|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
2. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
3. What does the knight give his lover?
4. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
5. What does the other woman's mother intend to have Le Fresne do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
2. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
3. Why does Guilliadun's body end up in a chapel?
4. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
5. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
6. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
7. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
8. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
9. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
10. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The mutual love of Guigemar and a lady heals him.
Part 1) How does he learn this will heal him? How might this influence his feelings for the lady?
Part 2) What is the meaning of this healing through love?
Part 3) Can love heal physical wounds? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The knight in Les Deus Amanz gets a potion to help him climb the mountain.
Part 1) From where does he get the potion? Does she use it? Why or why not?
Part 2) What does his behavior on this mountain reveal about him?
Part 3) What is the moral of this story? How do you know this?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of self-sacrifice and forgiveness.
Part 1) Where can this theme be found in this book?
Part 2) How does this theme connect many of the stories in this book?
Part 3) Why might this theme be important to the author? How might it be important to readers?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)