|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He is hesitant.
(c) He turns and runs away.
(d) He professes his love for her.
2. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
(a) He is looking for work at the castle.
(b) The king holds a festival and summons all the knights in his service.
(c) He is the king's brother.
(d) The king summons him to the castle.
3. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
(a) He may once again be a knight.
(b) He will be released.
(c) He may return to the kingdom.
(d) He will be promoted.
4. What happens when the princess throws herself down next to her love?
(a) She dies.
(b) She faints.
(c) She cries.
(d) She hugs him.
5. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
(a) Le Poisson.
(b) Le Chat.
(c) La Codre.
(d) Le Mer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guigemar tie around her?
2. This lord loves her, but how does she respond?
3. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
4. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
5. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a maiden give her child to her sister?
2. Who comes to this woman's rescue?
3. What decree does the king send out? Why?
4. What happens when Guigemar first arrives at Meriaduc's castle?
5. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
6. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
7. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
8. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
9. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
10. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)