|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the courtier's appearance described when he appears in the arena in Part 4?
(a) "Short, muscular, solid."
(b) "Basic and cruel."
(c) "Impertinent and sallow."
(d) "Tall, beautiful, fair."
2. Who surveys the kingdom for "maiden youth and beauty" in Part 4 of the story?
(a) "Competent judges."
(b) "The princess."
(c) "The prince."
(d) "The king himself."
3. What is described as waiting behind a second door in Part 3 of the story?
(a) A lady.
(b) A throne.
(c) A sword.
(d) A dagger.
4. How did author Frank R. Stockton support himself before his work as an author?
(a) He was a banker.
(b) He was a butcher.
(c) He was a wood engraver.
(d) He was a book binder.
5. How are the passages of the amphitheater described in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the king's "subjects refined and cultured," according to the narrator?
2. How do the masses respond to the appearance of the courtier in the arena in Part 4 of the story?
3. How are the doors that the criminal must choose from described in the narrative?
4. What word from the beginning of the novel means uninhibitedly enthusiastic?
5. When did Frank R. Stockton live?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)