|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) The lady's chambers.
(b) A guest bedroom.
(c) His ship.
(d) His castle.
2. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(b) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
(c) Return to his home.
(d) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
3. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
(a) He will be lonely.
(b) He has found no worthy men.
(c) He is devoted to his daughter.
(d) He trusts no one.
4. Equitan promises he will never take another and tells her that in love she is the master and he her subject. How does she respond to this?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She still is reluctant.
(d) She agrees.
5. After Bisclavret is missing a year, what does everyone assume?
(a) He no longer loves his wife.
(b) He has been captured.
(c) His wife will never marry again.
(d) He will never return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
2. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
3. What is the woman forced to do?
4. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
5. How does the king's lover still feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Eliduc fall in love with Guilliadun?
2. How does the seneschal's wife respond to the king's interests? Why does she respond this way?
3. How does Meriaduc learn of the lady's love for another man? What does he do about this?
4. How does the story end?
5. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
6. How is Lanval's loyalty to King Arthur tested?
7. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
8. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
9. How does Eliduc's wife save Guilliadun?
10. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)