|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He growls at the king.
(b) He begs for help.
(c) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
2. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He begs for the woman to love him.
(b) He has his seneschal killed.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He becomes angry.
3. What happens when the princess throws herself down next to her love?
(a) She hugs him.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints.
(d) She dies.
4. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Banish her husband.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Protect her husband.
(d) Steal her husband's clothes.
5. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
(a) Her power scares everyone.
(b) Her beauty scares everyone.
(c) Her power stuns everyone.
(d) Her beauty stuns everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do these women do for Guigemar?
2. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
3. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. What will the woman then do to her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
2. What happens the night before the tournament?
3. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
4. How does Lanval end up arrested?
5. Why does a lady arrange a tournament?
6. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
7. What happens after the maiden gives her child to her sister?
8. What happens when Guigemar goes hunting?
9. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
10. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)