|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He collapses, dead.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He kisses the princess.
(d) He runs down the mountain.
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She is banished from the kingdom.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is unable to have children.
(d) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
(b) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(c) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(d) The king says he will marry another woman.
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A white deer.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A hog.
(d) A bear.
6. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
(a) He says he has the strength to go on.
(b) He is annoyed by her.
(c) He is tired.
(d) He no longer wants to climb.
7. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(b) He would be naked.
(c) He would need new clothes.
(d) He would be embarrassed.
8. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By stabbing herself.
(b) By poisoning herself.
(c) By jumping into the sea.
(d) By hanging herself.
9. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(d) Not at first.
10. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is banished.
(b) His life is threatened.
(c) He is arrested.
(d) He is sent to his love.
11. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(b) He growls at him.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He stabs him.
12. He returns to the king's court and does what?
(a) Tells her father they are eloping.
(b) Announces his intention to take the challenge.
(c) Asks for a personal trainer.
(d) Proposes a compromise.
13. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She gives her to her servant.
(b) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(c) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
(d) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
14. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
(a) His ship.
(b) A guest bedroom.
(c) The lady's chambers.
(d) His castle.
15. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
(b) On the steps of an orphanage.
(c) At her neighbor's home.
(d) In her mistress's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
2. Later, while the king is staying with Bisclavret near the home of Bisclavret's wife, the creature sees his wife and does what?
3. What happens when they are discovered by her husband?
4. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
5. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)