|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) In a jeweled box.
(b) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(c) In a bouquet of flowers.
(d) Beneath a rug.
2. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
(a) He shuts the window.
(b) He kills the nightingale.
(c) He hangs a very heavy curtain.
(d) He kills the neighbor.
3. One of the knights falls deeply in love with whom?
(a) The wife of his butler.
(b) The wife of the other.
(c) His sister-in-law.
(d) His servant girl.
4. Who is waiting for Isolde?
(b) Her maids.
(c) King Mark.
(d) A group of knights.
5. Why does the lady arrange to hold a tournament?
(a) She is bored and wants to be entertained.
(b) To show the king how much power she has.
(c) For the knights to battle for the honor of her love.
(d) For the knights to practice their skills.
6. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
7. What has happened to the fourth knight?
(a) He has been killed.
(b) He is badly wounded.
(c) He has returned home.
(d) He has won the heart of the woman.
8. Milun returns home after achieving fame as a knight. What does he discover?
(a) His love no longer loves him.
(b) His love has become ill.
(c) His love is a nun.
(d) His love has married.
9. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
(a) For a week.
(b) For the rest of his life.
(c) For a year.
(d) For many years.
10. What does King Mark do to Tristram?
(a) He banishes him from the kingdom.
(b) He asks him to marry his daughter.
(c) He sends him to the Crusades.
(d) He makes him a knight.
11. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
(b) He uses it to season his dinner.
(c) He chews on it.
(d) He creates a magic spell with it.
12. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She is so closely protected.
(b) He fears for her life.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She lives far away.
13. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(a) Smoke from the spell.
(b) A pot cooking over a fire.
(c) The stick.
14. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
(a) His eyes.
(b) His ring.
(c) His name.
(d) His necklace.
15. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(b) Her servant.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eliduc's wife places a red flower in Guilliadun's mouth?
2. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
3. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
4. Where does the woman conceal her reply?
5. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)