|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliduc convince Guilliadun to do?
(a) To return with him by sea to his homeland.
(b) To be his servant.
(c) To marry him.
(d) To leave him alone.
2. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He creates a magic spell with it.
(b) He chews on it.
(c) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
(d) He uses it to season his dinner.
3. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows his scent.
(b) She follows the trail of blood.
(c) She follows his trail of feathers.
(d) She follows his footsteps.
4. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(c) A little angry.
5. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) The woman cancels the tournament.
(b) The knights are all killed.
(c) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
(d) The king requests the service of all his knights.
6. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She marries someone else she loves.
(b) She waits for him.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She unwillingly marries another man.
7. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
(a) A fearless knight with a broad reputation.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A weak-minded tax collector.
(d) A reckless teenager.
8. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
(a) She is killed by her husband.
(b) She then runs away.
(c) She begs for forgiveness.
(d) She then faints away, dead.
9. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
10. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The poison.
(b) The sword.
(c) The arrows.
(d) The spikes.
11. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(a) Her maids.
(b) King Mark.
(d) A group of knights.
12. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She attempts suicide.
(b) She cries.
(c) She returns home.
(d) She faints away, as if dead.
13. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
(a) It begins to fade.
(b) It stays the same.
(c) It begins to return.
(d) It grows.
14. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her sister.
15. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
2. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
3. In what town live two very valiant knights?
4. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
5. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)