|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) They want him to be happy.
(b) They do not like Le Fresne.
(c) He is need of monetary support.
(d) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
2. How does the king's lover still feel?
3. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He does not like the taste of it.
(b) He will drink it.
(c) He will later.
(d) He will not.
4. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The fine cloth on the bed.
(b) Le Fresne's face.
(c) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(d) The veil.
5. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
6. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He banishes her from his home.
(b) He drowns her.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He begs her to take him back.
7. When Lanval tells the queen he has the love of a woman who is so fair that her servant is still more beautiful than the queen, what does the queen do?
(a) She laughs saying he lies.
(b) She begins to cry.
(c) She pretends as if she never heard him.
(d) She immediately tells Arthur what Lanval has said, telling him that it was she who spurned his advance.
8. With whose wife does Equitan fall in love?
(a) His father's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) His seneschal's.
9. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
10. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
(a) Le Chat.
(b) Le Poisson.
(c) La Codre.
(d) Le Mer.
11. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
(a) Le Fresne is her servant's lost daughter.
(b) Le Fresne is her lost daughter.
(c) Le Fresne is her neighbor's lost daughter.
(d) Le Fresne should be her daughter's maid.
12. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is banished.
(b) He is sent to his love.
(c) His life is threatened.
(d) He is arrested.
13. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A bear.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A white deer.
(d) A hog.
14. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He arrests him.
(b) He has him killed.
(c) He tortures him.
(d) He banishes him.
15. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He hides in the bushes.
(b) He begs for help.
(c) He growls at the king.
(d) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
2. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
3. What do these women do for Guigemar?
4. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
5. The lord asks Guigemar to do what?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)