|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(b) He climbs up after them.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He curses them.
2. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
(b) A letter.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A big hug.
3. When Lanval tells the queen he has the love of a woman who is so fair that her servant is still more beautiful than the queen, what does the queen do?
(a) She laughs saying he lies.
(b) She pretends as if she never heard him.
(c) She immediately tells Arthur what Lanval has said, telling him that it was she who spurned his advance.
(d) She begins to cry.
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
(a) Announces his intention to take the challenge.
(b) Asks for a personal trainer.
(c) Proposes a compromise.
(d) Tells her father they are eloping.
5. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He tells her he loves her.
(b) He turns and runs.
(c) He declines.
(d) He does not respond.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
2. What does Guigemar tie around her?
3. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
4. What does the man do to his wife?
5. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Equitan falls in love?
2. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
3. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
4. What does Bisclavret do when he turns into a werewolf? What does his wife insist on knowing about her husband?
5. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
6. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
7. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
8. What happens as Le Fresne grows into womanhood?
9. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
10. Why does the lady believe that the knight's title is appropriate?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)