|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Frank R. Stockton from?
(a) London, England.
(b) Dublin, Ireland.
(c) Philadelphia, PA.
(d) New York, NY.
2. What word from Part 3 of the story refers to the act of bringing into use or operation?
3. How would you describe the language in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
4. What word from the narrative refers to the capacity of persons or things to be a compelling force on the behavior or opinions of others?
5. What literary movement is Frank R. Stockton associated with?
(a) The American humorists.
(b) The Beat generation.
(c) The Dadaists.
(d) The Absurdists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the beginning of the novel means uninhibitedly enthusiastic?
2. What theme is explored in Part 3 of the story?
3. What aspect common to children's stories did Frank R. Stockton avoid in his writing?
4. How does the narrator describe the king in Part 2?
5. How would you describe the king's method of governing?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)