|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the five knights.
2. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her servant.
3. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) For the knights to practice their skills.
(b) To show the king how much power she has.
(c) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(d) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
4. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(c) She is afraid of the dark.
(d) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
5. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
(a) Guillaidun awakens and returns home to her father.
(b) Guilliadun is brought back to life.
(c) Guilliadun becomes more beautiful.
(d) Guilliadun dies.
6. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
(a) Four brave and handsome knights.
(b) Seven brave and handsome knights.
(c) Six brave and handsome knights.
(d) Five brave and handsome knights.
7. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
(a) A reckless teenager.
(b) A weak-minded tax collector.
(c) A fearless knight with a broad reputation.
(d) A kind man.
8. What happens after the lady tells her son the story of his birth and gives him the gift from his true father?
(a) She then runs away.
(b) She begs for forgiveness.
(c) She then faints away, dead.
(d) She is killed by her husband.
9. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(a) A group of knights.
(c) King Mark.
(d) Her maids.
10. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He becomes very angry.
(b) He laughs in spite.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He cries.
11. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
(a) A church.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A chapel.
12. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
13. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He asks him to marry his daughter.
(b) He sends him to the Crusades.
(c) He makes him a knight.
(d) He banishes him from the kingdom.
14. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
15. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) He fears for her life.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She lives far away.
(d) She is so closely protected.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
2. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
3. In what town live two very valiant knights?
4. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
5. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)