|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) The servants.
(b) The king.
(c) His dogs.
(d) The horses.
2. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) A beautiful view.
(c) A small dingy.
(d) A beautiful ebony ship with silken sails.
3. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He banishes him.
(b) He arrests him.
(c) He has him killed.
(d) He tortures him.
4. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(b) The veil.
(c) Le Fresne's face.
(d) The fine cloth on the bed.
5. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
(c) A letter.
(d) A big hug.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lanval go?
2. In honor of the marriage, what does Le Fresne do?
3. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
4. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
5. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens the night before the tournament?
2. Who comes to this woman's rescue?
3. How does the seneschal's wife respond to the king's interests? Why does she respond this way?
4. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
5. Why is Tristram hiding in the woods?
6. What does the knight give the lady before he dies? Why?
7. Why does a young wife need help?
8. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
9. What does the husband do with the nightingale?
10. What happens when Bisclavret sees his wife and her new husband? What are the reactions of others to Bisclavret's behavior?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)