|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(b) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(c) He marries her.
(d) He buries her.
2. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
3. Any time she wishes for him to appear, he will come how quickly?
(a) Within a week.
(b) Within a day.
(c) Within a minute.
(d) Within an hour.
4. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has returned home.
(b) He has won the heart of the woman.
(c) He is badly wounded.
(d) He has been killed.
5. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
(a) His love is a nun.
(b) His love has become ill.
(c) His love has married.
(d) His love no longer loves him.
6. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She is so closely protected.
(b) She is afraid of him.
(c) She lives far away.
(d) He fears for her life.
7. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For many years.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) For a year.
(d) For a week.
8. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
(a) A god.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A handsome knight.
(d) A king.
9. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
(a) In the swan's feathers.
(b) In the same jeweled box.
(c) Beneath the rug.
(d) In another bouquet of flowers.
10. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She has returned home.
(b) She still has color in her cheeks.
(c) She no longer loves him.
(d) She is dead.
11. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
(a) She finds him a suitable wife.
(b) She banishes him.
(c) She has him buried with honor.
(d) She has him nursed back to health.
12. Who does Tristram love?
(a) His neighbor.
(b) The queen.
(c) His step sister.
(d) His neihbor's wife.
13. Their son has learned the story of his parents and has grown into what?
(a) A fearless knight with a broad reputation.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A weak-minded tax collector.
(d) A reckless teenager.
14. How does the maiden feel about becoming pregnant and giving birth to a son?
15. What does the lady do for the three knights?
(a) She has them banisehd from the kingdom.
(b) She has them put to death.
(c) She has them buried with honor.
(d) She sends them thank you cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
2. Why is Eliduc banished?
3. What happens the night before the tournament?
4. In Britain lives a rich lord with a beautiful young wife who he keeps locked away due to what reason?
5. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)