|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Le Fresne grows into womanhood, what happens?
(a) Her beauty becomes well known.
(b) She wonders about her mother.
(c) She becomes angry and sad.
(d) She grows to be unruly.
2. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He runs down the mountain.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He collapses, dead.
(d) He kisses the princess.
3. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
(a) He should return home.
(b) They each take a bath.
(c) He should leave for Jerusalem.
(d) They should go hunting together.
4. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
(a) He is annoyed by her.
(b) He is tired.
(c) He says he has the strength to go on.
(d) He no longer wants to climb.
5. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(b) Le Fresne's face.
(c) The fine cloth on the bed.
(d) The veil.
6. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
(a) With land and riches.
(b) With half of the kingdom.
(c) With a title.
(d) With a new wife.
7. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
(b) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
8. Lanval is a worthy knight in the service of Arthur, but when Arthur hands out rewards to his knights, what happens to Lanval?
(a) He refuses his reward.
(b) He disappears.
(c) He is forgotten.
(d) His reward is very small.
9. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(b) The king says he will marry another woman.
(c) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(d) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
10. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
(a) No women are interested in him.
(b) He falls in love with another woman.
(c) He finds a good job.
(d) Many women try to untie the knot in his shirt, but cannot.
11. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Why he must be naked.
(b) Where he hides his clothes.
(c) Where is spare clothing is located.
(d) Why he would be embarrassed.
12. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) He will be happier.
(b) He will never be happy.
(c) His wound will never heal.
(d) He will die alone.
13. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
(a) For being brave and mighty.
(b) For being generous and living honorably.
(c) For being a coward and uncertain.
(d) For being rich and attractive.
14. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He stabs him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He growls at him.
(d) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
15. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) A few.
(d) Only one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
2. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
3. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)