|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) His wound will never heal.
(b) He will never be happy.
(c) He will die alone.
(d) He will be happier.
2. How does the king's lover still feel?
3. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
(a) He will no longer want money.
(b) She is going to kill him.
(c) He needs only her.
(d) The more he spends the more he will have.
4. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
(c) Not at first.
5. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He drowns her.
(b) He begs her to take him back.
(c) He banishes her from his home.
(d) He yells at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. The lord asks Guigemar to do what?
2. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
3. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
2. Why does the lord consent to marry La Codre?
3. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
4. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
5. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
6. Why does a maiden give her child to her sister?
7. What happens as Le Fresne grows into womanhood?
8. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
9. How does this story end?
10. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)