|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word "untrammelled" from the story mean?
2. What is described behind one of the doors in Part 2 of the narrative?
(a) The king.
(b) A judge.
(c) A tiger.
(d) A jester.
3. With what genre is "The Lady, or the Tiger?" associated?
(b) Science fiction.
4. How would you describe the narrator's point of view?
5. What does "barbarism" in the narrative most closely reflect?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the king, the narrator says in Part 2 that he "knew no tradition to which he owed more allegiance than" what?
2. How would you describe the language in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
3. What aspect common to children's stories did Frank R. Stockton avoid in his writing?
4. When are criminals brought to the king's amphitheater, according to the narrator in Part 2?
5. How does the narrator describe the king in Part 2?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)