|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
(b) Pray for her love.
(c) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(d) Write a letter to her love.
2. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He creates a magic spell with it.
(b) He uses it to season his dinner.
(c) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
(d) He chews on it.
3. What has happened to three of the four knights?
(a) They have returned home.
(b) The are asked to fight in the tournament.
(c) They are allowed to stay.
(d) They are killed.
4. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She has returned home.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She still has color in her cheeks.
(d) She no longer loves him.
5. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
(a) Within a week.
(b) Within an hour.
(c) Within a minute.
(d) Within a day.
6. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The arrows.
(b) The sword.
(c) The spikes.
(d) The poison.
7. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He kills the neighbor.
(b) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
(c) He shuts the window.
(d) He kills the nightingale.
8. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
(a) She is dangerous.
(b) She is ugly.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) She is scary.
9. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
(b) She is trapped in her own home.
(c) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(d) She is afraid of the dark.
10. What will the woman name her son?
11. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
12. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
(a) She is entranced by the river.
(b) She is entranced by the moon.
(c) She is entranced by the song of the nightingale.
(d) She is in love with the neighbor and watches him.
13. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He has returned home.
(c) He has won the heart of the woman.
(d) He is badly wounded.
14. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
15. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
2. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
3. What happens the night before the tournament?
4. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
5. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)