|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "barbarism" in the narrative most closely reflect?
2. How would you describe the king's method of governing?
3. How did author Frank R. Stockton support himself before his work as an author?
(a) He was a book binder.
(b) He was a wood engraver.
(c) He was a butcher.
(d) He was a banker.
4. When does the story take place?
(a) "In the very olden time."
(b) "In the 1800s."
(c) "Many many years into the future."
(d) "In the years of the Great War."
5. What aspect common to children's stories did Frank R. Stockton avoid in his writing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Frank R. Stockton from?
2. What word from the beginning of the novel means uninhibitedly enthusiastic?
3. What does the word "semified" from the narrative mean?
4. How are the distant neighbors described that helped to polish the king's ideas?
5. Where was "The Lady, or the Tiger?" first published?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)