|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
2. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) A few.
(d) Only one.
3. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He begs for help.
(b) He growls at the king.
(c) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
4. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
5. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
(a) He tortures the woman until she tells everything.
(b) He banishes her.
(c) He arrests her.
(d) He has her killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does an old lord keep locked away?
2. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
3. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
4. When do Equitan and the woman meet?
5. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Milun and his son meet for the first time?
2. What happens the night before the tournament?
3. What does Isolde urge Tristram to do? Why do they weep?
4. What happens when the ship arrives at an ancient city?
5. What does the woman do so she may marry a knight from a nearby land?
6. How does Le Fresne end up being raised by an abbess?
7. What happens when Guigemar first arrives at Meriaduc's castle?
8. Why does a young wife need help?
9. What does Arthur do about his arrested knight?
10. Describe the relationship between Bisclavret and his wife, prior to her learning about his becoming a werewolf?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)