|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Why he would be embarrassed.
(b) Where is spare clothing is located.
(c) Where he hides his clothes.
(d) Why he must be naked.
2. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He hands him the letter.
(b) He runs out of the room.
(c) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
(d) He hugs the man.
3. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
4. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) A lord named Meriaduc.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her love.
5. Who approaches the court?
(a) Three beautiful maidens.
(b) Five beautiful maidens.
(c) Four beautiful maidens.
(d) Two beautiful maidens.
6. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
(a) They write the husband a Dear John letter.
(b) They pack her belongings.
(c) They begin to make love on the bed.
(d) They plot to kill him.
7. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Help her trap her husband.
(c) Be her husband.
(d) Protect her husband.
8. Lanval is a worthy knight in the service of Arthur, but when Arthur hands out rewards to his knights, what happens to Lanval?
(a) He refuses his reward.
(b) His reward is very small.
(c) He is forgotten.
(d) He disappears.
9. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
(a) He will be released.
(b) He may return to the kingdom.
(c) He may once again be a knight.
(d) He will be promoted.
10. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He has his seneschal killed.
(b) He begs for the woman to love him.
(c) He falls ill.
(d) He becomes angry.
11. Who lives in a nearby region and loves the princess?
(a) A young king.
(b) A young and handsome king.
(c) An old knight.
(d) A young and valiant knight.
12. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
(a) Her power stuns everyone.
(b) Her power scares everyone.
(c) Her beauty stuns everyone.
(d) Her beauty scares everyone.
13. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He kisses the princess.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He collapses, dead.
(d) He runs down the mountain.
14. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Protect her husband.
(c) Steal her husband's clothes.
(d) Banish her husband.
15. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
(b) He marries Lanval and his love.
(c) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(d) He releases Lanval.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
2. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
3. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
4. What happens after these first maidens approach the court?
5. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)