|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His name.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His necklace.
(d) His ring.
2. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows his trail of feathers.
(b) She follows his scent.
(c) She follows his footsteps.
(d) She follows the trail of blood.
3. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(b) In a bouquet of flowers.
(c) Beneath a rug.
(d) In a jeweled box.
4. Where does Tristram hide?
(a) In the woods.
(b) With Isolde in her chamber.
(c) In his home.
(d) By the river.
5. Who is King Mark?
(a) The queen's step father.
(b) Tristram's uncle.
(c) Tristram's father.
(d) The queen's husband.
6. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He buries her.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(d) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
7. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her servant.
(d) Her mother.
8. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about the four knights.
(b) A lai about him.
(c) A lai about the king.
(d) A lai about her life.
9. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the five knights.
10. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
(b) In hope of talking to the queen.
(c) In hope of avoiding the king.
(d) In hope of being saved.
11. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The arrows.
(b) The spikes.
(c) The poison.
(d) The sword.
12. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
(a) In the swan's feathers.
(b) In the same jeweled box.
(c) Beneath the rug.
(d) In another bouquet of flowers.
13. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A necklace.
14. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(b) A little angry.
15. What will the woman name her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
2. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
3. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
4. Who is waiting for Isolde?
5. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)