|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) The horses.
(b) His dogs.
(c) The servants.
(d) The king.
2. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A beautiful meadow.
(b) A tree stump.
(c) A ship with silken sails.
(d) A sumptuous tent.
3. Who are neighbors in this story?
(a) Two evil knights.
(b) Two good kings.
(c) Two evil knights.
(d) Two good knights.
4. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He begs for help.
(b) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(c) He growls at the king.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
5. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
(a) An elderly knight.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The king.
(d) A lord named Gurun.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
2. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
3. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
4. What do these women do for Guigemar?
5. What happens when the princess throws herself down next to her love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
2. What decree does the king send out? Why?
3. What is the woman's scheme?
4. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
5. What happens when Guigemar goes hunting?
6. How does the seneschal's wife respond to the king's interests? Why does she respond this way?
7. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
8. Who is Eliduc? What has happened to him?
9. How does this story end?
10. What happens after the maiden gives her child to her sister?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)