|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Milun hears about a brave knight and determines to do what?
(a) Learn from him.
(b) Meet him.
(c) See if he is his son.
(d) Seek him out and challenge him.
2. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
(a) A cathedral.
(b) A church.
(c) A tomb.
(d) A chapel.
3. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A revolver and magic necklace.
(b) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A sword and a magic ring.
4. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He uses it to season his dinner.
(b) He creates a magic spell with it.
(c) He chews on it.
(d) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
5. What does Eliduc convince Guilliadun to do?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To be his servant.
(c) To return with him by sea to his homeland.
(d) To leave him alone.
6. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
(a) She is ugly.
(b) She is scary.
(c) He is jealous.
(d) She is dangerous.
7. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
(a) She has him nursed back to health.
(b) She finds him a suitable wife.
(c) She has him buried with honor.
(d) She banishes him.
8. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He marries her.
(b) He buries her.
(c) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(d) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
9. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She visits his home every day.
(c) She writes him letters.
(d) She sends gifts with her servants.
10. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
11. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) She attempts to kill her.
(b) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
(c) She banishes her.
(d) She bows down to her.
12. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has returned home.
(b) He is badly wounded.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has won the heart of the woman.
13. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(c) He has tired of the kingdom.
(d) He is not allowed to stay.
14. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A necklace.
15. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chevrefoil mean?
2. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
3. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
4. Where does Tristram hide?
5. From where do knights come for this tournament?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)