|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described behind one of the doors in Part 2 of the narrative?
(a) A jester.
(b) The king.
(c) A judge.
(d) A tiger.
2. What does the word "idealism" refer to in the narrative?
(a) The pursuit of high or noble principles.
(b) The study of governance.
(c) The belief in government.
(d) The belief in God.
3. What does the word "semified" from the narrative mean?
(b) Made partial.
4. With what genre is "The Lady, or the Tiger?" associated?
(c) Science fiction.
5. How is the king's demeanor described when "every member of his domestic and political systems moved smoothly in its appointed course"?
(a) "Quiet and sullen."
(b) "Bland and genial."
(d) "Angry and disposed."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what tense is the story related?
2. How would you describe the setting of "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
3. Where in the amphitheater does the king sit for the trials of criminals?
4. Who gives the signal for the condemned to step into the arena?
5. When are criminals brought to the king's amphitheater, according to the narrator in Part 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)