|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Impressed by the creature's apparent intelligence, what does the king do?
(a) He helps him find his clothes.
(b) He makes him a knight.
(c) He spares its life and takes Bisclavret back to his castle to live.
(d) He makes him an act in the circus.
2. When the lord finally consents, who do his knights present?
(a) La Codre.
(b) Le Chat.
(c) Le Mer.
(d) Le Poisson.
3. Giugemar does what if he will let him have the lady?
(a) Protect Mariaduc's castle.
(b) Anything Meriaduc requests.
(c) Return to his home.
(d) Serve Meriaduc for three years.
4. When Lanval tells the queen he has the love of a woman who is so fair that her servant is still more beautiful than the queen, what does the queen do?
(a) She pretends as if she never heard him.
(b) She immediately tells Arthur what Lanval has said, telling him that it was she who spurned his advance.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She laughs saying he lies.
5. He returns to the king's court and does what?
(a) Asks for a personal trainer.
(b) Proposes a compromise.
(c) Tells her father they are eloping.
(d) Announces his intention to take the challenge.
6. In honor of the marriage, what does Le Fresne do?
(a) She makes the veil for the bride.
(b) She leaves the castle.
(c) She prepares the wedding bed with the fine cloth she was given as an infant.
(d) She gives the woman a ring.
7. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
(a) The lady.
(b) The lady's sister.
(c) The lady's daughter.
(d) The lady's maid.
8. What does Bisclavret admit to his wife?
(a) He is a werewolf.
(b) He has a mistress.
(c) He is unhappy in his marriage.
(d) He is a vampire.
9. What does the woman tell the king to suggest to her husband on the third day?
(a) They should go hunting together.
(b) He should leave for Jerusalem.
(c) They each take a bath.
(d) He should return home.
10. Who are neighbors in this story?
(a) Two evil knights.
(b) Two good knights.
(c) Two good kings.
(d) Two evil knights.
11. What happens when they are discovered by her husband?
(a) He leaves them so they can be together.
(b) He attempts to kill Guigemar.
(c) He sets Guigemar adrift in the same ship that first carried him.
(d) He divorces his wife.
12. What do these women do for Guigemar?
(a) They bandage his wound and hide him behind a curtain.
(b) They give him medicine.
(c) They hire a doctor.
(d) They leave him alone.
13. Not wishing to be judged by her own false words, what does the woman do?
(a) She conspires to have a servant leave one of the girls at a church.
(b) She begs to be saved.
(c) She gives birth to her twins in secret.
(d) She gives both of her babies away.
14. What reputation does Lanval soon gain?
(a) For being generous and living honorably.
(b) For being a coward and uncertain.
(c) For being rich and attractive.
(d) For being brave and mighty.
15. How does the king's lover still feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man do to his wife?
2. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
3. When they do not return from the top, what does the king do?
4. The king of the land goes hunting and who corners the werewolf, Bisclavret?
5. What does Bisclavret's wife insist on knowing?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)