|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whose wife does Equitan fall in love?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His uncle's.
(c) His seneschal's.
(d) His father's.
2. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
3. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
(a) Marry the woman.
(b) Send the woman back to her husband.
(c) Stay single.
(d) Find a noble woman to marry.
4. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
(a) He arrests her.
(b) He banishes her.
(c) He tortures the woman until she tells everything.
(d) He has her killed.
5. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A ship with silken sails.
(b) A beautiful meadow.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A sumptuous tent.
6. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
(d) Not at first.
7. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He climbs up after them.
(b) He curses them.
(c) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(d) He goes home.
8. What would happen if Bisclavret could not find his clothes?
(a) He would be embarrassed.
(b) He would need new clothes.
(c) He would remain a werewolf forever.
(d) He would be naked.
9. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
(b) At her neighbor's home.
(c) In her mistress's room.
(d) On the steps of an orphanage.
10. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(b) She gives her to her servant.
(c) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
(d) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
11. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) A lord named Meriaduc.
(b) Her love.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) Her husband.
12. What does Guigemar tie around her?
(a) A girdle.
(b) A belt.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A rope.
13. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(b) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
(c) He should go fight in the Crusades.
(d) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
14. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
(a) He loves many people.
(b) He shows no interest in romance.
(c) He does not enjoy being a knight.
(d) He cannot tell the truth.
15. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is unable to have children.
(d) She is banished from the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. Why does the princess refuse to elope?
4. What will the woman then do to her husband?
5. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)