|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is unable to have children.
(d) She is banished from the kingdom.
2. What will the woman then do to her husband?
(a) Write him a letter saying she is leaving him.
(b) Shoot her husband with an arrow.
(c) Poison him.
(d) Fill his bath with scalding water that will kill him.
3. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By poisoning herself.
(b) By jumping into the sea.
(c) By stabbing herself.
(d) By hanging herself.
4. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(b) Not at first.
5. This lord loves her, but how does she respond?
(a) She also loves him but is married.
(b) She loves no one.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She explains about the girdle and the promise she has made.
6. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
(a) The lady's sister.
(b) The lady.
(c) The lady's maid.
(d) The lady's daughter.
7. While out riding, how many beautiful maidens approach Lanval, calling him by name?
8. Why does the lover refuse what the princess has to offer?
(a) He no longer wants to climb.
(b) He says he has the strength to go on.
(c) He is annoyed by her.
(d) He is tired.
9. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He banishes her from his home.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He begs her to take him back.
(d) He drowns her.
10. When another woman is chosen to be the lord's wife, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She leaves Gurun's home.
(b) She begs him to not marry the woman.
(c) She hides in her room.
(d) She continues to serve Gurun faithfully.
11. Equitan promises he will never take another and tells her that in love she is the master and he her subject. How does she respond to this?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She still is reluctant.
(d) She agrees.
12. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
13. What does the king do to the knight's wife?
(a) He tortures the woman until she tells everything.
(b) He arrests her.
(c) He has her killed.
(d) He banishes her.
14. He returns to the king's court and does what?
(a) Proposes a compromise.
(b) Announces his intention to take the challenge.
(c) Asks for a personal trainer.
(d) Tells her father they are eloping.
15. Does the king agree to this plan?
(b) Not at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Lanval after his encounter with the queen?
2. When do Equitan and the woman meet?
3. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
4. Arthur's advisers decide that if Lanval can prove the truth of his claim, what will happen to him?
5. Near a high mountain is what city?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)