|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the six knights.
3. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(d) A little angry.
4. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(b) He sends him to the Crusades.
(c) He asks him to marry his daughter.
(d) He makes him a knight.
5. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He kills the nightingale.
(b) He shuts the window.
(c) He kills the neighbor.
(d) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
6. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
(a) A weak-minded tax collector.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A reckless teenager.
(d) A fearless knight with a broad reputation.
7. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk king.
(b) The hawk dragon.
(c) The hawk knight.
(d) The hawk god.
8. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She is afraid of him.
(b) She lives far away.
(c) She is so closely protected.
(d) He fears for her life.
9. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(b) Her maids.
(c) King Mark.
(d) A group of knights.
10. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Pray for her love.
(b) Write a letter to her love.
(c) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(d) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
11. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
(a) He can take no pleasure with the one he loves.
(b) He can not marry the woman he loves.
(c) He can no longer fight.
(d) He misses his friends.
12. Where does Tristram hide?
(a) In his home.
(b) By the river.
(c) With Isolde in her chamber.
(d) In the woods.
13. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He is badly wounded.
(b) He has returned home.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has won the heart of the woman.
14. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) She banishes her.
(b) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
(c) She bows down to her.
(d) She attempts to kill her.
15. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Because he has broken the rules.
(b) Because the king is jealous of him.
(c) Due to false rumors.
(d) Due to his poor behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
2. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
3. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
4. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
5. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)