|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
(a) She is killed by her husband.
(b) She begs for forgiveness.
(c) She then runs away.
(d) She then faints away, dead.
2. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
(a) In the same jeweled box.
(b) Beneath the rug.
(c) In another bouquet of flowers.
(d) In the swan's feathers.
3. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
4. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With power over the king's lands.
(b) With knighthood.
(c) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) With a bride.
5. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) The king requests the service of all his knights.
(b) The knights are all killed.
(c) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
(d) The woman cancels the tournament.
6. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Pray for her love.
(b) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(c) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
(d) Write a letter to her love.
7. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(b) A little angry.
8. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(d) He buries her.
9. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
10. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(c) Rose petal.
11. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
12. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
(a) Return to the kingdom.
(b) Run away.
(d) Marry her.
13. What comes from beneath the altar?
(a) A weasel.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
14. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He has tired of the kingdom.
(d) He is not allowed to stay.
15. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
(a) He misses his friends.
(b) He can not marry the woman he loves.
(c) He can take no pleasure with the one he loves.
(d) He can no longer fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
2. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
3. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
4. What does the lady do for the three knights?
5. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)