|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) His dogs.
(b) The horses.
(c) The king.
(d) The servants.
2. What do these women do for Guigemar?
(a) They leave him alone.
(b) They hire a doctor.
(c) They bandage his wound and hide him behind a curtain.
(d) They give him medicine.
3. When another woman is chosen to be the lord's wife, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She continues to serve Gurun faithfully.
(b) She begs him to not marry the woman.
(c) She hides in her room.
(d) She leaves Gurun's home.
4. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) Her love.
(b) A lord named Meriaduc.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her neighbor.
5. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
(a) He turns and runs away.
(b) He professes his love for her.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He is hesitant.
6. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
(a) Marry the woman.
(b) Stay single.
(c) Find a noble woman to marry.
(d) Send the woman back to her husband.
7. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(b) Poison him.
(c) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
(d) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
8. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
(a) He will be released.
(b) He may return to the kingdom.
(c) He will be promoted.
(d) He may once again be a knight.
9. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She gives her to her servant.
(b) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(c) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
(d) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
10. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A bear.
(c) A hog.
(d) A white deer.
11. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He releases Lanval.
(b) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(c) He marries Lanval and his love.
(d) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
12. Who does an old lord keep locked away?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His brother.
(c) His beautiful young wife.
(d) His parents.
13. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
14. The lord asks Guigemar to do what?
(a) Come help him fight an enemy.
(b) Kill the woman's husband.
(c) Leave the woman alone.
(d) Return to his own kingdom.
15. What happens after these first maidens approach the court?
(a) Another four maidens arrives.
(b) Another five maidens arrives.
(c) Another three maidens arrives.
(d) Another pair of maidens arrives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
2. Who are neighbors in this story?
3. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
4. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
5. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)