|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
2. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) A guest bedroom.
(b) The lady's chambers.
(c) His castle.
(d) His ship.
3. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
(a) Her power stuns everyone.
(b) Her beauty stuns everyone.
(c) Her power scares everyone.
(d) Her beauty scares everyone.
4. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) At her neighbor's home.
(b) In her mistress's room.
(c) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
(d) On the steps of an orphanage.
5. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He has him killed.
(b) He banishes him.
(c) He arrests him.
(d) He tortures him.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
2. What do these women do for Guigemar?
3. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
4. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
5. To where does Lanval follow these women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a maiden give her child to her sister?
2. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
3. What happens when Guigemar first arrives at Meriaduc's castle?
4. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
5. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
6. How is Lanval's loyalty to King Arthur tested?
7. What happens when Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight?
8. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
9. Who comes to this woman's rescue?
10. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)