|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(b) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(c) To show the king how much power she has.
(d) For the knights to practice their skills.
2. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the six knights.
3. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
(a) He sends her poems.
(b) He leaves the kingdom.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He composes a lai.
4. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He becomes very angry.
(b) He cries.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He laughs in spite.
5. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The sword.
(b) The spikes.
(c) The arrows.
(d) The poison.
6. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(d) Rose petal.
7. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
(a) Run away.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Return to the kingdom.
8. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
9. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(a) Her maids.
(b) A group of knights.
(d) King Mark.
10. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She has returned home.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She still has color in her cheeks.
(d) She no longer loves him.
11. What has happened to three of the four knights?
(a) They have returned home.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They are allowed to stay.
(d) The are asked to fight in the tournament.
12. What does the lady do for the three knights?
(a) She sends them thank you cards.
(b) She has them buried with honor.
(c) She has them put to death.
(d) She has them banisehd from the kingdom.
13. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
(a) Guilliadun becomes more beautiful.
(b) Guillaidun awakens and returns home to her father.
(c) Guilliadun is brought back to life.
(d) Guilliadun dies.
14. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her mother.
(d) Her servant.
15. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk dragon.
(b) The hawk god.
(c) The hawk knight.
(d) The hawk king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
2. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
3. What has happened to the fourth knight?
4. Where does Tristram hide?
5. Who is King Mark?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)