|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
2. To where does Lanval follow these women?
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lanval end up arrested?
2. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
3. How is Lanval's loyalty to King Arthur tested?
4. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
5. What happens as Le Fresne grows into womanhood?
6. What decree does the king send out? Why?
7. Why does the lord consent to marry La Codre?
8. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
9. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
10. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Guigemar and the lady's love is unbreakable.
Part 1) How do you know it is unbreakable?
Part 2) How are these two rewarded for their unbreakable love and promise to each other?
Part 3) How is this metaphor still recognized today? How is this relevant to readers today?
Essay Topic 2
Faith and one's ultimate reward are connected in Le Fresne's story.
Part 1) Describe Le Fresne's story. How was Le Fresne faithful? Why was she faithful?
Part 2) How is she rewarded? What does this reveal about the connection between faithfulness and reward?
Part 3) Should she have been faithful in this situation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
in Eliduc, all three characters serve God in the end.
Part 1) How do they end up serving God? Why does the story end this way?
Part 2) How is this story similar and different to other stories in this book?
Part 3) What message does this story send?
This section contains 2,000 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)