|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the woman forced to do?
(a) Beg for forgiveness.
(b) Leave the kingdom.
(c) Return to her first husband.
(d) Return Bisclavret's clothes to him.
2. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
(a) Her power scares everyone.
(b) Her beauty scares everyone.
(c) Her power stuns everyone.
(d) Her beauty stuns everyone.
3. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He asks his servants to go up after them.
(c) He climbs up after them.
(d) He goes home.
4. How does the king's lover still feel?
5. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He releases Lanval.
(b) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(c) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
(d) He marries Lanval and his love.
6. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He runs out of the room.
(b) He hands him the letter.
(c) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
(d) He hugs the man.
7. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He does not like the taste of it.
(b) He will later.
(c) He will not.
(d) He will drink it.
8. As Le Fresne grows into womanhood, what happens?
(a) She grows to be unruly.
(b) She wonders about her mother.
(c) Her beauty becomes well known.
(d) She becomes angry and sad.
9. The lord asks Guigemar to do what?
(a) Return to his own kingdom.
(b) Come help him fight an enemy.
(c) Leave the woman alone.
(d) Kill the woman's husband.
10. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(b) He goes to build his own castle.
(c) He the chapel to pray.
(d) He returns to his home.
11. Who approaches the court?
(a) Five beautiful maidens.
(b) Three beautiful maidens.
(c) Two beautiful maidens.
(d) Four beautiful maidens.
12. After Bisclavret is missing a year, what does everyone assume?
(a) He will never return.
(b) He has been captured.
(c) His wife will never marry again.
(d) He no longer loves his wife.
13. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
(a) An elderly knight.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) The king.
(d) A lord named Gurun.
14. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He growls at him.
(b) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He ignores him.
15. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is arrested.
(b) He is banished.
(c) He is sent to his love.
(d) His life is threatened.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
2. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
3. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
4. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
5. Who are neighbors in this story?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)