|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He hides in the bushes.
(b) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(c) He begs for help.
(d) He growls at the king.
2. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
(a) Le Fresne should be her daughter's maid.
(b) Le Fresne is her servant's lost daughter.
(c) Le Fresne is her lost daughter.
(d) Le Fresne is her neighbor's lost daughter.
3. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
(a) A small dingy.
(b) A beautiful ebony ship with silken sails.
(c) A beautiful view.
(d) A beautiful woman.
4. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) A young and handsome king.
(b) A young and valiant knight.
(c) A young king.
(d) An old knight.
5. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. The lord asks Guigemar to do what?
2. Who are neighbors in this story?
3. What will the woman then do to her husband?
4. Does the king agree to this plan?
5. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a young wife need help?
2. What does the king do at the end of the story?
3. What does Isolde urge Tristram to do? Why do they weep?
4. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
5. What excuse does the woman get for gazing out her window at night?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does the knight end up mortally wounded?
8. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
9. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
10. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)