|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(a) A pot cooking over a fire.
(c) Smoke from the spell.
(d) The stick.
2. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The spikes.
(b) The poison.
(c) The arrows.
(d) The sword.
3. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
(a) He proposes to her.
(b) He sends her poems.
(c) He composes a lai.
(d) He leaves the kingdom.
4. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) The woman cancels the tournament.
(b) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
(c) The knights are all killed.
(d) The king requests the service of all his knights.
5. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) In a jeweled box.
(b) Beneath a rug.
(c) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(d) In a bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the wife distraught?
2. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
3. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
4. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
5. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)