|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A letter.
2. Why does this man try to persuade the princess to elope with him?
(a) He does not love her enough to attempt the climb.
(b) He is old and feeble.
(c) He is afraid of the test.
(d) He could never meet her father's challenge.
3. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would be naked.
(b) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(c) He would need new clothes.
(d) He would be embarrassed.
4. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
(a) The king.
(b) An elderly knight.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) A lord named Gurun.
5. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) A few.
(d) Only one.
6. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
7. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
(a) He should return home.
(b) He should leave for Jerusalem.
(c) They should go hunting together.
(d) They each take a bath.
8. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(b) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(c) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(d) The king says he will marry another woman.
9. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
(a) She conspires to have a servant leave one of the girls at a church.
(b) She gives birth to her twins in secret.
(c) She gives both of her babies away.
(d) She begs to be saved.
10. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Why he would be embarrassed.
(b) Where is spare clothing is located.
(c) Where he hides his clothes.
(d) Why he must be naked.
11. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He will later.
(b) He does not like the taste of it.
(c) He will drink it.
(d) He will not.
12. Lanval is a worthy knight in the service of Arthur, but when Arthur hands out rewards to his knights, what happens to Lanval?
(a) He refuses his reward.
(b) His reward is very small.
(c) He is forgotten.
(d) He disappears.
13. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
(a) He arrests her.
(b) He banishes her.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) He tortures the woman until she tells everything.
14. Who are neighbors in this story?
(a) Two good knights.
(b) Two evil knights.
(c) Two evil knights.
(d) Two good kings.
15. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
(a) He professes his love for her.
(b) He laughs at her.
(c) He turns and runs away.
(d) He is hesitant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
2. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
3. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
4. Near a high mountain is what city?
5. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)