|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does the lover listen to the princess's advice?
(d) Not at first.
2. What does the woman scheme?
(a) To send her husband to the Crusades.
(b) To murder her husband.
(c) To return to her husband.
(d) To leave her husband.
3. When are the king's advisers dismayed?
(a) The king tells them he is marrying the woman.
(b) The king says he will marry another woman.
(c) The king tells them he wants them to kill the woman's husband.
(d) The king tells them he has no intention of marrying.
4. Equitan is so affected he cannot sleep, and what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He has his seneschal killed.
(c) He begs for the woman to love him.
(d) He falls ill.
5. Fearing they will be discovered, what does Guigemar's love do to the tail of his shirt?
(a) She tucks it in his pants.
(b) She cuts it off.
(c) She ties an intricate knot.
(d) She braids it.
6. With whom does Guigemar fall in love?
(a) The lady's maid.
(b) The lady's sister.
(c) The lady.
(d) The lady's daughter.
7. How does Lanval respond when the queen approaches him when he is alone and offers her love to him?
(a) He does not respond.
(b) He tells her he loves her.
(c) He declines.
(d) He turns and runs.
8. Does Guigemar agree to do as the lord asks?
(a) Not at first.
9. Why does the king not wish to give his daughter up in marriage?
(a) He has found no worthy men.
(b) He is devoted to his daughter.
(c) He trusts no one.
(d) He will be lonely.
10. What does the other woman's mother intend to have Le Fresne do?
(a) Marry Gurun instead.
(b) Become her daughter's maidservant.
(c) Marry Gurun's brother.
(d) Marry someone else to get her out of Gurun's household.
11. When Bisclavret sees the knight again, what does he do?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He stabs him.
(c) He lunges for him, pulling him to the ground.
(d) He growls at him.
12. What does Guigemar tie around her?
(a) A girdle.
(b) A scarf.
(c) A belt.
(d) A rope.
13. What happens to the deceitful wife?
(a) She is killed.
(b) She is banished from the kingdom.
(c) She gives birth to twin girls later that year.
(d) She is unable to have children.
14. What will happen to Guigemar if he does not suffer greatly in love?
(a) He will never be happy.
(b) He will be happier.
(c) His wound will never heal.
(d) He will die alone.
15. Why do the lord's knights still pressure him to marry a woman of noble birth?
(a) They believe Le Fresne to be only a lowly orphan.
(b) They do not like Le Fresne.
(c) They want him to be happy.
(d) He is need of monetary support.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
2. How does the king's lover still feel?
3. How does the king reward Bisclavret?
4. He returns to the king's court and does what?
5. Who falls in love with Le Fresne and convinces her to come away with him?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)