|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tristram hide here?
(a) In hope of catching a glimpse of the queen.
(b) In hope of talking to the queen.
(c) In hope of avoiding the king.
(d) In hope of being saved.
2. Milun is the greatest knight in the land who takes the daughter of a nobleman as a lover, giving her what?
(a) A golden ring.
(b) A necklace.
3. How do the knight and his lover manage to send messages and gifts to each other?
(a) She is able to see him in his house from her bedroom window.
(b) She sends gifts with her servants.
(c) She writes him letters.
(d) She visits his home every day.
4. One of the knights falls deeply in love with whom?
(a) The wife of the other.
(b) His sister-in-law.
(c) His servant girl.
(d) The wife of his butler.
5. Why does the fourth knight believe he has suffered more than the other three?
(a) He can take no pleasure with the one he loves.
(b) He can not marry the woman he loves.
(c) He misses his friends.
(d) He can no longer fight.
6. What does the woman do while Milun goes out in search of adventure?
(a) She unwillingly marries another man.
(b) She waits for him.
(c) She marries someone else she loves.
(d) She becomes a nun.
7. What does the woman's lover give her?
(a) A sword and a magic ring.
(b) A bow and arrow.
(c) A dagger and a magic bracelet.
(d) A revolver and magic necklace.
8. Who falls deeply in love with Eliduc?
(a) The queen's sister.
(b) The king's daughter.
(c) The king's daughter's maid.
(d) The queen.
9. Why is the wife distraught?
(a) She is afraid of the dark.
(b) She knows she can no longer go to ther window to look at her lover.
(c) She is trapped in her own home.
(d) She is afraid of what her husband will do.
10. What do Isolde and this person do when she has to leave?
11. When the ship reaches land, what does Eliduc do with Guilliadun?
(a) He buries her.
(b) He marries her.
(c) He has her body placed in a small abandoned chapel near his home.
(d) He takes her to his wife and explains the whole situation.
12. What does Eliduc convince Guilliadun to do?
(a) To leave him alone.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To return with him by sea to his homeland.
(d) To be his servant.
13. Why can the knight not meet his love in person?
(a) She is so closely protected.
(b) She lives far away.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) He fears for her life.
14. Because of her new love, what happens to the woman's beauty?
(a) It stays the same.
(b) It begins to return.
(c) It begins to fade.
(d) It grows.
15. A beautiful lady is courted by whom?
(a) Five brave and handsome knights.
(b) Seven brave and handsome knights.
(c) Six brave and handsome knights.
(d) Four brave and handsome knights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isolde see as she rides on the path?
2. One evening what does the lady tell the fourth knight she intends to write?
3. What does the husband do to make sure his wife is no longer kept awake?
4. What does the lady do for the fourth knight?
5. What does Isolde urge this person to do?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)