|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the word "florid" from the narrative defined?
2. What word from the narrative refers to a right, immunity, or benefit enjoyed only by a person beyond the advantages of most?
3. What theme is introduced in Part 2 of the story?
(c) Romantic love.
4. When did Frank R. Stockton live?
5. When does the story take place?
(a) "In the years of the Great War."
(b) "In the very olden time."
(c) "Many many years into the future."
(d) "In the 1800s."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in the amphitheater does the king sit for the trials of criminals?
2. What is the king said to be greatly given to in the beginning of the story?
3. How would you describe the king's method of governing?
4. What does the word "incorruptible" from the story mean?
5. The king's vast amphitheater is described in Part 2 as "an agent of" what?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)