|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(b) Not at first.
2. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) An old knight.
(b) A young and valiant knight.
(c) A young and handsome king.
(d) A young king.
3. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Steal her husband's clothes.
(b) Protect her husband.
(c) Banish her husband.
(d) Kill her husband.
4. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
(a) He helps him find his clothes.
(b) He makes him a knight.
(c) He makes him an act in the circus.
(d) He spares its life and takes Bisclavret back to his castle to live.
5. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
2. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
3. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
4. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
5. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bisclavret become a part of the king's household?
2. What does the knight do regarding the potion during his climb?
3. For what are the king's advisers eager? How does the woman feel about the situation?
4. Why does the lady believe that the knight's title is appropriate?
5. How does a knight's wife end up locked away?
6. What happens when Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight?
7. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
8. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
9. Why does a lady arrange a tournament?
10. How does this story end?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)