|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She ties an intricate knot.
(b) She braids it.
(c) She cuts it off.
(d) She tucks it in his pants.
2. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) His castle.
(c) A guest bedroom.
(d) The lady's chambers.
3. Does the king agree to this plan?
(a) Not at first.
4. On what does Lanval's lover enter?
(a) A white deer.
(b) A black bull.
(c) A white horse.
(d) A black horse.
5. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
(a) He may once again be a knight.
(b) He will be promoted.
(c) He will be released.
(d) He may return to the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman want the knight to do?
2. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
3. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
4. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
5. Who does an old lord keep locked away?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who comes to this woman's rescue?
2. Why does the lord consent to marry La Codre?
3. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
4. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
5. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
6. What happens the night before the tournament?
7. What happens when Guigemar first arrives at Meriaduc's castle?
8. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
9. How does Meriaduc learn of the lady's love for another man? What does he do about this?
10. What happens when Guigemar goes hunting?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)