|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She tucks it in his pants.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She cuts it off.
(d) She ties an intricate knot.
2. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
3. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) His life is threatened.
(b) He is sent to his love.
(c) He is banished.
(d) He is arrested.
4. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He will not.
(b) He does not like the taste of it.
(c) He will drink it.
(d) He will later.
5. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(b) He returns to his home.
(c) He the chapel to pray.
(d) He goes to build his own castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
2. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
3. What does the woman want the knight to do?
4. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
5. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Isolde urge Tristram to do? Why do they weep?
2. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
3. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
4. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
5. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
6. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
7. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
8. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
9. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
10. What happens when Bisclavret sees his wife and her new husband? What are the reactions of others to Bisclavret's behavior?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)