|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
(a) Not at first.
2. As Le Fresne grows into womanhood, what happens?
(a) She becomes angry and sad.
(b) She grows to be unruly.
(c) Her beauty becomes well known.
(d) She wonders about her mother.
3. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
(c) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(d) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
4. A ship takes the lady to a castle owned by whom?
(a) A lord named Meriaduc.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her love.
5. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He growls at him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
6. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A ship with silken sails.
(b) A tree stump.
(c) A beautiful meadow.
(d) A sumptuous tent.
7. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(b) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
(c) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
(d) She gives her to her servant.
8. What rumor does one wife spread about having twins?
(a) It is unnatural.
(b) It is a sign of the devil.
(c) It is the result of having had sex with two different men.
(d) Her twins will fight one another.
9. What happens when he reaches the top?
(a) He kisses the princess.
(b) He runs down the mountain.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He collapses, dead.
10. While the woman's husband is out of the room, what do the woman and the king do?
(a) They pack her belongings.
(b) They write the husband a Dear John letter.
(c) They begin to make love on the bed.
(d) They plot to kill him.
11. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
(a) Protect her husband.
(b) Help her trap her husband.
(c) Kill her husband.
(d) Be her husband.
12. Does the king agree to this plan?
(b) Not at first.
13. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
(b) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(c) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
(d) He should go fight in the Crusades.
14. What are the king's advisers eager for him to do?
(a) Stay single.
(b) Find a noble woman to marry.
(c) Marry the woman.
(d) Send the woman back to her husband.
15. What does the woman scheme?
(a) To murder her husband.
(b) To send her husband to the Crusades.
(c) To return to her husband.
(d) To leave her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lanval go?
2. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
3. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
4. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
5. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)