|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A sword and a magic ring.
(b) A revolver and magic necklace.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
2. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(b) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(c) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
(d) He kisses her picture every day.
3. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She has returned home.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She still has color in her cheeks.
(d) She no longer loves him.
4. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She lives far away.
(b) He fears for her life.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is so closely protected.
5. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) Far away.
(b) The kingdom.
(c) The woman's home town.
(d) The local villages.
6. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(b) In a jeweled box.
(c) In a bouquet of flowers.
(d) Beneath a rug.
7. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The spikes.
(b) The sword.
(c) The poison.
(d) The arrows.
8. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
(a) He sends her poems.
(b) He composes a lai.
(c) He leaves the kingdom.
(d) He proposes to her.
9. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk dragon.
(b) The hawk knight.
(c) The hawk god.
(d) The hawk king.
10. What has happened to three of the four knights?
(a) They have returned home.
(b) The are asked to fight in the tournament.
(c) They are allowed to stay.
(d) They are killed.
11. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
(a) She is dangerous.
(b) He is jealous.
(c) She is scary.
(d) She is ugly.
12. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She writes him letters.
(b) She sends gifts with her servants.
(c) She visits his home every day.
(d) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
13. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(a) Rose petal.
14. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
(a) His love has become ill.
(b) His love is a nun.
(c) His love no longer loves him.
(d) His love has married.
15. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Due to his poor behavior.
(b) Because he has broken the rules.
(c) Because the king is jealous of him.
(d) Due to false rumors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
2. In what town live two very valiant knights?
3. Milun hears about a brave knight and determines to do what?
4. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
5. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)