|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(b) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
(c) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
(d) He should go fight in the Crusades.
2. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(c) Not at first.
3. When Lanval's love comes to him, how will she appear to everyone else?
4. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
(a) He does not enjoy being a knight.
(b) He cannot tell the truth.
(c) He loves many people.
(d) He shows no interest in romance.
5. How does the knight who is now married to Bisclavret's wife end up coming to the king's castle?
(a) He is looking for work at the castle.
(b) He is the king's brother.
(c) The king holds a festival and summons all the knights in his service.
(d) The king summons him to the castle.
6. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
7. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He falls ill.
(c) He has his seneschal killed.
(d) He begs for the woman to love him.
8. What does the woman realize about Le Fresne?
(a) Le Fresne is her servant's lost daughter.
(b) Le Fresne is her lost daughter.
(c) Le Fresne is her neighbor's lost daughter.
(d) Le Fresne should be her daughter's maid.
9. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
(a) He is devoted to his daughter.
(b) He will be lonely.
(c) He has found no worthy men.
(d) He trusts no one.
10. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
11. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) Only one.
(d) A few.
12. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Be her husband.
(b) Protect her husband.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Help her trap her husband.
13. When Le Fresne goes to live at the lord's castle with him, do they marry?
14. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A ship with silken sails.
(b) A tree stump.
(c) A beautiful meadow.
(d) A sumptuous tent.
15. What does the other woman's mother intend to have Le Fresne do?
(a) Marry someone else to get her out of Gurun's household.
(b) Marry Gurun's brother.
(c) Marry Gurun instead.
(d) Become her daughter's maidservant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
2. Who approaches the court?
3. What happens when he reaches the top?
4. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
5. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)