5. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
2. Why does a young wife need help?
3. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
4. How does this story end?
5. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
6. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
7. What happens when Guigemar first arrives at Meriaduc's castle?
8. What happens when Equitan falls in love?
9. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
10. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
Essay Topic 1
In a couple of the stories the action is prophesied and various characters' destinies are pre-ordained.
Part 1) How is it prophesied in these stories? What is the purpose of this?
Part 2) Why are the characters' destinies pre-ordained? How does this compare to characters' lives in other stories?
Part 3) Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The knight in Les Deus Amanz gets a potion to help him climb the mountain.
Part 1) From where does he get the potion? Does she use it? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does his behavior on this mountain reveal about him?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 3
In Chaitivel, a lady cannot choose a husband from her suitors.
Part 1) Why can she not choose a husband from her suitors? How does she remedy this?
Part 2) Is this a good way to choose a mate? Why or why not? What does this reveal about her?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? What might readers think of this story? Why?
This section contains 1,974 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)