|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In honor of the marriage, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She gives the woman a ring.
(b) She prepares the wedding bed with the fine cloth she was given as an infant.
(c) She makes the veil for the bride.
(d) She leaves the castle.
2. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
3. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) A guest bedroom.
(c) His castle.
(d) The lady's chambers.
4. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
(a) He spares its life and takes Bisclavret back to his castle to live.
(b) He makes him a knight.
(c) He helps him find his clothes.
(d) He makes him an act in the circus.
5. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(c) She is unable to have children.
(d) She is banished from the kingdom.
6. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A beautiful meadow.
(b) A tree stump.
(c) A ship with silken sails.
(d) A sumptuous tent.
7. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
(a) They should go hunting together.
(b) He should return home.
(c) He should leave for Jerusalem.
(d) They each take a bath.
8. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
(d) Not at first.
9. With whose wife does Equitan fall in love?
(a) His uncle's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His seneschal's.
(d) His father's.
10. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A bear.
(b) A white deer.
(c) A hog.
(d) A turkey.
11. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He arrests him.
(b) He has him killed.
(c) He tortures him.
(d) He banishes him.
12. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(b) The king says he will marry another woman.
(c) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(d) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
13. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
(a) They pack her belongings.
(b) They begin to make love on the bed.
(c) They plot to kill him.
(d) They write the husband a Dear John letter.
14. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By poisoning herself.
(b) By jumping into the sea.
(c) By stabbing herself.
(d) By hanging herself.
15. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) A lord named Meriaduc.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
2. As Le Fresne grows into womanhood, what happens?
3. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
4. Why does this man try to persuade the princess to elope with him?
5. When the king discovers the lovers, what does he do?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)