|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(c) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
(d) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
2. What rumor does one wife spread about having twins?
(a) Her twins will fight one another.
(b) It is a sign of the devil.
(c) It is the result of having had sex with two different men.
(d) It is unnatural.
3. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Where is spare clothing is located.
(b) Why he would be embarrassed.
(c) Where he hides his clothes.
(d) Why he must be naked.
4. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
5. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He kisses the princess.
(b) He runs down the mountain.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He collapses, dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the deceitful wife?
2. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
3. What happens when the princess throws herself down next to her love?
4. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
5. Who approaches the court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
2. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
3. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
4. What happens the night before the tournament?
5. What happens when Equitan falls in love?
6. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
7. Why does Guilliadun's body end up in a chapel?
8. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
9. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
10. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)