|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
(b) He kisses her picture every day.
(c) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(d) He wears it for the rest of his life.
2. What will the woman name her son?
3. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is not allowed to stay.
(c) He has tired of the kingdom.
(d) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
4. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(c) She is afraid of the dark.
(d) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
5. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about him.
(b) A lai about the king.
(c) A lai about her life.
(d) A lai about the four knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
2. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
3. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
4. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
5. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)