|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
2. Why does the princess refuse to elope?
3. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
4. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
5. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the knight do regarding the potion during his climb?
2. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
3. Who is Eliduc? What has happened to him?
4. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
5. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
6. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
7. What happens when Guigemar goes hunting?
8. What is the woman's scheme?
9. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
10. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a theme of what goes around comes around.
Part 1) How is this a theme? What is meant by this?
Part 2) Is this theme relevant today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How might knowledge of this theme affect one's behavior?
Essay Topic 2
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Essay Topic 3
These stories reflect beliefs, ideals, and conflict during the time in which the stories are written.
Part 1) How do these stories reflect the time in which they were written?
Part 2) How are they relevant to readers of that time?
Part 3) How are these stories relevant today? Will they continue to be relevant? Why or why not?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)