|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
(a) Talk to her father and work out a compromise.
(b) Train for the climb.
(c) Climb the mountain.
(d) Go to her aunt for a potion to give him the strength to carry her up the mountain.
2. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
(a) Why he must be naked.
(b) Where he hides his clothes.
(c) Where is spare clothing is located.
(d) Why he would be embarrassed.
3. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
(a) He is banished.
(b) He is arrested.
(c) His life is threatened.
(d) He is sent to his love.
4. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He stabs him.
(d) He growls at him.
5. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(a) Not at first.
6. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) They do not like Le Fresne.
(b) They want him to be happy.
(c) He is need of monetary support.
(d) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
7. How does the king's lover still feel?
8. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(b) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
(c) He should go fight in the Crusades.
(d) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
9. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) His wound will never heal.
(b) He will die alone.
(c) He will never be happy.
(d) He will be happier.
10. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
11. What does the woman want the knight to do?
(a) Kill her husband.
(b) Banish her husband.
(c) Protect her husband.
(d) Steal her husband's clothes.
12. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Poison him.
(b) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(c) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
(d) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
13. After Bisclavret is missing a year, what does everyone assume?
(a) He will never return.
(b) His wife will never marry again.
(c) He has been captured.
(d) He no longer loves his wife.
14. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Return to his home.
(b) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
(c) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(d) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
15. To where does Lanval follow these women?
(a) A ship with silken sails.
(b) A sumptuous tent.
(c) A tree stump.
(d) A beautiful meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
2. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
3. What does the king decree regarding his daughter?
4. To where do the lady and her maids help Guigemar?
5. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)