|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
(a) The lady's maid.
(b) The lady's sister.
(c) The lady.
(d) The lady's daughter.
2. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A letter.
(b) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A kiss.
3. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is a vampire.
(b) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(c) He is a werewolf.
(d) He has a mistress.
4. Where does the servant leave the infant?
(a) In her mistress's room.
(b) In an ash tree near a large abbey.
(c) On the steps of an orphanage.
(d) At her neighbor's home.
5. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
(a) Any man who wishes to marry her must marry someone else instead.
(b) Any man who wishes to marry her must move into the king's castle.
(c) Any man who wishes to marry her must be able to carry her to the top of the nearby mountain without resting.
(d) Any man who wishes to marry her must be very wealthy.
6. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He declines.
(b) He does not respond.
(c) He tells her he loves her.
(d) He turns and runs.
7. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
(a) The servants.
(b) The horses.
(c) The king.
(d) His dogs.
8. About what is Bisclavret's wife concerned?
(a) Three days of every week her husband disappears.
(b) Five days of every week her husband disappears.
(c) Four days of every week her husband disappears.
(d) Six days of every week her husband disappears.
9. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
(b) Not at first.
10. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
(a) The king.
(b) An elderly knight.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) A lord named Gurun.
11. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
12. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He collapses, dead.
(b) He runs down the mountain.
(c) He kisses the princess.
(d) He begins to cry.
13. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
(a) Le Chat.
(b) Le Mer.
(c) Le Poisson.
(d) La Codre.
14. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
(b) Only one.
(d) A few.
15. Where does Lanval go?
(a) He the chapel to pray.
(b) He goes to build his own castle.
(c) He rides off to Avalon with his beloved, never to return.
(d) He returns to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. He returns to the king's court and does what?
2. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
3. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
4. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
5. What does the woman want the knight to do?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)