|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A turkey.
(b) A white deer.
(c) A hog.
(d) A bear.
2. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He collapses, dead.
(b) He kisses the princess.
(c) He runs down the mountain.
(d) He begins to cry.
3. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) He finds a good job.
(c) No women are interested in him.
(d) Many women try to untie the knot in his shirt, but cannot.
4. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
(a) She begs to be saved.
(b) She gives both of her babies away.
(c) She gives birth to her twins in secret.
(d) She conspires to have a servant leave one of the girls at a church.
5. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king says he will marry another woman.
(b) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(c) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(d) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
6. What does the woman scheme?
(a) To return to her husband.
(b) To send her husband to the Crusades.
(c) To murder her husband.
(d) To leave her husband.
7. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) His dogs.
(b) The servants.
(c) The king.
(d) The horses.
8. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He returns to his home.
(b) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(c) He the chapel to pray.
(d) He goes to build his own castle.
9. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(d) He growls at him.
10. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He begs for help.
(b) He growls at the king.
(c) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
11. What happens after these first maidens approach the court?
(a) Another three maidens arrives.
(b) Another four maidens arrives.
(c) Another pair of maidens arrives.
(d) Another five maidens arrives.
12. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
(a) He is tired.
(b) He is annoyed by her.
(c) He no longer wants to climb.
(d) He says he has the strength to go on.
13. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
(a) Go to her aunt for a potion to give him the strength to carry her up the mountain.
(b) Climb the mountain.
(c) Talk to her father and work out a compromise.
(d) Train for the climb.
14. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By stabbing herself.
(b) By jumping into the sea.
(c) By hanging herself.
(d) By poisoning herself.
15. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(b) The fine cloth on the bed.
(c) The veil.
(d) Le Fresne's face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
2. Who does an old lord keep locked away?
3. What do these women do for Guigemar?
4. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
5. What does Guigemar tie around her?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)