|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Tristram love?
(a) His neihbor's wife.
(b) The queen.
(c) His neighbor.
(d) His step sister.
2. What does the lady do for the three knights?
(a) She has them put to death.
(b) She has them banisehd from the kingdom.
(c) She has them buried with honor.
(d) She sends them thank you cards.
3. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Due to false rumors.
(b) Because he has broken the rules.
(c) Because the king is jealous of him.
(d) Due to his poor behavior.
4. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(b) He sends him to the Crusades.
(c) He asks him to marry his daughter.
(d) He makes him a knight.
5. What comes from beneath the altar?
(a) A rat.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A mouse.
6. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A necklace.
7. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
(a) He is jealous.
(b) She is dangerous.
(c) She is scary.
(d) She is ugly.
8. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(c) He buries her.
(d) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
9. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
(a) He can not marry the woman he loves.
(b) He can take no pleasure with the one he loves.
(c) He misses his friends.
(d) He can no longer fight.
10. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She cries.
(b) She attempts suicide.
(c) She returns home.
(d) She faints away, as if dead.
11. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He cries.
(b) He laughs in spite.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He becomes very angry.
12. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For the rest of his life.
(b) For many years.
(c) For a week.
(d) For a year.
13. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(b) Smoke from the spell.
(c) A pot cooking over a fire.
(d) The stick.
14. Who is King Mark?
(a) The queen's step father.
(b) Tristram's uncle.
(c) Tristram's father.
(d) The queen's husband.
15. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens the night before the tournament?
2. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
3. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
4. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
5. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)