|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near a high mountain is what city?
(a) The city of Pitres.
(b) The city of Pyres.
(c) The city of Nice.
(d) The city of Caens.
2. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is a werewolf.
(b) He has a mistress.
(c) He is a vampire.
(d) He is unhappy in his marriage.
3. When the woman's husband returns, what does the king do?
(a) He hands him the letter.
(b) He hugs the man.
(c) In haste to hide himself, he jumps into the scalding bath and dies.
(d) He runs out of the room.
4. What does the princess tell her lover to do?
(a) Climb the mountain.
(b) Talk to her father and work out a compromise.
(c) Go to her aunt for a potion to give him the strength to carry her up the mountain.
(d) Train for the climb.
5. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) They want him to be happy.
(b) He is need of monetary support.
(c) They do not like Le Fresne.
(d) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
6. On what does Lanval's lover enter?
(a) A black bull.
(b) A white deer.
(c) A black horse.
(d) A white horse.
7. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
(b) He marries Lanval and his love.
(c) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(d) He releases Lanval.
8. What does the knight give his lover?
(a) A letter.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A big hug.
(d) A small vial of potion to hold until he needs it.
9. When Guigemar returns home, what happens?
(a) He falls in love with another woman.
(b) Many women try to untie the knot in his shirt, but cannot.
(c) He finds a good job.
(d) No women are interested in him.
10. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
(a) The veil.
(b) The ring on her daughter's finger.
(c) The fine cloth on the bed.
(d) Le Fresne's face.
11. How does the man respond when his love begs him to drink the potion?
(a) He will drink it.
(b) He does not like the taste of it.
(c) He will later.
(d) He will not.
12. What does the woman scheme?
(a) To murder her husband.
(b) To leave her husband.
(c) To return to her husband.
(d) To send her husband to the Crusades.
13. Who are neighbors in this story?
(a) Two good kings.
(b) Two good knights.
(c) Two evil knights.
(d) Two evil knights.
14. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
(a) Le Mer.
(b) Le Poisson.
(c) La Codre.
(d) Le Chat.
15. What is the woman forced to do?
(a) Leave the kingdom.
(b) Return to her first husband.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Return Bisclavret's clothes to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
2. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
3. How does the woman respond to Equitan?
4. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
5. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)