|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "suitable" mean in the narrative?
(a) Appropriate or fitting.
(b) Ordinary or plain.
2. How are the passages of the amphitheater described in Part 2?
3. What word from the narrative means menacingly wild or savage?
4. What word from the narrative means to bring out or to obtain by special means?
5. What word in the story refers to a nuptial ode?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens if the criminal on trial opens the door that leads to "a reward of his innocence"?
2. The narrator says in Part 4 of the story, "This semi-barbaric king had a daughter as blooming as" what?
3. What is described behind one of the doors in Part 2 of the narrative?
4. What style does "The Lady, or the Tiger?" mimic?
5. What word from the narrative means certain to happen or a situation that is unavoidable?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)