|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tristram hide?
(a) In his home.
(b) By the river.
(c) With Isolde in her chamber.
(d) In the woods.
2. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) To show the king how much power she has.
(b) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(c) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(d) For the knights to practice their skills.
3. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(b) He has tired of the kingdom.
(c) He is not allowed to stay.
(d) He is bored.
4. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The poison.
(b) The spikes.
(c) The sword.
(d) The arrows.
5. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He sends him to the Crusades.
(b) He asks him to marry his daughter.
(c) He makes him a knight.
(d) He banishes him from the kingdom.
6. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) Far away.
(b) The kingdom.
(c) The woman's home town.
(d) The local villages.
7. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
8. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her servant.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
9. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She has returned home.
(c) She still has color in her cheeks.
(d) She no longer loves him.
10. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She unwillingly marries another man.
(b) She marries someone else she loves.
(c) She becomes a nun.
(d) She waits for him.
11. What will the woman name her son?
12. Milun hears about a brave knight and determines to do what?
(a) Meet him.
(b) Seek him out and challenge him.
(c) See if he is his son.
(d) Learn from him.
13. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
(a) Guillaidun awakens and returns home to her father.
(b) Guilliadun is brought back to life.
(c) Guilliadun dies.
(d) Guilliadun becomes more beautiful.
14. When her husband asks why she goes to the window every night, what does she say?
(a) She is in love with the neighbor and watches him.
(b) She is entranced by the moon.
(c) She is entranced by the river.
(d) She is entranced by the song of the nightingale.
15. What is the problem regarding the lady's courtship?
(a) She cannot decide among the five knights.
(b) She cannot decide among the six knights.
(c) She cannot decide among the seven knights.
(d) She cannot decide among the four knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
2. The woman's husband spies on her and discovers what?
3. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
4. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
5. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)