Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He collapses, dead.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He kisses the princess.
(d) He runs down the mountain.
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She is banished from the kingdom.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is unable to have children.
(d) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(b) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(c) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(d) The king says he will marry another woman.
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A white deer.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A hog.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
2. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
3. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
4. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
5. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
2. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
3. What does Tristram compose? Why does he do this?
4. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
5. How is Lanval's love returned to him?
6. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
7. How does the woman learn that Le Fresne is her lost daughter?
8. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
9. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
10. What happens between the lovers at the end of the story?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)