|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would be embarrassed.
(b) He would be naked.
(c) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(d) He would need new clothes.
2. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He has his seneschal killed.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He begs for the woman to love him.
(d) He becomes angry.
3. The beautiful woman tells Lanval of her love for him and. How does Lanval respond?
(a) He professes his love for her.
(b) He is hesitant.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He turns and runs away.
4. When the king discovers the lovers, what does he do?
(a) He orders them to leave each other at once.
(b) He orders a marble tomb to be built on the mountainside where they died.
(c) He marries them.
(d) He marries his daughter to someone else.
5. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The fine cloth on the bed.
(b) The veil.
(c) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(d) Le Fresne's face.
6. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
(b) He is need of monetary support.
(c) They do not like Le Fresne.
(d) They want him to be happy.
7. Near a high mountain is what city?
(a) The city of Nice.
(b) The city of Caens.
(c) The city of Pitres.
(d) The city of Pyres.
8. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
(b) A letter.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A kiss.
9. Trapped, what does Bisclavret do?
(a) He begs for help.
(b) He hides in the bushes.
(c) He growls at the king.
(d) He kneels down before the king in a sign of mercy.
10. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
(b) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(c) Return to his home.
(d) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
11. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
(a) He has found no worthy men.
(b) He is devoted to his daughter.
(c) He will be lonely.
(d) He trusts no one.
12. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(d) He climbs up after them.
13. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He hands him the letter.
(b) He hugs the man.
(c) He runs out of the room.
(d) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
14. How does the king's lover still feel?
15. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is banished.
(c) He is sent to his love.
(d) His life is threatened.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whose wife does Equitan fall in love?
2. Does the king agree to this plan?
3. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
4. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
5. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)