|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her sister.
2. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A king.
(c) A handsome knight.
(d) A god.
3. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
(b) The knights are all killed.
(c) The king requests the service of all his knights.
(d) The woman cancels the tournament.
4. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(a) Her maids.
(b) King Mark.
(d) A group of knights.
5. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
(a) The king's daughter's maid.
(b) The queen's sister.
(c) The king's daughter.
(d) The queen.
6. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(c) A little angry.
7. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
(a) In the same jeweled box.
(b) In the swan's feathers.
(c) In another bouquet of flowers.
(d) Beneath the rug.
8. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
9. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He kills the nightingale.
(b) He shuts the window.
(c) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
(d) He kills the neighbor.
10. What comes from beneath the altar?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A weasel.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rat.
11. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a year.
(c) For the rest of his life.
(d) For many years.
12. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With knighthood.
(b) With power over the king's lands.
(c) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) With a bride.
13. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
(c) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(d) She is afraid of the dark.
14. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(b) To show the king how much power she has.
(c) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(d) For the knights to practice their skills.
15. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A church.
(c) A cathedral.
(d) A tomb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
2. What does Chevrefoil mean?
3. One of the knights falls deeply in love with whom?
4. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
5. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)