|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Help her trap her husband.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Protect her husband.
(d) Be her husband.
2. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) His life is threatened.
(c) He is sent to his love.
(d) He is banished.
3. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(b) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(c) The king says he will marry another woman.
(d) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
4. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) A young king.
(b) A young and handsome king.
(c) An old knight.
(d) A young and valiant knight.
5. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(b) Not at first.
6. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
7. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She braids it.
(b) She cuts it off.
(c) She tucks it in his pants.
(d) She ties an intricate knot.
8. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He marries Lanval and his love.
(b) He releases Lanval.
(c) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(d) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
9. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) His wound will never heal.
(b) He will never be happy.
(c) He will be happier.
(d) He will die alone.
10. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) A few.
(d) Only one.
11. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By jumping into the sea.
(b) By poisoning herself.
(c) By stabbing herself.
(d) By hanging herself.
12. Why does this man try to persuade the princess to elope with him?
(a) He is afraid of the test.
(b) He could never meet her father's challenge.
(c) He is old and feeble.
(d) He does not love her enough to attempt the climb.
13. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He begs for the woman to love him.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He has his seneschal killed.
(d) He becomes angry.
14. How does the king's lover still feel?
15. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
(a) The lady's daughter.
(b) The lady's maid.
(c) The lady's sister.
(d) The lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
2. What does the man do to his wife?
3. To where does Lanval follow these women?
4. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
5. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)