|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Banish her husband.
(b) Kill her husband.
(c) Steal her husband's clothes.
(d) Protect her husband.
2. Believing this, what does the husband of the woman with the twins do?
(a) He begs his wife to explain what has happened.
(b) He becomes jealous and locks her away unjustly.
(c) He yells at his wife.
(d) He fights the other woman's husband.
3. How does the king's lover still feel?
4. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
(a) She yells at him.
(b) She encourages him to continue.
(c) She tells him to go back.
(d) She offers him the vial.
5. Lanval is a worthy knight in the service of Arthur, but when Arthur hands out rewards to his knights, what happens to Lanval?
(a) His reward is very small.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He refuses his reward.
(d) He is forgotten.
6. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He begs for help.
(b) He growls at the king.
(c) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
(d) He hides in the bushes.
7. He returns to the king's court and does what?
(a) Asks for a personal trainer.
(b) Proposes a compromise.
(c) Announces his intention to take the challenge.
(d) Tells her father they are eloping.
8. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is a vampire.
(b) He has a mistress.
(c) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(d) He is a werewolf.
9. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By hanging herself.
(b) By jumping into the sea.
(c) By poisoning herself.
(d) By stabbing herself.
10. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Where is spare clothing is located.
(b) Where he hides his clothes.
(c) Why he would be embarrassed.
(d) Why he must be naked.
11. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
(a) He shows no interest in romance.
(b) He does not enjoy being a knight.
(c) He loves many people.
(d) He cannot tell the truth.
12. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) He is need of monetary support.
(b) They want him to be happy.
(c) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
(d) They do not like Le Fresne.
13. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
(a) The king summons him to the castle.
(b) He is looking for work at the castle.
(c) The king holds a festival and summons all the knights in his service.
(d) He is the king's brother.
14. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She cuts it off.
(b) She tucks it in his pants.
(c) She braids it.
(d) She ties an intricate knot.
15. Guigemar rides away to the sea where he discovers what?
(a) A beautiful ebony ship with silken sails.
(b) A beautiful woman.
(c) A beautiful view.
(d) A small dingy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
2. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
3. What do these women do for Guigemar?
4. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
5. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)