|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) A young king.
(b) An old knight.
(c) A young and handsome king.
(d) A young and valiant knight.
2. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) A guest bedroom.
(c) His castle.
(d) The lady's chambers.
3. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He begs for the woman to love him.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He has his seneschal killed.
4. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He turns and runs.
(b) He tells her he loves her.
(c) He declines.
(d) He does not respond.
5. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He hands him the letter.
(b) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
(c) He hugs the man.
(d) He runs out of the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
2. Who approaches the court?
3. This lord loves her, but how does she respond?
4. Near a high mountain is what city?
5. On what does Lanval's lover enter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the knight do with the potion before he begins the climb?
2. How is Guigemar's life threatened? Why is it threatened? What is the conclusion of this story?
3. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
4. How does Lanval meet the love of his life?
5. What does the knight do regarding the potion during his climb?
6. How does Eliduc's wife save Guilliadun?
7. For what are the king's advisers eager? How does the woman feel about the situation?
8. Why do a knight and his neighbor's wife send messages and gifts to each other?
9. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
10. Who comes to this woman's rescue?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)