|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He buries her.
(c) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(d) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
2. Who is King Mark?
(a) Tristram's father.
(b) Tristram's uncle.
(c) The queen's husband.
(d) The queen's step father.
3. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She lives far away.
(b) He fears for her life.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is so closely protected.
4. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
(a) It begins to return.
(b) It begins to fade.
(c) It grows.
(d) It stays the same.
5. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
6. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
7. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(b) In a jeweled box.
(c) In a bouquet of flowers.
(d) Beneath a rug.
8. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) Far away.
(b) The local villages.
(c) The woman's home town.
(d) The kingdom.
9. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
(a) Within an hour.
(b) Within a week.
(c) Within a day.
(d) Within a minute.
10. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With power over the king's lands.
(b) With a bride.
(c) With knighthood.
(d) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
11. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(a) Rose petal.
12. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
(c) She is afraid of the dark.
(d) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
13. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(b) Smoke from the spell.
(c) The stick.
(d) A pot cooking over a fire.
14. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She visits his home every day.
(c) She writes him letters.
(d) She sends gifts with her servants.
15. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
(a) Her wish.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
2. What has happened to three of the four knights?
3. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
4. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
5. What will the woman name her son?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)