|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the hired mourners do if the criminal on trial is killed?
(a) They sing.
(b) They dance.
(c) They wail.
(d) They play stringed instruments.
2. What word from the narrative refers to the capacity of persons or things to be a compelling force on the behavior or opinions of others?
3. What word from the narrative refers to a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most?
4. What is the duty of the person on trial one they enter the arena?
(a) To beg for mercy from the court.
(b) To perform a musical display.
(c) To prove one's innocence through logic.
(d) To choose a door and open it.
5. How is the word "florid" from the narrative defined?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word from the narrative means to bring out or to obtain by special means?
2. How would you describe the narrator's point of view?
3. How is the king described in the beginning of the story?
4. How would you describe the setting of "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
5. What word from the narrative refers to a tissue inserted into another tissue?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)