|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Frank R. Stockton live?
2. What word from the story refers to a requital according to merits or deserts?
3. What word from the narrative means to bring out or to obtain by special means?
4. What is described as waiting behind a second door in Part 3 of the story?
(a) A dagger.
(b) A throne.
(c) A lady.
(d) A sword.
5. What does the word "untrammelled" from the story mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the iron bells described that ring if the criminal is killed in the arena?
2. Of the criminal facing trial in the arena, the narrator says that he is subject to no guidance "but that of the aforementioned" what?
3. What literary word refers to a typical example of a certain person or thing, such as the characters in "The Lady, or the Tiger?"
4. Where was "The Lady, or the Tiger?" first published?
5. What word from Part 3 of the story refers to the act of bringing into use or operation?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)