|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
(a) They begin to make love on the bed.
(b) They write the husband a Dear John letter.
(c) They plot to kill him.
(d) They pack her belongings.
2. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) On the steps of an orphanage.
(b) At her neighbor's home.
(c) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
(d) In her mistress's room.
3. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(d) He growls at him.
4. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Why he would be embarrassed.
(b) Why he must be naked.
(c) Where he hides his clothes.
(d) Where is spare clothing is located.
5. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
4. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
5. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
2. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
3. For what are the king's advisers eager? How does the woman feel about the situation?
4. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
5. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
6. What is odd about Lanval and this woman's love?
7. What happens when the knight and the princess reach the top of the mountain?
8. What does the king do at the end of the story?
9. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
10. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)