|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does Lanval's lover enter?
2. What will the woman then do to her husband?
3. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
4. What happens when he reaches the top?
5. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
2. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
3. Why does Guilliadun's body end up in a chapel?
4. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
5. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
6. What happens as Le Fresne grows into womanhood?
7. What happens when the king learns what has happened to Bisclavret?
8. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
9. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
10. What happens when Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Each story involves conflict surrounding the emotion of love.
Part 1) How is there conflict surrounding love? Why is there conflict?
Part 2) How does this conflict affect readers? What is the overall message sent by these stories?
Part 3) How is this conflict found in books and other media today? Why does this theme continue to be used?
Essay Topic 3
There is a theme of self-sacrifice and forgiveness.
Part 1) Where can this theme be found in this book?
Part 2) How does this theme connect many of the stories in this book?
Part 3) Why might this theme be important to the author? How might it be important to readers?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)