|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliduc convince Guilliadun to do?
(a) To return with him by sea to his homeland.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To be his servant.
(d) To leave him alone.
2. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
(a) Within a week.
(b) Within an hour.
(c) Within a day.
(d) Within a minute.
3. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(b) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
(c) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(d) He kisses her picture every day.
4. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(b) He is not allowed to stay.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He has tired of the kingdom.
5. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He laughs in spite.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He cries.
(d) He becomes very angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
2. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
3. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
4. What will the woman name her son?
5. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)