|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "wend" mean in the narrative?
(a) To compose.
(b) To sing.
(c) To go or leave.
(d) To write.
2. How does the narrator describe the audience in the case where a criminal is killed in the arena?
(a) "With bowed heads and downcast hearts."
(b) "With merry laughter and dancing."
(c) "With rapturous cries of justice."
(d) "With poetic songs of freedom."
3. What word from the narrative refers to a tissue inserted into another tissue?
4. How would you describe the setting of "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
(a) A small country village.
(b) A city filled with skyscrapers.
(c) A contemporary town.
(d) An ancient kingdom.
5. Who gives the signal for the condemned to step into the arena?
(a) The jester.
(b) The princess.
(c) The judge.
(d) The king.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what perspective is the narrative related in the beginning of the story?
2. How are the galleries of the amphitheater described in the story?
3. What artistic movement influenced Frank R. Stockton and other authors during his time period?
4. In what tense is the story related?
5. When does the story take place?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)