|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is banished from the kingdom.
(c) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(d) She is unable to have children.
2. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
(b) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
3. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) He will die alone.
(b) He will be happier.
(c) His wound will never heal.
(d) He will never be happy.
4. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
(a) For being rich and attractive.
(b) For being brave and mighty.
(c) For being a coward and uncertain.
(d) For being generous and living honorably.
5. Who are neighbors in this story?
(a) Two evil knights.
(b) Two good kings.
(c) Two evil knights.
(d) Two good knights.
6. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She gives her to her servant.
(b) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
(c) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(d) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
7. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A tree stump.
(b) A sumptuous tent.
(c) A ship with silken sails.
(d) A beautiful meadow.
8. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(a) A few.
(b) Only one.
9. When do Equitan and the woman meet?
(a) In secret.
(b) At festivals.
(c) At night.
(d) On Sundays.
10. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Return to his home.
(b) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(c) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
(d) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
11. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He tortures him.
(b) He has him killed.
(c) He arrests him.
(d) He banishes him.
12. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) His dogs.
(b) The horses.
(c) The king.
(d) The servants.
13. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(c) He curses them.
(d) He climbs up after them.
14. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
(a) Go to her aunt for a potion to give him the strength to carry her up the mountain.
(b) Train for the climb.
(c) Climb the mountain.
(d) Talk to her father and work out a compromise.
15. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
(a) He tortures the woman until she tells everything.
(b) He banishes her.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) He arrests her.
Short Answer Questions
1. This lord loves her, but how does she respond?
2. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
3. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
4. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
5. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)