|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the story refers to a court of justice?
2. Of the criminal facing trial in the arena, the narrator says that he is subject to no guidance "but that of the aforementioned" what?
(a) "Clues indicated from the masses."
(b) "Impartial and incorruptible chance."
(c) "Letter from the king."
(d) "Riddle depicted by the jester."
3. What door does the courtier go to open in the end of Part 4?
(a) The middle door.
(b) The left door.
(c) The right door.
(d) The upper door.
4. What does the word "suitable" mean in the narrative?
(a) Ordinary or plain.
(b) Appropriate or fitting.
5. How would you describe the narrator's point of view?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was "The Lady, or the Tiger?" first published?
2. Where was Frank R. Stockton from?
3. What word from the narrative means certain to happen or a situation that is unavoidable?
4. Where does the public gather in the amphitheater for the trials of criminals?
5. How is the word "florid" from the narrative defined?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)