|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
(a) With a new wife.
(b) With land and riches.
(c) With half of the kingdom.
(d) With a title.
2. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Be her husband.
(c) Help her trap her husband.
(d) Protect her husband.
3. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
(a) Lanval has been wrongly accused.
(b) Lanval should be punished.
(c) Lanval is a liar.
(d) Lanval made a mistake.
4. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He arrests him.
(b) He banishes him.
(c) He tortures him.
(d) He has him killed.
5. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
(a) He is the king's brother.
(b) The king holds a festival and summons all the knights in his service.
(c) He is looking for work at the castle.
(d) The king summons him to the castle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
2. Lanval is a worthy knight in the service of Arthur, but when Arthur hands out rewards to his knights, what happens to Lanval?
3. Who approaches the court?
4. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
5. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a maiden give her child to her sister?
2. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
3. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
4. How is Lanval's loyalty to King Arthur tested?
5. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
6. Why does Guilliadun's body end up in a chapel?
7. How does the seneschal's wife respond to the king's interests? Why does she respond this way?
8. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
9. What is the woman's scheme?
10. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)