|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word from the narrative refers to a tissue inserted into another tissue?
2. What does the word "semified" from the narrative mean?
(c) Made partial.
3. Of the king, the narrator says in Part 2 that he "knew no tradition to which he owed more allegiance than" what?
(a) "The laws of God."
(b) "That of the guillotine."
(c) "Pleased his fancy."
(d) "Involved his family."
4. What does the word "hitch" mean in the narrative?
(a) An obstacle or setback.
(b) A state of worry.
(c) A public stage.
(d) A constable.
5. Where are the hired mourners located in the amphitheater when an accused person faces trial?
(a) In the galleries.
(b) Behind the king.
(c) At the outer rim of the arena.
(d) Next to the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the amphitheater does the king sit for the trials of criminals?
2. What does the word "incorruptible" from the story mean?
3. What style does "The Lady, or the Tiger?" mimic?
4. What theme is introduced in Part 2 of the story?
5. How is the king's demeanor described when "every member of his domestic and political systems moved smoothly in its appointed course"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)