Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
2. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
(a) A small dingy.
(b) A beautiful ebony ship with silken sails.
(c) A beautiful woman.
(d) A beautiful view.
3. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
(a) For being generous and living honorably.
(b) For being a coward and uncertain.
(c) For being brave and mighty.
(d) For being rich and attractive.
4. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He banishes him.
(b) He has him killed.
(c) He tortures him.
(d) He arrests him.
5. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He climbs up after them.
(b) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He curses them.
6. Why does this man try to persuade the princess to elope with him?
(a) He does not love her enough to attempt the climb.
(b) He is old and feeble.
(c) He could never meet her father's challenge.
(d) He is afraid of the test.
7. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is a werewolf.
(b) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(c) He has a mistress.
(d) He is a vampire.
8. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
9. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
(a) Lanval made a mistake.
(b) Lanval is a liar.
(c) Lanval should be punished.
(d) Lanval has been wrongly accused.
10. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
(a) Her power scares everyone.
(b) Her power stuns everyone.
(c) Her beauty scares everyone.
(d) Her beauty stuns everyone.
11. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) He tells her he loves her.
(c) He turns and runs.
(d) He declines.
12. What happens when they are discovered by her husband?
(a) He divorces his wife.
(b) He sets Guigemar adrift in the same ship that first carried him.
(c) He attempts to kill Guigemar.
(d) He leaves them so they can be together.
13. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(b) He begs for help.
(c) He growls at the king.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
14. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A ship with silken sails.
(b) A sumptuous tent.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A beautiful meadow.
15. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) On the steps of an orphanage.
(b) In her mistress's room.
(c) At her neighbor's home.
(d) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor does one wife spread about having twins?
2. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
3. Where does Lanval go?
4. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
5. Who approaches the court?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)