|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) Far away.
(c) The local villages.
(d) The woman's home town.
2. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows the trail of blood.
(b) She follows his footsteps.
(c) She follows his scent.
(d) She follows his trail of feathers.
3. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
4. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk god.
(b) The hawk king.
(c) The hawk dragon.
(d) The hawk knight.
5. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A sword and a magic ring.
(b) A revolver and magic necklace.
(c) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
(d) A bow and arrow.
6. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of being saved.
(b) In hope of talking to the queen.
(c) In hope of avoiding the king.
(d) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
7. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The arrows.
(b) The poison.
(c) The spikes.
(d) The sword.
8. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) The king requests the service of all his knights.
(b) The knights are all killed.
(c) The woman cancels the tournament.
(d) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
9. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Due to his poor behavior.
(b) Because he has broken the rules.
(c) Because the king is jealous of him.
(d) Due to false rumors.
10. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She cries.
(b) She returns home.
(c) She attempts suicide.
(d) She faints away, as if dead.
11. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the four knights.
12. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She marries someone else she loves.
(b) She becomes a nun.
(c) She waits for him.
(d) She unwillingly marries another man.
13. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
(a) She is entranced by the song of the nightingale.
(b) She is entranced by the moon.
(c) She is entranced by the river.
(d) She is in love with the neighbor and watches him.
14. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She is afraid of the dark.
(c) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(d) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
15. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) She attempts to kill her.
(b) She bows down to her.
(c) She banishes her.
(d) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comes from beneath the altar?
2. Near Exeter, Eliduc comes across a king who is at war for what reason?
3. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
4. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
5. What does the woman send to her lover?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)