|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After two days what is Eliduc surprised to see, regarding Guilliadun?
(a) She still has color in her cheeks.
(b) She no longer loves him.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She has returned home.
2. How does her husband respond to his wife's answer for why she stands at her window?
(a) He laughs in spite.
(b) He becomes very angry.
(c) He cries.
(d) He ignores her.
3. What happens when Eliduc's wife sees Guilliadun?
(a) Guilliadun's beauty overwhelms her.
(b) She attempts to kill her.
(c) She bows down to her.
(d) She banishes her.
4. When the woman's lover returns, he is mortally wounded by what?
(a) The arrows.
(b) The sword.
(c) The poison.
(d) The spikes.
5. What does the woman send to her lover?
(a) The body of the nightingale and a note explaining what has happened.
(b) A magic ring and a note explaining what has happened.
(c) A picture of herself and a note explaining what has happened.
(d) A poem and a note explaining what has happened.
6. The knight writes a letter to his love and conceals it where?
(a) In a jeweled box.
(b) Beneath the feathers of a swan.
(c) Beneath a rug.
(d) In a bouquet of flowers.
7. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
(a) Five brave and handsome knights.
(b) Four brave and handsome knights.
(c) Seven brave and handsome knights.
(d) Six brave and handsome knights.
8. The lady gets out of bed every night to do what?
(a) Write a letter to her love.
(b) Look at the moon and think of her lover.
(c) Stand at her window and gaze at her lover.
(d) Pray for her love.
9. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
(b) Run away.
(c) Return to the kingdom.
(d) Marry her.
10. Who does Tristram love?
(a) His neihbor's wife.
(b) His step sister.
(c) The queen.
(d) His neighbor.
11. What does Tristram do with a stick of hazel?
(a) He carves his name on it, placing it near where he is hiding by a path in the woods.
(b) He uses it to season his dinner.
(c) He creates a magic spell with it.
(d) He chews on it.
12. From where do knights come for this tournament?
(a) The kingdom.
(b) Far away.
(c) The woman's home town.
(d) The local villages.
13. Why does Eliduc leave the kingdom?
(a) He decides to seek his fortune as a mercenary.
(b) He has tired of the kingdom.
(c) He is bored.
(d) He is not allowed to stay.
14. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A sword and a magic ring.
(c) A revolver and magic necklace.
(d) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
15. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the woman find her lover in his castle?
2. Who is King Mark?
3. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
4. What will the woman name her son?
5. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)