|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tristram love?
(a) His step sister.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His neihbor's wife.
(d) The queen.
2. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It grows.
(c) It begins to return.
(d) It begins to fade.
3. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows his footsteps.
(b) She follows the trail of blood.
(c) She follows his scent.
(d) She follows his trail of feathers.
4. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(b) A golden ring.
(c) A necklace.
5. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With a bride.
(b) With knighthood.
(c) With power over the king's lands.
(d) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
6. In what town live two very valiant knights?
(a) St. Mattheu.
(b) St. Marie.
(c) St. Malo.
(d) St. Michele.
7. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He buries her.
(c) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(d) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
8. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
(b) He kills the neighbor.
(c) He kills the nightingale.
(d) He shuts the window.
9. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She faints away, as if dead.
(b) She returns home.
(c) She attempts suicide.
(d) She cries.
10. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The spikes.
(b) The arrows.
(c) The sword.
(d) The poison.
11. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She visits his home every day.
(c) She sends gifts with her servants.
(d) She writes him letters.
12. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A king.
(c) A handsome knight.
(d) A god.
13. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
(a) Her wish.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her husband.
14. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) In a bouquet of flowers.
(b) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(c) Beneath a rug.
(d) In a jeweled box.
15. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He becomes very angry.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs in spite.
Short Answer Questions
1. Near Exeter, Eliduc comes across a king who is at war for what reason?
2. What is sent with the child?
3. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
4. Who is waiting for Isolde?
5. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)