|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the audience in the case where a criminal is killed in the arena?
(a) "With poetic songs of freedom."
(b) "With rapturous cries of justice."
(c) "With merry laughter and dancing."
(d) "With bowed heads and downcast hearts."
2. How did author Frank R. Stockton support himself before his work as an author?
(a) He was a butcher.
(b) He was a banker.
(c) He was a wood engraver.
(d) He was a book binder.
3. What word from the narrative refers to an epic poem or an instrumental composition?
4. How would you describe the king's method of governing?
5. How are the passages of the amphitheater described in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the king described in the beginning of the story?
2. How are the distant neighbors described that helped to polish the king's ideas?
3. The narrator says in Part 2 of the story that the king's arena was built "for purposes far better adapted to widen and develop" what?
4. The king's vast amphitheater is described in Part 2 as "an agent of" what?
5. How is the arena defined in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)