|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Bisclavret.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Learning that the woman is married to the knight that Bisclavret attacked before, what does the king do to the knight?
(a) He arrests him.
(b) He has him killed.
(c) He banishes him.
(d) He tortures him.
2. What does the woman do to the baby?
(a) She wraps the baby in a fine cloth and ties a large golden ring to its arm.
(b) She sets the baby in a basket by the river.
(c) She gives her to her servant.
(d) She gives the baby to her sister to raise.
3. What does Equitan say about the woman's husband?
(a) If she truly loved Equitan, she would divorce her husband.
(b) He should go fight in the Crusades.
(c) He is a fool to not treat his wife better.
(d) If her husband were dead, he would be free to marry her.
4. What rumor does one wife spread about having twins?
(a) Her twins will fight one another.
(b) It is the result of having had sex with two different men.
(c) It is a sign of the devil.
(d) It is unnatural.
5. What is Guigemar's one flaw?
(a) He cannot tell the truth.
(b) He does not enjoy being a knight.
(c) He shows no interest in romance.
(d) He loves many people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman convince a knight from a nearby land to do?
2. How do the king and his court react to Bisclavret's behavior?
3. When the woman calls her husband and confesses her crime, does he forgive her?
4. After the wedding, the bride's mother brings her into the bed chamber. What does she recognize?
5. Does the king agree to this plan?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)