|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the arena defined in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
(a) A platform where dog-races take place.
(b) A forested area set aside for public executions.
(c) A staged area for opera performances.
(d) A ring or pit for entertainment or sports.
2. How would you describe the language in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
3. What children's magazine was Frank R. Stockton editor of?
(a) The Riverside Magazine.
(b) St. Nicholas.
(c) Hearth and Home.
(d) Time magazine.
4. What do the hired mourners do if the criminal on trial is killed?
(a) They play stringed instruments.
(b) They dance.
(c) They sing.
(d) They wail.
5. How are the vaults of the amphitheater described?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the doors that the criminal must choose from described in the narrative?
2. What word from the narrative means causing or involving great fear or suffering?
3. Of the criminal facing trial in the arena, the narrator says that he is subject to no guidance "but that of the aforementioned" what?
4. How is the word "florid" from the narrative defined?
5. What style does "The Lady, or the Tiger?" mimic?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)