|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Bisclavret is missing a year, what does everyone assume?
(a) He has been captured.
(b) His wife will never marry again.
(c) He no longer loves his wife.
(d) He will never return.
2. While hunting near his home, Guigemar shoots what with an arrow?
(a) A hog.
(b) A turkey.
(c) A white deer.
(d) A bear.
3. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(b) She is killed.
(c) She is banished from the kingdom.
(d) She is unable to have children.
4. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(b) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(c) The king says he will marry another woman.
(d) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
5. Who does an old lord keep locked away?
(a) His brother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His beautiful young wife.
(d) His parents.
6. Near a high mountain is what city?
(a) The city of Pyres.
(b) The city of Nice.
(c) The city of Caens.
(d) The city of Pitres.
7. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
(a) The neighbor.
(b) The king.
(c) An elderly knight.
(d) A lord named Gurun.
8. What does the man do to his wife?
(a) He begs her to take him back.
(b) He yells at her.
(c) He banishes her from his home.
(d) He drowns her.
9. What is the woman forced to do?
(a) Leave the kingdom.
(b) Return to her first husband.
(c) Beg for forgiveness.
(d) Return Bisclavret's clothes to him.
10. Satisfied that Lanval has been vindicated, what does Arthur do to Lanval?
(a) He lets Lanval be a knight again.
(b) He releases Lanval.
(c) He allows Lanval to return to the kingdom.
(d) He marries Lanval and his love.
11. What does Lanval's lover tell Arthur?
(a) Lanval has been wrongly accused.
(b) Lanval should be punished.
(c) Lanval is a liar.
(d) Lanval made a mistake.
12. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He falls ill.
(b) He begs for the woman to love him.
(c) He has his seneschal killed.
(d) He becomes angry.
13. Why does the princess refuse to elope?
(a) She does not want to marry.
(b) She does not love the man enough.
(c) She is afraid her father will be angry.
(d) It will devastate her father.
14. How does the lady resolve to kill herself?
(a) By hanging herself.
(b) By stabbing herself.
(c) By jumping into the sea.
(d) By poisoning herself.
15. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
(a) With a new wife.
(b) With a title.
(c) With land and riches.
(d) With half of the kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many men try for she is very beautiful. Do any succeed?
2. What does the woman want the knight to do?
3. When the lover begins to slow, what does the princess do?
4. What happens when he reaches the top?
5. How does Lanval's lover affect everyone?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)