|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He returns to his home.
(b) He goes to build his own castle.
(c) He the chapel to pray.
(d) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
2. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
(a) With a title.
(b) With a new wife.
(c) With land and riches.
(d) With half of the kingdom.
3. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
4. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He has him killed.
(b) He tortures him.
(c) He arrests him.
(d) He banishes him.
5. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Help her trap her husband.
(c) Be her husband.
(d) Protect her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after these first maidens approach the court?
2. What happens when the princess throws herself down next to her love?
3. When Lanval's love comes to him, how will she appear to everyone else?
4. When the king discovers the lovers, what does he do?
5. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
2. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
3. Why does a young wife need help?
4. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
5. Why does a lady arrange a tournament?
6. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
7. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
8. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
9. What happens when Equitan falls in love?
10. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)