|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the king's feelings about his daughter in Part 4?
(a) "She was the apple of his eye."
(b) "She was his greatest worry."
(c) "She was an annoyance to him."
(d) "She was the bane of his existence."
2. The king's vast amphitheater is described in Part 2 as "an agent of" what?
(a) "Cruel fate."
(d) "Poetic justice."
3. How is the king's demeanor described when "every member of his domestic and political systems moved smoothly in its appointed course"?
(a) "Quiet and sullen."
(c) "Bland and genial."
(d) "Angry and disposed."
4. Where in the amphitheater does the king sit for the trials of criminals?
(a) In the arena itself.
(b) On a throne on one side of the arena.
(c) In the galleries.
(d) In a glass cage overlooking the arena.
5. Who surveys the kingdom for "maiden youth and beauty" in Part 4 of the story?
(a) "Competent judges."
(b) "The king himself."
(c) "The prince."
(d) "The princess."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as waiting behind a second door in Part 3 of the story?
2. What literary term refers to the background information provided by the author in the beginning of the story?
3. What word from the narrative refers to singers in a choir?
4. Where was Frank R. Stockton from?
5. From what perspective is the narrative related in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)