|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
2. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
(a) He composes a lai.
(b) He leaves the kingdom.
(c) He proposes to her.
(d) He sends her poems.
3. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A necklace.
4. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
5. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(b) He buries her.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
6. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(b) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(c) He kisses her picture every day.
(d) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
7. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Pray for her love.
(b) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(c) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
(d) Write a letter to her love.
8. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His name.
(c) His ring.
(d) His eyes.
9. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) He fears for her life.
(c) She is so closely protected.
(d) She lives far away.
10. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(b) For many years.
(c) For a year.
(d) For a week.
11. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
(b) In hope of avoiding the king.
(c) In hope of talking to the queen.
(d) In hope of being saved.
12. What will the woman name her son?
13. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her mother.
14. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(a) King Mark.
(b) Her maids.
(c) A group of knights.
15. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) In a jeweled box.
(b) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(c) Beneath a rug.
(d) In a bouquet of flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
2. Why is Eliduc banished?
3. What does Chevrefoil mean?
4. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
5. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)