|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The spikes.
(b) The arrows.
(c) The poison.
(d) The sword.
2. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(b) A golden ring.
(d) A necklace.
3. What does Chevrefoil mean?
(a) Rose petal.
4. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She cries.
(b) She returns home.
(c) She attempts suicide.
(d) She faints away, as if dead.
5. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) Far away.
(c) The local villages.
(d) The woman's home town.
6. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
(a) He can no longer fight.
(b) He can take no pleasure with the one he loves.
(c) He can not marry the woman he loves.
(d) He misses his friends.
7. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His necklace.
(b) His ring.
(c) His name.
(d) His eyes.
8. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
(a) Her wish.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her husband.
9. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
(a) Return to the kingdom.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Run away.
10. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) She banishes her.
(b) She bows down to her.
(c) She attempts to kill her.
(d) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
11. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
(a) Guilliadun dies.
(b) Guilliadun becomes more beautiful.
(c) Guilliadun is brought back to life.
(d) Guillaidun awakens and returns home to her father.
12. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the four knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
13. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about him.
(b) A lai about the four knights.
(c) A lai about her life.
(d) A lai about the king.
14. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(b) He sends him to the Crusades.
(c) He makes him a knight.
(d) He asks him to marry his daughter.
15. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(d) A little angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Tristram love?
2. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
3. Who is waiting for Isolde?
4. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
5. What is sent with the child?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)