|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Suddenly, a large hawk flies into her room and magically transforms into what?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A king.
(c) A handsome knight.
(d) A god.
2. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He creates a magic spell with it.
(b) He uses it to season his dinner.
(c) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
(d) He chews on it.
3. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
(a) A pot cooking over a fire.
(b) Smoke from the spell.
(d) The stick.
4. The lord, his wife, and their son attend a feast and then stop by what?
(a) A chapel.
(b) A tomb.
(c) A church.
(d) A cathedral.
5. She tells Milun to take the child to be raised by whom?
(a) Her sister.
(c) Her servant.
(d) Her mother.
6. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) She attempts to kill her.
(b) She bows down to her.
(c) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
(d) She banishes her.
7. Where does Tristram hide?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In his home.
(c) By the river.
(d) With Isolde in her chamber.
8. What comes from beneath the altar?
(a) A rat.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A weasel.
9. How does she feel about receiving the letter from the knight?
10. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She becomes a nun.
(b) She marries someone else she loves.
(c) She waits for him.
(d) She unwillingly marries another man.
11. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She no longer loves him.
(c) She has returned home.
(d) She still has color in her cheeks.
12. One of the knights falls deeply in love with whom?
(a) The wife of his butler.
(b) His servant girl.
(c) The wife of the other.
(d) His sister-in-law.
13. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
(a) A lai about her life.
(b) A lai about the four knights.
(c) A lai about him.
(d) A lai about the king.
14. In what town live two very valiant knights?
(a) St. Marie.
(b) St. Mattheu.
(c) St. Malo.
(d) St. Michele.
15. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
(a) She finds him a suitable wife.
(b) She has him buried with honor.
(c) She banishes him.
(d) She has him nursed back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Guilliadun overhears that Eliduc has a wife?
2. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
3. What does Milun notice about the knight and realizes it is his son?
4. What has happened to three of the four knights?
5. For how long does the knight carry the gift his lover has sent him?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)