|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
(a) She has him nursed back to health.
(b) She finds him a suitable wife.
(c) She banishes him.
(d) She has him buried with honor.
2. Where does Tristram hide?
(a) In his home.
(b) In the woods.
(c) By the river.
(d) With Isolde in her chamber.
3. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
(a) She is killed by her husband.
(b) She then runs away.
(c) She then faints away, dead.
(d) She begs for forgiveness.
4. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
5. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) The woman's home town.
(c) The local villages.
(d) Far away.
6. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
(a) A reckless teenager.
(b) A fearless knight with a broad reputation.
(c) A weak-minded tax collector.
(d) A kind man.
7. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Because the king is jealous of him.
(b) Due to false rumors.
(c) Due to his poor behavior.
(d) Because he has broken the rules.
8. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His name.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His ring.
9. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(c) Rose petal.
10. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her wish.
(d) Her faith.
11. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She visits his home every day.
(b) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(c) She writes him letters.
(d) She sends gifts with her servants.
12. What will the woman name her son?
13. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He becomes very angry.
(c) He laughs in spite.
(d) He cries.
14. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about him.
(b) A lai about her life.
(c) A lai about the four knights.
(d) A lai about the king.
15. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She waits for him.
(b) She unwillingly marries another man.
(c) She marries someone else she loves.
(d) She becomes a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is sent with the child?
2. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
3. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
4. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
5. What does the lady do for the three knights?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)