|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He drowns her.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He banishes her from his home.
(d) He begs her to take him back.
2. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) The lady's chambers.
(c) A guest bedroom.
(d) His castle.
3. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
(a) She begs to be saved.
(b) She gives both of her babies away.
(c) She conspires to have a servant leave one of the girls at a church.
(d) She gives birth to her twins in secret.
4. When do Equitan and the woman meet?
(a) At night.
(b) In secret.
(c) At festivals.
(d) On Sundays.
5. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He runs out of the room.
(b) He hands him the letter.
(c) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
(d) He hugs the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
2. What does the woman want the knight to do?
3. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
4. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
5. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Guigemar goes hunting?
2. What happens when Bisclavret sees his wife and her new husband? What are the reactions of others to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. How does Lanval end up arrested?
4. What happens after the maiden gives her child to her sister?
5. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
8. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
9. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
10. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
This section contains 1,031 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)