|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) He turns and runs.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He declines.
2. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) The king.
(b) The servants.
(c) The horses.
(d) His dogs.
3. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
(a) For being a coward and uncertain.
(b) For being brave and mighty.
(c) For being generous and living honorably.
(d) For being rich and attractive.
4. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She cuts it off.
(b) She ties an intricate knot.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She tucks it in his pants.
5. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(b) He is a vampire.
(c) He has a mistress.
(d) He is a werewolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lanval's love comes to him, how will she appear to everyone else?
2. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
3. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
4. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
5. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
2. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
3. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
4. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
5. What is odd about Lanval and this woman's love?
6. What happens as Le Fresne grows into womanhood?
7. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
8. What does Isolde urge Tristram to do? Why do they weep?
9. What happens the night before the tournament?
10. Why does a lady arrange a tournament?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)