|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has returned home.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He is badly wounded.
(d) He has won the heart of the woman.
2. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
(a) She follows his trail of feathers.
(b) She follows his scent.
(c) She follows the trail of blood.
(d) She follows his footsteps.
3. How does the lady feel about her plan going wrong?
(d) A little angry.
4. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
5. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
(a) She finds him a suitable wife.
(b) She has him nursed back to health.
(c) She banishes him.
(d) She has him buried with honor.
6. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her mother.
7. What does the woman's lover do with what she has sent him?
(a) He wears it for the rest of his life.
(b) He reads it every night to her out the window.
(c) He kisses her picture every day.
(d) He makes a jeweled box to hold the body of the nightingale.
8. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
(b) He kills the nightingale.
(c) He kills the neighbor.
(d) He shuts the window.
9. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
(a) The hawk knight.
(b) The hawk dragon.
(c) The hawk god.
(d) The hawk king.
10. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
11. In what town live two very valiant knights?
(a) St. Marie.
(b) St. Michele.
(c) St. Malo.
(d) St. Mattheu.
12. He tells her he has always loved her, and what brought him to her?
(a) Her wish.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her faith.
13. What will the woman name her son?
14. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is not allowed to stay.
(c) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(d) He has tired of the kingdom.
15. Who is King Mark?
(a) Tristram's uncle.
(b) The queen's husband.
(c) The queen's step father.
(d) Tristram's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
2. Who does Tristram love?
3. What comes from beneath the altar?
4. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
5. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)