|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He returns to his home.
(b) He the chapel to pray.
(c) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(d) He goes to build his own castle.
2. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would be embarrassed.
(b) He would need new clothes.
(c) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(d) He would be naked.
3. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is sent to his love.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) His life is threatened.
(d) He is banished.
4. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
(c) Not at first.
5. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Steal her husband's clothes.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Protect her husband.
(d) Banish her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
2. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
3. To where does Lanval follow these women?
4. What is the woman forced to do?
5. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role does the king play in the woman's schemes?
2. Why does Guilliadun's body end up in a chapel?
3. How does Eliduc's wife save Guilliadun?
4. For what are the king's advisers eager? How does the woman feel about the situation?
5. Why does the lady believe that the knight's title is appropriate?
6. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
7. What leads the princess to tell the knight to get a potion from her aunt?
8. How do the lovers show their love? What promise do they make to each other?
9. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
10. What does the king do at the end of the story?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)