|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many doors does the criminal face across from him in the arena?
2. What does the word "idealism" refer to in the narrative?
(a) The belief in government.
(b) The pursuit of high or noble principles.
(c) The belief in God.
(d) The study of governance.
3. What children's magazine was Frank R. Stockton editor of?
(a) Hearth and Home.
(b) Time magazine.
(c) St. Nicholas.
(d) The Riverside Magazine.
4. The king's vast amphitheater is described in Part 2 as "an agent of" what?
(a) "Poetic justice."
(d) "Cruel fate."
5. What does the word "hitch" mean in the narrative?
(a) An obstacle or setback.
(b) A state of worry.
(c) A public stage.
(d) A constable.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the galleries of the amphitheater described in the story?
2. Where does the public gather in the amphitheater for the trials of criminals?
3. What story did Stockton write that acts as a sequel of sorts to "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
4. How are the vaults of the amphitheater described?
5. What does "barbarism" in the narrative most closely reflect?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)