|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What children's magazine was Frank R. Stockton editor of?
(a) The Riverside Magazine.
(b) St. Nicholas.
(c) Hearth and Home.
(d) Time magazine.
2. How did author Frank R. Stockton support himself before his work as an author?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a book binder.
(c) He was a banker.
(d) He was a wood engraver.
3. When was "The Lady, or the Tiger?" first published?
4. What word from the narrative refers to the capacity of persons or things to be a compelling force on the behavior or opinions of others?
5. What literary word refers to a typical example of a certain person or thing, such as the characters in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What literary movement is Frank R. Stockton associated with?
2. What word from the short story means uncivilized or primitive?
3. What literary term refers to the background information provided by the author in the beginning of the story?
4. How is the king's demeanor described when "some of his orbs got out of their orbits" in the beginning of the story?
5. How does the narrator describe the audience in the case where a criminal is killed in the arena?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)