|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When another woman is chosen to be the lord's wife, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She begs him to not marry the woman.
(b) She leaves Gurun's home.
(c) She continues to serve Gurun faithfully.
(d) She hides in her room.
2. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
(a) Not at first.
3. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) He will die alone.
(b) His wound will never heal.
(c) He will never be happy.
(d) He will be happier.
4. Why does the princess refuse to elope?
(a) She does not want to marry.
(b) She is afraid her father will be angry.
(c) It will devastate her father.
(d) She does not love the man enough.
5. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
(a) Any man who wishes to marry her must be able to carry her to the top of the nearby mountain without resting.
(b) Any man who wishes to marry her must be very wealthy.
(c) Any man who wishes to marry her must move into the king's castle.
(d) Any man who wishes to marry her must marry someone else instead.
6. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
(a) Climb the mountain.
(b) Talk to her father and work out a compromise.
(c) Go to her aunt for a potion to give him the strength to carry her up the mountain.
(d) Train for the climb.
7. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He stabs him.
8. In honor of the marriage, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She prepares the wedding bed with the fine cloth she was given as an infant.
(b) She makes the veil for the bride.
(c) She leaves the castle.
(d) She gives the woman a ring.
9. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
(a) She gives birth to her twins in secret.
(b) She gives both of her babies away.
(c) She conspires to have a servant leave one of the girls at a church.
(d) She begs to be saved.
10. Does the king agree to this plan?
(b) Not at first.
11. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He falls ill.
(b) He has his seneschal killed.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He begs for the woman to love him.
12. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He marries Lanval and his love.
(b) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(c) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
(d) He releases Lanval.
13. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) The lady's chambers.
(c) A guest bedroom.
(d) His castle.
14. Later, while the king is staying with Bisclavret near the home of Bisclavret's wife, the creature sees his wife and does what?
(a) Growls at her.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Attacks her, biting off her nose.
15. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He goes to build his own castle.
(b) He the chapel to pray.
(c) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(d) He returns to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
2. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
3. What happens when they are discovered by her husband?
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
5. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)