|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He begs her to take him back.
(b) He banishes her from his home.
(c) He yells at her.
(d) He drowns her.
2. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He will not.
(b) He does not like the taste of it.
(c) He will drink it.
(d) He will later.
3. Why does the woman say Lanval will no longer want for money?
(a) She is going to kill him.
(b) He will no longer want money.
(c) He needs only her.
(d) The more he spends the more he will have.
4. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
(a) Le Fresne is her servant's lost daughter.
(b) Le Fresne is her lost daughter.
(c) Le Fresne should be her daughter's maid.
(d) Le Fresne is her neighbor's lost daughter.
5. What happens after these first maidens approach the court?
(a) Another four maidens arrives.
(b) Another five maidens arrives.
(c) Another pair of maidens arrives.
(d) Another three maidens arrives.
6. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
(a) Send the woman back to her husband.
(b) Stay single.
(c) Find a noble woman to marry.
(d) Marry the woman.
7. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
(a) He has found no worthy men.
(b) He is devoted to his daughter.
(c) He trusts no one.
(d) He will be lonely.
8. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) He should go fight in the Crusades.
(b) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
(c) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(d) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
9. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her love.
(d) A lord named Meriaduc.
10. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
(a) Many women try to untie the knot in his shirt, but cannot.
(b) He finds a good job.
(c) He falls in love with another woman.
(d) No women are interested in him.
11. On what does Lanval's lover enter?
(a) A black horse.
(b) A white horse.
(c) A black bull.
(d) A white deer.
12. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) An old knight.
(b) A young king.
(c) A young and handsome king.
(d) A young and valiant knight.
13. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A hog.
(b) A white deer.
(c) A bear.
(d) A turkey.
14. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(b) He goes home.
(c) He curses them.
(d) He climbs up after them.
15. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
(a) He loves many people.
(b) He shows no interest in romance.
(c) He does not enjoy being a knight.
(d) He cannot tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the servant leave the infant?
2. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
3. What will the woman then do to her husband?
4. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
5. Where does Lanval go?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)