|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A handsome knight.
(c) A god.
(d) A king.
2. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(b) For a week.
(c) For many years.
(d) For a year.
3. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
(a) Seven brave and handsome knights.
(b) Six brave and handsome knights.
(c) Five brave and handsome knights.
(d) Four brave and handsome knights.
4. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
(a) Guilliadun dies.
(b) Guilliadun is brought back to life.
(c) Guilliadun becomes more beautiful.
(d) Guillaidun awakens and returns home to her father.
5. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She writes him letters.
(c) She visits his home every day.
(d) She sends gifts with her servants.
6. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(c) Rose petal.
7. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(b) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
(c) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(d) He kisses her picture every day.
8. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He buries her.
(b) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(c) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(d) He marries her.
9. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
(b) In hope of avoiding the king.
(c) In hope of talking to the queen.
(d) In hope of being saved.
10. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His name.
(b) His necklace.
(c) His ring.
(d) His eyes.
11. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A sword and a magic ring.
(b) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A revolver and magic necklace.
12. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
13. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(b) She is trapped in her own home.
(c) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
(d) She is afraid of the dark.
14. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Pray for her love.
(b) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(c) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
(d) Write a letter to her love.
15. Near Exeter, Eliduc comes across a king who is at war for what reason?
(a) He will not give away his beautiful daughter in marriage.
(b) Rumors have been spread about him.
(c) He will not surrender his kingdom.
(d) He wants more land and power.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
2. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
3. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
4. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
5. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)