|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
(a) She is entranced by the river.
(b) She is in love with the neighbor and watches him.
(c) She is entranced by the moon.
(d) She is entranced by the song of the nightingale.
2. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is trapped in her own home.
(b) She is afraid of the dark.
(c) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
(d) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
3. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She sends gifts with her servants.
(c) She writes him letters.
(d) She visits his home every day.
4. Why is Eliduc banished?
(a) Due to his poor behavior.
(b) Because he has broken the rules.
(c) Due to false rumors.
(d) Because the king is jealous of him.
5. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
(a) Six brave and handsome knights.
(b) Four brave and handsome knights.
(c) Five brave and handsome knights.
(d) Seven brave and handsome knights.
6. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He buries her.
(b) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(c) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
(d) He marries her.
7. Eliduc cleverly helps defeat the king's enemies and is rewarded how?
(a) With knighthood.
(b) With a bride.
(c) With his daughter's hand in marriage.
(d) With power over the king's lands.
8. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A necklace.
9. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
(a) She faints away, as if dead.
(b) She attempts suicide.
(c) She returns home.
(d) She cries.
10. Who is King Mark?
(a) The queen's step father.
(b) Tristram's father.
(c) The queen's husband.
(d) Tristram's uncle.
11. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
(a) The king's daughter.
(b) The queen.
(c) The king's daughter's maid.
(d) The queen's sister.
12. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(b) To show the king how much power she has.
(c) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(d) For the knights to practice their skills.
13. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He laughs in spite.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He becomes very angry.
(d) He cries.
14. Who does Tristram love?
(a) His neihbor's wife.
(b) His step sister.
(c) The queen.
(d) His neighbor.
15. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(b) Write a letter to her love.
(c) Pray for her love.
(d) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman send to her lover?
2. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
3. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
4. What does Eliduc convince Guilliadun to do?
5. What will the woman name her son?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)