|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
2. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would be naked.
(b) He would need new clothes.
(c) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(d) He would be embarrassed.
3. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
(a) Stay single.
(b) Marry the woman.
(c) Send the woman back to her husband.
(d) Find a noble woman to marry.
4. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He runs down the mountain.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He kisses the princess.
(d) He collapses, dead.
5. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By poisoning herself.
(b) By stabbing herself.
(c) By jumping into the sea.
(d) By hanging herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
2. Who approaches the court?
3. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
4. What does the woman scheme?
5. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a young wife need help?
2. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
3. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
4. What happens when Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight?
5. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
6. Why does the lord consent to marry La Codre?
7. What happens when Bisclavret sees his wife and her new husband? What are the reactions of others to Bisclavret's behavior?
8. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
9. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
10. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)