|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
(b) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(c) Return to his home.
(d) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
2. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He declines.
(b) He turns and runs.
(c) He does not respond.
(d) He tells her he loves her.
3. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
4. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
5. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
(a) Many women try to untie the knot in his shirt, but cannot.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He finds a good job.
(d) No women are interested in him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Equitan and the woman meet?
2. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
3. Why does the princess refuse to elope?
4. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
5. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
2. How does Meriaduc learn of the lady's love for another man? What does he do about this?
3. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
4. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
5. For what are the king's advisers eager? How does the woman feel about the situation?
6. What decree does the king send out? Why?
7. What happens when Equitan falls in love?
8. What does the lady intend to write for the four knights? What does the knight think she should call it?
9. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
10. Who is Eliduc? What has happened to him?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)