|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With a bride.
(b) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
(c) With power over the king's lands.
(d) With knighthood.
2. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(d) A little angry.
3. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk god.
(b) The hawk knight.
(c) The hawk dragon.
(d) The hawk king.
4. What will the woman name her son?
5. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
6. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
(b) A revolver and magic necklace.
(c) A sword and a magic ring.
(d) A bow and arrow.
7. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Due to false rumors.
(b) Because the king is jealous of him.
(c) Because he has broken the rules.
(d) Due to his poor behavior.
8. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(b) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(c) He kisses her picture every day.
(d) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
9. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She writes him letters.
(b) She visits his home every day.
(c) She sends gifts with her servants.
(d) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
10. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
(a) His love no longer loves him.
(b) His love has married.
(c) His love is a nun.
(d) His love has become ill.
11. What has happened to three of the four knights?
(a) They are killed.
(b) They have returned home.
(c) They are allowed to stay.
(d) The are asked to fight in the tournament.
12. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She returns home.
(b) She cries.
(c) She faints away, as if dead.
(d) She attempts suicide.
13. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
(a) The king's daughter.
(b) The king's daughter's maid.
(c) The queen's sister.
(d) The queen.
14. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
15. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) To show the king how much power she has.
(b) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(c) For the knights to practice their skills.
(d) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tristram love?
2. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
3. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
4. What happens the night before the tournament?
5. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)