|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "idealism" refer to in the narrative?
(a) The belief in God.
(b) The study of governance.
(c) The pursuit of high or noble principles.
(d) The belief in government.
2. What word from the narrative means certain to happen or a situation that is unavoidable?
3. Of the citizenry, the narrator says in Part 3, "they never knew whether they were to witness a bloody slaughter or" what?
(a) "A hilarious wedding."
(b) "A joyful departure."
(c) "A solemn affair."
(d) "A crowning of greatness."
4. What style does "The Lady, or the Tiger?" mimic?
(a) That of a Biblical tale.
(b) That of a fairy tale.
(c) That of a horror story.
(d) That of a Greek mythological tale.
5. What literary movement is Frank R. Stockton associated with?
(a) The Dadaists.
(b) The American humorists.
(c) The Beat generation.
(d) The Absurdists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word "subordinate" mean in the narrative?
2. Who leads the criminal to his new home after the ceremony if he is proven innocent in the arena?
3. In Part 4 of the story, the narrator describes the judgment of the masses regarding the courtier by saying, "Of course, everybody knew that the deed with which the accused was charged had" what?
4. What word from the story refers to doubt or unpredictability?
5. What does the word "moiety" from the narrative mean?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)