|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows the trail of blood.
(b) She follows his footsteps.
(c) She follows his scent.
(d) She follows his trail of feathers.
2. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His ring.
(c) His name.
(d) His necklace.
3. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of talking to the queen.
(b) In hope of being saved.
(c) In hope of avoiding the king.
(d) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
4. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
(b) She attempts to kill her.
(c) She banishes her.
(d) She bows down to her.
5. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has won the heart of the woman.
(b) He is badly wounded.
(c) He has returned home.
(d) He has been killed.
6. What happens the night before the tournament?
(a) A battle breaks out among all the knights who have assembled.
(b) The knights are all killed.
(c) The king requests the service of all his knights.
(d) The woman cancels the tournament.
7. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He buries her.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(d) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
8. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(a) Smoke from the spell.
(b) A pot cooking over a fire.
(d) The stick.
9. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk god.
(b) The hawk knight.
(c) The hawk dragon.
(d) The hawk king.
10. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
(a) In the swan's feathers.
(b) Beneath the rug.
(c) In another bouquet of flowers.
(d) In the same jeweled box.
11. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) For the knights to practice their skills.
(b) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(c) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(d) To show the king how much power she has.
12. What is sent with the child?
(a) Milun's money and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(b) Milun's ring and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(c) Milun's flowers and a letter explaining about her predicament.
(d) Milun's necklace and a letter explaining about her predicament.
13. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about the four knights.
(b) A lai about the king.
(c) A lai about her life.
(d) A lai about him.
14. Who is King Mark?
(a) The queen's husband.
(b) The queen's step father.
(c) Tristram's father.
(d) Tristram's uncle.
15. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(c) A necklace.
(d) A golden ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
2. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
3. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
4. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
5. What does Tristram do to express the joy he felt at seeing his love again?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)